Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Toon of Their Lives ❯ Bubbles Learns the Truth, Discovering the Heartless ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4: (Bubbles Learns the Truth, Discovering the Heartless)

Voice: Hey, Judge!

They all turned to Eddie Valiant as Bubbles opened her eyes. She sighed in relief when she saw Roger pushing back with his ears. Courage looked a little curious as Eddie was holding the shot-glass of alcohol.

Valiant: Doesn't a dying rabbit deserve a last request?

Roger: (struggling) Yeah, nose plugs would be nice!

Valiant: (shows him the glass) I think you want a drink.

Roger shivered a little as the judge turned him over towards Eddie.

Valiant: How about it Judge?

Judge Doom: Well, why not? I don't mind prolonging the execution.

Valiant: (tries to give it to Roger) Happy trails.

Roger: (pushes the glass back) No thanks, Eddie. I'm trying to cut down.

Valiant: (tries again) Drink the drink!

Roger: But I don't want the drink!

Judge Doom: (interrupts) He doesn't want the drink.

That was when the two keep on saying the "Do's & Don'ts". The weasels, Katz, and the three time travelers looked at what they were doing.

Bubbles: What are they doing?

Katz: I have no idea...but they should be more refined about the last request, like I am.

That's when Wise Guy & Greasy noticed Eddie using the reverse psychology on Roger, making the duo realize that alcohol could do something to Roger. The weasel leader then turned to the others.

Wise Guy: Boys, get those three mugs under the tables, now!

Just as he said that, Roger took the glass and told Eddie.

Roger: Listen, when I say I do it means I do!

He drank the glass, with some spilling onto Courage's nose, before being pushed in with Bubbles & Serena.

Courage: Bleck!

That was when Roger began acting a little crazy. Eddie and Dolores ducked just as Roger screamed like a whistle. His whistle scream broke many glasses. The weasels got up as they tried battling the detective. But Greasy was kicked towards the wall, Stupid was punched towards the bar, Psycho was upper-cutted towards the tables, and Wheezy was whacked by the chair. Wise Guy then punched a couple of times to him, and just as he was about to use his knife on him, he was hit by the bottle of beer. Courage, Serena, and Bubbles didn't think it was funny at all, and neither did the ones looking out the window, as it broke. Just then, Roger's affect was worn off, and was almost in the DIP, if Eddie hadn't caught him.

Valiant: Gotcha, kid!

He then poured the continents towards the judge. He backed away as the other weasels got up and saw Roger getting away, while they also noticing the DIP.

Wise Guy: Great, how are we suppose to catch up to them now?

Katz: I could carry you, but 1. I don't like getting wet, and 2. I can only carry one of you at a time.

Courage, having enough, took out a frying pan and whacked Katz' head.

Katz: (Anime eye swirls) Oh my, look at the pretty stars...

He then fell unconscious as the pink dog raced towards the DIP.

Courage: Don't worry, guys! I'll save you!

He then took a deep breath and started sucking all the DIP, making a clearing for everyone.

Man 1: That's no ordinary Toon!

Man 2: That's cause he drank the whole DIP by himself.

Man 3: There goes one brave Toon dog.

The weasels were shocked at what Courage did. The pink dog felt a little sick, as he raced towards the broken window (where Minnie & the others were) and vomited the DIP out towards one of the empty canisters outside. The pink dog chuckled in his own usual way.

Wise Guy: (confused) What kind of Toon is he anyway?

Greasy: I do not think that the dog is a Toon, maybe strange, but not a Toon.

The judge looked at the pink dog moaning as two familiar arms grabbed him towards the window.

Judge Doom: (thinking) So, there are spies among us...

Four of the weasels headed towards the stairs as Stupid tried to stay behind.

Stupid: I'll stay and uh, kinda clean the place up.

That was when a familiar arm was put on his shoulder, making Stupid shiver. He turned and saw the familiar glowing eyes.

Stupid: GAHH! (runs towards the stairs)Wait up, guys!

Serena & Bubbles followed where Courage was and jumped towards the window as Katz got up, rubbing his head.

Katz: Stupid dog...and this is one of the reasons why I detest dogs.

The judge peeked his head out the window as he saw Bubbles using her flying powers towards the top of the van, with Serena, Courage, and the Toon friends they've made.

Judge Doom: (thinking)He is right, that girl does have powers from beyond...I must have them!

He then turned to Katz with an evil smile.

Judge Doom: Katz, meet me near Gingerbread Lane, (walks off) I have a plan.

Outside, Courage had covered themselves in the black cloth once more as he heard Wise Guy's voice.

Wise Guy: Move over, I'm driving!

The van was turned on as the sirens were too. The pink dog peeked out and saw a Toon cab (Benny) being chased by them. Even though he was far, Courage had good ears at what Benny was saying.

