Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Red Star in the Darkness ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12

After I finished talking, Ixis gave me a confused look on his ugly Freddy Kreuger-like face while he thought about what I had said to him. Meanwhile, I heard Sonic, Shadow, and Tails each giving out a huge unexpected gasp as a sign that they were not expecting anything like this coming from me.

"Are you nuts, kid?" I heard Shadow's voice call out to me with a bit of an angry tone in it, "What could be in that head of yours that would force you to say that you would become one of this sorcerer's cronies in order to keep Knuckles and the rest of us safe?"

`A plan that will hopefully work depending on how Ixis responds to my act of surrender,' I thought to myself as I continued to keep a calm and steady mind, ` I just hope that he agrees with met and lets Knux go'

After the voice in my mind has finished talking, I lowered the Star Swords' silver blade to the ground. Then I let go of the sword's handle and let it drop as I heard it made its metallic clang as soon as it hit the cement floor.

I saw Ixis give me a curious and that was when he started to grin like a nasty shark again.

"Hee, hee, hee, hee, hee! So you've decided to become my servant after all," Ixis said with his sharp teeth shining at my face. "But, give me one good reason why I should free the echidna and leave him, your beautiful girlfriend, and all their friends alone once I get what I need?"

I responded to his question with a calm, but serious tone, "Does it really matter to you that all my friends would be considered a threat to your quest for world domination? I mean, once you get the seven Chaos Emeralds along with the Star Sword and me as your soldier, you'll be able to pull this entire planet into the Zone of Silence where your power will be limitless. Then once you do that, whatever my friends and the Sailor Scouts do against you won't matter to you. Isn't that right, Ixis?"

"What are you be thinking, Miguel?" Tails responded with a surprised and sort of angry tone in his voice. "Do you really think that Ixis would keep his word in releasing Knuckles and leave us alone for..."

That was when Sonic interrupted him by calmly saying, "Tails! Let Miguel handle this, all right? If you keep interfering with their business, you might end up making things worse for Knuckles than they already are. That goes for you too, Shadow. So, the both of you just calm down and let Miguel deal with Ixis by himself, guys. He knows what he's doing."

"Are you serious, Sonic?" the two-tailed fox's voice said to his blue friend with shock and uncertainty in it.

"Yeah, Sonic. Have you finally lost your ever-loving mind? This is serious! The fate of this world would soon be decided by that horn-headed freak!" Shadow's voice shouted in with same tone as Tails's was, but only louder.

But before an argument between the three heroes could begin, Ixis decided to intervene by talking with his old, cackling, and menacing voice.

"I would do what the Quickster said, you two," he said. He then started to cackle low and softly as he ever so slowly pointed his sharp lobster-like claw at Knuckles, who was still trapped in place by the magic spell Ixis had placed on him earlier. "Don't forget that I still have the echidna in the Shield of Stillness spell that I have cast upon him earlier. So unless you two want to join him in the spell to be cast into oblivion, I would suggest to take the Quickster's advice and be silent while the boy Miguel and I finish our...business. Hee, hee, hee!"

When Ixis turned his attention back towards me, he pointed his human-like finger at me and kept his giant, lobster-like, clawed arm towards the trapped red echidna in the magical dome.

"Are you true to your word, boy?" Ixis asked with nothing but seriousness in his old ancient voice, "Will you be able to listen to my every command without question if I agree to your terms?"

That was when I responded to the sorcerer's question by lowering both of my legs towards the ground. When both of my knees touched the pavement of the floor, I lowered my head and body so that I would look like that I was bowing towards him like a servant would do in the presence of his master. I then started to respond to Ixis with my voice a bit mutual, "I am ready to serve you and you only, Master Ixis."

For a moment I did not hear a word coming from Ixis when I said those words, but then the sorcerer started to give out a soft calm laughter that I had not heard him use since he inhabited Shadow's body. It wasn't an insane laughter that I heard before, but then again, it wasn't a very pleasant laugh to hear either. That was when I started to hear the menacing voice of the old wizard saying to me, "Hee, hee, hee, hee, hee!! You really do amuse me, human. I mean, why should I honor my word when I can easily cast all of your friends into oblivion with the wave of my hand? I clearly have the power to do with them whatever I please. However, you do make a good point about your four friends and those Sailor Scouts being no longer a threat once I have the Chaos Emeralds in my possession. With the power of those seven emeralds as well as your Star Sword, I would be able to plunge this planet into the Zone of Silence becoming this world's absolute ruler with the incredible power that I gain. Once I have done that, I wouldn't have to worry about the Quickster and his friends or those Sailor Scouts tryng to stop me. So, I will agree to the terms of our little agreement and release the echidna from his prison. Once I do so, I want you to take the remaining emeralds from those three rodents and bring them to me. Is that understood?"

