Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Uragirimono ❯ Chapter 5 - Lilies and Blood ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Uragirimono
 
Notes: I was just bored one day so I sat down and started writing. I have no intention for this piece. I don't even know why I'm writing it when I have so much still unfinished. I guess I just need a break so I can sit down and get some fresh ideas into my head. I'll go back some day and re-watch some anime and finish some of my ficcies, but I really don't know when. I'm tired of writing the same old cliche fics and I just wanna have a lil fun again. Anyway, this'll be a Sailor Moon, Inuyasha ficcy (since that anime rox^^ I finally got to see it, fansub of course ~.^). Anyway, I really don't want to make this a romance, but if it takes that turn *shrugs* gomen. Well, that's all I'm gonna ramble on about for now. Please review or email me at pokahydee@mysticallegends.com. Also, check out my fanfiction contest on my site http://www.mysticallegends.com. There is currently no deadline until I receive more entrees. If this is good enough, maybe I'll enter it in that contest I'm a judge of *thinks and shrugs*
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or Inuyasha, they are owned by other people with alot more money than me *sniffle* The story belongs to me, though, steal and you'll have a hoard of hungry muses on your ass ready to beat the living crap outa ya and drag your beaten bloody carcass back to their master Naraku who will eat every last bite of you :P (^^; that was kinda violent ne? *blushes*)
 
Thoughts are 'italicized'
Dream Sequences are 'italicized' (thoughts in dreams aren't)
**** Change of scene, time, etc…
 
Chapter 5 - Lilies and Blood
 
Usagi, Kagome, and Sango had been upstairs for two hours getting ready for the concert Seiya had invited them to. They hadn't expected to go to a concert so it was a struggle searching through both girls' closets for appropriate clothes to wear to the concert. It had been tough, though. Usagi had been nearly in tears where she didn't find anything in her closet she wanted to wear.
 
"Mou, this skirt is too short." Usagi whined as she pulled down on the short, black skirt. Usagi had bought the skirt in Middle School and had grown a few inches since then so it was pretty short on her and hugged her hips tightly.
 
"It's supposed to be short, Usagi-chan." Kagome said as a sweatdrop appeared on her forehead. Kagome was wearing a red halter-top, short black skirt, and black chunky shoes. Sango stood beside her dressed in a one piece, strapless dress that was baby blue in color. Her hair was down with small braide here and there and streaks of silver and baby blue decorating her head.
 
"I never dress like this," Sango said with a blush as she tightened the strap of her white shoes that laced up her calves. "This outfit really isn't me."
 
"Not you too, Sango-chan!" Kagome whined as she finished putting on her lipstick. She had pulled her hair up in two sloppy buns on either side of her head and had streaks of red and glitter in her hair.
 
"Can you blame her? We're going to a concert with a perverted monk." Usagi said as she adjusted the sparkly, black tube top that she was wearing. She had chosen to put her hair up into two odangoes on either side of her head… a hairstyle she hadn't worn since her family had been taken from her. She had decided that she wasn't going to hide anymore, though. Since Inuyasha had been trying to kill her, she had realized something. By changing the way she looked and acted, she had been forsaking her family's death. They wouldn't want her to mourn for them forever. They would want her to be happy with her new family just like she had been when they had been alive. So she decided to move on and regain her sunny exterior in memory of the family she loved and missed. She smiled to herself and bent down to pull on the top of her knee-high boot.
 
"Ready minna-san?" A voice from outside the door asked after a quiet knock. "The concert starts soon, you wouldn't want to be late, na?" The only reason Miroku had chosen to go to the concert was to protect the girls. He doubted that anything would happen in the middle of a huge crowd but he had to make sure the Shikon no Tama and it's holder were safe. At least, that's what he told the girls… His real motives involved the groping of scantily clad fangirls in the crowd using the excuse that someone bumped him. [A.N. *everyone sweatdrops*]
 
"Hey Kagome, mom wants to see you before you leave. She wants to make sure you're wearing enough." Souta called through the door with his hands cupped around his face.
 
"Kuso! We're going to have to hide our outfits until we're on our way there." Kagome said as she began to rummage through her closet for long-sleeved shirts and long skirts.
 
"What's wrong Kagome-chan?" Sango asked as she took the offered outfit from Kagome. It was a long black skirt that reached her ankles with a light yellow, long sleeved shirt and a small bow on the wrists.
 
