Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ This is Me ❯ Chapter four “Back from the Dead” ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter four “Back from the Dead”
 
~~Jenna's POV~~
 
Hi, my name is Jenna Summers and I'm an American in Japan. Well, now I'm officially part of the Sailor Scouts. After watching the scouts fight on TV against a group of new monsters, a horde of Athach, Youso and Masaru convinced me that I was the right girl for the job. Along with the two of them we raced to get to Serena and the others where I defended them from the Athach. Afterwards they accepted me into their group although I told them I would work hard to keep up with them. But right now I feel like Masaru is distancing himself from me and I wonder why?
 
~~Normal POV~~
 
Jenna and Youso were in Jenna's room as she packed what appeared to be an over-night bag. “I still do not see a reason behind this,” Youso said.
 
“All the scouts are going to be there at Raye's temple for the sleepover so we all can talk together. This way we're not being bothered by anyone outside the scouts. Although..." Jenna trailed off.
 
"Something wrong Jenna?" Youso asked seeing her glance towards her bedroom window as if waiting for something...or someone to appear. Youso understood why she had let her thought leave her. "You miss him don't you?"
 
Jenna looked at the ferret. "Is it that easy to tell?" she asked him. Youso only nodded certain that no words needed to be said. She sighed. "It's strange the way he just distanced himself within a few seconds."
 
"He must've had a reason for it," Youso said trying to reassure her.
 
"I know Youso, but I would still like to know why," Jenna told him as she finished packing. "Ow!" she exclaimed as she felt as if something bit her neck, but she brushed it off, "Time to go." With that Youso slipped into her bag since no one in her family knew of the ferret and she wanted to keep it that way until he couldn't hide anymore.
 
She quickly made her way to Raye's temple unaware that Masaru was silently following them. He wasn't going to let her out of his sight. He didn't know what these strange feelings were building up inside him every time he saw or thought of Jenna. `I could tell her, but that would put her at risk not just from scout monsters, but other monsters that could do more then just kill her,' he thought.
 
Soon Jenna arrived at the temple to see the Inner Scouts, Outer Scouts, Starlights, Rini, and the Asteroids there. “Hey girls,” Jenna said as she came in. Rini, Vesta, Pallas, Ceres, and Juno ran over and hugged her. She chuckled as the rest of the scouts laughed.
 
They all got changed into their pajamas before slipping into their sleeping bags. “So Jenna what was your life in America like?” Vesta asked.
 
“It was tough over there. Sometimes my family was scared. Where we lived there was a lot of gang activity going on. You never knew if you go out it would be the last time your family saw you. Anyway it was all-tough, but still there were places that were fun. There was an amusement park that was somewhat nearby that my family and me loved to go to every once in awhile,” she told them. She lay back in her sleeping back and then flinched slightly. Suddenly she groaned in pain.
 
“Jenna you okay?” Lita asked.
 
“I don't know. Something feels…wrong,” Jenna answered and then she cried out in pain.
 
“There's a dark aura surrounding her!” Raye said as all the girls shot to her side.
 
“Can you tell where it's coming from?” Luna asked Raye.
 
“Looks like around her neck,” Raye answered.
 
Jenna then remembered what happened before she arrived at the temple. “On the side of neck, before we came it felt like something bite me there,” she told them turning her head. The scouts gasped when saw the bite area that was now seemed swollen.
 
“Can you help her Raye?” Taiki asked the Mars scout.
 
“I can try,” she said as she held her hands out over the mark and tried to use her priestess abilities to banish it away, but it repelled her and the aura grew bigger around Jenna, who groaned in pain and anguish, closing her eyes trying to fight the pain. “It's not letting me.”
 
Youso watched on with horror as Jenna continued to fight back the pain, but the others could tell she was really hurting. He had to go get help and he knew just the person to get it from. Without a word he rushed outside where he raised his nose to the air and sniffed. He then took off in one direction and not that far away sat Masaru looking like he was debating something with himself when Youso leapt onto his head shocking him in surprise. “What the seven hell's was that about ferret?” Masaru demanded.
 
“No time to talk right now. Jenna is in danger!” Youso told Masaru.
 
Youso had Masaru's attention now. “What do you mean?” he demanded.
 
“Some kind of dark aura has engulfed her and won't let her free. Its source is a bite mark on her neck. Raye tried to use some of her priestess abilities to defeat it, but it repelled her and grew strong. I don't want to think about what could happen to Jenna if she remains in it much longer,” Youso explained.
 
`Jenna!' Masaru thought fiercely. He plucked Youso off his head and put him on his left shoulder. “Hold on,” Masaru told him as he swiftly leapt for the temple.
 
Back at the temple Raye was trying again to release Jenna from whatever she was under. “It's still no good,” Amara said as they all watched and tried to think of some way to free their newest scout.
 
Suddenly the door opened to the room and there stood Masaru with Youso on his shoulder. “Masaru!” Ceres said in surprise as the others stared.
 
Jenna heard the name and glanced over to see him standing there. Masaru swore under his breath seeing how much pain Jenna was in and how strong the aura was around her. `I only know of one person who will be able to help,' he thought as he went over and picked Jenna up bridal style in his arms. “Follow me and keep up. We have to work fast to help her,” he told the scouts who all nodded. “We need to head to the Sunset Shrine.”
 
“Amara's car can't fit all of us,” Michelle said.
 
“Then use our bus. Amara can drive,” Seiya said as all the scouts and guardians headed out for the bus.
 
Youso remained on Masaru's shoulder as Masaru glanced down at Jenna who looked up at him with pleading eyes as she tried to hold back the pain. “Hold on Jenna. I'll help free you of this,” he assured her and then leapt away towards the shrine.
 
