Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Universe - Transformed! ❯ Power Struggle ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dark Wizard Presents

The Anime Universe-Transformed!

The Transformers

Issue 3: Power Struggle

There is an old Cybertronian myth of a mischievous goddess who helped Primus, the Creator, breathe life into the metal world of Cybertron and create the Transformer race. However, when Primus realized this goddess was seeking the Creation Matrix of Leadership, which he had intended for his children, he swiftly and harshly punished her.

Using the very power of the Matrix, which this goddess sought to take for herself, Primus erased all of her memories, and banished her to the far ends of the universe. To prevent such an attempted theft from ever happening again, Primus gave the Matrix to a wise Transformer-Alpha Prime. Alpha Prime would guard the Matrix and its power of wisdom and creation for four million years before finally passing it on-always weary of the possibility that this goddess may return, seeking to steal it once again.

Of course, most modern Cybertronian historians regard this story as nothing more than religious myth. A myth to explain the origins of the Primes. A myth, just a myth…or is it?

"Washu?" Prime exclaimed. "The one and only!" the red head replied with a wink. She continued to hold her hand out, gesturing for Optimus to shake…even though his hand was at least twenty times larger than hers.

"So, Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots," Washu continued, "are we friends or are we not?" Optimus was extremely hesitant. "You sneak onboard my ship," Optimus began. "You bring others with you, then walk right on in to confront me, my second in command, and my chief medic completely unannounced,…" He squinted his optics. "And you're telling me you just want to be friends? No offense, but I can't help it if I'm skeptical about your true intentions."

Washu looked as though a bee had just stung her. "Oh, my word!" Washu said, sounding hurt as she slammed both palms on her face. "Optimus Prime! Do you not trust me?" "I never said that…but I do have my reservations." Washu's green eyes began to water. "Optimus," she said innocently. "Do I look like someone who would trick you?"

"Hell yeah," the cyan-hared female muttered, lazily floating in the air on her back. Washu quickly darted her gaze to the other woman, then teleported over to her. Upon rematerializing, Washu looked at the woman with criticism, then just shook her head. "Oh, Ryoko," she sighed. "Whatever is a mother to do with a child like you?"

While the two women spoke with each other, Ultra Magnus gave his opinion of their new and unexpected guests. "I don't like it, Optimus" he said. "These…these things just pop up out of the blue without letting us know about them till the last minute. And the type of folk that do that usually have other motives than just wanting to make new friends." "I have to agree with you on that," Optimus conceded. "Still, these are the only natives we've been able to make true contact with so far. And the abilities of these creatures are incredible…they may actually prove to be powerful allies."

"But Optimus," Ultra Magnus countered, the concern obvious in his voice. "In our present situation, we can't just blindly accept every person who comes to us claiming to be our ally." "We can't just ignorantly turn them away, either." Prime looked down at the unconscious Buster Witwicky. "If nothing else, we should let her revive this injured one as she offered." "If she can do it," Ratchet commented, "it'd make me more than happy."

"Meow! Meow! Meowr!" the small, furred creature began to yelp. Ryoko and Washu stopped arguing and turned their attention to the creature. "What is it, Ryo-Ohki?" Ryoko asked. "Meow! Meow!" "Someone's coming?"

Moments later, Prowl and Perceptor entered the repair bay. "Optimus," Prowl began. "Skids and Sunstreaker have found something that…" Ryoko suddenly materialized in front of his face, growling and her beam saber ignited. "What the slag?!" he exclaimed. "Who are you?!" Ryoko growled. "I think you're the one who ought to be asked that!" Prowl replied. "Ryoko, calm down!" Washu said. "They're Autobots too!" Ryoko backed off and teleported back to Washu. "You'll have to excuse my daughter," Washu said cheerfully. "It's just that she's mentally linked to Ryo-Ohki here, so there's times where Ryo-Ohki gets nervous, and she gets nervous as a result."

"Daughter?" Perceptor said with fascination, and transformed into his giant microscope form. "I've never heard of such a thing. If you don't mind me doing so, I'd like to analyze it!" "Be my guest!" Washu replied with a grin. "What?!" Ryoko protested furiously. Perceptor zoomed in on Ryoko, which didn't improve her sour mood. She went up to Perceptor's lens and, with a furious scowl, shoved her face right in it. "Keep you're eyes to yourself, tin man!" she hissed, bearing her fangs. "Did you hear me?! Butt out or I'll rip you to pieces!"

"Ahhh! Y…yes, of course!" Perceptor fearfully replied, and returned to robot form, backing away from the steamed Ryoko. "I'm terribly sorry!" Ryoko then went back to being calm and cheerful. "Good," she purred. "Just so we have an understanding-you stay out of my face, I won't smash yours! Got it?" Weakly, Perceptor nodded.

"Optimus," Ultra Magnus sighed with concern. "You see? These two are only going to be trouble!" "Well, for that incident, I'm going to make sure Prowl and his security team keep an eye on them 24/7" Prime reassured him. Washu obviously overheard their conversation, and teleported back to the table. "What are you boys talking about?" she asked, in a manner that indicated she already knew. Before Prime or Magnus could respond, Ratchet interrupted. "You were saying you could revive this creature," he said. "Yes, and I'll do it." She looked up at Prime. "But only if you allow me and my two companions to remain on your ship."

Prime thought about it for a few moments, exchanging worried looks with Ultra Magnus, then finally made his decision. "Very well," he said, extending his massive blue metal hand. Washu grabbed it and shook. "Welcome aboard.

Ultra Magnus wore an expression of disbelief, but Prime quickly shot him a look that silenced his opposition. He then turned back to Washu. "Keep in mind, however, that I must now consider you, Ryoko, and Ryo-Ohki as members of the crew, subject to all the rules, chain of command, and punishment for violating either." Washu smiled cheerfully. "A small price to pay, but okay. Thank you Optimus Prime. Now, if I may begin treatment on the human patient?" "Go ahead, and try to teach Ratchet while you're at it."

Optimus turned to Prowl. "You were saying, Prowl?" "You need to come to the communications post, fast" Prowl replied urgently.

"…many of the plant workers claimed that the Greater Tokyo Nuclear Power Plant's destruction was due to an attack by 'giant, transforming robots.' Though authorities believe the plant operators have been reading too much mecha manga…"

Every Autobot on the Ark-with the exception of those in the repair bay-had their optics glued to the TV news report Skids and Sunstreaker had intercepted. "If that doesn't sound like Decepticons," Prowl began, "I don't know what does!" "This isn't good," Prime said. "We've hardly been here a day and already Megatron is making his moves to conquer this planet." "Well, at least we know that they're as low on Energon as we are" Trailbreaker commented.

"But with that in mind," Optimus continued. "The Decepticons are likely to strike again. And the last thing we need is for them to gain an advantage over us with a steady supply of Energon-especially when we're starting to run extremely short on it." He looked at Wheeljack. "How long will that nuclear reactor be able to provide Energon to the Decepticons?" he asked. "Well, that depends" Wheeljack replied. "On what?" Ultra Magnus asked. "On the stability of the core," Wheeljack explained. "If the uranium is nearing the end of its power-generating life span, any attempt to convert it to Energon will only produce radioactive waste."

******

"What do you mean it's useless?!" Megatron roared in anger at Soundwave and Ratbat, who were cowering in a corner of the newly completed Deceptifortress. "My lord, please!" Soundwave begged. "Try to understand!" "The uranium is useless because it has been drained of its power potential," Ratbat explained, trembling. "All we have left is radioactive waste. Any Energon produced from it would be toxic!"

The two ducked as Megatron threw a computer monitor at them, which exploded upon hitting the wall. "Then find something else to obtain Energon from, you fools!" he roared. Megatron then glared at both of them threateningly. "Lest we resort to your own fuel lines!" he hissed. "Rest assured, my lord," Ratbat replied with little confidence. "We will find a source for Energon. And once we do, we will give you the six new Decepticons we promised!" "I certainly hope so, for your sake!" Megatron growled.