"We have to pass inspection before mom will let us leave." Kagome explained as a sweatdrop appeared on her forehead.
 
****
 
"I can't believe we tricked your mom like that, Kagome-chan," Usagi said as she sat next to the dark-haired girl on the bus. "She's going to find out, you know. Your mom isn't stupid."
 
"So, when do I get to see your real outfits?" Miroku asked as he winked at Sango. Her face turned fiery red and she slapped him on the cheek. "What was that for?" He pouted as he put his hand on his cheek. "I didn't even do anything, Sango-chan." Miroku whined as he rubbed his sore cheek. Sango frowned and crossed her arms over her chest not facing the monk.
 
"I know you were planning something, Houshi-sama." Sango said knowingly as she glanced back at the pervert to make sure both hands were in view. They all had learned to watch out for the lecherous priest whenever he was around. He would wait until they were least suspecting it and he would do something perverted.
 
"This is going to be so fun," Usagi squealed in anticipation. She began to take off the long skirt and shirt and stuffed them into Miroku's bag. "We're almost there minna, might as well walk in with our concert clothes, ne?"
 
"Hai." Sango and Kagome said as they began to strip down to the concert clothes and shove their other outfits in Miroku's bag, which was nearly bursting at the seams. Miroku's eyes widened as he saw their attire before a smirk slowly spread across his face.
 
"Don't even think about it, Houshi-sama. Unless you want me to break your hand off." Sango said as she pinched his creeping hand and twisted the skin.
 
"You mean you don't trust me, Sango-chan?" Miroku asked as he pulled his hand away and pouted ad the dark-haired woman.
 
****
 
Inuyasha cursed under his breath as he approached the house of the blond human and her protectors. For some reason, he would not get past the top of the long staircase. There was some sort of barrier around the whole area that was repelling him and preventing him from getting any closer.
 
"Kuso…" He mumbled to himself as he headed into the bushes that surrounded the outside of the shrine.
 
"What's wrong, Inukoro? Can't get through to your onna?" A familiar, arrogant voice said close by.
 
"Here to spy on me some more?" Inuyasha growled back at the annoying wolf youkai.
 
"If you fail again, our master is going to kill you." Kouga said in a bored tone as he absentmindedly cracked his knuckles.
 
"Keh! Don't you have anything better to do?" Inuyasha asked through clenched teeth.
 
"I'm just here to pick up my woman, baka. You might to pull that stick out of your ass while you're waiting. We may be here for a while." Kouga said as he leaned back on the slope and put his hands behind his head lazily and closed his eyes.
 
"Get lost, Yaseokami," Inuyasha growled at the wolf as he cracked his knuckles in annoyance. "Your scent is making me sick."
 
"Heh! Then why don't you leave and take your stench with you. I'm waiting for someone." Kouga said as he opened one eye and glared at the dog demon beside him.
 
"Keh! I have a job to do. Shouldn't you be doing something more important than picking up human girls?" Inuyasha growled as he glared at the lazy wolf demon.
 
"Hmmm…?" He asked as he peeked his eye open again and looked at Inuyasha. A smirk slowly spread across his face as he eyed the dog demon. "I am."
 
"Ne, are you guys ready to see the Three Lights in concert?" A female voice called out, which caused both demons to freeze and turn toward the voice. They saw them… the two human girls, the priest, and the taijiya.
 
"This is going to be so much fun," Kagome squealed. "I've never seen them in concert, and we have backstage passes too."
 
"Kagome-chan, they go to our school," Sango said with a sweatdrop. "We can see them whenever we want."
 
"Demo, it's so much more fun because Seiya-kun personally invited us to come." Usagi said with a smile on her face.
 
"Ne, I think Usagi-chan has a crush." Kagome said as she peered over at the girl with a suspicious look on her face.
 
"Nani?" Usagi asked as a brush slowly broke out across her face. "He's just some rich idol. Sure he's cute, but he's probably really stuck up too." Usagi said as she crossed her arms over her chest.
 
"Oi, you can't tell us that you don't like him, Usagi-chan," Sango said as the same expression as Kagome's spread across her face. "Ne, Kagome-chan, should we try to set them up?"
 
"Eh? Set me up?!" Usagi demanded as her face turned bright red. "I already told you, he's a famous idol. He's probably dating one of those popular movie stars that we see on television."
 
"You never know until you ask him." Kagome said as she bounded down the stairs toward the bus stop.
 