I nodded my head and when I raised my head towards him, I saw an evil grin spread across his face as he continued to look at me with an ugly indulging look. "Hmm. It looks to me that we've reached an agreement then. Very well, as promised, I will release the echidna from his prison and leave him and your friends alone. Just be sure that you keep your end of our bargain so that I can be assured that you are telling the truth, boy." After he made his little speech, I saw Ixis wave his human-like hand towards the trapped echidna in the energy dome and suddenly the field that was around Knuckles vanished out of sight without a single trace.

"Ugh!" I heard Knuckles say as he started to rub his head as if he had received a blow to it, "Oh, my head! What happened to me?" The red echidna looked towards Ixis and me and then he asked me, "Miguel, why are you on the ground like that and why is Ixis grinning like a mad shark or something? Just what in the world is happening here?"

That was when Ixis said,(while still grinning like a shark) "Allow me to explain to you what just transpired here, echidna. You see, Miguel and I made a little agreement while you were in your little prison cell. I agreed that if I released you from your imprisonment and leave you, your friends, and those Sailor Scouts alone, the boy would be my powerful General for my new world order, so that I could use the power of the Star Sword and the seven Chaos Emeralds to gain the infinite power I need to rule over this entire planet."

The old warlock then pointed his huge lobster-like claw at Sonic, Shadow, and Tails and said to Knuckles with a forceful voice, "Now go and rejoin your three spineless and pathetic friends before I change my mind about releasing you!"

The red echidna looked at me with uncertainty as he started to walk towards his three friends and then suddenly turned his attention back towards them without even looking at me. As I saw the four of them gather in a sort of group pow-wow and started to hear them chatter amongst themselves, Ixis's old voice started to order me by saying, "Alright boy, I kept my end of the bargain, now it's time for you to do the same."

I turned my full attention towards the sorcerer and said to him as I bowed towards him, "Of course, master. Now what would you like for me to do for you first, my lord?" I had to act as if I was really going to obey Ixis' commands or otherwise my plan to bring him down would go down in smoke.

The sinister wizard gave me an evil grin of satisfaction on his face and he then started to say to me, "Very well my servant, I order you to get the four remaining Chaos Emeralds from the four rodents and bring them to me. After you're finished with that task, I want you to carry my Star Sword and follow me to the chosen sight of my new palace. Is that understood?"

I nodded to the ancient warlord in response to his mad request. I then started to pick up the Star Sword that I had dropped on the ground earlier and walked towards the four SEGA heroes in their little group circle as they continued to talk among themselves. "Alright, rodents, hand over the four remaining Chaos Emeralds to me and my master will spare your lives," as I started to raise my Star Sword's blade up and pointed it towards them.

As I saw the four SEGA heroes turn their attention towards me, I saw Tails carrying three fist-sized green emeralds in his small hands. I then gave them a wink from my right eye to let them know that I was still on their side. I suddenly heard the voice of Knuckles inside of my head as I continued to point the Star Sword's silver blade at the four of them.

`Can you hear my thoughts, Miguel?!' Knuckles voice shouted to me as I tried to avoid being irritated by the shouting, `Well, if you can hear me, I just want to say that this is the worse thing that you have ever done! I mean, why would you even consider joining up with that horn-headed creep if...!'

`Whoa! Easy there, Knux!' I responded to the echidna's shouting telepathic words with my own, `I can hear you just fine, so there's no reason for you to shout at me and give me a headache! Sheesh! And for your information, I only pretend to obey Ixis so that I can get him to release you in order for my plan to work.'

`What plan?' Shadow the Hedgehog's voice appeared all of a sudden, `Are you trying to tell us that you're going to attack Ixis while his guard is down? That's nuts!'

`Hey, how are you guys talking to each other all of a sudden?' Sonic's voice then intervened, `As matter of fact, how am I able to hear you guys talking to each other without moving each others lips?'

`Must be because of the Chaos Emeralds,' said Tails's own telepathic, yet mutual voice, `Each of us has been exposed to the Chaos Emeralds' great energy for so long that it has sort of developed a telepathic link between the four of us; therefore…'

I then interrupted the young fox's voice by saying telepathically, `Uh, Tails, now is not the time for one of your Chaos Emerald theories right now. Might I remind you guys that Ixis still thinks that I'm his loyal servant and he might grow so impatient that he might start to suspect the whole deal! So just help me play along with this act and help me convince the old geezer that I'm on his side, alright?'

`Okay Miguel, there's no need for you to have a panic attack,' Sonic said with his ever playful voice, `Anyway, I knew all along that you wouldn't join Ixis too help him conquer the world. I also know that you wouldn't do anything that could risk any of our lives even if it means trying to attack Ixis in a head on fight. Wouldn't you guys agree?'