Benny: Now that's what I call a couple of road hogs!

He then saw Wise Guy firing at them.

Wise Guy: I'm gonna blow his head off!

Then the tram was coming, as Benny with Roger & Eddie quickly turned around. The van, which was a little slower, turned also, making Wise Guy, Psycho, and Stupid's heads collide with each other. The pink dog looked out and saw the same creatures Stupid saw. Minnie gasped as she also saw it. All Courage could do was scream.

Courage: AHHHH!!

This made the pink dog almost fall out of the van, going through one of the windows, as Stupid looked confused.

Stupid: You again? Uh, what are you doing in the van?

Wise Guy: (angrily) Stupid, just throw the stupid dog out! He does not belong here!

Stupid: (looks sad) Sorry, dog.

He then placed Courage outside the window, making both of them see the Heartless.

Courage & Stupid: AHHHH!!

He threw Courage up as Stupid got his club out and tried to whack it.

Stupid: Get away! Get out! Go, shoo!

He kept on missing the creature until he heard a whack sound. He looked and saw the creature disintegrating, leaving behind a bottle of what looked like DIP.

Stupid: (thinking) What is this DIP doing here?

Wise Guy: Stupid, quit fooling around, will you? We have a rabbit to catch!

Stupid: (puts the bottle away) Oh, right!

The van then turned as Courage hid again.

Courage: (thinking)What was that thing anyway? It's not like it to show up out of nowhere.

He gulped as he heard someone screaming. The others peeked out and saw Benny about to hit the Toon Patrol van as the three weasels laughed.

Benny: PULL THE LEVER!

Roger & Valiant: Which one? Which one? Which one?!

A sign appeared on the dashboard with an arrow with words saying, "This one, Stupid".

Wise Guy: (steps on the gas) I'm gonna ram 'em!

Just before the weasels hit them, the lever was pulled and Benny suddenly rose up on his wheels and drove over the van. The others saw it too and were shocked.

Serena: How is he doing that?

Just then, the weasels saw the motorcycle cops and screamed as their eyes popped out.

Weasels: AHHHH!!

The motorcycles were hit, making the cops fly over them and fall onto the road. At that point, Dale had enough.

Dale: That's it! I don't care what Chipper says! (raises his hand) I'm gonna cast a spell!

He looked at Wise Guy driving and then pointed his hand toward him.

Dale: Deep Freeze!

Then the window turned to ice as Wise Guy screamed.

Wise Guy: AHHH!!

He stepped on the brake quickly, making Courage fall out.

Courage: OOOOHHH!

His head collided on the iced glass, breaking it. Psycho looked confused as Greasy's voice came out.

Greasy's Voice: Did you guys catch him yet?

Wise Guy: (sighs) No, just that stupid dog again.

The pink dog chuckled nervously as the weasels, Bubbles, and Serena got out of the van while Chip bopped Dale again.

Chip: Dale, that was the stupidest thing you've ever done! Now they'll know we're not really from Toon Town!

Serena & Bubbles walked towards the weasels as she looked concerned.

Serena: Are you three okay?

Courage moaned as he flopped down on the floor. The three weasels looked at the three.

Wise Guy: This is all your fault! If you hadn't meddled on our case, this wouldn't have happened!

Bubbles then realized something.

Bubbles: (thinking)Now I get it why they couldn't catch Roger. It was us...we stopped them on their tracks.

One of the other weasels came up to them.

Weasel: Sir, we suspect that the girl, Dolores, is in on the Roger Rabbit Case.

Wise Guy: What?!

Weasel: But I think the only way we can get through to this case is to go back to Toon Town.

Wise Guy: Forget it! We're not going back to Toon Town until this case is over.

Greasy's Voice: (in the van) What about Sarah, and that red cat?

This made Psycho had a little second thought.

Psycho: Wait a minute...if Katz and Sarah stay in Toon Town...(angrily) then he'll force her to be his girlfriend!

His eyes were now on fire. As he got out his mallet, he looked like he was in rage.

Psycho: That's it! No one, and I mean no one tries to force Sarah!

Stupid: You okay?

Psycho: (Anime glances) No, I'm not! That jerk's gonna try to force Sarah to be his girlfriend!

The leader weasel slapped his forehead.

Wise Guy: All right, we'll go to Toon Town, but only to get some supplies. (looks at the trio) But you three better not meddle on our case from this point on anymore.

Weasel: You know those three?

Stupid: Uh...we do?

This caused the leader weasel to fall on the floor.

Wise Guy: Now I know how Judge Doom feels...

A little later, the six weasels (with 4 hidden Toons) took off on the van once more as the sun was setting. Bubbles looked a little more worried than usual.

Bubbles: Oh no, if they destroy Toon Town, everyone we know & care for will be gone!

