Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale of Two Gumis Revised ❯ POW (the first meeting) ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Tale of Two Gumi's
(Revised)
Ruroken X Sailor Moon au
By
Miststalker

As her dizziness faded Haruka looked around in shock. They had been in a battle and then they were here in clothes similar to Rei's temple outfit, their transformations undone. The strangeness put her on edge and Usagi's high pitched exclamations didn't help any.

She tuned into the conversation around her, Ami was exclaiming over the test she had next week. Rei chimed in, "Ami-chan, you're probably already way ahead of everything on that test. More importantly what'll gramps do at the temple without me? Chad's gone on retreat so gramps is all alone."

Haruka gave an inaudible sigh of relief as Mamoru interrupted the one-upmanship, "There's a road up ahead so I suggest we follow it, we're bound to run into someone sooner or later."

Haruka nodded, agreeing with Mamorou's assesment of the situation, and started down the small road in the back of the group. She didn't know where they were going, but she did hope that they'd run into some one that could give them an idea of where they were and what was happening.

*We were fighting, those...minions, then there was a bright flash of light and we were all transported here.* Haruka mused keeping an eye on the groups back. *We're dressed in traditional kimonos, and so could be anywhere from the time of the Silver Millenium to present day or perhaps the future...no this definitely has the feel of the past.* Gradually Haruka relaxed enough that she could enjoy the antics of the other girls, as they started to goof around.

Usagi had turned around and was walking backwards commenting on how far they had gone without seeing anyone. Haruka could see that Usagi wasn't paying attention to where she was going and winced when Usagi let out a starteld yelp. Looking around the group haruka was surprised to see that Usagi had literally run into somebody on the previously deserted path. The young woman gave an angry yell and grabbed Usagi, the painting in her hands falling unheeded to the ground.

Angrily the woman shook Usagi and shouted at her, "Why don't you watch where you're going? You almsot knocked me down!"

Haruka started moving towards the two as Usagi cried, "I'm sorry! Please stop shaking me," the last was said in a stutter as the unknown woman shook Usagi so hard her teeth clacked together.

As Haruka got closer a young boy, probably no older than 10-12, yelled at the woman shaking Usagi, "Hey UGLY, stop shaking the poor girl and let's go!"

"I think that's enough. She didn't hurt you and she apologized," Haruka said grabbing the woman's wrists to break her hold on Usagi, only to have the woman lash out with a fist towards her head.

As Haruka ducked the blow Makoto protested, "Hey now that is totally uncalled for!" and she waded in to snatch Usagi away.

"Hey! Only I can bick on UGLY!" Haruka heard and turned her head in time to see the young boy rush towards her. "Get your mitts off her!"

"Now, now!" said a youthful feminine voice as brawl broke out, Haruka turned at sound of this new comer and was starteld to see a gentle faced, red haired, short, young man hurry towards them, a worried expression on his face, obviously not wanting a fight.

Ignoring the new arrival as someone not to worry about for now, once again Haruka grabbed at the woman who had attacked Usagi, failing to grab hold of her, Haruka settled for landing a vicious blow to the woman's gut.

Suddenly Haruka heard a voice ring out, "Haruka stop this at ONCE!"

She turned from the fight to face her partner Michiru, "But Michiru she started shaking Usagi and wouldn't let her go!" Haruka protested, knowing it was the most reasonable explanation.

"I don't care, you should know better than to start a fight with someone so obviously younger then you," Michiru said crossly. Haruka watched as she advanced on the group, she was in for it now, she hung her head and waited.

Michiru's angry advance was interrupted as the young red head spoke, "This one agrees, that I do," His ponytail bobbing as he vigorously nodded.

Haruka looked on as the man approached speaking soothingly to the young woman, "Kaoru-dono, this one believes this was just an unfortunate accident," he was smiling sweetlyas he gently pried Kaoru's arms from Usagi and led her a few steps from the group.

The newly named Kaoru protested and tried to get the as yet unknown to release her no doubt so she could go start shaking Usagi again.

"Yeah Kenshin! These guys nearly knocked her over and then that one," Haruka had to smile as the boy, who was speaking pointed his bokken, at her, "punched her."

"But this girl of yours started it!" Makoto growled completely ingnoring the handsome swordsman, and Haruka stifled a laugh at the glare the boy was giving Makoto, as he swung his bokken back around so that it was pointed at her.

"Miss Kaoru...has had a bad morning," Haruka thought that was a weak excuse but didn't have a chance to say so thanks to Minako snapping, "That's no excuse."

Haruka dropped into a defensive stance at Kaoru's angry reply, while she agreed that Usagi should have been watching where she was going she didn't agree with Kaoru's obvious agitation, or clenched fists. Before anyone could say anything though the redhead had stepped in again, "Now, now," he continued with a sigh, "Miss Kaoru, did the young lady apologize or not?"

Before Kaoru could answer Mamorou, who had been quietly observing until now, "She did apologize, even before Miss Kaoru started shaking her." He put a comforting arm around her shoulders as she turned into him. Seeing Usagi was safe Haruka relaxed her guard.

Haruka smiled, her lips quirking slightly, seeing the similarities between the two couples. She went to stand by her partner, still watching Kaoru, she relaxed more as she watched the expression on Kaoru's face change from one of anger to one of guilt tinged with irritation, and she grudgingly apologized for her behavior.

Her partner nodded her approval as Usagi accepted the apology, "Now why don't we introduce ourselves properly? I'm Kaioh Michiru." She said, with a small bow.

"Himura Kenshin, but this one thinks we would all be more comfortable if we waited until we found shelter before finishing the introductions. Miss Kaoru?"

Haruka, stopped listening as she observed the red head, he carried a sword and was obviously used to the weight, he also had a very odd way of speaking about himself. She wanted to know more about him and so was happy when the group decided that they were going to Kaoru's dojo.

As they walked Haruka tuned back into the conversation. Makoto was of course interested in what kind of dojo Kaoru owned and was thrilled to learn that it was a sword-arts school. That made sense as all three carried a form of sword, although Kenshin was the only one which carried a sword.

The way Kenshin moved intrigued her, it was familiar but she couldn't place it.

******

Kenshin watched the newcomers with interest, especially the one called Haruka, she moved with precision and control, moving with a grace he was familiar with. He could tell she was still upset, however the state of her emotions did not effect the grace of her movement.

He thought it strange that her movements seemed familiar. At that moment, as if sensing his eyes on her, Haruka looked back at him. Kenshin blinked and quickly looked ahead of him, he was bothered by this young woman, and he couldn't say how or why. There was something different about her and his Shishou, but he couldn't let her notice his awareness too much and so, he turned to Kaoru and began talking with her and the other girls, trying to ease their nervousness. However, some remained quiet and aloof, seemingly lost in thought.

When the city finally came into view Kenshin was surprised when the newcomers stopped to stare. Kenshin noted the shock, fear and unease written on their faces.

Just as Kenshin was about to say something Karou spoke, "We really should be going." After a bit she continued in a teasing tone, "You look as though you've seen a ghost. Haven't you ever seen Tokyo before?"

The tall male of the group, who had kept a hand on Usagi's back













< br>













< br>













< br>













< br>