`I'm convinced,' Shadow's voice said, `At least we now know that you didn't really join Ixis's mad crusade Miguel.'

`That's for sure,' Tails's voice responded followed by a sigh of relief, `for a minute there Miguel, I really thought that you joined Ixis in trying to conquer the world. I'm just glad that you really didn't…'

`Uh, I hate to interrupt this little apology session,' Knuckles's voice interrupted the fox's voice with a bit of a sarcastic tone, `but if we don't start to go along with the kid's act, then Ixis might start to…'

That was when the old warlock's voice started to say to me with an impatient tone in it, "Why are you silent all of sudden, my servant? Is there something that makes you so hesitate to carry out my order or…"

"No, Master," I interrupted him with my own normal but yet mutual voice, "It's just that I was simply savoring the moment of seeing my former comrades' faces with the sight of betrayal on them. Don't you wish to see them like this, my lord?"

"Well, it is quite priceless to see that kind of look on those four so called, heroes' faces," Ixis said with satisfaction in his menacing voice, "Hee, hee, hee. I like the way that you think, my servant. Very well, take your time with them and be sure to collect the Chaos Emeralds when you are through. I always knew that you had a dark side, Miguel."

"Yes, master," I said to Ixis. I then responded to my four friends telepathically as I put away the Star Sword back to its resting place, `Help me play along with this you guys, or the four of us could became Ixis's new victims if we don't.'

"Alright Miguel, we'll do it!' responded the four heroes voices telepathically at the same time as the two-tailed fox started walk over to me and held over the three Chaos Emeralds that were in his hands.

"Take the Chaos Emeralds and leave with your new master, traitor," Shadow said with a somewhat convincing angry tone in his voice.

As I took the three Chaos Emeralds from the young fox, I saw the expressions on Shadow, Sonic, and Knuckles's faces had a disgusted and angry feeling on them. But before I could have the chance to feel bad about what I was doing to them, I heard the voice of Sonic talking in my mind, 'Don't feel bummed out, Miguel! We're only acting this way so Ixis wouldn't know what we're up to.'

'Sonic's right, kid,' I heard Knuckles's voice responded, 'There's no need for you to be all worried if you're hurting our feelings or not, so just pull yourself together and keep the act going!'

'He's right Miguel,' Shadow's voice said, 'the four of us know what you're doing and we know that it would work. I just hope that this act of ours works out well.'

'You heard what Shadow said, Miguel,' Tails started to telepathically say with confidence in his mind's voice, 'Go out there and show that horn-headed sorcerer who's boss! The four of us are right behind to back you up, so don't worry about it!'

'Thanks guys, I really needed that,' I responded, with a sigh of relaxation as I started to turn away from them and faced my master to offer him the three Chaos Emeralds. "Here are your three Chaos Emeralds, master." I calmly said to Ixis as I approached him. I placed them on the ground and bowed before him.

While I was on the ground, I heard the voice of the dark wizard starting to become enraged with fury. "Where is the fourth emerald?!" he started to say as I raised my head towards him and saw that he was aiming his angry look at Sonic and the gang, "You miserable rodents! What did you do with the fourth Chaos Emerald?! If you don't tell me where that emerald is, I'll..."

That was when I chose to cut in on the mad sorcerer's words by saying, "Please don't bother wasting your energy, my lord. For, you see, I know the whereabouts of the fourth emerald."

Ixis started to calm down a bit and began to tell me with a pleased curious tone in his voice, "Really, Miguel? Then why don't you bring the fourth Chaos Emerald to me so that I can start to gain my rightful power?"

I nodded to the evil magician in response to his request. I walked away from the wizard and the four SEGA heroes and went to the place where I had my school backpack. As I approached the huge black and blue school pack, I started to open the front pocket of the pack and inside revealed the huge green emerald inside. As I pulled the fist-sized emerald from the giant pack, I showed the cosmic jewel to the warlock and saw the same menacing shark-like grin appearing on his face again.

"Very good, my servant," Ixis said with a pleased tone in his voice, "Now all you have to do is come here and bring that precious gem to me so that I can rule this world with my new awesome power."

As I started to approach the mad sorcerer at a steady pace, I suddenly heard him starting to say to me, "After you give the emerald to me, I then want you to get out your sword and use its power to slash your former friends to oblivion!"

I soon started to shiver in disgust and fear as the words of my new master started to echo throughout my head. As I was about 10 ft. from the sorcerer, I started to think to myself, 'Alright, no more playing possum, it's time to launch the final faze of my plan and show him what happens when he tries to turn me against my friends!'