Serena: But we can't get there unless someone sees us using our powers.

Courage then noticed a familiar yellow Toon taxi.

Courage: I have an idea, girls. (sticks his thumb out) Hey, Taxi!

The Toon cab stopped in front of them and looked at the three.

Benny: What is it? How did you know to stick your thumb out to signal me?

Bubbles: Um...lucky guess?

He looked a little concerned about it, but let it slide on the three for now.

Benny: All right, but you're gonna have to tell me where we're going. My meter's running...

Serena: (as she & the others get in)Can you take us to Toon Town?

Benny: Sure, but it'll cost you!

Courage took out a gold egg and placed it inside.

Benny: Well...close enough!

The Toon cab drove fast, making the three time travelers scream while traveling to Toon Town. It had been almost 10 minutes for the four of them. Serena was surprised that they were passing Hollywood so fast while Courage shivered when he saw the tunnel.

Courage: I hope it's not that dark...

Bubbles: Don't worry, it'll be all right.

Benny: Hang on, kids!

He drove extremely fast towards what looked like a red curtain. But just as they near it, the curtains opened up as some sort of happy music played. That's when all the Toons from the red curtain started singing, making Bubbles smile.

Toons: (singing)Smile, Darn ya smile, You know this old world is a great world after all. Smile, Darn ya smile, And right away, watch Lady Luck, pay you a call!

As they sang, the three are shocked & surprised as they saw all of the Toons they had known inside the wondrous Toon Town. That was when Bubbles began singing the tune also.

Toons & Bubbles: (singing)Things are never black as they are painted, time for you and joy to get acquainted. Make life worthwhile, come on and Smile, Darn you smile!

Bubbles: (jumps for joy) Whee!

Courage: (looks at Benny) How come you're not singing?

Benny: I'm a cab, not a musician!

Bubbles waves goodbye to the Toons she sang with as the cab with his passengers drove off to Toon Town. Meanwhile, with the weasels, the six weasels had already reached Toon Town, but it was dark where they are. The weasels got out of the van as Minnie, Daisy, and the chipmunks watched from above the van.

Wise Guy: All right, ya mugs, listen up! Tonight will be the final plan to get rid of Toon Town.

Greasy: (thinking)Toon Town?! But why would he be interested in my home?

The leader fixed his jacket as he got out his picture of his parents.

Wise Guy: Whatever you have in this town, get it now! Cause after this, all of Toon Town will be destroyed.

Weasel: I'll get the others to know that.

He nods as the weasel left from them. At that point Minnie looked at Daisy & the chipmunks.

Daisy: (quietly) What do you think will happen to Toon Town if we don't stop them?

Minnie: (quietly)Daisy, we'll just have to hear from the weasels first, then we'll tell Mickey.

Dale, being the dumb one in the group, stepped on Chip's tail accidentally.

Chip: Yeow!

The weasels looked up and saw the 4 Toons as Chip bopped Dale's head again.

Chip: Dummy!

Dale: (rubs his head) Ow! (glances)Whatcha do that for?

Chip: You're always goofing around, making the others meddle on everything!

Dale: Am not!

Chip: Are too!

Dale: Am not!

Chip: Are too!

Wise Guy: (shouts) SHUT IT!

The two chipmunks sweatdrop when they heard his voice. Wise Guy looked at the 4 Toons, looking very serious.

Wise Guy: So, there were more spies after all...(takes out his gun) There's one thing to do, and you ain't gonna like it.

Psycho: (looks around) Maybe Sarah went out.

Greasy: (tips his hat) You guys do whatever, we'll check on Sarah and maybe get some more weapons...

Stupid looked a little strange at them as Greasy & Psycho were about to go.

Stupid: Okay, but just make sure that you don't run into those things again!

Greasy looked confused, but shrugged it off as he headed the other direction. Wise Guy motioned the 4 to get down from the van. They do so as he spoke once more.

Wise Guy: What are you four doing spying on us? (points his gun) Say it or I'll blow your brains out!

Chip: (crosses his arms) No, there's no way we'll ever tell you anything.

Wise Guy: What about that ice? It didn't appear itself...(glances at Dale) Must've been one of you!

Dale: Why do you think I did that? It's not like I have magic or any powers.

Wise Guy: Liar!

As he said that, Stupid saw the same black creature, the Heartless and screamed.

Stupid: GAH! Guys, it's here! (runs to them)It's after us!

Wheezy: What are you-

Just then, more of the Heartless appeared, making the leader weasel realize Stupid was telling the truth.

Wise Guy: What are those things?

Minnie & Daisy: The Heartless!

Wheezy: (confused) Heart-what?

Chip: (prepares to fight) They're creatures that take away everyone's hearts.

Wise Guy: (concerned) Those things? They don't even look like creatures that take hearts!

Wheezy: He has a point there.