Just then, Runamuck and Runabout touched down on Deceptifortress's landing platform, battle weary. The two then made their way into the base. "Runabout and Runamuck have returned" Reflector said, watching the two from a control panel. "Why have you returned so soon?" Megatron snapped as the two entered the control room. "We were attacked by the Autobots!" Runamuck exclaimed. "They outnumbered and outgunned us!" Runabout added. "And they took us completely by surprise! We had to retreat or we would've been destroyed for sure!"

The two then realized that they had brought this news at the wrong time, as Megatron struck the two with immense force, sending them flying across the room. "They took you by surprise because you allowed them too!" he shouted, enraged. "And you retreated because you were too stupid to improvise! Cowards! Idiots!"

"Please forgive us, mighty Megatron!" Runamuck pleaded, barely able to get up. "We'll never fail you again!" Megatron aimed his fusion cannon at the two cowering Decepticons. "No," he said icily. "You won't."

"Wait Megatron!" Starscream quickly interrupted. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Enraged, Megatron turned his cannon on Starscream. "Who are you to dictate to me, Starscream?!" he hissed. Starscream stared down Megatron's cannon barrel, the fear quite apparent on his face. "No, listen Megatron! Despite this act of sheer incompetence on their part, Runabout and Runamuck can still be useful to us! It'd be a waste if you terminated them now!" He then grinned slightly. "Besides, mighty Megatron, destroying them would drain your power supply, right when we're in the middle of an Energon shortage."

Megatron thought about this for a few moments, and then lowered his cannon. "As much as I hate to admit it," he grumbled, "you have a point, Starscream. But that doesn't change the fact that the Autobots are online and we are dangerously low on our Energon supplies!" He squinted his optics. "Nor does it change the fact that you're a threat to me, Starscream!" he thought silently. "Don't try to pretend I'm not aware of your desire to become leader of the Decepticons! You've shown the signs of it ever since the war began, and it's probably only a matter of time before you try to eliminate me. Well, Starscream, I'd just be careful if I were you. After all, if you had such difficulty fighting a fleshling female, your going to find that trying to assassinate me is suicide!"

"Listen to him and his 'I'm such a flawless leader' routine!" Starscream thought to himself. "If for nothing else, I need to seize the leadership of the Decepticons to shut him up! Well, as soon as I get the opportunity, none of us will have to listen to him again!"

"Lord Megatron!" Frenzy called out. "You should come see this!" Megatron glanced over at the communications post where Frenzy and Ravage were, then back at Runabout and Runamuck. He pointed his finger at the two menacingly. "I'll spare you two imbeciles…for the moment. Keep in mind that you are very expendable. Do not fail me again." He then turned to Starscream. "And in the future, Starscream, when I want your opinion, I'll blast it out of you!"

Megatron walked over to the communications post where the Cassette robots had intercepted a television broadcast. "Well, the mysterious destruction of the Greater Tokyo Nuclear Power Plant came at quite a convenient time," the newscaster said jokingly. "Tomorrow at exactly 10:30 A.M., the opening of the world's first fusion reactor plant, the creation of American nuclear physicist Dr. Sparkplug Witwicky, will take place right here in Tokyo, and generate up to 30 times the older nuclear plant's capability, while producing no waste at all!"

"Is it possible we could use that, instead?" Ravage asked. "I certainly hope so, for the sake of Ratbat and Soundwave," Megatron said. He turned to face his two scientists and grinned sinisterly. "Because I'm going to need them to find a way to make it produce Energon after we capture it tomorrow!"

******

"Just a little more time," Washu said, working on her holo-computer above the unconscious Buster. "And he'll wake up, good as new!" "Your technology is just amazing!" Perceptor said with fascination. "An actual holographic console for a real quantum subspace computer! I'd never dreamed of such a thing!" "It doesn't seem you've ever dreamed of such a thing as children, either" Washu teased. "Yeah, really!" Ryoko added. "What do you mean you've never heard of "daughter" before? Don't you guys procreate?"

"Well, no" Perceptor replied. "We Cybertronians aren't able to produce our own offspring, as we've observed with life forms like yourselves. You see, all new life on Cybertron arises from the planet itself, assembled from the scores of nano-beings living in the metal surface." "Nano-beings?" Ryoko asked, obviously confused.

Washu couldn't help but jump in and explain. "Yes, Ryoko, nano-beings! Tiny, mechanical organisms, existing on the atomic and sometimes sub-atomic level! Because of their extremely small size, nano-beings have the ability to restructure the atomic make-up of anything, reshaping it into an endless number of possible forms-such as our Autobot friends here!"

"And," Perceptor continued, "the same nano-beings that mold us and give us life stay with us for our entire existence, still capable of reshaping our atoms. That is how we're able to transform into vehicles, weapons, and tools!" "Any shape you want?" Ryoko asked. "Almost. All Cybertronians have at least one alternate form programmed in their nano-beings." "Well wait a minute! If that form was programmed on another planet, how come you can take the shape of objects that only exist here on Earth?" "An excellent question! You see, our nano-beings can be reprogrammed to give us a different alternate form, but it takes a powerful computer like Teletran-1 to do that."

"Can't you also create new Transformers with the Matrix?" Washu asked. The Autobots in the room fell dead silent and stared at Washu. "H…how did you know about the Creation Matrix of Leadership?" Ratchet asked. Washu simply giggled in response. "The same reason I knew about you and this ship," she finally said. "Myths and legends." "What kind?" Bumblebee asked. "About 20,000 years ago, I was working at the Galactic Science Academy on planet Hyuten as a professor. While going through the Academy Library, I came across dozens of different ancient texts from cultures thousands of light-years apart that spoke of the same thing: a planet composed entirely of machinery and inhabited by mechanical beings.

"I believed the texts word for word, and brought forth a proposal to the Board of Directors to fund a scientific expedition to find this planet." She then grimaced. "I take it they weren't persuaded?" Ratchet asked. "Hardly! They said I was a gullible fool, ready to believe any fairy tale I came across. I nearly lost my reputation and position at the Academy! So I gave up on any effort to find your planet and went on to other projects, such as my precious little Ryoko!"

"So, did these texts mention the Matrix?" Perceptor asked. "In a way, yes. They mentioned that the inhabitants of the metal world possessed an emblem that held the power of a god, which could make or take life. This, too, I had taken as a literal scientific fact." She stared into space dreamily. "Ahh, that was so many years ago, and I can still remember that period of time as the most exciting in my career at the Academy, next to creating Ryoko and Ryo-Ohki."

She then giggled. "Those old fools," she said. "They hammered me so much for suggesting that you and your planet existed that I eventually began to believe what they said, that it was all a bunch of ancient myths and early industrial-age folk tales from extinct civilizations." Her green, cat-like eyes lit up as she smirked. "Until earlier this morning, when Mount Ryo-Aru, the volcano your ship is wedged into, erupted. My computer immediately detected your vessel as it was exposed by the eruption. I persuaded Ryoko and Ryo-Ohki to investigate it, and after they discovered you boys and learned about your situation…"

Washu clasped her hands together and became starry eyed. "To learn that you were stranded on this planet, light years from your home world, and with your evil nemesis on the loose-it touched me! I was deeply moved! Being the most brilliant mind in the universe, I had to come to your aid!"

Ryoko rolled her eyes, disgusted. "A likely story," she muttered under her breath.

"So that's how you knew we were here," Optimus Prime's voice said from behind. All turned to see Optimus, Ultra Magnus, and Prowl standing in the doorway. "So, Washu," Optimus continued, "how's the patient doing?" Embarrassed, Washu quickly looked back down at Buster and went back to working at her holo-computer. "Oh! Silly me! I got so caught up in telling my old stories I completely forgot about him!" She pressed a few more holographic buttons, and a blue field surrounded Buster, then disappeared. Slowly, Buster began to move.

