Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Red Star in the Darkness ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

When time began again, the exploding force and sound of Shadow the Hedgehogs' deadly Chaos Spear attack continued on. As I kept running for my life, I noticed a dark space that was between two nearly broken down buildings that looked oddly familiar. I suddenly realized that it was the same space where I placed my backpack before I had my battle with Shadow. It was just 20 ft. ahead of me and if I could get to the dark alley without getting hit by Shadow's Chaos Spear attack, I could take my backpack and make my escape through the alley without Shadow knowing.

`I just hope that my timing is just right or otherwise I'm a goner,' I thought to myself as I continued running to escape the Chaos Spear attack while gripping tightly onto the Chaos Emerald.

As I began to close in on the alley, I quickly shifted my entire body to the left, the exact direction where the opening into the alley would be. When I went through the entryway of the alley, my backpack came into view despite the darkness of the two buildings' shadows. I scooped it up and put the Chaos Emerald inside the front pocket. As I ran deeper into the alley, a noise that sounded like exploding dynamite could be heard behind me. It was so loud that I couldn't hear the sound of my own footsteps pounding against the pavement floor. At least I was far away from the source of the explosion, which meant that I was safe from harm.

When I finally stopped to catch my breath for a minute, I lifted my head forward and I saw that there was a brick wall right in front of me, which means that I was in a dead end and there was no other way out. After I finally caught my breath, I looked all around to see if there was another way out of the alley, but there was nothing but brick walls with old Japanese posters on them.

When I saw that there was no way for me to escape from the dark alley, it only left me with one option: to go back the way I came, which meant taking the risk of trying to escape Shadow through the dense cloud of dust created by his Chaos Spear attack. I hoped that once I was out of Shadow's sight, I could try to find Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails and ask them how we got into this dimension, why a Chaos Emerald is in my possession, and most importantly, who or what was the evil entity that was controlling the mind of Shadow the Hedgehog.

I started to turn around and walk back through the same opening I had entered a few moments ago. At the alley's opening, a cloud of dust started to appear in front of me and I soon noticed that the cloud wasn't dense enough for me to sneak away. If I tried to sneak away while the cloud was dense, so Shadow would spot me for sure.

I decided to try to stay as far away as possible from the opening so that I wouldn't be spotted by Shadow. But as I slowly moved two steps back, I heard Shadow's voice yelling, "I know you're in that pathetic hiding place of yours, human! So either you'll come out of there willingly or I'll flush you out of there with another...!"

That was when I heard a voice echoed from out of nowhere and interrupted Shadow by saying, "If an evil creature like you tries to finish that last part of your sentence, then you got another thing coming." The voice that I heard sounded like a female teenager and it was sort of familiar too, like I had heard it before.

I heard another familiar female voice start to say, "That's right and if you try to do anything that could harm this beautiful city that we protect and live in, then it's our duty as Sailors Scouts to stop you by whatever means necessary."

That was when I jumped up with both surprise and relief when I heard the two words, "Sailor Scouts" come out of the voice that I heard a few seconds ago. `Whoever those Sailor Scouts are must be nuts if they think they can take on an evil entity that's in Shadow's body right now.' I thought to myself as I started to pull my backpack off of my back and as I went up against the wall I started to slide sideways to my right direction, slowly so I wouldn't make a sound. `Especially when you're dealing with a hedgehog that's possessed by a powerful entity with an attack that can level an entire building in seconds.'

When I stopped at the wall's end, I turned my head and body around carefully after slowly putting my backpack on the ground. I tilted my head to see who was trying to oppose Shadow the Hedgehog. As I carefully watched what was going to happen, I saw Shadow facing a different direction that was not where I was now. When I turned to see who Shadow was facing, I was shocked when I saw who the Sailor Scouts really were.

You may not believe me at all when I tell you this, but the Sailor Scouts who were challenging Shadow the Hedgehog were three of the outer Sailor Scouts whose powers exceed the rest of the Sailor Soldiers. If you had seen the cartoon series of Sailor Moon you would know exactly who they were and what they look liked, but in case you don't know their names, I'll tell you who they were.

Trista is known as the Sailor Scout and guardian of time itself Sailor Pluto. However, to be honest, I don't know very much about her, so she's a Sailor Scout who's shrouded in mystery to me.

The other two scouts that were with Sailor Pluto are Sailor Uranus, the warrior of the skies and Sailor Neptune the warrior of the seas. Uranus's real name is Amara; she is sort of a tomboy and can drive motorcycles and race cars pretty good at high speed, so she's pretty impressive. Uranus' cousin Neptune is named Michelle; she's a great violinist and a wonderful artist. Michelle was a very beautiful girl and I admit that as I saw her confronting Shadow the Hedgehog as bravely as she did, it almost made me want to ask her out on a date. But I then snapped myself out of my fantasy when I realized that this wasn't the time to be thinking of dating in a situation as dangerous as the one I was in right now.

Anyway, I was still hiding behind the building while watching Shadow being confronted by the three Sailor Scouts from about 30 ft. from where I was. As I continued to watch, I saw that the angry expression that Shadow had on his face turn into a curious one, when he saw who was trying to confront him. The entity that was controlling Shadow lifted one eyebrow to the three Sailor Scouts out of curiosity and then the entire area started to grow silent for a moment.

Then a few minutes later the entity inside of Shadow started to force him to laugh menacingly and that was when Shadow started to say to them, "Ha ha ha ha ha. You know, I was really expecting to face a team of powerful warriors, but instead all I see are three lovely young ladies dressed in costumes trying to oppose me. Ha ha ha ha ha."

