Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Pearls of Experience ❯ Tidus ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Trigun or Sailor Moon

Sharem: Hi everyone…^_^ I know, I have other stories that I need to finish but this one just wouldn't leave my mind. This is my first story in the Sailor Moon Crossovers section and the story takes place after the end of both anime.

IMPORTANT! I have a group for my stories…If anyone is interested in getting updates of my stories and discuss them at length, please join my group…^_^ The link is in my profile…^_^

Also, Kia Minokoe was the first person to guess correctly about the Wind Rider's identity…so, she will get a role in this chapter…^_^

Pearls of Experience

Chapter Twelve - Tidus

The sky was getting dark as cool winds blew across the desert sands. This made a tall woman with long blue hair scowl for a moment before turning her attention back to the town before her. It was a very small town and she had no trouble in tricking the residents that she was alone and helpless. She sighed for a moment as she headed back to the town. Once she was within the town limits, she felt something and she smiled inwardly.

'Good…little Mercury has taken the bait,' the woman thought to herself as she ignored the people on the street. She headed for a small house on the outskirts and entered it. It had been a week since she came to this godforsaken planet on General Jedite's orders. She had come to hate this planet with a passion and wanted nothing more than to get that blasted Silver Crystal and get off this dust ball.

Tidus went over to a strange looking metal box on table in the living room and pressed a button. "My lord, Sailor Mercury is on her way to a location where I have a group of youma waiting for her," she stated in an emotionless tone, her eyes going cold.

"Well done, Commander," a male voice cackled through the metal box as a three dimensional image of Jedite appeared. "Remember, do not let the Jupiter senshi and those strange males know that you are here."

Tidus bowed her head and sighed. "I'm sorry, my lord, but I know that they are alerted to my presence."

"What!! I told you to keep them busy and learn about those two strange men!" Jedite's hologram screamed. "You were not to alert them to your presence!"

The commander sighed as she reached for the button on the box. "I'm sorry sir…the signal is breaking up," she replied as she pushed it several times in succession. "I'll contact you after I have found all of the shards of the Ginzuishou."

"What! Tidus, you cannot-…" Jedite had screamed just as the hologram flickered and then disappeared into nothingness.

The woman smirked evilly as she pushed the button one final time and turned her back on the metal box. She walked into the kitchen and scrounged around for something to eat as her stomach was beginning to protest from the lack of food. Tidus was about to grab something from the cupboards when someone began knocking on the door. Feeling quite annoyed, the woman left the kitchen to open the door.

"Yes?" the commander asked as she looked around and saw a young girl looking up at her. She appeared to be about thirteen years of age with bright emerald green eyes and shoulder length brown hair with strange red streaks running through it.

The girl smiled at the tall woman and held up a basket filled with breads, cheeses and jellies. "Hi, Mom sent me over to give this to you," she answered happily. "I'm Kiata Marie Minokoe, but everyone calls me Kia."

Tidus groaned inwardly but put on a fake, sugary smile on her face. "Thanks, kid…er…Kia," she thanked as she took the basket from the young girl. "I am a bit hungry and now I don't have to fix anything."

Kia beamed at the tall woman and merrily skipped off the porch, not noticing the woman's glare. As soon as the girl was out of sight, Tidus took the basket of food inside the small house. She nearly slammed it onto the table and grumbled to herself. "These humans…they are so weak and…and annoying," she complained loudly to herself as she looked in the basket and grabbed a piece of cheese. She then started thinking as she munched on the cheese.

'I'm sorry, my Lord Jedite, but after living on this miserable excuse of a planet, I do not want to wait for your arrival. I am grateful that you brought me back to life after being killed by that miserable Moon, Mars and Mercury. However, after I let those youma have their fun with Sailor Mercury, I will kill her with my bare hands!'

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It had been two days since Ami left New Pueblo. She was glad that she had money in her pocket so she would be able to buy food, fuel and a hotel room at night. But she wanted to get to her destination as soon as possible so there wouldn't be any lives lost in her enemy's quest. Tidus…that was a name she had not heard in about two thousand years. She was a female youma that was originally under Jedite's command. She and her friends, Usagi and Rei, helped destroy that woman and prevented her and Jedite from stealing the energy of the cruise ship's guests. (AN: I can't remember the name of the episode where that happened…it was a first season one.)