Stupid: (gets his club up) Look, I may not know alot about those creatures, but I do know that these things are trying to make us look worse than before!

The three weasels took their weapons as of the 4 Toons. Then one of the Heartless leapt up into the air, ready to slice one of them. Back with Bubbles, she had split from Serena, Courage, and Benny to do some more investigating. As she walked passed one of the alleys, she heard Judge Doom's Voice with another she hadn't heard before.

Judge Doom's Voice: This will be my finest hour and your body will help me with that.

Voice: Stop it! You've already done enough killing innocents, but this is going too far!

Bubbles: (thinking)What the-? I didn't know there was someone else being forced to help him?

She looked at the alley and gasped at what she saw. There were two Doom weasels, but one of them looked more like the weasel Bubbles remembered earlier.

Bubbles: (thinking)Nack the Weasel? But what's he doing here in Toon Town?

As she saw what was happening, the two Dooms (I'm gonna call the evil Doom Yami Doom from now on) were having a conversation and the normal Doom (who's transparent) didn't look happy.

Yami Doom (Judge Doom): Don't worry, Dominic, after what I'll do, you won't have to worry about your sister or cousin any longer.

Doom: But it's not right! You're gonna kill her for no reason!

Yami Doom: Oh, do tell. But still, she murdered your parents, did she not?

Doom looked down and sighed.

Doom: I thought she murdered them, but I guess I can't blame her like I did years ago.

Bubbles was shocked about this as she backed away.

Bubbles: (thinking)Two Judge Dooms? I don't believe it!

She then saw the key chain Yami Doom was wearing glow. The image of the normal Doom disappeared as Yami Doom pulled out a gun.

Yami Doom: (smirks) Now...onto business.

He runs towards the streets of Townsville as Bubbles followed.

Bubbles: (thinking)I better help that Toon or he'll be in trouble with that evil counterpart, whatever he is.

Meanwhile, near the old Spanish weasel's house, Goofy walked over the trash can without looking and fell flat onto his face.

Goofy: Whoa!

He got up as he rubbed his nose.

Goofy: Ouch...

Donald was with Goofy as he shook his head.

Donald: Goofy, we need to find the king and make sure the keyhole here's sealed up!

Goofy: But Donald, shouldn't we find...(whispers)you-know-who first?

Donald: Goofy, we've looked everywhere for the princess and there's no sign of her!

Little did the two Toons know was that she was overhearing the conversation.

Goofy: Maybe we should ask King Mickey again.

Donald: Forget it, he's parachuting with King Bugs and we can't find him unless he lands somewhere!

Goofy was grabbed by the Toon duck & dragged from the street. Sarah looked confused at the two Toons about the situation.

Sarah: (thinking)What did they mean by King Mickey? I know Mickey rules the Disney parts of Toon Town, but King?

She just sighed as she started to dust the house. Little did she know was that a familiar weasel was watching her as he pointed his gun towards her.

Yami Doom: (thinking)Farewell, Sarah...may you rest in peace for all eternity.

He was about to pull the trigger, but then Bubbles flew as she shouted.

Bubbles: NOOOO!!!

She pushed the weasel, but only enough to make sure Sarah's heart wasn't aimed. The trigger was pulled however as some of the DIP from the human-made gun hit a piece of Sarah's arm, making her scream.

Sarah: AHHHH!!!

At that moment, at another part of Toon Town, Greasy heard Sarah's cry.

Greasy: Sarah?

He then ran towards the streets, with Serena & Courage behind the zoot-suited Toon. He sighed about the two following them.

Greasy: Why do you two keep on following me? It is being enough to ruin our case, but this is being too much!

Serena got close enough to the green weasel as she glanced at him.

Serena: Now look, Mr. Jump Suit Weasel-

Greasy: (anger mark) It's a Zoot Suit! Can you not be seeing it in front of your eyes?!

That's when Courage helped the teen up as he looked at him.

Courage: Listen to me, Greasy! The only reason we're following you guys is so you don't try to kill every Toon we love in there! And while we're on the subject, that girl you're trying to protect is in danger as well!

Greasy: (angrily) Will you shut up about Sarah for once!? No one and I mean no one should dare be crossing Alexander Hérnico Weasely's path, like you!

Courage: (angrily) Now listen! You're only saying that cause you're afraid of losing someone you actually cared for all these years! I know how you feel, but overprotecting never solves anything!

The weasel glanced at Courage and sighed.

Greasy: You do not know anything about me...

He ran passed the two as Courage looked curious.

Courage: (thinking)I know he wants to help others, but destroying Toon Town?

The pink dog shook his head as Serena got down and helped the pink dog up. The green suited weasel had a tear rolled onto his eye.

Greasy: Sarah, if anything happens to you...I'll...never forgive myself.

(End of Chapter 4)