"Ohhh…" he moaned, straining to open his eyes. He finally did, and the first thing he saw was Washu playfully shoving her face into his. "Good morning, sunshine!" she cheerfully said with a wide grin. "Wha…what?" he exclaimed, startled. "Where am I? Who are you?" He then saw the Autobots behind her and panicked.

"Don't be afraid, human," Optimus said. "We're not here to hurt you." Buster darted his head around the massive room with fear-and a slowly emerging sense of fascination. He quickly noticed the giant yellow robot he and his friends had seen on the road laying on a table next to him, its metal legs crumpled.

"In fact," Optimus continued. "Part of the reason you survived Runamuck's missile attack is because Bumblebee here was able to bring you to safety." "Well, fortunately for the two of us, Runamuck has a pretty bad aim," Bumblebee said cheerfully. "But if Ironhide and the others hadn't come in, that Decepticon would've reduced me to scrap metal!"

"Whoa!" Buster shouted. "What are you things? Who was that that attacked us in the woods? And why did they? And who's this lady? Just what on earth is going on here?!"

The Autobots realized that Buster needed to be brought up to speed on the situation, and explained everything: the civil-war on Cybertron, the Autobots and Decepticons, the crash of the Ark, and their awakening on planet Earth.

"So those were Decepticons that attacked us?" he asked. "That's right," Ultra Magnus replied. "And two pretty nasty ones at that! They would've blasted you into a million atoms without a second thought!" "But what happened to Tenchi, Hirao, and Amagisaki-the three guys I was with?"

Washu stopped her work on her computer instantly and darted her gaze to Buster and Ryoko immediately teleported to the recovering boy. "Tenchi was with you?" the two asked, sounding panicked.

"Uh, yeah" Buster replied, surprised. "Do you know him?"

******

"Thanks," Tenchi said to the truck driver as he closed the door. The big rig revved up and then drove down the road, leaving Tenchi, Amagisaki, and Hirao at the gates of the Misaki Shrine and Musaki residence.

"What time is it, Tenchi?" Amagisaki yawned. Tenchi checked his watch. "Three in the morning" he replied. "Okay, then," Hirao sleepily said. "Goodnight!" He and Amagisaki collapsed onto the ground, asleep and snoring loudly.

"Tenchi?" Katsuhito called out as he approached the entrance. "Yes, it's me Grandpa!" Tenchi cried out. He dropped to his knees in exhaustion. "Oh, Grandpa! You'll never believe what we saw today! It was incredible…unearthly!" The old Jurai prince smiled. "Try me," he said.

******

"Transforming robots?" Katsuhito asked with a raised eyebrow as he poured some tea. He was sitting at a table with Tenchi, Ayeka and Sasami. "I'm serious!" Tenchi said. "I'm telling you, it really happened! You've got to believe me!"

"We believe you, Lord Tenchi," Ayeka said as she sipped her tea. "Earlier tonight the news said that the Greater Tokyo Nuclear Power Plant had been destroyed-completely ripped apart and the reactor missing!" Tenchi leaned forward with intense interest. "Let me guess-people said it was done by giant robots that transform into cars!" "No," Ayeka replied. "By giant robots that transform into fighter jets and a space shuttle!" "And one that launched smaller robots!" Sasami added. "And they were strong enough to fight off the Sailor Scouts!"

Tenchi was bewildered. "Fantastic," he sighed with disbelief. "This whole thing is absolutely fantastic!" "Oh, come on Tenchi!" Katsuhito said with a smirk. "Surely after all you've been through you don't think this is the most bizarre thing you've ever seen!" "It comes pretty close!" Tenchi said. "You just need to relax, Tenchi," Sasami said sweetly, and handed him a cup of tea. "Here, have some. It'll calm your nerves."

Tenchi drank the green liquid, and immediately felt more at ease. "Thank you, Sasami," he said. The young Jurai princess just giggled. "You're welcome, Tenchi!" "Man, I bet you Washu would be all over this," Tenchi continued. He then came to a sudden realization. "Hey! Just where is Washu? Or Ryoko and Ryo-Ohki, for that matter?" "I don't know, I haven't seen any of them all day," Ayeka said. "Of course, the less I see of that monster woman, the better!" "I saw Washu this morning," Sasami said. "I walked into her lab to tell her breakfast was ready, but she quickly shooed me out. She said she had made the discovery of a lifetime and she didn't want anyone bothering her. Whatever it was, she was really excited about it!"

Tenchi was obviously unnerved by that. "Oh no…Grandpa, you don't think she took Ryoko and Ryo-Ohki and…" "Went to confront these things?" the old man answered. "Most likely. I haven't known the lady Washu for long, but in the short time she's been here I've learned that she's a very curious creature, always wanting to analyze this or observe that-yes, I think in all likelihood she's out with the other two, tracking these robots."

"Then we have to go after them!" Tenchi exclaimed as he rapidly rose from his seat. "They're probably in grave danger!" "Tenchi," his grandfather said sternly. The young warrior eased up and looked down at the old prince. "I wouldn't worry about them," Katsuhito finally said with a smile. "Ryoko and Washu are both very strong women and they can take care of themselves. Besides, any attempt to go look for them would result in you missing school."

Tenchi dropped his jaw in disbelief. "School?!" he exclaimed. "All this and you're sending us to school tomorrow?" "In a time of crisis," the old man continued, "a warrior must not only sharpen his fighting techniques, but also sharpen his mind. Besides, the battlefield for most young men your age is the classroom." Tenchi grimaced. "Ms. Briefs' science class isn't just a battlefield," he moaned. "It's ground zero!"

******

It was well after four in the morning, and Buster had been walking around for hours. But he was hardly tired. He was still tagging along with Bumblebee, who was showing him around the Ark, since the damage he had received from Runamuck's attack hadn't been as serious as Ratchet first thought.

"And this is the engine and power room," Bumblebee pointed as they entered the low-lit, steamy room. There was the sound of a soft electric hum and numerous loud clanks as Huffer labored away at the main generator. "How's it going, Huffer?" Bumblebee asked. "Terrible!" he grunted. ""We finally found out why we couldn't get the main power back online. It turns out one of the cooling lines had ruptured and shorted out the primary power converters. As you know, water and electricity don't mix, and pressure started to build up in the generator. So when Sideswipe and myself opened it up…" "Let me guess…kaboom!" "Exactly! Not only did it explosion give us some bad scorch marks, but it had a kind of domino effect, too! It blew out all the other converters and shattered a lot of the other cooling lines-that's why you're seeing the steam in here."

"So, does that mean you guys have to rebuild your generator?" Buster asked. "Yep," Huffer replied. "Fortunately, we know what needs to be fixed, and Wheeljack and that Washu lady are building replacement parts right now." "Could I see that?" Buster asked enthusiastically. "Sure!" Bumblebee replied with a smile, and began to lead the human out the door. "Good luck, Huffer!" he called out as he exited. "Thanks, cause I'm going to need a lot of it!"

The two walked down the corridor to the science lab, where Wheeljack and Washu were admiring the Autobot inventor's latest creation.

"I must say you're quite the handyman, Wheeljack!" Washu winked. "Making a workable power converter out of a rocket launcher tube and parts of a broken transmitter is a pretty big feat!" "Thank you," he replied. "The real challenge, of course, is going to be making six of them within four hours. But I'm sure we can pull it off." He sighed. "The real problem after that is going to be finding Energon." Washu wore an expression of deep concern. "Your fuel is in short supply?" she asked. "Yes. And I think it's starting to get to crisis level. For example, I have to run my systems at only 50% to conserve my Energon. But within the next 24 to 36 hours, my Energon supply will have been used, my fuel lines will dry up, and I'll shut down…permanently."

"Hmm…" Washu thought. "If there was a way of duplicating your fuel, we could create more rations. But I'd need a sample first." "You're free to use any of the five stiffs in the med bay," Wheeljack said. "What stiffs?" Washu asked. "Five of our guys, got killed by the Decepticons while they were still offline." "Really. Hmm…I'll be sure look into that."

