Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Pearls of Experience ❯ Chibiusa ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Trigun or Sailor Moon

Sharem: Hi everyone…^_^ I know, I have other stories that I need to finish but this one just wouldn't leave my mind. This is my first story in the Sailor Moon Crossovers section and the story takes place after the end of both anime.

IMPORTANT! I just started a group for my stories…If anyone is interested in getting updates of my stories and discuss them at length, please join my group…^_^ The link is in my profile…^_^

Pearls of Experience

Chapter Six - Chibiusa

"Ch-Chibiusa?!?" Ami exclaimed in disbelief. "How…how…how did you get here? You disappeared on us…"

The pink haired girl giggled a little and kept hugging the blue haired woman. "I know…but Puu and Mommy said that I had to leave," Chibiusa answered, her crimson eyes seemingly sad for a moment. "Puu sent me through the Time Gates and said that I would meet up with you."

The former senshi returned the princess' hug fiercely, tears streaming down her face. "Oh Small Lady…we feared you were kidnapped…or dead…"

"I…I know, Lady Mercury," the princess replied sadly. "I…also…know that it seemed like I was gone for centuries to you, but to me, I just left. Puu and Mommy told me what was going to happen…and that you will take care of me like a mommy."

Ami kept her hold onto the pink haired girl, almost not believing that Chibiusa was really there. "There will be no doubt about that, little one," the blue haired doctor whispered into her charge's ear. "I will take care of you as if you were my own child."

"Yay!" Chibiusa exclaimed happily, squeezing the doctor hard. "Can I call you Ami-chan then?"

"Of course you can," Ami gladly answered, carefully extricating the girl from her neck and took in a deep breath. "You hug hard, little one. What would you want to be called? Chibiusa, Usagi…what?"

The small princess thought for a moment and grinned at her new surrogate mother. "I wanna be called Chibiusa so I can remember where I am from and who I was and will be," she stated wisely. "Can my full name be Usagi Tsukino Chiba Mizuno? That way, I can honor you as my new mother."

The doctor nodded at her newly adopted daughter, pleased that Chibiusa wanted to use her family name of Mizuno. "Come on inside, sweetie, and I'll see if there is anything left over from dinner."

"Are there any donuts?" the pink haired girl asked innocently.

Ami stifled a laugh and grinned at the girl. "Little one, there is someone living in this house that loves donuts just as much as you or Usagi. It would be lucky if there are any donuts left." She then led the pint-sized senshi inside the darkened house and into the kitchen. She turned the light on and sat the girl at the table while she searched the refrigerator for something to snack on. The doctor smiled as she pulled out a bowl of macaroni and cheese and a small cupcake.

"Here, you eat this in here while I go set up the room you will be sleeping in," Ami replied, her eyes shining. Chibiusa nodded as she began to eat the meal the blue haired woman put in front of her.

The former senshi left the little girl in the kitchen while she walked up the stairs and opened a door to one of the empty rooms on the second floor. She glanced around it a bit and went over to a dresser. She took out bed linens and a blanket from the dresser and set about fixing the room.

'This will have to do until I can get things that will suit Chibiusa's personality and temperament,' Ami thought to herself as she finished fixing the bed. She opened the window to let in fresh air and glanced about the room one more time before going back to the kitchen.

As she walked by Knives' room, the former senshi heard sounds of moaning. Knowing from the one previous experience, she knew that her patient was having a nightmare. Carefully and quietly, she opened the door and went over to the prone Plant. She sat on the side of the bed and ran her hand through his hair. Knives' moaning slowed down and his breathing became easier, more relaxed. Once she knew that her patient will no longer have any more nightmares, she stood up from the bed silently and left the room to go back to her adopted daughter.

Knives was curled up in a fetal position, his eyes closed and wracked with some nameless fear. Sweat was pouring off of his face as he tried to deal with this debilitating emotion. Suddenly, silvery blue light flashed through his mind's dreamscape and the fear dissipated. He opened his eyes to see a bright and sunny meadow with flowers and trees everywhere. Butterflies were flying everywhere but the strangest thing he saw was a tall, crystal-like structure in the distance.

'What is this place?' he thought to himself as he found himself drawn towards the structure. He was probably about halfway there when he spied two shadowed figures off to one side. He could not see them clearly and therefore, he could not make out their faces. The voices were heard clearly, however.

"The butterfly is pretty, Lady Mercury," a child-like voice giggled. "Is everything like a butterfly?"

