Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Red Star in the Darkness ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5

That's when the battle between the two of us began. Both Shadow the Hedgehog and I started to charge towards each other at an incredible speed, but each of us used a different type of attack. While Shadow was in a high speed, he started to spin into a spiked ball and then suddenly ignited into a fiery ball of fire charging at me like a huge boulder. I started to jump with the Chaos Emerald in my hand and pointed my right foot towards Shadow in order to use my special Thunder Kick ability to trying to paralyze him in order for me to try and talk some sense into him.

However, when our two powerful attacks collided with one another, the collision that we made created a shock wave that was so strong and powerful, the force of the exploding sound literally send the two of us up into the air, pushing the both of us away from one another. I managed to land on my feet without getting injured with the Chaos Emerald still in tact in my right hand. I felt heat being emitted in the foot I used for my Thunder Kick ability. The heat that I had felt was not like that it was on fire or anything, but similar to when someone steps on a concrete sidewalk on a hot summer day, barefooted.

I proceeded to look around the entire harbor area and saw the result of our two devastating attacks. All the storage buildings in the area were all cracked like rocks smashed with a huge hammer, but thankfully, none of them started to collapse. I also saw a huge crater that was about the size of a normal-sized van embedded into the concrete floor of the broken down sea harbor. I also saw the once standing wooden seaports reduced to piles of broken down wood in the ocean waters. The final thing I turned to see was the shattered pieces of broken glass, probably from the windows of the cracked storage buildings.

I then started to think about what would happen if the powers of the Chaos Emerald should fall into the hands of the entity that was controlling Shadow the Hedgehog's mind right now. The thought of this world being devastated by an evil presence with the power of a Chaos Emerald in its command sent shivers up my spine just thinking about it. I finally shook that vision out of my mind and focused on keeping the emerald from falling into Shadow's hands.

As I tried to stand up properly in order to prepare myself for another attack, I saw Shadow starting to spin like the tire of a race car and it started to sound like that too. That was when I finally realized that he was going to use Sonic's own Spin Dash ability to start another attack. As soon as there was enough speed and power for the assault, Shadow came rolling at me like a huge boulder with spikes. His ragged, spiked, hair striking against the pavement of the floor, spilling small pieces of broken down concrete all over the place like water in a river. Luckily, I was fast enough to dodge the attack before it could hit me, thanks to the power boost the power ring I had absorbed gave me earlier.

As I stopped for a moment, I started thinking very quickly in order to come up with an idea that might help me stop Shadow's "Spin Dash" attack. That was when a thought struck my head. I could try to use my other special ability, "Volcanic Fist," on Shadow while he was still spinning, and that would cause him to stop the use of his own Spin Dash attack. However, another thought also occurred to me. What if the counter flow of any extra energy I could emit during the use of my "Volcanic Fist," was to kill Shadow in the process? I tell you, if something horrible were to happen to Shadow and I was the cause of it, I would never be able to forgive myself.

However, at the moment when Shadows' spinning ball shape figure turned and started to charge towards me again and then missed. That was when I didn't have much of a choice; I had to use my "Volcanic Fist" in order to stop Shadow's deadly Spin Dash attack. And to do that, I needed to have the right timing.

` I just hope that Shadow truly is the Ultimate Form and I pray that he doesn't die from what I'm about to do' I thought to myself as I saw Shadow stop his Spin Dash attack and lean against one of the broken down storage buildings in order to regain his strength for the moment.

As Shadow continued to catch his breath from 50 ft. away, I then put the Chaos Emerald in my left hand and started to concentrate on making flames appear on my right. Then, all of a sudden, sparks started to ignite on the surface of my right hand and then before I knew it, my entire fist was engulfed with burning red-orange flames. The heat from the beautiful red-orange flames did not touch or harm me, as it should with any other person if one of their hands were caught on fire. I chose to ignite the flame on my right hand because it could land a better punch than with my left.

When I saw Shadow turning from the broken down wall of the building and facing me, he started to roll into a spiked ball again. As he began to spin again in order to gain speed, I thought as I prepared myself for the assault, okay have to time this just right because if I don't launch the attack at the right time, I am a complete goner!' I braced myself as the black, spiked, boulder started to charge towards me at an incredible rate.

