Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I really really don't own Yugioh, only Amari.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yugi walked out of his bathroom in his pajamas and headed for bed. It had been along day for everyone after Amari's mysterious little disappearing act. He yawned and got in bed. He looked at his ceiling thinking about all that had happened to him in the past few weeks. He smiled as he began to think about all the great times they had together.

He slowly turned around and turned off his lamp. Then he sunk down into his pillow and fell asleep.

A moment later a dark figure moved in the shadows of Yugi's room. It slowly moved to Yugi's bedside.

The figure stared down at the sleeping boy with cold eyes. He then raised something that glowed in the darkness in the air getting ready to thrust it into the boy when---

-----End of dream-----

Amari's eyes snapped open. She quickly sat up in bed and looked around the Motto's guestroom. (Yami had moved into Yugi's room for the night until Amari was better)

She quickly pulled the covers off of her and quietly walked out of the room and down the hall. She came to Yugi's door that was opened slightly and peeped in. The room was dark except for the moon's light that peered through the window. She lightly pushed the door open and walked around the room towards Yugi's sleeping figure.

Suddenly someone grabbed her shoulder making her quickly react by dropping to the floor and putting her leg out (her good leg), knocking his feet out from under him making him fall on his back. She quickly got on top of the figure and pinned him down to the floor.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?!" she demanded, tightening her grip on the figure's wrists.

"Amari chill it's only me, Yami," he said trying to get up.

She loosened her grip on him and paused just before she leaned down to get a good look at his face. His cologne danced around her as she studied him, making sure that it wasn't an intruder.

Then she let go of his wrists and sat up, not removing herself off of him. "Yami?"

"Yeah it's me, I promise."

"What are you doing?"

"I had a bad dream so I got up to go to the bathroom, and when I came out you were standing there watching Yugi. Then next thing I know I'm lying on my back and your pinning me to the floor."

Amari's eyes quickly widened as she came to the realization of what she had just done. "Oh my god! Are you ok?" she began to check him over to make sure that he wasn't hurt, "Is there anything I can do?"

"Well for starters you can get off of me. You're kind of cutting off my air supply."

"Oh I'm soooo sorry!" she said as she quickly got off of him.

"It's ok, no damage done," He chuckled as he sat up. "I'm just a little surprised that you can still do that with your hurt leg and all,"

"Oh yeah, it amazing. It's healing a lot faster than I thought but it still hurts sometimes," she said as she scooted over to lean against Yugi's bed, and to also get a better look at Yami in the moonlight from the window.

"Well here let me see it for a sec," he said reaching over and lightly touching her leg. He lightly lifted it and gently moved it into his lap. He observed it and lightly ran his finger around her smooth leg along the bandage lines.

Amari shivered at his touch. Yami looked up at her and continued the motion.

"Can you feel that?" he asked.

Amari slowly nodded and leaned her head back, closing her eyes.

Then suddenly Yami stopped lightly stroking her leg and began to stare at her.

"What?" she asked blushing a little.

"Nothing…it just that I've never really taken the time to realize how beautiful you are," he said.

Amari just blushed even more. "Well thank you."

Yami moved closer to her as they continued to stare into each other's eyes. He moved some strands of hair away from her face, leaning in and kissing her soft lips.

Amari's eyes slowly closed as she let the impact of the kiss take hold of her. He cupped her face in his hands, savoring every moment.

Suddenly Yugi stirred in his sleep making the two break apart.

Amari began to stare at the moon through the window while Yami drifted his eyes toward the floor.

There was then a long period of silence. The only thing that was heard was the sound of Yugi's breathing.

"Well, it's getting kind of late. So I guess we need to go back to bed," said Amari, breaking the silence.

"Yeah," said Yami in agreement.

Yami slowly got up from his place on the floor and helped Amari get up, too. They turned and quietly left Yugi's room and walked down the hall back to the guestroom.

Once they had reached Amari's door, Amari turned around to face Yami again. A small smile appeared on her face as she lifted her hand to his face and brushed her finger along his cheek. Yami continued to stare into her eyes, not wanting the moment to end.

"Good night," she said sweetly as she stepped back inside her room, closing the door. She continued to stare at him until the door closed shut. Then she turned around and leaned against the door, her eyes filled with joy. She slowly slid down the door, thinking of what had just happened.

*~*~*~

Yami turn away from Amari's door and walked back into Yugi's room with a smile on his face. He got under the covers of Yugi's bed and stared at the ceiling. Then he gave a big sigh and turned to his side and fell asleep.

On the other side of the bed, Yugi, now awake, stared at the place where he had watched his sister and Yami kiss for the first time. A small smile formed on his face as he too, closed his eyes and fell asleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Polaris stood on a big tree branch outside of Yugi's window. He too, had watched the romantic seen that had just taken place.

He shook his head and leaned against the tree trunk.

"My dear little princess, like I said before…," he said just before his voice turned into a cold harsh voice, "Your love for these humans make you weak."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Sorry for the long delay I've been very busy with school starting soon for me. But hopefull I can make it up to you. So I've decide that you should vote for the pairings for this story. Now Joey fans it's not too late to revert the story back to Joey/Amari. But if none helps me out here I'll pick my own pairing and then you can hate me all you want but I won't change it. So it's either your way or mine. So start voting!

NO FLAMES!!!!! If you give me flames then I MIGHT concider them, but don't expect for them to stay with my reviews, I'll delete them faster than you can say….well by the next chapter I'll think of a word!