Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Red Star in the Darkness ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7

The object that I was holding was actually a well-forged sword, but it wasn't just any ordinary weapon. It was the same sword that appeared in my dream. I examined the sword very carefully and thought about what I saw.

`This sword is definitely the same one I saw in my dream,' I thought to myself and it was true.

The sword had the same golden handle with leather on it in order to get an easy grip with the same well forged silver blade with a four pointed red star.

I was too focused on the weapon's good structure and light that I forgot all about what just happened to the three outer Sailor Scouts when the Chaos Spear attack hit. So I ran back to the opening of the alley and prayed that they were able to survive Shadow's deadly assault and if they didn't, well I didn't even want to think about what had happened to them.

As soon as I reached the opening of the alley, I saw a cloud of dust starting to dissipate before my very eyes. However, despite all the dust trying to get into my eyes, I was able to see what was going on in front of me. Anyway, I went behind the cracked wall of the broken down storage building in order to see what had happened to the three Sailor Scouts that confronted the evil entity that was inside of Shadow.

When the dust cloud finally disappeared from my view, I looked behind the wall of the building and saw the entity just standing there doing nothing. When I turned my attention to what he was looking at, I saw the three Sailor Scouts lying on the cracked cement floor still, not moving a single muscle in their bodies. The first thought that I had was that the Chaos Spear attack had did them in for good. But after a few moments passed, before I could react to what I had just saw, I heard a moan being emitted from where the Outer Scouts were lying. Then I saw the three super heroes' bodies start to move slowly on the ground and I was relieved to find that Pluto, Uranus, and Neptune were alive. But as I watched them trying to get to their feet, I noticed that each of them were barely trying to stand still, which meant that they were now too weak to even counter attack.

`I'd better do something to help the Sailor Scouts out of this mess fast or otherwise they won't be able to stand up to the entity's next attack,' I thought to myself as I continued to watch the gruesome battle.

As I saw them trying to get to their feet, Sailor Pluto said to both Uranus and Neptune (while trying to stand on her two feet with the help of her silver staff) "Uranus, Neptune. The energy I sensed from this creature's attack is far more powerful than any of us had thought it was. It's as if Shadow has the powers of a god."

Then Uranus said, "How can that be? How can a creature like him be able to emit this much energy? I'm telling you Scouts, a being with that kind of power does not exist."

Then her cousin Neptune said, "I have to agree with Uranus, Pluto. There's no way that Shadow would be able to emit this much power without breaking a sweat unless he has a power source. He said that he gets his power from the Chaos Emerald that he had mentioned earlier. If both he and the human were able to generate this much energy, you can surely bet that this Chaos Emerald has great unlimited power."

The entity then started to respond to Neptune's words by saying to the three injured Sailor Scouts using Shadow's voice, "The beautiful young lady is right about that, Sailor soldiers. It's true that I draw upon the power from the strongest force in the universe, but that doesn't mean that I'm a weakling like the creature whose body I now inhabit."

That was when Pluto responded to the entity's word by saying to him, as she tried to stand on her own two feet, "You mean to tell us that the body that you're in right now isn't your true form? If that's so, then tell us who you really are and why you inhabit the body."

"I'm afraid that if I told you that, then you might try to interfere with my plans like the human, the Quickster and his friends tried to do. That also includes the ally whose body my spirit is in," the entity responded as it continued its cruel mocking tone of voice towards the three injured super heroes. "The three of you pathetic humans couldn't comprehend the incredible energy of the Chaos Emeralds and when I gather all seven of them, I will have no further use for this body and I can pull this world into the Zone of Silence where my power will be absolute and I will conquer this world as its new ruler."

That was when Uranus, who managed to stand still on her own two feet, responded to the entity with a tone of anger in her voice, "Not as long as the three of us still live to stand and fight against your evil plot, you monster!"

I then saw Neptune walk up towards her cousin along with Pluto and told the entity to the entity in the same tone of voice as Uranus used, "That's right! So, if you intend to conquer this world, then you're going to have to fight the three of us first in order to get your mad wish."

I then saw the entity force a grin on Shadow's face and it started to roar up with loud and mad laughter as it did before. The entity then started to say to the Sailor Scouts, as it tried to stop its crazed cry of a laugh, "Ha ha ha ha ha! Do you three actually think that you could possibly defeat me? You can barely try to get up on your own two feet, let alone try to defend against the power of the Chaos Spear! But, I must say that you three impress me as much as the human boy did. Even after that vicious assault, you three young ladies are still very much alive. The only difference is that the boy recovered his strength and was able to continue the fight; unlike you three who haven't the energy left to even throw a punch, let alone defend. It's a real pity that you three won't live to tell the tale, so it's time for all of us to say goodbye forever." The entity then had Shadow raise his left arm up towards the sky and started preparing the launch of another deadly Chaos Spear attack.