"Just not to replicate Energon, though, right?" Washu smiled. "Ryoko," Washu thought. "Isn't this just a tad bit hypocritical? You always complain about me watching your thoughts, but here you are, watching mine!" "Washu, what you're doing is underhanded, you know!" "My my Ryoko, just when did you become so concerned about somebody other than yourself?" Ryoko didn't respond. "That's what I thought. But you see I have to be underhanded like this. Yes, I could probably easily duplicate their fuel…but then, how am I supposed to find the Matrix with all of them still functioning?" "I know…but then, what's to stop the Decepticons?" "Ryoko my dear, when I have control of the Matrix, the Decepticons will be no more a threat to this planet than a fly!"

"This seems kind of boring," Buster yawned. He checked his watch, and even though it was a cracked he could tell that it was quarter till five in the morning. "I think I better get some sleep." "Sleep?" Bumblebee asked. "What's sleep?" "Well," Buster began as he stretched out against the wall, "it's kind of like what you guys did for four million years, only it doesn't last that long." "Oh, I see…I guess," Bumblebee said as he sat down next to Buster.

"Say," Buster continued. "While you were shut-down for all that time…did you dream?" "Did I what?" Bumble asked, confused. "Dream. I mean, did you see any images?" The Autobot just shook his head. "Nope. It was all instantaneous. One moment I was holding onto my seat for dear life, the next Ratchet was standing over me saying I was fully functioning." "So you didn't see pictures of your home planet, or relive any old memories?" Buster asked. "No…is that what you do when you dream, Buster?" Buster nodded. "Sometimes," he said with a yawn. After a few moments, Buster was asleep, and Bumblebee stayed by his side for the whole time.

******

It was early morning, but the Autobots on the Ark were still at full alert. Warpath was guarding the entrance of the ship in his new earthen vehicle mode, a Sheridan light tank. Seven vehicles approached- a blue Corvette Stingray, a black and white Datsun 280 police car, an olive-green Land Rover Defender, a silver-blue Datsun 280 sports car, a red Toyota Celica, a green and brown open-top Hummer, and a blue and red NASCAR racer. The seven cars passed Warpath without question and slowed to a stop once they entered the ship, transforming into the robot modes of Tracks, Prowl, Brawn, Bluestreak, Windcharger, Roadbuster, and Smokescreen.

"Prowl, report!" Optimus said as he and Ultra Magnus approached the seven. "No sign of Decepticons high or low, Optimus" Prowl said. "That's because they know I'm on the prowl!" Brawn said proudly. "Yeah…me too!" Bluestreak added almost half-heartedly. "We can hand out medals later, people," Ultra Magnus said. "Yes," Prime continued. "Right now we need to be concerned with where Megatron will strike next! If he got the Energon he needed from the nuclear reactor, it's likely he'll attack the Ark! If he didn't, then he'll try to go after another human power plant!"

"What kind of bizarre stuff are the humans up to today, Skids?" Sunstreaker asked as he passed the communications post. "It's fascinating, this soap opera!" Skids said. "I wonder if it's a means for humans to strengthen their social relationships."

While Skids continued to produce theories on As Our Table Turns, another screen was showing images of the new fusion reactor plant. As Buster walked by, he quickly recognized the facility. "Hey! That's where my Dad is going to be today!" "Really?" Bumblebee asked. "Yes! I need get over there and tell him about everything that's happened!" "But whether or not he'll believe you is the question" Optimus said. "Of course he'll believe me!" Buster protested. "He's my Dad! Besides, he's an energy scientist, so he might be able to help you guys make that fuel you need!"

"Highly unlikely," Washu yawned as she entered the area. "No, make that impossible." "And just how do you know?" Buster asked angrily. Washu just giggled, seeming to enjoy Buster's annoyance. "My dear, it is an undeniable fact that I'm the greatest scientific mind in the galaxy, and that I labored for hours last night trying to duplicate Energon, but to no avail. And if I can't do it, then no one can!"

In an outburst of rage, Buster nearly lunged at the red head to strike her, but was cut off as Ryoko materialized in front of him. The demoness grabbed him tightly by the shoulders, and though he struggled, her strong grip and the stern gaze of her amber eyes quickly silenced him. She brought her face up to his. "Don't let her get to you, kid," she whispered with a smile. "To tell you the truth…Washu only likes to think she's the greatest mind in the galaxy! I bet you your Dad is just as smart or even smarter than she is! So go on and see him, and bring him back! Hell, I'm sure he'd love to meet Washu!" Buster calmed down, and Ryoko let him go.

Buster looked up at Optimus. "Even if he can't help, I still have to let him know I'm okay!" "And even if Energon can't be duplicated, as Washu says," Prime said, "the fact that he's an energy expert makes him a potential target for the Decepticons!" "If that's the case," Ironhide piped in, "then we need to got over there as fast as possible and warn the guy!" "I think we should leave that mission to Buster," Optimus said. "Buster, you need to go find your father and bring him back here. This is the safest place for him. And you need to convince him that the plant's reactor can't be activated! If Megatron were to gets his hands on it, the consequences for this planet may be disastrous!" He turned to Bumblebee. "Bumblebee! Take Buster to that plant, and bring him and his father back!"

"Come on, Buster!" Bumblebee said as he transformed. Buster quickly got in. "We need to hurry!" he said. "The plant opens at 10:30! That's a little more than an hour from now! So let's floor it!" "You got it!" Bumblebee replied. The VW zoomed out of the Ark, and the two made their way towards Tokyo. "We're all counting on you, Buster," Optimus said as he watched Bumblebee disappear into the distance.

******

The bus doors swung open and all the students onboard rushed off-all except for Tenchi, Hirao, and Amagisaki. The three sat there at the back, sweating, as Bulma stood over them, her arms crossed and fire in her eyes. "Now," she snapped. "Are you three gentlemen ready to tell me the real reason you don't have your project?!" "That is the real reason we don't have it, ma'am!" Tenchi said. "It's the truth, ma'am, before heaven it's the truth!" Hirao added. "You've got to believe us, Ms. Briefs!" Amagisaki pleaded.

"Shut up!!!" Bulma roared, forcing the three to cringe. "I am sick of you boys and your lousy, kindergartner excuses! 'Oh, I don't have my homework, teacher, because I got attacked by a giant robot!' You boys must think I'm REALLY stupid if you expect me to believe a story like that! But you know what? I don't care what you think anymore! You all fail! F's! Got it? F, F, F!"

Serena and her friends watched in amazement as the bus shook from side to side with Bulma's verbal rampage. "Oh, poor guys!" Amy exclaimed. "I feel so sorry for them, having to deal with Ms. Briefs after forgetting their project!" "I more interested in why they forgot it, Amy," Rei said. "Yes," Serena added. "Did you guys hear what their excuse was?" "No, Serena, what was it?" Mina asked. "They said they were attacked by giant, transforming robots!" "Just like those things that hit the power plant?" Amy gasped. "No, the ones they described turned into cars," Serena replied. "When two different but similar incidents like that happen in the same day, you know something's up! We going to need to keep our guard up, Sailor Scouts! Be ready for anything!"

The tremors on the bus came to a halt, and the door opened again. Bulma walked out with a warm smile on her face, followed by Tenchi and his friends, who all looked as though they had had a gun pulled on them. "Man, could this day get any worse?" he moaned. "Oh Teeenchiiii!" Serena lovingly called out. Tenchi's face fell. "Apparently it can!"

"So what do you think of the building, Dr. Witwicky?" Noboyuki asked. Sparkplug Witwicky, a slightly pudgy man in his early fifties with brown hair and eyes, nodded in approval at the cream colored building with a black domed top. "I think it's excellent, Mr. Musaki" he replied. "You really think so?" Noboyuki asked with excitement. "Yes, in fact I think you should design the ones we're planning for Osaka and Sydney!" "Oh wow! That would be a great honor, doctor!" The two shook hands. "Well, it's time for my big speech. I'll see you soon, Mr. Musaki!" Dr. Witwicky headed for the podium in front of the plant, where already a mass of reporters and spectators had gathered. "Oh, thank goodness!" Noboyuki thought. "With the money from these contracts we can finally get out of debt, send Tenchi and Sasami to college and have a fortune in retirement money! Oh, life is good!"