"No, it isn't," a grown woman's voice answered. "Butterflies do not have the long life spans that we as a member of the Silver Millennium have. We are beings that live outside of time."

"We live outside of time? But I get older; I get bigger as I get older…" the child's voice stated, obviously curious and feminine sounding.

"I know that, Small Lady," the woman's voice answered gently. Giggling from the girl's voice was heard. "Of course you will get bigger as you get older, but once you turn eighteen years of age, your body will stop aging."

"Will that mean I won't ever die?" the girl-child's voice asked.

A gentle sigh was heard from the taller of the two shadowed figures. "We may not age, but we can still die, little princess. Remember when the Black Moon family attacked? Some people did pass on."

"I remember," the girl's voice replied softly. "We may live outside of time, but we can be killed is what you meant…right, Lady Mercury?"

Before Knives could hear the rest of the conversation, another flash of light shaded his icy cerulean eyes. He then found himself in a strange place that appeared to be formless and mist flowing everywhere. He shook his head for a moment and then saw a silver glow in front of him. It had a female shape and angel-like wings.

"I am sorry, but I cannot allow you to see the rest of this memory," the angel uttered in a dignified tone.

The tall Plant glared at the angel and tried to push his way beyond the silver being, but nothing happened. "Why not?" he asked in a spiteful voice. "If this is my dream, I should be allowed to see everything!"

The angel appeared to smile sadly at the blonde man and shook her head. "I'm sorry, Knives…but as I had stated, I cannot allow you to see that memory. I can tell you that it is not a memory of yours."

The Plant took a step back, startled that the angel knew his name. 'Wait a moment, that voice…it's so familiar…' he thought as he gazed at the angel again. "Re…Rem?" he asked incredulously as he finally noticed the familiar dark hair of the former mentor of his and Vash's.

The angel's face became clear and smiled tenderly at Knives. "Yes, it is I. I have watched over you and your brother for so long. Vash has become a strong and wonderful man, but you…I believe that there is still hope within you, my child. Just remember…I loved both you and your brother equally…"

"No! Wait!" Knives cried out as the Rem-angel dissolved into a sea of stars. "Rem!"

"REM!" the tall Plant called out, sitting up suddenly in his bed, wide awake. He glanced around his room wildly; his body was tingling from the dream he just had. He took in several deep breaths, trying to calm himself down. He could not believe the dream he just had; it was not something he usually would dream about.

Knives glanced out the window and realized that it was still night. He scowled a little, knowing that he would be having a hard time trying to fall back asleep. He carefully swung his legs over the bed and gingerly tried to stand up. He smirked slightly as he stood up because he did not have much pain.

'That human doctor did say she was going to take out my stitches in my legs and left arm,' he thought to himself as he slipped on the sandals Ami had left for him. Feeling a slight chill in the air, he grabbed a linen robe that was hanging on the side of the bed and put it on. Trying to be as silent as possible, the tall Plant left his room and stood at the top of the stairs. He was about to put a foot on the top step when he heard some voices below.

"Lady Merc…I mean Ami-chan, are you sure that there aren't any donuts?" Chibiusa complained as she giggled slightly.

Ami smiled gently at the pink haired girl and playfully pulled on the pink tresses. "Chibiusa, we already searched the kitchen cabinets and the cookie jar and there weren't any left. Unless Meryl, you will meet her in the morning, hid the donuts, we are all out."

Knives held his breath for a moment and quickly went back into his room, not wanting the two people he heard to see that he was awake. He left the door slightly ajar when the sounds of footsteps were heard on the stairs. He peeked through the open crack and saw the blue haired doctor with a small child, probably around the age of nine, with cotton-candy pink hair and crimson eyes. (AN: I'm just guessing the age of Chibiusa at the end of Stars.)

'The little spider is unusual in her appearance,' Knives thought as he kept watching Ami and Chibiusa. He saw the doctor lead the girl into an empty bedroom and heard them say goodnight to one another.

"Good night, little princess," Ami told the little girl, her voice soft and tender. "You sleep well and be mindful of your dreams."

Chibiusa gave the former senshi a hug and went into her new bedroom. When she closed the door, Ami stayed in front of the door and smiled kindly. "I'm glad that you're here, Small Lady…" she whispered as she turned to go into her bedroom. She twirled around when she heard a door close. It was so quiet, Ami almost missed the sound. She knew that it was from the direction of Knives' room. Being curious, she walked over to the door and carefully opened it as she peered inside the room.