As the entity was beginning to be surrounded by yellow spheres of light, an angry feeling started to overcome me and that was when I finally decided to take action. I ran out of the alley, stopping only a few feet away from its opening. Then, the next thing I knew, both of my arms started to grip onto the sword's golden handle very tightly and moved its silver blade with the red star on it towards the sky. It felt like I knew what I was doing with it, unlike someone that was trying to take of control me, but it's like I had done something like this for my entire life. When I started to swing the sword's blade towards the entity, sparks of electricity started to flow through it and all of a sudden, a bolt of lightning appeared out of the silver blade. It jumped out of the well-forged blade and collided into Shadow's body as quickly as a flash.

When the body of Shadow the Hedgehog fell to the ground, I ran back into the alley and hid behind the wall of the opening in order to avoid being seen. After doing so, I tilted my head from behind the wall of the building in order to see what would happen next.

All I saw at that moment was the three Outer Sailor Scouts wearing amazed expressions on their faces as they continued to look at Shadow's body with extreme caution. In order to break the silence, Uranus asked, "Scouts, where did that bolt of tremendous energy came from and who was the one that caused it?"

Pluto answered, "When that bolt of electricity collided against the entity's body, I sensed that it came from behind us. I turned and saw a person running from the scene. The light that came from the person was too bright for me to get a full image. When the creature finally collapsed to the ground, I didn't sense anything else after that, so I couldn't be sure where exactly the source of the energy is or who caused the lightning bolt."

I was relieved to hear that I wasn't discovered or found when I slashed the sword and created that powerful bolt of electricity. I then turned my attention towards Shadow's body, which was lying lifeless on the ground. I knew the lightning bolt only paralyzed the entity, so I was relieved but also terrified because the evil spirit could also wake up at any moment and in a very bad mood, I might add.

As I continued to give all my attention towards the body of Shadow, I noticed that his left arm suddenly started to move. I saw it move slowly at first, but then the arm started to pull his body up from the ground. I heard the three Sailor Scouts gasp in terror as they continued to see the evil entity still living and breathing and able to withstand the full force of the powerful lightning attack.

As sparks of electricity started to surround Shadow's body, the entity shout through his mouth with a sound of anger in its voice, "I know that it was you who would dare to strike me with that powerful lightning attack, human boy! Come out and face me yourself or otherwise these three young ladies will be..."

That was when a familiar voice cut off the voice of the entity by saying, "Don't say another word, you excuse for a black pin cushion, `cause anyone who would dare to mess with three of our friends is going to have to deal with all of us!"

I then started to look around to see whose voice it was and where exactly it came from. When I looked up towards the roof of a building that was about twenty feet away from the one I was hiding in, I saw a group of familiar faces that I had thought I would never see.

The group of superheroes I saw on the roof were none other than the Sailor Scouts themselves. Serena was in her super hero form known as Sailor Moon, leader of the Sailor Scouts. Rini was there in her super hero form and she is known as Mini Moon, but I already told you in the beginning of the story, so I'll tell you who was with them.

If you have seen the entire cartoon series of Sailor Moon you would know exactly who I am talking about: Amy is the brains of the group, she's a great student and a great swimmer, her sailor name is Mercury, the Sailor Scout of ice.

Raye's the psychic of the group. She's nice, but when she and Serena talk about something, they end up arguing like little kids, so please don't ask. Raye's sailor name is Mars, the scout of fire.

You already know who Sailor Jupiter is, so I will tell you about Sailor Venus, the Scout of love. Venus is a girl named Mina who's a great volleyball player and sort of acts like Serena, in a way.

Last, but not least, is Serena's boyfriend Darien. Right now though, he is Tuxedo Mask so that way he can be close to Serena and protect her from harm. However, I feel sorry for him when he has to see Serena and Rini argue all the time like dogs fighting over a bone.

Anyway, as I turned my attention back towards the evil entity, I saw him looking towards the group of super heroes on the roof through Shadow's eyes. Then it turned its attention back towards the three weakened Sailor Scouts and became surrounded by an aura of dark energy like the one it emitted in front of me before our fight.

The entity then started speaking to the three Sailor Scouts. This time, however, it used the voice of an angry wicked old man, "I guess I'll let you three pathetic mortals live for this time. But mark my words, if you three or any of your friends ever try to interfere with my plans again, none of you will be able to escape my wrath! So beware!"

Whoever or whatever voice it was, had sent some chills up my spine. However, this proved to me that Shadow the Hedgehog was indeed being controlled by an unknown force that was after the Chaos Emerald, which I now possess.

The entity began to run and then shouted out two words: "Chaos Control!" Then all of a sudden, emerald-green light appeared and started to surround the entity. The light was so bright that it blinded my eyes, so I wasn't able to see which direction the evil spirit went. When the light finally faded away and I got my eyes to focus properly, I saw that the entity disappeared out of sight and of the area.