A band was finished playing its tune, and hundreds of cameras flashed as Dr. Witwicky went to the podium. "Good morning, ladies and gentlemen!" he began. "Today marks the beginning of a new era for the planet Earth. After decades of using wasteful and dangerous energy sources such as coal, oil, and nuclear fission power, and with severe disappointments in the effectiveness of solar and wind power, we finally have a safe and highly effective electricity source!"

******

"Hurry up!" Buster exclaimed as glanced at his watch. "It's after 10:30 already!" "Well Buster, we'd be moving along faster if you didn't make me stop at those color-changing lights," Bumblebee replied. "You have to do it, Bumblebee. It's the law." "Then couldn't we just kindly ask them to change to green?"

Buster raised an eyebrow. "Uh, I don't think that would make much difference, Bumblebee." They approached a red light. "We should at least try, Buster! I'm sure if we explained our situation, the light would gladly change for us! Here, we'll ask this one." He came to a stop. "Excuse me, sir," he said to the stoplight. "My friend and I have an emergency, and we must get to our destination as quickly as possible! If you could be so kind, sir, as to change to green so that we may go on." Buster rolled his eyes. "Bumblebee, the stoplight isn't…" The light then changed to green. "Thank you, sir!" Bumblebee said to the light as he sped off. "See, Buster? Being polite and asking goes a long way."

They made a few more turns and talked to another stoplight before they found themselves on the main avenue, heading towards the plant. "There's too many people up there! Here, stop up ahead and I'll get out and warn my Dad!" Bumblebee pulled up behind a bus, and Buster got out. "And remember," Buster said as he got out, "don't transform unless it's absolutely necessary!"

Buster dashed through the crowd, desperate to get to his father. Ahead he saw a long blue ribbon and a young, attractive blonde in a pink dress with a giant pair of scissors nearby. "Oh no! They're about to cut the ribbon! And that means they're about to turn on the reactor! I've got to stop them!"

"Oh Tenchi, come on!" Serena teased as she held him in a bear hug. "Excuse me!" Buster huffed as he shot past them. "What the…" Tenchi gasped. "Buster?"

"…and so without further ado, I hereby open this plant!" Sparkplug finished. The blonde the ribbon and the crowd went into a roar of clapping. "Dad!" Buster desperately called out. "Huh?" Sparkplug grunted, then saw his panicked son running towards him. "Buster?"

"Dad! Stop!" Buster cried again as he rushed onto the podium, shoving the security guards aside. "Son, what are you doing here?" Sparkplug asked. "What's this all about?" "Dad! You can't turn on the reactor!" "What? It's already been activated! Son, what's…" "Then you have to come with me, now!" Buster gasped. "Son, what in God's blazes is going on here?" Sparkplug demanded. "Go with you where?" "To the Ark, it's the only way to keep you safe from the Decepticons!" "Decepti-what?" "Come with me and I'll explain everything, please!" Buster pleaded. "Get a hold of yourself! Settle down and explain yourself!"

Buster looked up at the sound of jet engines, and his eyes widened in fear. "Dad, run!" "What?" he exclaimed, and looked in the direction of Buster's gaze. To his shock, three F-15's, a MiG-25 and a space shuttle were diving towards the plant, pulling up and thundering over the panicked crowd, flying just feet above the ground. They shot past the plant area, then sharply turned around. As they passed over the plant again, the lead F-15 opened its canopy, and a large P-38 handgun, a boom box, and several large cassettes jumped out. Likewise, the shuttle opened its hatch and released a white Chevrolet Camaro and a blue Pontiac Firebird.

"Decepticons, transform!" the P-38 yelled, unfolding into the gigantic robot mode of Megatron. The crowd let out a scream terror as the Decepticons landed in front of the plant, hitting the ground with thunderous clanks. Megatron raised his fusion cannon into the air and fired, further adding to the panic.

"Those are the same robots we fought!" Rei exclaimed. "Come on, Sailor Scouts!" Serena said. "We need to get somewhere and transform, fast!" "Where do you girls think you're going?" Bulma screamed, getting in front of them. "We were just…" Serena began. "Just running off with the risk of getting killed? No way! Not on my watch young ladies!" She pulled out her cell phone and began to dial. "Listen class! The best chance we have is to stay here and wait! I'm calling for help!" "From who?" Rei asked. "Just trust me!" Bulma said fearfully as she held the phone up to her ear. "Oh, dear God, Vegeta please be home!"

"Silence!" Megatron roared as he fired his fusion cannon again. His voice was as loud and powerful as a jet engine, and the panicked masses went stiff, petrified with fear and cowering, while a few brave TV crews had their cameras focused on the alien robots. "I am Megatron!" he bellowed. "I am the leader of the Decepticons, a race of robots from the planet Cybertron, and the future masters of this world! We Decepticons are in need of energy, and are hereby taking this power plant's fusion reactor to serve our energy needs! We also seek the one who created this reactor!" He pointed at Sparkplug. "You! Dr. Sparkplug Witwicky!"

"Me?" he said, shocked. "Yes!" Megatron continued. "Our monitoring of your primitive visual transmissions has allowed us to identify you as the inventor of this reactor! And my chief science officer has explained to me that adapting your invention for our own purposes would be much faster if your knowledge was available! So you're coming with us!"

"No!" Buster shouted. "Dad, run for it!" "I think that's a good idea, son!" The two jumped off the stage and ran. "Soundwave, stop them!" Megatron ordered. Soundwave opened his chest. "Laserbeak, pursue and capture Dr. Witwicky!" The tape soared out and transformed into bird mode, then rocketed after Sparkplug. "Come on Dad, we can make it!" Buster encouraged as they continued to head for the crowd. "How can I capture the doctor with that other annoying flesh-bag in the way?" Laserbeak squawked angrily.

The metal bird fired his lasers at Buster, and the explosions sent him flying, landing on his back and not moving. "Oh no!" Sparkplug gasped. "Son!" Before he could reach his fallen child, Sparkplug found himself being lifted up in the air by Laserbeak. He screamed in fear as the Cassette robot swooped back towards Megatron, dropping him into the Decepticon leader's massive black hand. "Excellent work, Laserbeak!" Megatron said. "Now, good doctor, we must find a safe place to keep you while we remove your reactor!"

"I will gladly take up that duty, almighty Megatron!" Starscream offered. Megatron reluctantly handed Sparkplug over to the jet robot, who placed him in the bubble-canopy cockpit in his chest.

*****

"Optimus! We got a code red!" Sunstreaker shouted. "The fusion reactor plant?" Optimus asked. "You betcha!" Sunstreaker replied. "They just captured Dr. Witwicky and their starting to extract the reactor! And it looks like Megatron's brought along every bot he has to do it!"

"That place is more than 60 miles away!" Wheeljack said. "Even if we went at top speed we'd never make it in time!" "Then leave the transportation to me!" Washu said with the snap of her fingers, and brought up her holo-computer. "Being such a scientific genius," she said as she typed, "one of my inventions was a subspace wormhole, able get folks from one place to another instantaneously!" The Autobots watched in amazement as giant, purple opening appeared right outside the Ark. "Unfortunately, its range is limited. It will open up several blocks away from the fusion plant."

"It's better than nothing!" Optimus said. "Ultra Magnus, we need to move out immediately!" "Understood, Optimus!" Magnus replied. "Autobots, transform!" Ultra Magnus transformed into sixteen-wheeled car-carrying truck, and the other Autobots followed his lead. "It's been fascinating watching these creatures on television," Skids said as he transformed into a Mazda minivan. "So it should be even more enlightening to observe them in their natural habitat!"