Knives did not feel like conversing with the blue haired human and closed his eyes, pretending to be asleep. His control over his anger was slipping slightly as he heard the woman walk into the room and open the window. He heard her say something that the air was stale in the room and that he needed to have some fresh air. He was about to growl at her to leave when he felt her sit down at the edge of the bed. His body stiffened slightly when he felt a hand run through his hair for a moment.

Ami stared at the man 'sleeping' on the bed when she touched his light blonde hair gently. She ran it through her fingers before pulling back. "I suppose that I was just hearing things," she replied quietly, but Knives was still able to hear her. "I hope you are sleeping better…you were having a nightmare earlier. I know that you would not normally listen to me talk, but right now, you are the only person I can talk to. Why? Vash is just too silly, Nick is too protective, Millie is too giddy and happy, and Meryl is too serious. Also, since you are sleeping, you can't insult me right now.

"Someone…from my past showed up tonight…someone I never thought that I would ever see again. Her name is Chibiusa. She is a sweet girl and I am adopting her as my daughter. Maybe, someday, I will be able to tell everyone everything about me and Chibiusa and our shared past. I hardly think that you would believe any of what I would have to say, though. You are so cold and aloof and untrusting of humankind. Something bad must have happened to you so long ago to make you hate humans the way that you do.

"When I first met Nick, he was afraid that I would not want to be his friend because of his past. You know what I said to him? 'I can sense that you have a good soul and that what you have done in the past is over and gone. The past will remain in the past.' That is what I said to him. There is no point in dwelling on the past if it only brings you nothing but pain and misery."

Ami stood up from the bed and glanced at Knives before heading for the door. She sighed softly as she opened the door and left the room, leaving her patient to ponder the doctor's words. When the door closed once more, the Plant sat up and stared in the direction she had left. What the doctor was speaking about did not really make any sense to him and it made him a little angry that he was confused.

'Tomorrow…I'll kill her after she takes the stitches out. I do not like being confused. But…if I remember correctly, that little brat almost called the spider doctor Lady Mercury. That was a name from my dream…'

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was bright and sunny as the morning sun made its way across the lightening sky. The newest arrival to the house woke up and grinned as she found a brush and brushed out her pink hair. She put it up in her trademark hairstyle with the pigtails and dressed in a pair of jeans and a pretty pink shirt. Chibiusa giggled as she pulled out a pair of boots from her subspace pocket and put those on as well. She grinned as she saw money in her pockets and realized that Puu must have known the little princess' destination and thought to give her money.

She left her room and ran down the stairs, determined to do something nice for her adoptive mother, Ami Mizuno. She grinned as she realized that she could go into the town by herself and buy up the donuts that she wanted and maybe get something nice for her friend. She skipped out of the house, feeling happy. She hummed a tune that she knew her mother used to sing to her as a baby.

Chibiusa explored the sleepy little town for a couple of hours, watching the shops open and people start to mill about. The people who were about were curious about the strange little girl walking in their midst. She smelled the delicious odors of pastries and donuts being made and nearly ran to the bakery, following the scent. The pink haired girl was outside the shop, nearly drooling over the sweets she saw in the window when she felt someone next to her. It was a boy about her age with messy brown hair that sort of covered his eyes.

"You're new," the boy stated, watching the pink haired girl as he fingered the cast on his arm. "When did you get here?"

Chibiusa tilted her head to the side for a moment, studying the boy in front of her. "I got here last night," she stated proudly. "I'm staying with my adoptive mom."

"Who is your mom?" the boy asked bluntly. "I know everyone in this town."

"Doctor Ami Mizuno is my mom," the little princess answered, feeling a little annoyed at the boy but remained friendly. "I'm Usagi Tsukino Chiba Mizuno, but you can call me Chibiusa. All my friends do."

The boy suddenly grinned; the hair that was blocking his eyes was swept away from a gust of wind. They were a shade of emerald green. "So you're Doctor Ami's kid? COOL!" he exclaimed loudly, drawing looks from passersby. "See, Doctor Ami fixed up my dad when he got shot and she put this cast on my arm. I'm Chad Lowery, by the way. Wanna go play?"

Chibiusa grinned and nodded. "Sure, I'll play with you, but I want to get donuts for Ami-chan first."

Chad practically jumped up and down with hyper energy when the pink haired girl agreed to play. "Hey, I'll help you with the donuts. Doctor Ami has people living with her and one of them eats donuts everyday. Then we can go play?"