As the entity in Shadow continued to laugh softly, Uranus started to respond to its words by saying, "You better watch what you say around three of us Bub or otherwise someone could get hurt, namely you."

However, the evil entity didn't even feel threaten by Uranus' words, it just forced Shadow to stand there and continued to laugh softly and evilly through his mouth. A moment later, the entity finally stopped Shadow's laughter and responded to what Uranus had said a moment ago, "You actually think that you and your two comrades could try and stop me from taking over this world? Ha! Your words scare me less than that human boy who tried to escape from me earlier by attacking me."

When the entity silenced Shadow's voice, Sailor Pluto started saying to both Uranus and Neptune while they both turned their attention to her, "Uranus. Neptune. I sense an evil presence being emitted from inside the creature that we are looking at right now. Whatever this evil force may be, it's stronger than any of the enemies that we've faced before, so better keep your guard up you two and don't underestimate him."

Both Uranus and Neptune nodded in response to Pluto's warning and then turned their full attention to Shadow again. As I continued to watch from far away behind the wall of the cracked storage building, I saw the eyes of Sailor Neptune turn wide open in shock and then she started say to Shadow with a tone of anger in her voice, "Who was the human boy that you've attacked earlier, evil spirit? Is he still here in this area? I swear that if you did anything that would harm him in anyway, I'll...!" That was all I heard from Neptune before the entity interrupted her by roaring into mad laughter with a tone of humor in it.

Before I could think of why Neptune would be concerned with my safety, the evil presence inside Shadow stopped his crazed laughter and responded to Neptune's words by saying to her with a calm mocking tone of voice, "Or you'll do what, human girl? You'll try to attack me like the boy did? Ha ha ha. Why would an excuse of a warrior like you want to know the name of a pathetic human like the boy I just fought with earlier? Are you interested in him or something like that?" He then started his crazy laughter up again with a howl and that was when I saw the expression on Michelle's face turn angrier after the entity started to laugh.

However, his laughter only lasted for a short minute when Uranus stepped up to the evil entity by saying to him with a furious tone of voice, "No one messes with my cousin and gets away with it Spikehead! She asked you two important questions, so either you answer or taste my fist!"

The evil spirit inside of Shadow then responded to Uranus' word by with the hedgehog's red possessed eyes aimed towards her, "For your information, human, my name is Shadow the Hedgehog, not Spikehead and the reason why I didn't feel threaten by your petty words is because I know that the three of you combine would never stand a chance against me. I mean, with the powers of the Chaos Emeralds at my command, defeating you three would be no effort at all." All three of the Sailor Scouts wore curious faces after Shadow said those words.

`I guess the entity that I'm sensing in Shadow is still hiding his true identity from me or the Sailor Scouts, so I'd better be careful,' I thought to my as I continued to listen to the intense conversation.

As I stayed hidden behind the cracked building to avoid being seen by either Shadow or the three outer Sailor Scouts, Sailor Pluto started to point her silver staff towards Shadow and said to him, "Alright, Shadow, maybe you can answer these questions for us. Where did a creature like you come from? Why are you here in this world? And lastly, what exactly is this Chaos Emerald that you're talking about?"

The evil entity responded to Pluto's question by forcing Shadow to give a sinister grin on his face, "Those three questions that you just said will be the last ones that you or your two human friends will ever ask or get the answers to." Then the evil spirit started to force Shadow to raise his arm towards the night sky.

I was stunned when I suddenly realized that the entity was going to use Shadow's Chaos Spear to attack the three Sailor Scouts. There was no way the three warriors would be able to avoid the powerful attack on time. As I continued watch as Shadow's body was being surrounded by the yellow spheres of light, I started to think about whether or not I should warn the three Sailor Scouts about Shadow's attack because if I didn't act fast, well, I didn't want to think about what would possible happen if I didn't act quickly.

I made up my mind and started to yell toward the Sailor Scouts as loud as I could from inside the echoing alley, "Get out of the way Sailor Scouts! The evil spirit inside Shadow is going to use his Chaos Spear attack and if you don't get out of there fast, he'll kill you!!" I ran deeper into the alley to hide in the shadows to avoid being identified by either side.

When I stopped at a place that was dark enough for me to hide in, I heard Sailor Neptune gasp from afar and say to both Uranus and Pluto, "Uranus, Pluto, the voice of the person who was yelling to us just now, it's..."

Uranus then interrupted her cousin by responding with a voice that was filled with both surprise and fear, "Tell us who it is later, right now let's do as he says and get away from here now!"

After Uranus finished speaking, I heard Shadow shouting the words, "Chaos Spear!" then after that, I heard the sudden sound of loud explosions from where I was hiding. I prayed and hoped that the three Sailor Scouts were all right and managed to evade the Chaos Spear attack in time, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if all I did was run and hide like a coward while I let the three superheroes get killed by an entity with immense power. I thought about what I should do, and that was when I decided to see if the Sailor Scouts were okay after the attack. If they were alive, I would try to get the evil entity's attention by shouting at him, then make a run for it and get the evil entity in Shadow away from the Scouts. I knew that the evil presence would want to chase me because all it ever wanted was the Chaos Emerald I still had in my backpack.

When I was about to put my plan into action, my back started to become irritated like it did while I was running away from the entity before. So, I decided to reach behind my back and see what object was irritating my back that whole time. When I grabbed onto something that felt like a handle, I started to pull on it, as hard as I could. When I held out the object in front of me to see what it was, I was so amazed to find out that the object that I saw in my dreams a while ago turned out to be a reality.