Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale Of Two Gumis ❯ On the way back to the Dojo ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

On the way back to the Dojo
 
The group returned to the dojo after some more time spent speaking with Tae explaining the groups plans for what they were doing while in Tokyo. As they continued walking Rei, Haruka and Kenshin all got strange feelings, not quite danger but something certainly akin to it.
 
I wonder what this is? It feels as though we're being watched, but by who? And how? Kenshin thought as he walked only a small part of him paying attention to what Kaoru and Yahiko were arguing about the rest of his attention taken up by the strange `watched/not watched' feelings he was getting.
 
Has the enemy found us! I wonder where they are, is it that man whose demons we fought? Would they really follow us to the past though? Rei thought looking surreptitiously about her to see if she could spot the watcher.
 
Persistent to follow us all the way to the past isn't he? Haruka wondered as she asked the wind to bring her news of the one who watched them (2). And careful, she thought as the wind delivered the message that there was no being close enough to be watching them. He must be scrying then, I wonder how?
 
As they drew near the dojo it became obvious to the rest of the Sailor-gumi that something was up, Rei was jumpy and Haruka had a look of `worried thought' on her face.
 
“Ne, Rei-chan is something the matter,” Usagi asked in her own ingenious way of being indiscreet.
 
Startled out of her silent searching for the `evil presence' she had sensed, Rei answered Usagi with a distracted, “Huh?”
 
“You do seem somewhat out of it Rei-chan, did you sense something?” Ami asked, concerned by her friend's vagueness.
 
“I think perhaps…but it doesn't seem to be getting nearer or farther away it stays at the same distance.” Rei half-answered more musing to herself then anything else.
 
“What are you talking about? What's not getting closer or moving away?” Kaoru asked, her voice ringing out in strident tones, she was quite tipsy from the meal.
 
At Kaoru's loud-mouthed question Kenshin became aware that he wasn't the only one who had felt the strange sensation. I wonder why she senses it she doesn't seem to have a very strong sensing ability…she did say she was training to be a Priestess for a temple though. Do any of the other's feel it? Kenshin cautiously looked at the rest of the group checking to see if there was any sign that they had felt the strangeness. Huh…why does it not surprise me that Haruka-dono sensed it as well? Kenshin thought ironically. Also none of the others seem to have noticed, they're all focused on Rei-dono.
 
They had stopped in the middle of the road, everyone, except Kenshin and Haruka had turned their attention to Rei.
 
“I don't know it's fleeting, it feels evil and not. I don't understand it.” Rei answered the questions finally.
 
“Evil and not eh? Well that seems very vague for you Rei-chan,” Michiru teased, as she remembered when in the second battle against Nehelania, Rei had been very assured and confidant of herself (1).
 
“Well, it's a bit vague okay! I can't pin it down,” Rei retorted a bit petulantly.
 
Haruka was looking towards the dojo when she spotted the movement, six men all bearing swords were at the front of the dojo. She noticed Kenshin's tensing and knew that he had spotted them as well. Glancing back at the other's she realized they were still engrossed in Rei, these men are probably what she's sensing, also they are most likely being controlled by our new enemy.
 
“I think I see the problem here mina,” Haruka drawled her gaze held steadily on the men with swords.
 
Startled the rest of the group turned and looked to see what Haruka was talking about. Usagi gasped, Kaoru groaned and seemed to mutter under her breath, not again, while the rest had an assortment of puzzled looks on their faces.
 
Haruka smirked, “I think we need to ask them what they're up to ne Michiru?”
 
“It's up to you Haruka though I wouldn't object to it.” Michiru answered her partner, knowing that Haruka would do what she pleased.
 
Author's Notes:
 
Yes once again a reference to the anime's last season, before they fight Galaxia she once again frees Nehelania. It's long complex and so I won't explain it all here.
Once again a note I forgot, yes I've made it so that the wind speaks to Haruka I stole that idea from other universes because I thought that Haruka should have that ability as the Scout of the Heavens and Soldier of !the Wind.
Cliff hanger bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!