'Heh… this will be easy…' Inuyasha thought to himself. 'I just have to catch her off guard and knock her out before she can use her word on me.' He thought to himself as a smirk spread slowly across his face.
 
"Finally, I was starting to think they'd never leave," Kouga said behind Inuyasha as he jumped to his feet. "Ja, I'm taking off with my woman."
 
"Baka!" Inuyasha growled as Kouga took off at full speed toward the small group of people. Inuyasha caught up to him before he broke out of the bushes and tackled him from behind. He immediately slapped his hand over the wolf youkai's mouth and kept him pinned to the ground using his weight. He waiting until the group was out of earshot before he let the wolf up from the ground.
 
"What the hell are you doing, you bastard!" Kouga growled as he shoved Inuyasha away from him. He sniffed his clothes and growled low in the back of his throat. "Now I have dog stench all over me!"
 
"Baka! Leave that human girl alone until I complete my mission or I'll personally end your life!" Inuyasha growled as he raised his claws, which grew a few inches.
 
"Heh! Why should I, Inukoro?" Kouga demanded as his face twisted in anger.
 
"That onna put these damn beads around my neck. I have to catch her by surprise before she uses her word on me!" Inuyasha growled. "And you're not going to blow it for me by letting her know we're here, smelly wolf!" Kouga glared at the silver-haired, dog demon but didn't disagree.
 
"Fine, when you grab the blond, I'll take my woman then." Kouga said as he turned away from Inuyasha and crossed his arms over his chest. 'Stupid mutt… You won't succeed in this mission… I'll make sure of it. Then I'll get all the glory when I steal the Shikon no Tama… hell, why should I give it to our master? If I have it, no one will be able to touch me.' Kouga thought as a smirk spread across his face.
 
****
 
Miroku sighed and crossed his arms over his chest. He was all alone in the middle of the crowd. Kagome, Sango, and Usagi were close by, but they were too into the concert to pay attention to him. And all of the girls around him had parted when he tried to grope them so he was alone in the crowd.
 
"Is this concert almost over?" Miroku whined as he put his hand on Usagi's shoulder. Usagi's body stiffened at his touch but she just glanced over her shoulder at him then picked his hand up off of her shoulder and dropped it.
 
"There's only one more song." Usagi explained carefully.
 
"Don't tell me you suspect me too, Usag-chan?" Miroku whined as he reached out his hand and grabbed hers. "I really thought we had something. By the way, will you bare my child?" A large sweatdrop appeared on Usagi's forehead and her left eye began to twitch.
 
"Hentai!" Usagi cried as she pulled her hand away from him. She didn't slap him like Sango would; she didn't feel it was right to hit any person, especially a priest. "How many times have I told you, no! I'm only 16 years old; I can't have a kid! It's not happening." Usagi said as she turned away from him and crossed her arms over her chest.
 
"What a pervert."
 
"Why did they let a guy like that in here?"
 
"Isn't he a little old to like the Three Lights?"
 
"Do you think he's gay?" Voices were whispering all around them as the concert continued. Miroku took in a deep breath and let out a disappointed sigh. He thought he would make the best of this concert, but it seemed that no body wanted anything to do with the handsome priest.
 
"And this song goes out to a strange but beautiful odangoed girl I met recently," Seiya was saying in the microphone over the loud din of the crowd. "Where are you, Odango?" Usagi's face turned red as she heard his nickname for her. His eyes fell on her and he reached out his hand for hers. "Come on up here beautiful." He said as he reached his hand out toward her. The bouncers moved out of the way as Usagi approached the stage and reached up for his hand. 'Why is he doing this?' She asked herself, still very embarrassed. 'I've only just met him and he'd dedicating a song to me?'
 
Search for your love! Their most popular song began as fireworks went off behind them. Usagi's face was blazing red as she listened to his song that he had dedicated especially to her.
 
Inuyasha smirked slightly as he pushed through the crowd. He had managed to snatch some clothes off of a clothesline that someone had hanging in their backyard. He wore a baseball cap he'd snatched off some kid's head and a jean jacket he'd pulled off the clothesline. Kouga was walking behind him, but had taken a long black sheet off of the line and wrapped it around himself like a cloak. Inuyasha frowned at the wolf's appearance. He would draw attention to them dressed like that.
 
"Ne, look at that boy's silver hair!"
 
"Wow, it's so pretty!"
 