The blue haired senshi sighed softly as the engine of the jeep she was driving began to sputter. That only meant one thing; the vehicle was about to die and that would leave her stranded out in the desert. She couldn't understand why that was happening because Wolfwood had worked on it the other day. She sighed once again as the jeep made one loud backfiring noise and stopped running altogether. She got out of the jeep and lifted up the hood. She frowned for a moment because there didn't appear to be anything wrong with the machinery.

Ami shook her head a little and then decided to climb one of the sand dunes. It was a rather large one and she had to stop to take a breather every so often. The heat from the twin suns was starting to get to the Mercurian as she finally reached the top of the dune. She was able to see for miles and became relieved as she saw her destination was probably only about five miles away. Deciding to walk the rest of the way to the town, the doctor slid back down the sand dune and rummaged through the jeep. She took out a small backpack that carried a couple of canteens filled with water and some food. She had purchased the items at the first town she came across on her journey to meet her enemy.

Once she walked about a half-mile, the blue haired woman stopped walking. She felt an evil presence close by and she somehow knew that it was probably a youma sent by Tidus. Her shoulders drooped a little when she realized that the jeep was probably tampered with by magic to make her stop at this particular location. She took a look at her surroundings and finally comprehended something. The area was littered with huge boulders and tall, rocky cliffs. It was the perfect place to plan an ambush. Ami put the backpack in a small niche in the cliffs and took out her blue henshin pen.

Just as she was about to call out her transformation phrase, an evil cackle resounded through out the rocky walls of the cliffs. The woman twirled around to see nearly three dozen youma grinning toothily at her. They were all a sickly gray in color and saliva was dripping off of their fangs. Ami felt a little scared because she had never seen this type of youma before and she could sense that they were more powerful than usual. She held onto the pen tightly in her hand and raised it up in the air.

"Mercury Crystal Power, Make Up!" she cried out as the transformation lights glowed and the familiar blue light ribbons enveloped her body. Mere seconds later, Sailor Mercury was standing, her sapphire eyes gleaming with anger but also fear. However, she tried not to show that emotion and let her appear weak in front of the youma.

"Alright, you ugly little beasts, let's get this over with," the Ice senshi murmured as one of the evil creatures ran towards her, its claws drawn out to attack…

Roushuko Ichijin, AKA the Wind Rider, cursed under her breath as she leaned against her motorcycle. They have been trailing Ami for two days and have been unable to catch up to the woman. She felt like she was losing her touch in tracking people down because of this fact. She glanced over at her traveling companions and sighed in exasperation. She had to shake her head whenever the light blonde Plant argued with the pink haired little girl. The bounty hunter sometimes felt like a referee whenever they had their shouting matches.

They had to stop at the moment because both vehicles, the motorcycle and Vash's beat-up jeep, had mysteriously stopped working. Vash checked out the engine and couldn't find anything wrong with it and Roushuko knew nothing was wrong with her bike. She knew that for certain because she would never let anyone else touch her bike.

"Hey, Roushuko, do you have any water?" the Humanoid Typhoon asked the bounty hunter. "I just checked my canteen and it's empty."

The Wind Rider nodded as she opened up a compartment on the motorcycle and retrieved a canteen and tossed it at the gunman. "Here ya go, Vash," she replied, her gaze at the young princess sitting in the jeep in a trance-like state. She then adjusted her sunglasses on her face and made sure that her hat and golden bandana were still on her head snugly. She did not want to let the others know who she was right now.

Vash nodded his thanks as he opened the container and took a small sip of the refreshing liquid it contained. He gazed around the area for a moment and then sighed. "I hope we can catch up to Doctor Lady soon," he said quietly. "For some reason, I feel that she is in danger."

"I agree," Roushuko agreed sullenly as she took the canteen back from the red garbed man. "I think that it has something to do with the shards of the Ginzuishou."

Knives was standing apart from the rest of the group and stared off in the distance, not paying too much attention to the conversation. He felt the danger towards the doctor and knew that something was wrong as well. He closed his eyes and concentrated on the energy he felt flowing within him. Once again, he spied the silvery threads that connected the five of them together thanks to the Silver Crystal. He focused a little harder on the threads and saw that they actually had colors to them. The one that was connected to the spore was pink and the one that connected him to his twin brother, Vash, was red tinged with white. He was curious when he saw the thread that was joined to the bounty hunter was blue and yellow. He thought that it was a little strange. Somehow he knew that the thread connecting him to the blue haired doctor was the same color as her beautiful eyes.