That was when I started to run towards Shadow at a high speed with my flame ignited fist ready to launch its fiery assault against his spherical form. When I came into range within Shadow's deadly Spin Dash attack, I threw my flaming fist against his spinning black body and then the flames on my fist soon burst into a raging river of fire. As I continued to hold out my "Volcanic Fist" ability with all my strength, the volcanic river of flames started to slow the Spin Dash attack down quite a bit, despite the fact that Shadow was still pushing the Spin Dash harder in order to get to me. That was when I saw Shadow being pushed away by the fiery river being emitted through my fist. Then, while the river of deadly flames was still engulfing him, he collided against the wall of one of the other storage buildings and the whole structure started to collapse upon him.

I just stood there and took in a few breaths as I watched the whole building, along with Shadow, being reduced to a cinder in the blanket of deadly flames, its concrete structure flowing like molten lava. Then my heart started to fill with both guilt and sorrow as I realized that no living being could have ever survived an assault as deadly as the one I had just unleashed upon the black hedgehog. I gripped the green Chaos Emerald very tightly while watching the molten concrete flow like water in a lake. Just when I was about to accept the possibility that Shadow the Hedgehog was once again dead, hopefully for the final time, my sorrow started to fade away as I saw the flowing molten concrete starting to harden.

I started to gasp, both surprise and horror, when I saw cracks starting to appear on the now hardened concrete's smooth surface. Before I even had time to react and back away from the scene, the hardened concrete suddenly erupted into a fog of cement dust. I covered my eyes in order to protect them from getting any of the dust in them. I felt a cold breeze being emitted from where the dust cloud came from, almost as if it were as freezing as cold winter winds.

When I saw the cloud of dust begin to disappear, I started to blow off the remaining flying pieces of concrete away from the area, until I saw a shadowy figure start to appear among the remains of the dust cloud. As the figure continued to approach me slowly, its entire form started to appear before me, and that was when I once again came face to face with the black hedgehog named Shadow. At that moment, I felt both relieved and frighten as Shadow continued to advance towards me. You see, I knew that an attack like my Volcanic Fist would not be able to burn or destroy a being like Shadow so easily, because the scientist that created him, designed Shadow to be both ageless and immortal. Somehow, the entity that took control of Shadow must have known that and allowed me to use up most of my strength and special ability leaving me vulnerable to any attack.

As he continued to approach me very slowly, he dusted himself and he started to face me and said to me as he laughed with a calm, cool voice," Hee Hee Hee. Well, I must say that I'm very impressed by your little performance, human. I was even impressed by the way you were able to channel the Chaos Energy inside of your body as well as the emeralds'. Hmm, I wonder. Is it possible that the great energy that I've felt during our battle is coming from you and not from the Chaos Emerald? Would you care to explain that, human?"

Shadow then waited to see if I could respond to his question, but so far I hadn't said a word. I just stood there about 20 ft. away from him and thought to myself,' What does Shadow mean by that? Could it be possible that I possess an energy that is even stronger than that of the Chaos Emerald's? If that is really possible, why didn't any of the Sailor Scouts or Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, for that matter, notice it when I came into this world?'

As I wondered about these questions, I soon noticed the expression that Shadow has on his face and I saw that he was beginning to grow impatient. When he started to back away from me, he spoke to me in an angry tone of voice," I am through waiting for you to respond to my question, human! Answer me this instant or prepare to feel my wrath!"

That was when Shadow started to put his left arm up towards the night sky, while keeping his hand and fingers straight as if they were on the surface of a table. Then all of a sudden, little balls of yellow gold light started to appear all around Shadow. I saw them start to take the shape of arrowheads, and that was when I realized that the black hedgehog was going to attack me using these yellow arrows of light, the same kind that destroyed the radio that I had in my hand before.

Before I knew it, I started thinking about going back to the dark area where my backpack was and decided to start running. As soon as I began to run, I heard Shadow shouting these two words," Chaos Spear!" Suddenly, I felt and heard an explosive impact from behind me.

I turned my head to see what has happened and when I did, time itself seem to stop when I tried to absorb the facts concerning what I had just seen. About a dozen arrow spear-shaped beams of yellow light started swarming towards me similar to a swarm of killer bees, and when each of them collided into the ground of the harbor or with one another, they created an explosion of yellow light which explained the force that I felt and heard all along.