"It looks soft, let's go touch it!" Inuyasha's eyes widened as a group of about ten girls surrounded him and began to pull at his hair.
 
"Nani!? Let me go, bakas!!" Inuyasha yelled as he grabbed his hair out of their fingers. "Beat it!!" The girls' shot him nasty looks and used a few nasty words before they resumed their viewing of the concert.
 
"What a jerk! I bet he's never even had a girl friend!"
 
"Really, why would anyone want to date him? Sure, he's cute but he has a mean personality."
 
Inuyasha only growled low in the back of his throat and made a mental note to never wear his hair down around a large group of human females again. He was following her scent through the crowd. It was amazing he didn't lose it with all of the other scents in the arena and all of the people. Her scent had someone been imprinted on his mind. It was like lilies on a spring day and the slightest hint of the soap from her bath.
 
The song ended and the crowd roared in response. Inuyasha had to read his hands up to his head and cover his ears as the sound broke out so suddenly. His sensitive hearing enhanced the noise ten fold.
 
"Give it up for the Three Lights!" A voice came over the loud speaker, which prompted the crowd to yell even louder. Inuyasha had his hands clamped over his ears as he glanced up at the stage to see what had these human's so excited and he saw her… The blond woman who smelled so good. 'Nani?!? She does NOT smell good!!' He yelled at himself as he began to shove people out of the way. 'Good, her protectors aren't around now. I'll be able to snatch her right out from under their noses.' He thought to himself as he leapt into the air above the humans and landed on the stage. He smirked to himself as he balled up his fist and sent it into her stomach hard.
 
Usagi eyes went wide as she saw a red blur burst from the crowd. His speed was amazing… she felt his fist in her stomach at almost the exact time she saw him burst from the crowd. She felt the air rush out of her lungs and she slumped against his chest.
 
"Good night, human." Inuyasha said as Usagi's eyes slowly closed and she went completely limp in his arms.
 
****
 
"Do you think it was a good idea to let Seiya take her on stage with him?" Sango asked as Seiya reached his hand down toward the blond girl.
 
"I don't see why not," Miroku said to her. "I don't think the youkai would be stupid enough to try and kidnap her right out from under our nose in such a crowded place. Besides, Seiya is with her." Sango nodded slowly and turned back toward the stage. As much as she was enjoying the concert, she felt a bad vibe in the pit of her stomach. She didn't like to be somewhere in public unarmed when there were monsters running about trying to kidnap her friend.
 
"Ne, I'm going to go get a drink before the concert is over." Kagome said as she turned and ran toward the concession stand.
 
"Matte Kagome-chan!" Sango called after her as she stretched out a hand toward the dark-haired girl. "Kuso…. This is bad…" She mumbled to herself.
 
"Nande? Is something wrong Sango?" Miroku asked as he saw the serious expression on the demon exterminator's face.
 
"I just have a really bad feeling about this…" Sango said slowly as her eyes darted around the crowd. "I don't like being unarmed in such a crowd… Something is going to happen…" Miroku nodded his head and began to scan the crowd in the opposite direction. He stopped when he felt something familiar hidden in the crowd.
 
"Sango, do you feel that?" Miroku asked as his eyes narrowed in the direction of the power he sensed.
 
"Aa… I feel strong jyaki from two places." Sango said. "You go after that one, I'll go after this one." She said as she disappeared into the crowd.
 
"Matte! We should stay together!" Miroku called after her, but she had already disappeared in the mass of teenaged girls. "Kuso…" He mumbled to himself as he turned toward the other jyaki he felt. Then he remembered something… Kagome… She was all alone and had the Shikon no Tama on her. "Kagome-sama!" He yelled as he ran toward the concession stand to grab the girl before something grabbed her.
 
****
 
"Is this where it is?" A childish voice asked as they floated over a large stadium full of people. The creature underneath him said nothing but let out a quiet growl. "Yosh! We have to get the Shikon no Tama and become strong!"
 
****
 
Sango had just pushed through the crowd when she saw a familiar figure leap into the air. 'That was… Inuyasha!' She thought in horror as her eyes followed his leap. He was headed straight for Usagi.
 
"Usagi-chan!! Run!!" Sango yelled at the top of her lungs. It was no use, though. The demon was much too fast even if Usagi could hear her over the roar of the crowd. "Kuso!!" She yelled at the top of her lungs as she began to bound her way through the girls. Everyone thought it was just part of the show so they were clapping and cheering.
 