I quickly stopped approaching the evil wizard from about 5 ft. away and said to him, "I have a suggestion that I think that you would love to hear, master. Would you like to hear it?"

"Yes, my faithful servant," Ixis said with anticipation in his voice, "I would love to hear what you have in mind for getting rid of our unwanted guests."

That was when I started to grip onto the Chaos Emerald as tight as I could and did the same with the Star Sword's handle, concentrating both of their great energies into the mystic sword's blade. That was when I started to tell the mad sorcerer with a not so mild voice, "Alright master, here it is: why don't I use both the power of the Star Sword and Chaos Emerald to destroy you instead? For all the things that you want me to do to my friends, I should crush you right now!" I then charged towards the dark wizard at a great speed and lept towards him.

As I started to get within the range of Ixis, the evil sorcerer raised his clawed hand towards me and it suddenly started to glow with a dark black aura. That was when he started to tell me as he laughed, "Ha, ha, ha! Did you just say something, boy?!"

Then, just when I was about to slash the Star Sword's glowing silver blade at Ixis's face, I was suddenly completely surrounded by the weapon's own electrical energy, stopping me from moving any closer to Ixis. As I floated in mid air due to the sorcerer's magical lobster hand, I screamed in pain as the electrical current painfully surged throughout my entire body, paralyzing me completely and giving me pain that I had never felt before. The Star Sword and the Chaos Emerald seemed to merge together with my hands as I was unable to release my grip from either of them.

I then heard the cries of Sonic and his friends as I heard them charging towards Ixis. I also heard the menacing voice of the evil wizard say, "Don't move any further towards the two of us, rodents, or otherwise I'll give your human friend even more pain than he is feeling now…like this!"

I suddenly felt a sharp burning pain crawling all over my body which was too much for me to try to contain any longer. I screamed as loud as I could at the top of my lungs. The pain was so incredible that I couldn't even feel my legs or any part of my body, which went numb. I couldn't even breathe when I tried to get some oxygen into my exhausted lungs. I then stopped my screaming when I heard the mad sorcerer start laughing at the top of his lungs.

"Ha, ha, ha! You fool!" Ixis's voice echoed as he levitated my body towards him and smiled at my face, "Didn't you think that I would be prepared for such a pitiful attack? I always know how to keep my servants under control in case they don't follow my commands or plan to betray me! Besides, what's the use of the power of both the Star Sword and that one Chaos Emerald when compared to the remarkable power of six emeralds combined? Now that I know that your loyalty to me was just an act, I should just eliminate your four friends and the Sailor Scouts from this plane right now! But first, there is something that I need to do in order to be sure that you won't get in my way ever again and it would also help me gain control of the Star Sword and its power!"

As I struggled to get some air into my lungs, I started to ask the insane wizard while trying to breath in some fresh air, "What...do...you...mean...by...that,...you...horn-headed...freak...!"

The mad sorcerer started to laugh with an ugly indulging smile growing across his face as he said to me, "Well, if you really must know, all I ever wanted from you from the very beginning was the Star Sword that is now in your possession. However, the weapon itself chose you to be its rightful owner and will attack anyone else who tries to touch its surface, no matter who they are. Which means that I can't take the sword from you as long as you are alive. So that means I will have to kill you in order to get it from your dead body! Ha, ha, ha! So it's time to say goodbye to all of your friends, to your lovely Michelle, and this world, as I remove your presence from this plane forever. So be gone!!"

With those words, Ixis started to squeeze his black glowing lobster claw in front of me and I started to feel even more pain than I had felt before. As the incredible pain grew more severe by the second, I started to see nothing but blackness from what I can see. When all I can see was nothing but darkness, I started to hear Ixis old voice laughing at my sight of me suffering from my pain. I couldn't even feel the pain that surged throughout my body. I then heard Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, and Tails all throughout the blackness, telling me not to give up yet. Suddenly, their voices started shouting in pain and struggling as Ixis's mad laughter continued to grow out of control.

As I was about to give in to the darkness of my great pain and suffering, I heard the voice of a familiar young woman starting to shout towards the mad sorcerer's voice and I then saw a sudden burst of aqua colored light shooting up towards me and surrounding me with its brilliance. I started to fall to the ground while letting go of both the Star Sword and the Chaos Emerald, which fell to the floor and hit the solid concrete.

Before I could even feel my body hit the ground, I suddenly felt two slender arms catch me with their embrace. As I tried to understand what was happening to me, I saw the aqua blue light turning white as began to see a beautiful yet familiar face among its rays. Somehow the sight of the young girl was able to heal my entire body from all the damage that it has taken. But just before I could get a better look at the beautiful angel I was looking at, the energy in my body suddenly gave out, and I closed my eyes, allowing the darkness to surround me once again.