Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Past Reawakened ❯ Chapter 2: The new student ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Character guide, just in case you people get confused on who is who.

Hikaris:

Yuugi, Ryou, Malik

Yamis:

Yami, Bakura, Marik

/ blah, blah/ = mind link from hikari to yami, Ami to Shadi

\ blah, blah\ = mind link from yami to hikari, Shadi to Ami

Disclaimer: If I own any of them, I would not be writing fics about them, would I?

*************************************************************** ************* **********

Chapter 3

The new student

@@@@ In school, before class @@@@

Yuugi was running late for class. Dashing at top speed, he did not notice the puddle of water in front of him. As a result, he slipped. Anzu and her gang (includes Jonouchi, Honda, etc, etc) were about to taunt at the unfortunate boy, when a hand grabbed Yuugi's arm, preventing him from falling. Yuugi looked up and saw the familiar and friendly face of his cousin. Pulling him up, Ami chided him for not looking at where he was going. Yuugi blushed in embarrassment and nodded sheepishly. Dusting himself off, Yuugi went into class with Ami, leaving Anzu and her group open-mouthed.

Once in class, the teacher had announced that they have a new student. Ami stepped in and faced the class. Introducing her as Yuugi's cousin, the teacher requested Ami to tell the class more about her. Ami smirked inwardly, before saying that she was from Crossroads High School in Tokyo and that she was a certified genius with an IQ of 300. Then, she strolled off the seat she was assigned by the teacher, which so happened to be behind Yuugi, leaving a wide-eyed teacher, half a class in shock and the other half of the class in amazement.

@@@@ During lunch break @@@@

Yuugi was sitting alone at a secluded bench as usual, when Ami went up to him, thrusting a bento box right in his face. Yuugi looked up at his cousin questioningly, before taking the lunch box. Sitting down beside him, Ami took out her bento box and opened it. Yuugi opened his and was surprised to find to it contained his favorites.

Munching on their lunch, Yuugi commented on the incident in class. Ami burst out laughing at the memory of the looks of everyone in class. Only Yuugi knew that Ami is a genius. Anzu and her friends went forward to the two, attempting to make conversation with the new student and resident genius. Ami sensed that Anzu was coming towards them. Turning to Yuugi, Ami requested, " Yuugi, go to cherry blossom trees. I'll meet you there." Yuugi simply nodded and stood up.

Turning to Yuugi's ex-friends, Ami plastered on a smile, "Yes?"

Anzu glanced shyly at the girl she had not seen for the last six years. "Ami, it has been a while."

Ami nodded, "It has, Anzu."

"Do you, ermm . . . want do sit with us?"

Ami smiled, "I'll wait for Yuugi first."

Anzu frowned, "That little runt? I won't be bothered about him. He's just one pathetic boy who desires attention." she snorted.

"You know Anzu, for someone who keeps talking about friendship, I don't think you know a heck about it. And, that 'little runt' you were talking about is MY COUSIN. DO NOT EVER BACKTALK ABOUT HIM BEHIND HIS BACK." Ami retorted icily. "And to think the three of us actually grew up together. I'm really ashamed to actually have such a 'sister' like you."

Turning to Jonouchi, Ami replied, "I certainly hope you DO remember the promise you made to my cousin."

"And if you two would excuse me, I have a lunch date with my cousin." Ami replied coldly, standing up and packing her lunch box, leaving the two of them open-mouthed.

Then, Ami stopped, "And oh yeah, tell Ushio and his gang that they'd better stay at least two miles away from my cousin or I'll castrate them personally."

@@@@ Meanwhile @@@@

Yuugi was waiting patiently at the cherry blossoms for Ami.

"Yuugi?"

Yuugi' head snapped towards the voice.

"Hey, Serenity."

"Waiting for someone?"

Yuugi nodded, "Yeah, my cousin."

"Want to join us?

"Us?"

Serenity nodded, "Kaiba, Malik, his yami, Mai and me."

Yuugi shrugged, "Sure."

When Yuugi arrived at the circle, Mai greeted him, Kaiba snorted, Malik nodded his head in acknowledgement, Marik glared at the hikari. Serenity glared back, "Cut it out Marik, Yuugi has problems himself."

Yuugi looked at Serenity, "How did you know?" he asked.

"Simple, for one thing, you aren't your usual self lately. And second, your eyes reflect sadness, not their usual happiness." Serenity stated matter-of- factly.

Yuugi sighed, "You're right."

Then, he related what happened the last few weeks.

After he finished, surprisingly, it was Marik who responded first, "Nani! First, the pharaoh defeated me, now he turns cold on his light?"

Everyone else blinked, thinking, what the heck, has the world ended?