"Time to finish trashin Runabout and Runamuck!" Ironhide exclaimed as he transformed. "Well, with our current Energon levels, let's hope we don't get trashed ourselves!" Wheeljack added, transforming into a Mitsubishi racecar. "Hope you don't mind if we join you," Sideswipe said as he and Sunstreaker came up behind them, both transforming into Lamborghini Diablos.

Meanwhile, Prowl was busy talking with Smokescreen, Tracks, Roadbuster and Whirl. "As generous as Washu has been, even now," he whispered to the four, occasionally glancing at the scientist, "I still don't trust her, or that Ryo-Ohki creature. And I especially don't trust Ryoko! I want you four to stay here and keep a close eye on them." "But how are you going to explain that to Prime?" Tracks asked. "He already trusts them." "I've got a plan."

Prowl then ran over to Optimus. "I'm leaving those four to help with the repairs, Optimus." "Good thinking, Prowl!" Prime replied. "The sooner we get the Ark's systems back online, the better!" "You boys better hurry!" Washu said cheerfully. "I can't keep the portal open for long!" "Let's move, Prowl!" Optimus said. "We don't have much time!" The two transformed. "Autobots!" Optimus called out. "Roll out!"

Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Prowl led the Autobot cars into the portal, disappearing into the purple field. Sandstorm flew out in his helicopter form and followed in, and Warpath quickly abandoned his post and treaded along into the wormhole. A second later, the field slowly closed in and vanished.

Washu looked at Ratchet and Perceptor. "Well," she said. "Now that that's out of the way, how'd you boys like to take part in a little experiment?" The two looked down at her with surprise. "An experiment?" Ratchet asked. "What kind?" Washu grinned. "Well, first…tell me about these five bodies you have."

******

Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw were busy smashing through the building to get to the reactor, while Astrotrain waited and the other Decepticons watched the crowd, their weapons fixed on it so the terrified onlookers didn't try anything. Buster was still lying unconscious on the ground, but the people were too frightened to help him. As was the case with Bumblebee, still parked behind the bus in his vehicle form. "I need to help Buster," he thought. "But I don't know if can reach him and not get blasted to pieces by the Decepticons! If they could only get distracted for a few seconds…"

"Dammit, pick up!" Bulma squealed tearfully as the other end continued to ring. "Roshi, Krillin, Oolong, somebody! Please pick up! It was bad enough that Vegeta is out, but someone has to be at Kame House!"

"Tenchi!" Noboyuki shouted as he spotted his son with the other school kids, and rushed over towards him. "Dad?" Tenchi gasped. "Oh thank God you're safe!" he exclaimed as he threw himself around the boy. "Son, please tell me you have the sword! Am I right?" Tenchi collapsed. "Oh…no…" he moaned. "I forget it…again!"

"Will you two shut up!" Bulma screeched. "I'm trying to make a call! Oh, hell! Those idiots are never going to pick up!" She then began to dial another number. "I know! I'll call Gohan! He'll be able to help me out!" "Hey! Let me use that, lady!" Noboyuki said as he reached for her phone. "I need to call some people fast!" "So do I, pal! So butt out!" "These people can save us!" "So can this guy!" "Well, these people can do it better!" "You might think so!"

"What's taking those four scrap heaps so long?" Megatron snapped impatiently as he watched the four cassette robots tear through the building. "Perhaps the process would be faster if I added more workers, my lord?" Soundwave asked. "Then do it!" Megatron roared. "I'm sick of waiting! I want that reactor found and removed in the next twenty minutes or else!" "Understood," Soundwave replied, and opened his chest. "Beastbox, Slugfest, eject and assist in finding the reactor!" A red tape and a green tape flew out and transformed as they landed. The red one turned into robotic ape with a pair of shoulder-mounted cannons, and the green one became a small metal stegosaurus, and both began to pound away at the facility.

Megatron then turned his attention to the crowd, and quickly noticed Bulma and Noboyuki arguing with each other. The sight made him furious. "I am Megatron, the mightiest force in the universe! Feared by all, famed for power and brutality! The mere sound of my mighty voice makes the bravest of warriors tremble with fear! And here, these two powerless flesh creatures, these germs, have the audacity to speak amongst themselves with no acknowledgement of my presence! They dare to chatter as if I, the ultimate warrior and lifeform, are not here!"

"Thundercracker!" he shouted in rage, and pointed to Bulma and Noboyuki. "Bring me those insolent fleshlings! I'll them what happens to those who refuse to acknowledge the mighty presence of Megatron!" "Of course, sir," Thundercracker reluctantly obeyed.

"Will you please let me call my father-in-law!?" Noboyuki wailed. "Shut up!" Bulma snapped. "It's ringing! Oh, God, Gohan please pick up!" The other end of the line continued to ring for several more seconds, and then picked up. "Hi, this is Gohan" Gohan's voice said on the other line. Bulma let out a massive sigh of relief. "Gohan! Thank God…" "I can't come to the phone right now, but if you leave your name and number, I'll get right back to you!" The infuriating message was followed by a beep. "If they're not home, give it to me!" Noboyuki shouted as he reached for Bulma's phone. "No!" she protested, trying to hold back the desperate architect.

Their wrestling of the phone came to a halt as a pair of giant shadows fell over them and the people around them began to sound more panicked than before. The two slowly looked up to find Thundercracker and Skywarp coldly staring down at them. Thundercracker's stare then became a threatening scowl. "You two dare to speak in the presence of Megatron without his permission?" he growled as he reached for the two. Noboyuki fainted as the Decepticon's giant metallic blue hand approached them, and as it came right on top of the two, Bulma left Gohan one clear, simple message. "Gohan, HELP!!!"

She dropped her phone as Thundercracker shoved the two terrified humans into his cockpit and sealed the canopy.

"I don't know what has Thundercracker and Skywarp distracted," Bumblebee thought. "But now's my chance!" The Autobot quickly transformed and leaped over the startled human onlookers-and it wasn't long before the Decepticons noticed. "Hey!" Runabout exclaimed. "It's that the little Autobot bug we tried to squash yesterday!" Runamuck immediately drew his bazooka and targeted the small Autobot. "Well, then, let's finish what we started!"

"Ughn…" Buster moaned, getting up as Bumblebee approached. "Buster!" he shouted. "Are you okay?" "Yeah," he replied. "But what about my…" He was cut off by the whining sound of an approaching missile. Bumblebee quickly grabbed him and transformed, swerving to avoid the missile's impact. "We don't want to repeat yesterday, Buster!" Bumblebee said. "So let's get out of here!" Bumblebee dodged heavy Decepticon fire, which forced to crowd to scatter, running from the area as fast as they could. "Come on, Tenchi!" Amagisaki exclaimed, pulling the young warrior by the collar. "Let's run for it!" "Now's our chance, Sailor Scouts!" Serena said as she and the others moved through the panicked mass. "As soon as we get away from this crowd, we can transform and give these tin cans some payback!"

"Stop that Autobot!" Megatron roared. "He'll try to interfere with our removal of the reactor!" "He's too late, Megatron!" Frenzy said with a smirk. "We've found the reactor, and Buzzsaw's cut it loose!" "And it's quite an artwork," the metal bird said as he landed beside him. "And with the fleshlings evacuating the area," Soundwave added, "we can load it with much greater ease." Megatron grinned. "Excellent!" he exclaimed. "There's nothing that can stop us now!"

They were all distracted immediately by the sound of more laser blasts, and Runamuck let out a panicked scream. "More Autobots are here!" he yelped as he dodged a shot. "Prime!" Megatron hissed.

"Autobots!" Prime said as he led the cars up the avenue, Ultra Magnus and Prowl at his side. "Stop the Decepticons at all costs, but do everything in your power to minimize the damage to human facilities!" "So in other words, attack with everything we got, but hold back?" Ironhide asked. Prime sighed. "Yes."