"Let her go, you bastard!" Seiya said as he took a step toward the demon. He still had his microphone on so everyone in the audience knew exactly what he had said.
 
"Let me through!" Sango yelled as the bouncers barred her way. "I don't have time for this!" She shouted as she kicked one of them in the face. She dug her foot into his back when he landed on the ground and jumped up onto the stage.
 
"Grab her!" The bouncers were yelling after her, they were strong but had absolutely no speed so they hadn't even managed to hoist themselves up on the stage yet.
 
"Get out of my way!" Inuyasha growled as his eyes flashed red and his nails grew longer. A jagged purple stripe appeared down either side of the silver-haired demon's face and he grabbed the hat off his head and flung it to the ground to reveal two fluffy dog-ears on the top of his head. Seiya didn't budge from his spot as Inuyasha ripped the jean jacket to sheds and flung the unconscious girl over his shoulder.
 
"Release her now!!" Seiya said as he lunged at the demon with his fists ready.
 
"Sankou Tetsusou!!" Inuyasha yelled as he struck out at the idol with his claws. He caught him right across the stomach and the dark-haired man crumpled to stomach as blood began to pool around him on the stage.
 
"Stop right there, youkai!!" Sango yelled as she stopped in front of Inuyasha. She reached for something on the inside of her thigh and pulled out a short knife and pointed it at Inuyasha.
 
"I don't have time to deal with you, wench!!" Inuyasha growled as he took a swipe at her. She managed to dodge barely and he jumped into the air off of the stage. He landed in the midst of the crowd and jumped into the air again.
 
****
 
"There you are, onna. Are you ready to come with me this time?" A familiar voice purred into Kagome's ear. Kagome spun around to face a set of blue eyes and fangs and dropped the drink she had just paid for.
 
"N… nani?!?" Kagome cried as she took a few steps back from him. He pulled the make-shift 'hood' off and flung the sheet to the ground before he grabbed the girl and flung her over his shoulder and took off with incredible speed.
 
"Drop her now!" A voice yelled from behind. Kouga glanced back and saw the worldly priest right on his heels.
 
"Heh! You won't be able to keep up that pace, human." Kouga growled as he put on another burst of speed and left Miroku in the dust.
 
"Miroku-sama!!" Kagome yelled as she stretched her arms out toward the fading priest.
 
****
 
"There it is!" The childish voice said as they floated down closer. He watched a wolf demon round the corner with a human girl thrown over his shoulder. "Is she the miko that protects it?" He wondered out loud. The creature under him just growled slightly in agreement.
 
"Come on, let's go get the Shikon no Tama. Then we will be unstoppable and I'll be able to get my revenge." The boy said as they floated above the wolf. He was fast, but he wasn't too bright, he hadn't even realized he was being followed. Then again, he was using a special technique to hide himself from all eyes. It wouldn't do good for him to give himself away too early, now would it?
 
****
 
Kouga stopped and lifted a manhole in the middle of the street. He jumped down into the sewer and landed with a sickening splash.
 
"Kuso… we're reduced to hiding in the sewers. How pathetic." Kouga growled as he pinched his nose shut. His sense of smell wasn't as good as Inuyasha's, but that place was enough to make him feel nauseous.
 
"Let me go, you jerk!" Kagome shrieked as she kicked and screamed at loud as she could.
 
"Knock it off, onna!" He growled as grabbed her legs to keep her from kicking. "Get used to it, you're my woman!"
 
"How dare you!" Kagome yelled as she forced him to put her down. She stood in front of him in the goo of the sewer and slapped him as hard as she could. "It's not for you to decide who I'm with!" A look of complete and utter shock was on Kouga's face as he touched his cheek lightly.
 
"Kouga-kun!!" A voice called from behind as two figure bound toward him. Kouga glanced back at the two wolves running toward him and touched his cheek tentatively.
 
"I've never been slapped by a woman before. Especially a human." He growled as he grabbed her wrists and forced her up against the wall. Kagome winced as he squeezed her wrists tightly and his face came close to hers. She turned her head to the side and closed her eyes tightly.
 
"Kouga-kun! Didn't you hear us!" One of the wolves called as they got near to him and both bent over breathing heavily.
 
"Yo Ginta, Hakukkai." Kouga said as he released one of her wrists and waved to the two that were dressed like he was. [A.N. I think they're names are Ginta and Hakukkai, correct me if I'm wrong ne?].
 