Soon they all arrived at the Sunset Shrine, which looked like it was abandoned. “Why are we here?” Yaten asked.
 
“There seems to be a small opening in time here,” Trista said amazed that she never felt it until this day.
 
“Will you be able to track me?” Masaru asked Trista who nodded. He then dashed into the well house where he then leapt down the well. `Hold on a little longer Jenna,' he told her as he leapt out the well on the other side dashing towards a village.
 
Soon the scouts who went through the gates of time arrived where Trista had tracked Masaru to and saw two girls approach them in kimonos. They appeared to be twins since they looked similar to each other and had the same dark brown hair. One had purple eyes while the other had light brown eyes. The scouts prepared to fight, but the two remained calm. “You guys must be here looking for Masaru,” one girl said, she wore a dark green kimono and she was the one with purple eyes while the other girl wore a light blue kimono and had the light brown eyes, “My name is Akiko and this is my twin Akako. We're friends of Masaru's. We'll lead you to him and your friend.”
 
“How do we know we can trust you?” Juno demanded.
 
“I figured you would be cautious,” a male voice said as Youso appeared on Akako's right shoulder, “I came to assure you it is all right.”
 
“How's Jenna?” Pallas asked as the scouts stood down and the younger scouts rushed towards Akiko and Akako to talk to Youso.
 
“She is being taken care of right now by Masaru's mother and aiding her is Akiko and Akako's father who is a monk while Masaru's mother is a priestess,” Youso answered.
 
“I thought monks weren't allowed to marry?” Yaten asked.
 
“Our father is a special type of monk,” Akako answered as they approached a village.
 
A boy waited outside a hut in the middle of the village, with short black hair and dark brown eyes, and when he saw the scouts approach his jaw dropped. He moved to greet them, but was pulled back by his collar of his monk type robe by Masaru. “Down Takumi. They can kick your ass if you over step,” Masaru told him. Masaru then let go of him and approached the scouts. “Come on in. She should be waking soon.”
 
They all entered the hut to see Jenna sleeping in a bedroll with four figures around her. One woman looked like and older version of the twins meaning she was their mother yet she had dark brown eyes, another was a man dressed as a monk with black hair and purple eyes, another was another woman with long black hair and brown eyes, and the last man had long silver colored hair and gold colored eyes. “Is she okay?” Hotaru asked.
 
“Yes she is. She'll be fine. My name is Kagome and this my husband InuYasha and our friends Miroku and Sango,” the black haired woman said first pointing to the silver haired man then the other two beside Jenna.
 
Just then Jenna began to awaken. “Jenna!” Artemis exclaimed and everyone looked to see her slowly sitting up.
 
“What happened?” Jenna asked opening her eyes. She glanced around surprised to find herself somewhere else.
 
“Do you remember anything?” Youso asked as he appeared in Jenna's lap.
 
“I remember talking and then pain everywhere. I heard someone say something about my neck and then I told you about the bite. Then I heard someone say Masaru and I saw him then I blanked out. I saw something strange after I blanked out it looked like a strange scar that looked like a spider,” she said.
 
“A spider scar?” InuYasha asked in surprise.
 
Jenna turned with a nod and then gasped when she saw the person who had spoken. “Its all right Jenna. Its just my dad,” Masaru said somewhat softly.
 
Jenna turned to Masaru. “Your dad?” she asked. He nodded and everyone watched as he produced a necklace from around his neck, which looked like the same one InuYasha was wearing. He took it all the way off and his appearance changed. His hair changed to the same color as InuYasha's, his eyes were a golden brown, and he took on the same type of appearance as InuYasha.
 
“What the?” the younger scouts asked.
 
“Masaru and my husband are both half demons. Half human half dog demon to be exact,” Kagome explained.
 
“That's what you were hiding?” Jenna asked Masaru who nodded looking away from her. “I can understand why now.” He looked at her in surprise. “You didn't know how we or me were going to react when you should us this form. You wear that necklace to make you appear human?”
 
“That's the idea,” Masaru said.
 
“Well I think we can all say that we're fine in whatever form you take,” Serena said and the other scouts nodded.
 
“Why did you ask about the scar she talked about?” Lita asked InuYasha.
 
“Because that scar brings back memories of an old foe we fought and defeated,” Sango explained.
 
“And that is?” Michelle asked.
 
“A dark hanyou by the name of Naraku,” Miroku said.
 
“A hanyou is another word for half demon. Normally a hanyou is formed between a demon and a human relationship, while a dark hanyou…”
 
“Is formed another way,” Amy said finishing InuYasha's sentence.
 
“Naraku use to be a human bandit named Onigumo until he was badly burned and could no longer move. He was taken in by a priestess by the name of Kikyo and was tended to. At the time she was the protector of a jewel known as the Shikon no Tama or Jewel of four souls. Onigumo became infatuated with Kikyo and wished to be well again enough to court her. A group of demons came to him who hated Kikyo and wanted her dead so they all possessed Onigumo's body to which he gave himself a new name, Naraku,” Kagome explained.
 
“But why is he reappearing now and I thought the jewel was sent away forever?” Takumi asked.
 
“That's what we need to figure out,” Masaru said with a deep growl.
 
“Why would he target Jenna?” Akiko asked.
 
“Possibly to get to Masaru,” Jenna said, “I mean he would probably try to attack the one closest to him and it seemed to be me.”
 
“Well he messed with one scout and he'll have to deal with the rest of us,” Amara said and the other scouts nodded.
 
“Looks like we're all working together on this one,” Youso said and everyone nodded.
 
Too be continued…