Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ The Final Battle (part two) ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: yea yea…..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Ok I have a perfectly good excuse.

Yami: Yea it better be good! I've been waiting forever for this chapter!

SSU: *glares at Yami* Ok well I had just finished this and I went out for the day, I come back and I find out that lightening struck my house and I never unplugged anything so my computer was shot. And you talk about getting ticked off!

Yugi: *raises eyebrow* Lightening?

SSU: Yes lightening! I know it's hard to believe but you're going to have to trust me on this one. So I couldn't get a new computer until a month! It sucks….it really does. Luckily I had another computer in my house but I was very old and it didn't have email, internet, nothing. But it did have Word so I typed up all the chaps but I couldn't send them in yet. So sorry for the major delay but I can't control nature…sorry. But by the time you are reading this that means I found a way to get this posted up or I have my new computer. Oh yea by the way this means that my email is no longer what it used to be if you want to comment on something you're going to have to put it on a review until I can get a new email. Sorry but here's the new chapter! Hope it was worth the wait!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Universe slammed against the golden wall. She grunted in pain, but held her tongue fearing that if she showed the slightest hint of weakness, Polaris would know. She slid down the side of the wall, letting her body crumple into a heap on the floor. She had been fighting Polaris for a while, and Polaris seemed to be getting stronger by every attack. Universe was defeated both mentally and physically. To her, Yami was gone, Yugi wouldn't last much longer in the hands of Polaris, and none of her friends could help her. Polaris could tell that her spirit was breaking by every attack that was made on her.

########

Meanwhile Yugi only needed one more piece to finish the puzzle. He looked around frantically, then he spotted it lying about a foot outside of the cage. He slowly reached through the bars only to have his finger barley touched the piece. Then with all the strength he had, he thrust his arm out again and quickly grabbed the piece and pulled it back in.

Without thinking he quickly placed the last piece in and the puzzle glowed like it had done before.

###########

Suddenly Yami felt a breath of life flow back to him as he looked down to see his body slowly becoming solid again.

"Hey Yugi did it!" said Joey, looking out though the wall to see the puzzle glowing in Yugi's cage.

"Are you ok now Yami?" asked Tea, helping Yami to his feet.

"Yea, I think so," responded Yami, feeling himself over to make sure he was all there.

"Man talk about your close calls," commented Joey.

"Um guys I think the suspense isn't over just yet…Look!" Pluto pointed out through the wall to a fallen Universe. They had been paying too much attention to Yami that they forgot about what was happening to Universe.

Instantly they all turned and peered through the glass to see Universe lying on the ground in a heap on the floor.

"Oh no! Amari!" called Yami through the wall.

###########

Polaris walked over to Universe crumpled up body, bent down and lifted her up by the throat. He lifted her high enough so that her feet were no longer touching the ground. Universe began to grasp for air, clutching at the arm that was cutting her air supply nearly off.

"Let….go!" she managed to say just as she took another gasp for air. Polaris just laughed.

"I could crush you right now if I wanted. You know that?" he said.

Universe didn't respond but continued to grasp for air, trying to think of a way out. Polaris noticed this and grew annoyed. Then he quickly slammed her body against the wall behind her. "You think you can escape me?! Ha! You're nothing but a weak version of your past self!"

"Universe! Do something!" shouted Uranus. *what's wrong with her?* she asked herself.

"Amari!" called Yugi, worriedly. "Don't let him do this to you!"

"Ha! Save your breath little Yugi," said Polaris, not taking his eyes off of Universe.

Then an idea hit Universe and she quickly kicked him in the stomach, causing him to let go of her and double over. Universe fell to the ground gasping for air. She quickly got up holding both of her arms as if some lost feeling was coming back to her. She coughed a few times and then looked up to see Polaris still on the floor. She then leaned against the wall trying to regain her strength quickly. She looked down to observe her beaten down body. Now her body was almost as torn up as Uranus's and Neptune's but she had still managed to go on. She had many cuts on her legs and arms not to mention the one on her face, all done by Polaris's mysterious sword.

Just as she was observing her beaten up body, she happened to glance up and notice that Polaris was no longer on the floor. But before she could react she was forced to dodge Polaris's sword as it hit the wall beside her. She quickly moved again as the sword continued to follow her actions.

Polaris continued to trash his sword at the sailor, leaving her to dodge every one of his attacks. Finally she broke free of the wall and ran toward the other side of the large golden room, trying to escape the continuing attacks. Polaris turned just in time to see Universe preparing for an attack at the other end of the room.

Universe cupped her hands together as her energy ball attack was formed. She now had a clean shot at Polaris and she was willing to take it. "UNIVERSE STAR CRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!"

Polaris smiled and mimicked Universe's hand motions as a black energy ball formed in his hands also. "BLACK NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!" he shouted. And soon his black energy aimed forward straight towards Universe.

In a split second their attacks collided and nearly canceled each other out. But something was different. Polaris, at full strength acted like his attack was nothing while Universe struggled to maintain her attack. Now she gathered every ounce of strength she had left in her body and forced it into her attack, hoping that it would overcome Polaris's.

And at first the yellow light seemed as if it was about to engulf the black light and nearly push back until it hit Polaris, leaving Polaris a slight bit worried that she was too strong for him. But his worried look soon faded as quickly as it had come, as his attack slowly over powered Universe's and with a quick thrust of his hand the energy dimishish Universe's attack completely and blasted Universe full force into the wall behind her.

Universe felt her body slowly crush under her. "No…" she whispered, as the last bit of her strength left her. Her body quickly slid down the golden wall, but on the way down golden bands came out of the walls and wrapped around her ankles and wrists, pinning her against the wall, catching her before her feet got a chance to touch the ground. Then Universe's body jerked forward as the momentum of her fall ended in her new shackles. Her head now bobbled forward appearing to nearly be unconscious. Her hands that were in the golden bands, gave one last test of strength before they gave up and her body went limp.