"Who's the woman? That's a really nice looking dinner you brought back, Kouga-kun." Ginta said as he reached a hand toward Kagome. Kagome pulled back but was unable to free her wrists.
 
"If you even try to take a bite, I'll beat you to a pulp," Kouga growled at the shorter wolf. Both Ginta and Hakukkai took a few steps back when they saw the serious look on his face. "She's my woman so keep your hands and teeth off."
 
"But… isn't she a human?" Hakukkai asked as Kouga turned away and began to drag Kagome with him.
 
"So what if I'm a human! Let me go, baka!" Kagome yelled as she kicked Kouga in the shin. Kouga growled low in his throat and dug his fist into her stomach instinctively.
 
"Eh?" Kouga gasped slightly as he realized what he'd done. "Heh, it will make this trip a lot easier." He couldn't help but feel a slight twinge of guilt, though. It was just his instinct to strike back when someone struck out at him, even a human woman.
 
****
 
Inuyasha lay the unconscious woman on his bed in his dank underground room. He was supposed to take her straight to his master, but he couldn't bring himself to do so. He pulled the blankets up over her and finally allowed himself to relax. His red eyes turned back to their normal golden color and the purple marking faded from his skin while his claws retracted back into his normal short claws.
 
He walked over to the small pool in the corner of the room and plunged his hands into the cool water to splash the water on his face. Now there was only one thing left… He had to take her to his master… He decided he would wait until she woke up. There was no sense taking an unconscious girl to his master. He plunged his hands into the water again and cupped them underneath the water and brought the cool water to his lips to drink.
 
"I hate this stinking cave…" Inuyasha muttered to himself as he dried his face off on the sleeve of his red haori. Inuyasha stood up and walked over to the bed where the blond was sleeping not so peacefully. She was thrashing about muttering in her sleep. Any normal person wouldn't have been able to hear what she was saying, but he was a dog demon so his hearing was much better.
 
"Mama… papa…. Shingo… don't leave me…" She whispered as she tossed and turned. "I'm so lonely…" She murmured as she griped at the pillow under her head as if to pull it over her face to hide.
 
"Lonely?" Inuyasha questioned as he watched the girl sleep. He wasn't sure why he should care if the girl was lonely, but it pulled at something deep inside him… somehow he was able to relate to her… He wouldn't admit it, but he was lonely. Inuyasha growled low in his throat but felt he had to do something. If not, her whimpering was going to drive him nuts. He crawled in next to her and pulled her into his arms. He noticed her cheeks were wet and made to wipe the tear that was sliding down her cheek away, but caught himself before he did. "Keh…" He said as he leaned back against the headboard and held the human girl in his arms. Eventually she stopped whimpering and snuggled closer to him.
 
"So…. warm…" She mumbled as she snuggled her face into his chest. Inuyasha frowned down at the human woman in his arms but made no move to shove her away. 'Baka… what are you thinking? She's just a weak human…' He thought to himself as he looked away from her.
 
****
 
Kouga had already come out of the sewer and was headed toward his den underground. He caught the scent of that annoying dog demon, Inuyasha and wrinkled his nose in disgust. 'Why don't they make that stupid dog sleep outside?' Kouga silently asked himself as he pushed open the makeshift door of the wolves' den and the three walked into the room. He took the girl and tossed her down on a bed of straw that looked very much like a big bird's nest. She groaned quietly but didn't wake up.
 
"The first one to try to eat her for dinner, I will beat to death." Kouga warned as he rolled the dark-haired girl over. He reached around her throat and found a necklace with the Shikon no Tama hanging on it. He smirked to himself and clutched the small jewel tightly in his hand. 'With this, I'll be more powerful that our so-called 'master'. I'm a prince, it's within my right as royalty to become the ruler of the youkai.' He thought to himself as he slipped the jewel into his pocket to hide it from watchful eyes.
 
"Don't worry, onna. When you wake up, I'll make you my mate for life. Then you won't ever be able to run away from me," Kouga said confidently as he sat down beside the girl and leaned back against the wall. "Get some sleep everyone." He called as he lay down behind Kagome and pulled her into his arms. He brushed his lips lightly over her collarbone and then pulled them back to show his fangs. He sank them into her skin as gentle as he could to break the skin. She flinched slightly in her sleep as his teeth drew blood but again she didn't wake. He ran his rough tongue over the skin of her collarbone to erase the last trace of blood from the wound. He smirked to himself and then allowed himself to fall asleep with the sleeping girl in his arms.
 