The small princess giggled as she led the boy into the bakery and looked around. She practically drooled at all of the varieties the shop had and did not know which ones to get. She took a look at the money in her pocket and beamed happily.

"What can I get for you?" the baker asked as he noticed the two children in the shop. He recognized the boy, Chad, but not the pink haired girl.

Chibiusa stepped forward and placed a wad of money on the counter. "I would like three dozen glazed donuts, three dozen chocolate covered donuts, three dozen cream-filled ones and one dozen chocolate donuts with rainbow sprinkles," she told the baker. "I'm getting these for Ami-chan and her friends. Well, except for the sprinkled ones…those are mine."

Before the baker could ask who her mother was, Chad pointed to Chibiusa and then to his cast. The baker got the idea and smiled gently at the kids as he started to gather the donuts the little girl ordered. He smiled as he thought that Chad finally had a friend his own age.

After the two kids got the pastries, they headed over to Ami's house. Chibiusa was carrying three of the four donut boxes while Chad was carrying the box with the sprinkled donuts. As soon as they entered the dwelling, the pink haired girl led her new friend into the kitchen and set the boxes down on the kitchen table. The brown haired boy started telling the girl about the story of the town and the people who lived there.

The little princess giggled as Chad told her the tale of his arm getting broken when he tried to ride his wild Thompson. Just as she was about to open her box of donuts, a rather tall man with golden blonde hair and aquamarine eyes entered the kitchen. He had a goofy look on his face as he spied the boxes from the bakery.

"DONUTS!" he exclaimed, causing the two children to sweatdrop. He was about to take the box with the sprinkled donuts when Chibiusa grabbed it from the red-coated outlaw and stuck her tongue out at him.

"The ones in this box are mine!" she cried out, trying to hide the box behind her small frame.

Vash finally noticed the children and stopped trying to get the pastries. He recognized the boy as Chad Lowery but he did not know the pink haired girl. He felt a glimmer of strength behind her crimson eyes and wondered who she was. So, he decided to try and be charming.

"Good morning, Chad," the broomstick haired man stated while grinning at both kids. "I see that you got yourself a new friend. And she is such a pretty little thing, too, with those crimson eyes and pink hair. But what kind of hairstyle is that? It looks like you got two pointed meatballs on your head."

Chibiusa mouth dropped open at the strange man. First, he gave her a compliment and then made fun of her hair. She didn't know whether to be angry or amused. She then decided to react the way she would have if she was around a certain blond haired girl from the past.

"At least I don't look like a broomstick," the pink haired girl retorted. "And what's with that look on your face? Are you just as dense as you look?"

The outlaw narrowed his eyes for a moment, and then grinned. "I guess that I do," he replied, humor twinkling in his eyes. "Now that we have insulted each other, may I have the pleasure of the small lady's name?"

The girl rolled her eyes as Chad just laughed from the whole incident. She sighed and held out her hand. "I'm Usagi Tsukino Chiba," she answered as Vash took her small hand in his and shook it vigorously. "But everyone calls me Chibiusa."

The blond plant grinned as he heard the name. "It's nice to meet you, Chibiusa. I'm Vash. Are you Doctor Lady's daughter?"

Chibiusa nodded as she opened a box of donuts and handed it over to the much taller man. "You bet. I arrived here last night when everyone else was asleep. Ami-chan adopted me because…because…" Her eyes began to shine with unshed tears as she realized everything that had happened since Puu sent her to this desert planet. She felt a pair of arms circle her small body and she began to sob uncontrollably.

"Everything will be fine," the soothing voice of Ami replied, cutting through the young girl's sobs. "I'm here for you now, Small Lady."

Chad did not know what was going on so he stayed out of the way. He watched the doctor comfort his new friend and the noticed the bewildered look on the outlaw's face. Unsure of what to do next, he opened up a box of donuts and offered one to the man. Vash looked down at the boy gratefully and snatched the sugary treat. He ate the donut eagerly and soon forgot everything else as he began to devour the contents of that one box.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Sir…I have some interesting news to report."

"What is it, Commander Tidus?"

"I detected an energy spike coming from the planet Gunsmoke. It has similar energy readings as the former Neo-Queen Serenity."

"Interesting, Tidus…very interesting. How much longer before we reach the planet?"

"We will reach the planet in about a month, sir."

"Good…keep the ship on course."

"Yes sir."

[edited with suggestions by hiko-chan]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN: This chapter was mostly about our favorite pink haired princess, Chibiusa…^_^