"Decepticons!" Megatron commanded. "Do not allow the Autobots to interfere with our reactor retrieval! Attack with everything! Show no mercy!" The Decepticons immediately unleashed a hailstorm of laser fire on the incoming Autobots and Megatron took aim at Optimus Prime as he sped towards him. "You survived our encounter on the Ark, Prime," he growled as he armed his fusion cannon. "But this time, you won't be so lucky!" He unleashed a powerful blast at the Autobot leader. As it screamed towards him, the semi quickly swerved to the side, transforming as the shot impacted the road behind him.

The Autobot leader fired his blaster rifle, covering for the other Autobots as they continued to rush onto the plant lawn, transforming and opening fire as they arrived. But the Decepticons didn't make it easy. "No clearance, Auto-brats!" Slugfest snarled, and unleashed a firestorm of some fifty micro-missiles from his spinney back. "Oh no!" Hound gasped as he rolled in. "If those things hit us, we'll be out before the fight has even begun!" He fired the missile mounted in his bed, which soared towards the incoming bomblets. The missile split open and unleashed a swarm of smaller missiles, all of which intercepted and destroyed Slugfest's salvo. "Bulls eye!" the Autobot jeep proudly declared. "Hey, no fair!" Beastbox grunted, and fired his cannons at the Autobot. The shots impacted the jeep's front, shattering his headlights, grill and windshield and violently flipping him onto his back.

"These Autobot pansies need a shakedown!" Rumble snickered as he and Frenzy rushed towards the front line. "Then let's give it too em'" Frenzy laughed as the two activated their pile drivers. The tremors sent the incoming Autobot cars into a dangerous swerve. "Oh dear!" Skids panicked as he slid uncontrollably across the rumbling ground. "It seems my earthen form isn't suited for traversing such violent terrain!" "Neither is mine, Skids!" Bluestreak shouted, swerving from side to side. "Lookout!" The quake sent the two smashing into each other, and Windcharger flipped over the two, hitting the earth front-first. Wheeljack transformed into his robot mode and kneeled down. "Playtime's over, you two!" he shouted angrily, and fired his shoulder-mounted missile. "Now it's time for a little nap!" The missile screeched towards the cassette robots, exploding as came directly above them. A flurry of small, foil-like metallic streamers gentle fell to the earth from the detonated rocket, and sent Rumble and Frenzy into a violent seizure, sparks flying from their bodies. "A little chaff should help you get to sleep!"

A blue and red Toyota Tacoma and a yellow Isuzu tractor-trailer cab speeded towards Soundwave, swerving around laser blasts. The two then transformed into the robot modes of Gears and Huffer, and continued to charge at the Decepticon, their blaster pistols in hand. "Come on, Huffer!" Gears shouted with enthusiasm. "Without Rumble and Frenzy, this tin can is helpless!" "That's where you're fatally mistaken, Autobot!" Soundwave hissed, and opened his chest. "Ravage, Overkill, eject and attack!" The two cassettes flew out and transformed. "I'll knock them down from afar, and we'll both go in for the ripping, Overkill!" Ravage said as he launched a pair of rocket-propelled grenades at Gears and Huffer. "Lookout, Gears!" Huffer warned as he dodged the incoming projectiles. But Gears wasn't quick enough, and one of the RPG's struck him on the shoulder. The Autobot let out an agonizing yelp as the grenade exploded and sent him flying to the ground. "Gears!" Huffer cried, and rushed to his fallen comrade. "Are you alright?" Before the dazed Autobot could answer, the two predator cassettes pounced on both of them.

Mirage fired his laser rifle at Skywarp, but the Decepticon quickly vanished. Skywarp reappeared a few yards behind the Autobot, aiming his rifle at the back of his head. "Sayonara, Autobot!" Skywarp laughed as he fired. Just before the shot made its fatal impact, Mirage disappeared into thin air. "What the…?" Skywarp gasped. He was the struck from behind with a powerful shot to the back. From behind him, Mirage smirked as he watched Skywarp fall face-first to the ground. "Two can play at that game!" he exclaimed.

From the air, Sandstorm had pinned down Astrotrain behind some rubble from the plant. "If I can just move a little more to the left without Astrotrain blasting me out of the sky," he thought as he fired his machine guns at the entrenched triple-changer. "Then I can destroy the reactor, and maybe take of few of those Decepti-creeps with it!" But Buzzsaw wasn't going to give him the chance. The yellow bird soared up towards the Autobot helicopter, firing a blaze of purple laser blasts. "You must be lonely up here, Autobot," he said smoothly, dodging Sandstorm's counter-fire. "So why don't you come down and play with the rest of us?" Buzzsaw flew at Sandstorm at full speed, slicing through his turbine with his razor-edged wings as he passed. Sandstorm's engine exploded, and he began to twirl towards the earth. "Ow! That really smarts!" he grunted. "But I'm not finished yet!" Before he crashed into the ground, Sandstorm transformed into a black and yellow dune buggy, and began driving at top speed the moment he touched down. He swerved to the right to attack the reactor, dodging Astrotrain's fire. "Now to put an end to this!" he shouted.

As he prepared to fire, Sandstorm was slammed in the side by a massive purple blast. The impact crunched the triple-changer's side inwards, and sent him flying into one of the plant's concrete walls. "I think not, Autobot!" Megatron hissed. "It will only end when I put the reactor to full use, and crush you Autobots once and for all!"

******

"Alright Grapple!" Washu exclaimed. "Bring him up!" The orange crane slowly lifted the lifeless Autobot up to the operating table, while Perceptor continued to hook up computers and electronic equipment with the help of Hoist, a dark green Autobot with stubby legs and a blaster in place of one hand. As Grapple placed the body down, Ratchet walked up to the table with a concerned look. Washu immediately noticed it. "What's the matter, Ratchet?" "Well," the Autobot medic sighed in replied. "Number one, we don't know how many are going to be coming back from the battle with serious wounds, and this is taking up precious operating space. And number two…I just don't know if this is ethical!"

"I have to agree with Ratchet on that," Hoist said. "You're basically talking about playing Primus here-raising the dead. I've got serious problems with this experiment of yours, Professor Washu." "Oh, come on boys!" Washu whined. "Where's you're sense of adventure?" "I think I lost it when you gave the exact details of this, Washu" Ratchet replied. Washu shook her head. "Ratchet, Hoist," she said softly, "you need to consider several things. Number one, this experiment can bring back your lost comrades, and make them stronger than ever before! Number two, Grapple and Perceptor here think this experiment is perfectly ethical." She then gave a sly smile. "And number three," she began, turning to Hoist. She widened her eyes and grinned. "Please call me Little Washu!" she pleaded cheerfully.

Roadbuster and Whirl watched the five from the med-bay entrance. They then faced each other, and just shook their heads. After that, the two started to walk towards the bridge. "That Washu is something else!" Roadbuster exclaimed, looking back. "No kidding!" Whirl agreed. "Primus, she seems crazier than me!" "Now there's a scary thought!" Roadbuster added.

Beachcomber, Smokescreen, Tracks, Ryoko and Ryo-Ohki watched the television newscast showing the firefight at the fusion reactor plant. Smokescreen slammed his palm with his fist. "We should be out there helping the others!" he said. "That's it! I'm going out there right now!" "You'll have to wait till after your watch!" Roadbuster said as he and Whirl entered. "How's the fight going?" Whirl asked. "They definitely could use your air support, Whirl," Tracks said. "I just hope Prime's able to stop Megatron," Beachcomber said. "He was definitely able to do it four million years ago." "Yes, but four million years ago we didn't have to run our systems at 50% or less to compensate for a lack of Energon," Tracks said. "I hope that isn't enough to stop Prime," Beachcomber continued. He turned to Ryo-Ohki, who was sitting on his shoulder. "What do you think, little one?" "Meow…"

******

Sideswipe and Sunstreaker fired madly at Laserbeak and Buzzsaw, but the two birds continued to dodge the shots. Buzzsaw made a steep swoop down towards Sunstreaker, and made a long, ripping cut across the Autobot's chest. As Sunstreaker yelled in agony, Laserbeak fired at the Autobot's exposed wound. The pain sent Sunstreaker to the ground, and sent Sideswipe into a fit of fiery rage. He immediately drew a small canister and threw it at Laserbeak as he pulled up. "Polly want a cracker grenade?" he roared. The grenade hit the metal bird and exploded, causing Laserbeak to let out a painful squawk.