"No!" shouted Yugi from his cage. "Amari!" he called out to her, but there was no response.

"Universe!" shouted Neptune, but still Universe's body didn't show any signs of movement.

"The last attack used up the last of her strength," said Uranus, solemnly.

Polaris smirked and casually walked over to the fallen Universe, spinning the handle of the sword around his finger. He slowly observed the blade and its magnificent tint of blue. "You don't know what this is, do you?" he asked her, still walking towards her.

Universe stirred fully conscious again and lifted her head in a some what curiosity of what Polaris meant. She shot him a weary glare as he continued talking.

"This blade is no ordinary blade as you have seemed to notice. This blade was forged out of the legendary black crystal. The crystal of night as I like to call it," he said giving another evil smirk at Universe to see if she was still paying close attention.

"This blade's special ability is whenever it comes in contact with a being of great power it can absorb the powers and then can be transferred to another being of great power. Some call it a powerful athame. Therefore if this blade comes in contact with any great power like, oh let's say a sailor scout, then it will automatically drain her of her powers, her energy, and in your case without your powers you're nothing," he said smirking even more as he stopped inches away from Universe's face.

"I knew it!" said Universe under her breath, "It's all coming so clear to me now. You purposely cut me so that I would grow weak and then when I was at my weakest you'd…" her eyes widened in fear as it all hit her, his plan, what he was going to do, everything was clear. Suddenly she began to struggle in the cuffs that bound her.

"Yeeees, now you see it. You finally figured it out!," he said watching her struggle silently congratulating her, "Now you know that since you are now so weak, than just one more touch of this blade against your skin and you'll lose all the strength that you have left in you. But no… not just a touch anywhere, oh no…but in the place where you power was born, the main source of your power…" he said tauntingly.

Suddenly Universe stopped struggling and stared with wide eyes at Polaris, knowing what he was going to say.

"The main source of you power and the last of your strength is…" he repeated revealing the blade so close to her face, "…is your prism."

And with those words, he lightly laid the blade in the center of her chest. On contact the blade and Universe began to glow as a golden light broke out from her chest.

"Oh no not the prism!!!!" shouted Uranus.

"Prism?" asked Yugi from his cage, shielding his face from the intense light.

"The prism holds her deepest powers in, her life force. Every princess has one. In the past Amari never used it because she didn't know how to, only her princess form knows," explained Neptune.

"But if used or taken away it takes her life force with it," added Uranus.

Yugi thought to himself, "Her life force? But if that's taken away then--" suddenly he was interrupted by Universe beginning to scream in agony.

"AAAHHHHHH!!!!!" screamed Universe in pain, now the light was illuminated her entire body. She continued to scream as she felt her powers leaving her.

####################

"What's happening?" asked Yami quickly turning to Pluto.

Pluto gave Yami a solemn look, as if she didn't want to answer. "Polaris's black crystal sword is unlocking Universe's greatest power, the golden prism."

"Golden prism? What does that do?" asked Joey.

"She was given it when she first became a princess. It holds her deepest powers, it protects her, without it…" she trailed off, not wanting to go on.

Yami quickly turned back around and slammed his fist into the hard glass wall, "NO!!!"

####################

Universe's piercing scream echoed throughout the golden dome. Polaris just stared in awe of the eminse power that his sword was unlocking before his very eyes.

Universe was now completely bathed in golden light, then the light turned into golden, light and dark blue ribbons that stretched out a good twenty feet. They flowed out in their random places while one end was still connected to Universe. It looked as if she was slowly detransforming.

Universe continued to scream as the pain of her powers leaving her flowed through her body.

"Amari! No!" shouted Yugi to his sister, not knowing what else to do.

Soon the colored ribbons slowly faded away as did the light that had engulfed her. It all vanished into the sword, until there was silence once again.

Just as the light had left her body her old clothes appeared that she had been wearing earlier that day. She had on some tight dark blue jeans, and her white shirt that had a dark blue star on her chest, also on her feet were her blue and white keds that Tea had let her borrow for the stay. Her clothes weren't any better than her sailor uniform. Her jeans now had a few slices on them, and her shirt had one across her stomach, as if they had been there all along. The other scars that were on her arms and face remained as they were. Amari had suddenly stopped screaming and appeared to be frozen, her face in shock and her eyes wide. Then a single tear fell from her wide eyes, "I'm so sorry…" she whispered.

Polaris smirked evilly and attempted to pull the sword away from her chest but it would budge. He observed it closely and noticed that it wasn't touching her at all. Then he predicted that there was some sort of ending force that held the sword just above her chest. Then with another pull of the sword with all the strength that he had and the force finally released its hold on her. And just as it did this Amari's body fell limp again, lifeless.

Polaris stepped back in amusement of what he had just done. He turned to Yugi, Uranus, and Neptune and smiled in victory.

"Yes! I did it!" he said kissing the sword, "I just defeated the only thing that stood in my way of ruling the Universe!" he laughed.

Yugi stared worriedly at Amari's limp body pinned to the wall. "Amari!" he called out hoping for an answer but got none.

"Don't waste your time my dear Yugi!" said Polaris, "She gone! And she's never coming back!"

"You're wrong!" snapped Yugi, turning back to Amari, "Amari! Please wake up!"

Silence.

"Amari!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Oh yea forgot one more thing. If some of you have reviewed and are wondering why I might have not answered your questions well it's because I'm having computer probs and can't read them. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I already have the next one ready but I won't posted it until I get some reviews to let me know that you guys are still there and that my computer won't get hit by another lightening strike. ^_^