****
 
Kagome stirred in her sleep and slowly opened her eyes. Her stomach hurt. She didn't even know what hit her but it felt like she had broken a few ribs. It took a moment before her eyes focused and she found herself lying on a bed of straw that greatly resembled the nest of the bird. Not only that, but she was comfortably warm. She didn't realize why until something behind her shifted slightly and her whole body when rigid. She slowly turned her head and saw the arm that was draped over her… the claws… the brown fur bands at the wrists… That's when she heard it… the sound of breathing all around her. She looked out of the small nested area and saw the sleeping forms of what looked like hundreds of human-like youkai. She assumed they were all wolves because they were dressed in tan furs and all looked similar to the one called 'Kouga' who had kidnapped her. 'Kuso…' She thought as she tried to find a way out. The only light in the room was a torch by what Kagome assumed was the doorway. She reached around her neck to make sure the Shikon no Tama was still there but panicked when she found the chain wasn't there.
 
"Looking for this?" A male voice whispered into her ear. Kagome glanced at Kouga to see both eyes open and he was swinging the chain around that had the jewel on it. Kagome forcefully shoved him away and scooted backward across the nest until she bumped into something soft and fluffy.
 
"I really don't want to know what that is…" She said quietly to herself as she squinted her eyes shut and gulped. She glanced behind and saw a small cat with two tails. "N… nani?!?" She stammered as she stared at the strange-looking cat. 'Is that a youkai?' She silently wondered as she hesitantly reached out her hand to stroke the soft-looking fur. 'It's so cute, though.' Just as she was about the touch the cat, it hissed and she drew her hand back.
 
"Hmm?" Kouga said as his nose caught an unfamiliar scent. "Kitsune?" He questioned as he reached behind him and picked up a small child by his big, fluffy tail.
 
"Oi! Put me down, you jerk!" The kitsune cried as he thrashed with all his might to break free from the wolf demon.
 
"What are you doing down here, brat?" Kouga asked calmly as he tossed the child into the air and caught him easily.
 
"Stop that!" Kagome cried as she reached for the kitsune that Kouga was picking on him. She managed to grab the child and pulled him out of Kouga's hands and hugged him to her chest. "Daijoubu?" She asked as she looked down at the child. He was so small with a fluffy almost golden colored tail and paws like a fox or a dog of some sort and his sandy-colored hair was pulled up into a fluffy ponytail. "Are you always such a jerk, baka!" Kagome yelled at the wolf demon that sat in front of her. He just looked at her with slight shock on his face, but he hid it quickly with a smirk. A few of the wolves had woken up and were slowly walking toward the small group of people.
 
"Oi, Kouga, what's going on? Keep your onna quiet, we're trying to sleep." One of them complained. The cat with two tails turned toward the approaching wolves and the fur on it's back rose as a low hiss escaped from it's throat.
 
"Who's the one giving orders around here?" Kouga asked coldly as he looked over at the bigger wolf demon. He didn't answer. "That's what I thought. Go back to sleep." The man scowled down at him but did as he was told. So did all of the other wolves that had been awakened.
 
"I don't need help from a woman!" The small demon said as he forced Kagome away. "I'm a strong demon! I'm going to use the Shikon no Tama to avenge my family!"
 
"Are you now?" Kouga asked as he picked up the kid by the tail again.
 
"Stop that, baka!" Kagome shouted as she grabbed the kid back from him. "Leave him alone! And give that back to me! It burst out of my body so therefore it belongs to me!" She reached out her hand and snatched the jewel back from him while she held onto the struggling child. She stood up and began to walk toward the direction of the door. She stopped as a group of wolves surrounded her, which effectively blocked her exit.
 
"You have Kouga's mark, you're not allowed to leave." One of the human-like wolf youkai said as he rose to his feet.
 
"What do you mean I have his mark?" Kagome asked in confusion. He hadn't done anything to her while she was unconscious… had he? The wolf pointed to her collarbone and she brought her hand up to feel for the supposed mark. She winced slightly as her fingers grazed across a tender spot on her skin and she pulled her hand back to see blood staining her fingers. "Eh? Nani?!" Kagome cried as she turned back toward Kouga.
 