The tall Plant growled at himself when he thought that about the infernal wench. For some reason, thoughts about her had been consuming his thoughts lately and he wasn't sure how to react to that. It made him angry to think that a mere woman could affect as such, especially since she was so much like Rem, the woman who cared for him and Vash so long ago. He bent down and picked up a rock. He studied it for a moment before throwing it away in a violent manner. He watched it arc over a huge sand dune and was surprised when he heard it hit something metallic.

The clanging sound brought Chibiusa out of her trance and stared off in the direction the sound came from. "That didn't sound right," she stated softly as she jumped out of Vash's jeep and started running up the dune.

Knives scowled at the little girl and followed her up the dune. "You shouldn't go off by yourself, you annoying little spore!" he called out to the pink haired pest. He really did not care what happened to the girl but knew that the doctor would be upset if the spore disappeared.

When he reached the top of the dune, he saw that Chibiusa had stopped in her tracks and was gaping at something with wide eyes. He was about to say something when he spied what the girl was looking at. It was the jeep that Ami and Wolfwood shared back in New Pueblo. The Plant waved his hand in front of the girl to get her attention and was rewarded with a glare from her.

"You go get my idiot brother and the bounty hunger," he told the little princess in a low tone. "Do not argue with me, spore. I do not want to hear the wench's complaining if something happened to you when we reach her."

Chibiusa stuck her tongue out at the Plant and would have given him a rude gesture but something stopped her from doing that. She was a princess and princesses do not act crude like that. But this man just seemed to bring out the worst in her, just like her mother from the past. She then grinned as she realized something and then nodded at the man.

"Okay, Mr. Knives…" she complied as she skipped happily down the dune back towards Vash and Roushuko. She mumbled loudly that the Plant was still a moron, but was strangely pleased.

Knives just stared in confusion at the retreating princess and just shook his head. That girl was strange and made his way towards the doctor's jeep. He inspected the vehicle for any clues as to why it was just sitting there without Ami. He then glanced at the ground and saw the woman's footprints in the sand. 'At least we can track her now,' he thought to himself as he looked up. Chibiusa was headed his way with Vash but the bounty hunter was running to his location.

"Did you find any tracks?" Roushuko asked as she ran up to the blonde.

Knives was amazed that this woman was not breathing hard from running up and down the large sand dune and was not sweating from the physical exertion. "Yes, I did," he nodded and pointed to the tracks. "I say that the woman shouldn't be too much farther from us."

The Wind Rider nodded and then glanced back at the approaching forms of Knives' twin and the small princess. "I agree…the tracks appear to be fresh. I wonder if her jeep just stopped running like Vash's…" she mused.

The Plant thought for a moment and then saw some rocky outcrops and cliffs about half a mile away. Ami's tracks went in that direction and then a thought went through his mind. It would be a good place for an ambush…

"I think we better hurry," he replied in a low tone, his icy cerulean eyes flashing. "Her tracks lead towards those cliffs and that would be a good place for…"

"An ambush," Roushuko finished, realization just dawning upon her. If their vehicles, which were in perfect running condition, just stopped for no reason, something had planned for this to happen.

Just then, all four people heard someone yell and flashes of blue light was seen. They knew that there was a fight going on and Ami was in deep trouble…

Sailor Mercury leaned against a boulder after she was hit by an energy blast from one of the ugly youma. She was scratched and cut in several places, blood flowing freely from several of them. Her sailor fuku was also torn in many places as well. She closed her eyes for a moment as she savored the quiet moment. She managed to get away from those evil creatures for a little while and tried to gather her strength. The youma had been relentless in their attacks and she was beginning to get tired. She knew that they were forcing her to use all of her energy reserves but she tried to conserve her major attacks.

A sound of claws scraping on stone made Mercury reopen her eyes and she began backing away from the youma that just appeared. It grinned maniacally as it raised a clawed hand to slash at the woman. The Ice Senshi raised an arm to block the attack when she heard gunshots in the air. The youma twisted its head to see what made the sound. It gave the woman the chance to attack the creature.