Then, they heard someone calling out Yuugi's name. Yuugi's eyes widened, "That's my cousin."

"Ami, here." he shouted.

Ami's head snapped towards the voice. Finally noticing him, Ami jogged over to him.

"Err . . . Yuugi? Mind introducing us?" Ami asked.

"Oh yeah." Yuugi blushed, scratching the back of his head, embarrassed.

"Ami, this is Serenity, Mai, Kaiba, Malik, and Marik." Yuugi pointed to the ones he named off. "Guys, my cousin, Ami."

"Hi, I'm Serenity, Jonouchi's sister." said girl put out her hand.

"Pleasure." Ami nodded, taking the hand.

"Mai. Used to be Yuugi's duel opponent, now his friend."

"Seto Kaiba, just call me Kaiba, girl."

"Kaiba, I hope you still remember that I'm from your calculus class."

Kaiba's eyes widened, "YOU!" he exclaimed.

Ami smirked, "Yes, me."

Everyone looked at the static electricity between the two and sweatdropped.

"Err . . Ami, Malik." Yuugi continued, breaking the silence.

Ami broke off eye contact with the teenage CEO and smiled at the blonde Egyptian, causing him to blush.

"And, Marik, Malik's ermm . . . " Yuugi trailed, not knowing how to continue.

"Yami, or darker half." Ami finished.

Yuugi blinked, "How did you know . . ."

"How many people here actually know about the Millennium Items?" Ami asked.

"Only Mai doesn't know." Yuugi replied.

"Okay, Mai, would you excuse us for a moment? This has something that does not concern you. And, can you get Ryou? I'm sure he wouldn't want to miss this." Ami requested.

Mai nodded, and went away.

A few minutes later, Ryou appeared.

Turning to the silver-haired hikari, Ami had requested him to let his yami out. Turning to Yuugi, Ami requested that Yami be let out as well.

After the 2 yamis were out, Ami took a deep breath and continued.

"How should I begin? Marik and Bakura, do you remember the actual holder of the Millennium Scales?" Ami asked, turning to the two yamis.

Marik nodded, "She was a planetary guardian, whose powers were said to be equal to the gods."

Ami smiled and revealed the Millennium Scales.

Bakura's eyes widened, "So, it was you."

"Yes, I was the planetary guardian." Ami confirmed.

"So, why do you appear now, guardian?" Yami questioned.

Ami smiled sadly at the ex-pharaoh, "The main reason why I'm back is because the evil is back as well, and she's much more deadlier than before. The princess of the Moon has been corrupted, and she hungers for power. She's after the Items and the three Egyptian god cards. Once she has them, she would be unstoppable and the whole world will plunge into darkness."

Yami nodded, remembering that in the past, Ami had to use her Sapphire Crystal and Yami, the Shadow Game to seal the darkness inside of the Moon hime. Now, the darkness was back.

Looking at the confused faces of the others, the two of them sighed and related what happened in the past.

When they ended, seven shocked faces stared back at them. Ami sweatdropped and slapped her forehead with her hand, this was definitely getting out of control.

/Shadi, a little help here./ Ami requested mentally.

Over the mind link, she could hear the protector's chuckle. /Not funny./ she reprimanded.

\Okay, fine. Tell the Millennium Items' holders to meet at the museum.\ Shadi replied.

Ami sighed in despair after the link was cut off.

"This is what Shadi told me. He requested the three hikaris to meet at Isis's museum, possibly after school. He would make a better explanation." Ami said, after the mental conversation with her fellow protector.

Everyone nodded, finishing off their lunch before the bell for the next period rung.

@@@@ After school @@@@

Yuugi was at his locker when Ushio and his gang approached him. Yuugi backed off against the locker wall, afraid. Ushio was about to beat him , when a finger tapped on his shoulder. Ushio turned around, to find Ami glaring at him.

"Picking a fight, girl?" he taunted.

Ami smirked, and kneeled him in his private area. Ushio gasped in pain. Before he could recover, Ami elbowed him in his stomach, causing him to double over. Then, Ami grabbed his arm and flipped him over her shoulder. Ushio landed on the ground with a thud. Turning to the other two of Ushio's thugs, Ami asked, "Anyone asking for more?" The two of them shook their heads and stumbled off. Turning to the dazed Ushio, Ami warned icily, "Take that as a warning, baka. Stay away from my cousin and me. Next time, I won't be so lenient."

Turning to her cousin, Ami asked, "You alright?" Yuugi nodded, "I never knew you could fight." he commented. "You never asked." Ami replied, grabbing her book bag.

************************************************************* *************** **********

SailorStar9: A little longer than the previous chapters. Hope you guys like it. Ami would seem to be OOC in this chapter, but in actual fact, she is being over-protective over Yuugi.