"You've been marked by me," Kouga said calmly as he walked toward her and lifted her off her feet. "You'll be my mate." Kagome felt her face growing warm with embarrassment and anger at the same time. 'He sure is cute, though…' She thought inwardly, but then blushed at that thought. He set her back down on the straw bed and pulled the kitsune from her arms.
 
"Don't!" Kagome cried as she reached for the child. "You're going to hurt him!" She reached for the kitsune but Kouga had already thrown him toward the wolves that surrounded them.
 
"There's a little snack for you boys." Kouga said carelessly as he turned away and settled himself back down in the nest. Kagome was horrified and ran into the midst of the wolves to save the child. Kouga watched her with interest as she tried to fight off the wolves. Of course they wouldn't touch her because she would be his mate, but he was interested in her actions. She seemed a very reckless woman. She had slapped him across the face, yelled at him, and now she was risking her life for a weak kitsune who had tried to steal the Shikon no Tama. Not only that, she had had the guts to snatch the jewel right out of his hands. She didn't seem to have any fears at all.
 
Kagome scooped up the kitsune and held him to her chest as she tried to fend off the wolves. They didn't seem interested in her at all, just the child in her arms. She nearly jumped as she felt something soft brush against her leg and looked down to see the two-tailed cat standing there.
 
"Kirara!" The child said. "Let's get out of here!" He said as he pushed away from Kagome and landed on the ground next to the cat. In a flurry of flames a great cat took the place of the small kitten and Kagome jumped back in surprise.
 
"Sugoi…" She murmured quietly as she watched the cat fending off the wolves.
 
"Nani!?" Kouga growled as he saw the cat transform and he was immediately on his feet headed toward them.
 
"Come on!" The kitsune cried as he reached out a hand to Kagome. Kagome was only too happy to oblige as she climbed on the back of the cat called Kirara. The cat jumped into the air just as Kouga was about to grab Kagome and seemed to float toward the door. "Hurry Kirara! They don't look happy!" The kid urged as the cat burst through the door and headed down the dank corridors. Kagome turned back and saw the wolves following them as fast as they could go.
 
Kagome leaned forward to put herself as close to Kirara as she could with the kid snuggled safely underneath of her. After what seemed like an hour, Kirara burst from the dark, twisting passages into the light and immediately took to the air. Kagome gripped Kirara's fur tightly and squeezed her eyes shut. Sure she had flown in air planes before, but that was completely different than flying on the back of a youkai that could dump her off at any second.
 
"So, what's your name?" Kagome asked tentatively as she glanced back at the ground. There was no sign of the wolves, but she had an idea that Kouga would come after her again.
 
"Shippo…" The kitsune said solemnly.
 
::Fin::
 
December 5, 2003
 
Houshi-sama = priest (Sango called Miroku this all through the series)
taijiya = Youkai Exterminator (Sango) (I think this was the word^^; *forgets* correct me if I'm wrong ne?)
haori = that red shirt Inuyasha wears (I don't know the exact translation, it was used in Lynns story "Winter Wonderland" and others so I decided to use it. EXCELLENT story btw)
 
Hehe^^; I know both Kagome and Usagi fell asleep in their "love interests" arms so sorry for the repetition. I really hate when it's the exact same story with two different characters/couples but that's just how it worked out^^; This has been the longest chapter yet, it's like 10 or 11 pages *goes to count* 11 pages^^ Aren't you proud? Either way, this story is getting really long and I've only just started it^^ I hope you all like long chapters cuz they're all going to be long^^ I still have so much that needs to happen it's not even funny. I have vague ideas of stuff that's going to happen, but I keep going deeper and deeper into them and keep adding more and more. This chapter focuses a lot on the Kouga/Kagome situation^^ I really like Kouga, he's a really sweet guy once he stops being such a murderous asshole^^; Anyway, I had the idea of the marks as a mating symbol a LONG time ago when I had only seen a few episodes but it seems someone beat me to the punch^^; *points to Lynns fic "Winter Wonderland" above and others she's written* So I didn't steal the idea from you^^; I just didn't write an Inuyasha ficcy until I knew a lot about the series, that's all^^ Well, please review or email me at pokahydee@mysticallegends.com I love to hear from you^^ Let me know whatcha think. You're all slacking though, I only got 3 reviews for the last chapter *sniffles* I may go back to the rule that I don't update until I get 10 reviews, I'll keep writing it of course, but I may not post it ~.^ That'll only happen if I don't get many reviews though^^ Until next time.