"Shine Aqua Illusion!" she shouted she stretched out her hand. Beams of icy water struck the creature, forcing it to stagger away from the senshi. It howled in pain as it dashed towards her once again. Mercury got out of the rampaging youma and tried to scamper up another large boulder. She wanted to get to higher ground so she would have the advantage in defeating this creature. Unfortunately, the youma reached out and grabbed the Mercurian's ankle and dragged her back down to the ground. Just as she braced for the blow, more gunshots were heard and the youma screamed out in pain and it let go of her. Mercury looked up and could not believe what was before her.

Knives was standing there with Vash, both of them were holding their guns out. There was a look of sadness in Vash's aqua eyes but the look in Knives' icy eyes was something different…something dangerous. It made the light-blonde haired Plant seem maniacal, psychotic. It wasn't pleasant in appearance and it scared the senshi for some reason as a shiver went up and down her spine.

Chibiusa came running towards Mercury and gave the woman a hug. Before the girl could say anything, the hairs on the back of the senshi's neck rose. There was something else in the area and it felt very evil. She stood up with the help of the little girl and glanced at the top of one of the cliffs. It was a shadowed figure of a woman and it felt familiar to the Ice senshi.

"Tidus," Mercury whispered as the figure observed the proceedings.

Knives heard the blue senshi's whisper and looked up as well. His eyes narrowed as he saw the figure up on the cliff. He knew that this was the person that made the blue haired woman leave him suddenly. His hand gripped his black gun tightly and he aimed it up at the dark figure. Just as he was about to pull the trigger, he felt a hand grip his arm firmly. He turned to glare at the person who grabbed his arm and was surprised to see that it was Sailor Mercury.

"No," Mercury replied quietly, "bullets will have no effect on Tidus. She is a minion of General Jedite…he's an old enemy of the senshi."

The tall Plant looked angrily at the woman and then at Tidus on the cliff. "I will find out myself if bullets will hurt that wench," he growled in a low tone of voice. He then raised the gun once again and began firing several shots at the shadowy figure.

Tidus gazed down at her intended victim and smirked at both Mercury and Knives. She jumped out of the way of the oncoming bullets and landed on a rocky outcrop that was on the face of the cliff. "That was rather pathetic," she replied in a bored tone and began inspecting her nails. "Are you able to do anything other than use an archaic weapon as a gun? And how can you protect Sailor Mercury with just a gun? Maybe not…you ARE only a human male, after all."

'Oh shit…' Vash thought to himself as he ran up to his twin brother with Roushuko and Chibiusa not far behind. He knew that statement was going to trigger something in Knives…something not good.

"I… Am…Not…HUMAN!" Knives roared, his anger at Tidus becoming a boiling rage. "I am NOTHING like those weak, puny, insignificant SPIDERS! I will KILL you for that!"

He once again raised his black gun at Tidus, but this time his arm began changing. The energy coming from him was different than last time. This time, the power of the Ginzuishou shard was flowing through the arm, mingling with his already strong plant energy.

"No! Knives, wait!" Vash called out but he knew it was too late to stop his brother from using his Angel Arm. He grabbed the blue haired senshi by her arm and the Wind Rider picked up Chibiusa. They began running away from the manic Plant as the energy began to form in a ball in front of hid arm.

When the energy was fired at Tidus, the only thought going on in the bounty hunter's mind was how best to protect the people with her. Suddenly, a silvery glow surrounded them, with the exception of Tidus and Knives, and formed a protective barrier against Knives' attack. When the energy finally died down, Tidus was no where to be seen but was still alive…barely. She had managed to deflect some of the blast, but much of it came through and injured her greatly.

Knives, however, was still standing. His arm was back to normal, except it was still raised up towards the now nonexistent cliff. His anger was still boiling through him at being called a human. He knew that was part of the reason why he had used his arm to attack that evil woman. The other reason why he did that was something that he will not admit to himself, not consciously, however. He finally lowered his arm and turned around to see his brother, the spore and Mercury still alive. He saw the other woman and realized that she was no longer dressed as she was earlier. She was wearing an outfit similar to Mercury.

"Who are you?" he asked as he slowly raised his gun to the newly appeared senshi.

She had short blonde hair and her blue eyes were becoming steel as she gazed at the Plant in front of her. Just as she was about to say her name, a gasp from Mercury was heard.

"Uranus?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN: Another bout of writer's block had hit me…-_- This chapter feels a little rushed to me…^_^;