"Dance, Autobots!" Blitzwing yelled as he fired another tank round at Bluestreak and Ironhide. The two quickly jumped as the shell impacted the ground. "This is getting ridiculous!" Ironhide grunted. "I'd take this guy out if he'd just ease up with the attacks!" Bluestreak added. Suddenly, a shot hit Blitzwing's side. "Aarghh!" he yelped, and turned his turret towards its origin. "Warpath!" "Why don't you pick on someone your own caliber, Blitzwing!" Warpath challenged as he treaded towards the Decepticon, firing again. Blitzwing shifted his chassis towards the Autobot tank. "My pleasure!"

Starscream and Thundercracker dived towards a group of Autobots in their fighter modes, with their human hostages protesting all the way. "Be careful shooting!" Ultra Magnus told the group. "Dr. Witwicky is being held by Starscream, and Thundercracker is holding two other humans hostage!" "Let me out of here!" Sparkplug screamed, banging against Starscream's canopy. "Don't worry, doctor," Starscream said. "The Autobots won't dare to shoot me down as long as you're inside!" Starscream and Thundercracker unleashed a dozen missiles and bombs onto the Autobots as they pulled up. Trailbreaker quickly raised both of his hands, and a giant orange bubble appeared around the Autobots. The bombs and missiles hit the bubble and exploded, causing no harm to the Autobots underneath.

"Chickening out already, Auto-babies?" Runabout taunted as he and Runamuck fired mercilessly upon Jazz and Cliffjumper. "Well, you can't!" Runamuck added, aiming his bazooka. "Because you've got nowhere to go…other than the scrap heap!" Just as he pulled the trigger, Runamuck was struck by a small but smarting laser blast. "Ow! What the…?" He then saw Bumblebee holding a smoking blaster pistol. "Hey! It's him again!" Runabout exclaimed. "Why you little…" Runamuck growled furiously, and then he and Runabout were both struck by a barrage of laser blasts. "Thanks, Bumblebee!" Jazz shouted as he and Cliffjumper fired on the two Decepticons.

Prime's fist struck Megatron directly under his chin, and sent the Decepticon leader crashing through a wall of the plant. "Feel that, Megatron?" Prime grunted. "That's your wake-up call! I'm not going to let you terrorize the inhabitants of this planet like you did on Cybertron for two million years!" He picked up his rifle and slowly made his way towards the dark, gaping hole he'd sent Megatron flying into. "And I hope you got a good look at that reactor when you pulled it out, because that's the last time you're going to see it! I'll never let you and your thugs get a…"

Optimus was cut off as he was hit with a massive purple blast, knocking his gun out of his hand and slamming him onto the ground. "I don't know what's your bigger weakness, Prime," Megatron said as he exited the hole. "Your righteousness or your overconfidence, though they often seem to be the same at times!" Optimus moaned as he got up, and tried to reach for his rifle. But Megatron fired his fusion cannon again, hitting the Autobot leader directly in his chest and sending him back on the ground. He then fired several more times, tearing up the Autobot leader's chest. Prime let out a cry of agony with each impact, and then screamed in absolute pain as Megatron slammed his heavy foot onto the smoldering wound.

"The pain you feel now," Megatron continued, his robotic voice like ice, "is for humiliating me for two million years! Two million years of guerilla attacks and sabotage! Two million years of assassinating my best generals and officers, but still leaving me with treacherous scrapheaps like Starscream! Two million years of launching surprise attacks on and capturing my cities no sooner than had I won control over one of yours! Two million years of dragging on this conflict, in a victory that should have been mine in a mere decade!"

Optimus, with all the strength he could gather, threw a punch at Megatron. The Decepticon leader grabbed his arm just before he landed it. He stared down at the weakened Optimus with cold, murderous optics.

"Felling a little weak, Prime?" he said icily as pressed down even harder, dark fluid spewing from the Autobot leader's chest. "Maybe you're low on Energon…and don't have any spare rations to refresh yourself!" He squeezed Prime's arm. "Well, I know the feeling. But let me assure you, Energon rations-like the ones we took from your ship-can be really revitalizing!" With a metallic crunch and Prime's painful cry, Megatron crushed and bent Optimus' arm, Energon and sparks flying everywhere.

Megatron threw the maimed limb down and jumped into the air. "Thanks to them, I'm now fully charged for the kill!" he roared, transforming into his handgun mode. He fired four shots at the wounded Optimus, tearing away at his metal body with each devastating impact and causing Prime to scream in total agony.

Megatron laughed at the sight of his weakened, helpless arch-foe, and took aim at Optimus Prime's forehead. "Now, Prime," he hissed gleefully, "it's all over!"

"Lord Megatron!" Soundwave called out as he exchanged fire with Wheeljack and Brawn. "Astrotrain reports that the reactor is secure and ready for transport! I suggest we retreat immediately!"

Megatron returned to his robot form, furious. "Retreat?" he roared. "When we have so many Autobots interfering with our operation, and the perfect opportunity for us to destroy them?" "Well, Megatron" Starscream radioed as he flew over. "We wouldn't be facing so many of these Autobots if we had taken Blitzwing and Astrotrain's lead and destroyed them when we had the chance! Besides, mighty Megatron, after your fierce battle with Optimus Prime, your Energon levels must be very low!" Megatron refused to believe it, but checked his system status anyway. He scowled fiercely at what he saw. His Energon levels had dropped significantly. He still had enough energy to kill Prime, but certainly not enough to fight off all the other Autobots that would undoubtedly attack him were he to do such a thing.

"Alright!" he shouted with extreme discontent. "Decepticons! We have what we came for! Return to Deceptifortress!" "Ah, blast it!" Blitzwing cursed, and began to withdraw. "And I was about to finish them all off!" Behind him, Ironhide and Bluestreak lay motionless, and Warpath was on his side with a dented turret and ablaze. Starscream and Thundercracker swooped down on the Autobot lines again, strafing them as the others retreated. Back on the ground, Runabout and Runamuck were hauling the reactor into Astrotrain, when Skywarp materialized in front of Soundwave, who had gathered his Cassettes together. "We must hurry, Lord Megatron!" Soundwave called out.

Megatron looked back down at the mangled Optimus. "You may live today, Prime," he hissed. "But when I become fully recharged with this Fusion reactor, I will show my true power-and it will be the last thing you ever see!" He kicked Prime once more, then walked over to Skywarp, who immediately began to transform into his fighter mode. He, Soundwave and the Cassettes also Transformed and landed themselves in Skywarp's cockpit, just before the canopy closed and the Decepticon jet took off, with Starscream, Thundercracker, and the two Triple-changers following close behind.

In Starscream's cockpit, Sparkplug was violently banging against the canopy. "Let me out of here you overgrown bucket of bolts!" "Sorry, doctor," Starscream replied mockingly, "but that's not part of our airline service!"

As he watched the ground vanish, he could see Buster running across what remained of the plant. "Son!" he cried.

Buster raced across the plant grounds, fruitlessly chasing the Decepticon seeker that held his father hostage. "Dad!" he cried desperately before stumbling to the ground. He quickly got up, only to see Starscream heading off in the distance. "Dad! Nooooo!!!"

Next Time:

There's a hostage crisis at Deceptifortress! With Sparkplug, Bulma, and Noboyuki being held at blaster point, our three human prisoners are forced to do Megatron's sinister bidding! Their only hope is the combined efforts of Sailor Moon, Sailor Minimoon, Tuxedo Mask and Brawn to break in and get them out! Will they succeed? See the next exciting issue of The Anime Universe-Transformed! to find out!