Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Slave Bond ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Slave Bond
Saturn's Spawn: My Latest Creation; Mwahahahahah! (Chokes on chips) Damn, I told myself that I'd finish a story before I'd start another, but, oh well. I never did like to stick to any schedule; I usually like to update when inspiration strikes which could take a while for any of my stories.
The pairing for this story is Hotaru/Atem (Yami). If you don't like it, don't read it! And this does NOT have a happy beginning.
Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon or Yu-Gi-Oh
Ch 1: The Mark

Amethystine orbs looked down at the sleeping figure before her. She stood there dressed in a simple sleeveless form-fitting white garb, devoid of any useless embellishments or frills, which reached her knees. A blade was clenched tightly within her pale hand. The only signs that she wasn't a statue were her ragged breathing and the slight trembling of her hand which still held within it the dagger. It was so easy; he was asleep as was everyone else in the palace. She could get it over with and leave.
Just then, a slight breeze entered the room through the over-sized windows causing the translucent curtains to dance along with the wind. This caused a sharp breath to come from the female before she thought, `Just the wind.' And now, back to the task at hand.
“You torment me so, Pharaoh. I could end this torture now…so why can I not?” She whispered as she turned around and left the room never knowing that the one who she thought to be asleep was awake the whole time and had heard her spoken whisper.
After some time, he was confident that he was the only occupant inside the room; he sat up causing the thin blanket to slide off his form revealing a white shirt. Violet orbs with traces of red stared at the door that was the exit for his almost killer. The youth had sun-tanned skin that, had it been daylight, would've been adorned with ornaments of gold; particularly a golden pyramid that would've been hanging around his neck.
He knew what he should have done something. He knew that he should have stopped her and had her imprisoned or more sufficiently… executed for attempted murder, even if she did not carry it out and simply left. However, he did not. He stood up from his sitting position on the bed and walked towards the balcony. Once reaching the edge of the balcony, he was greeted by a familiar face; the full moon.
Flashback one week ago
“Do you really think you should do this, Bakura?” A girl dressed in a black cloak questioned as her leader began his preparations. Said person clad in the same colored cloak turned to stare at one of his most trusted people.
“Do you doubt my ability, Hotaru?”
“No, I just think that you should use a different approach when concerning the Pharaoh.”
This caused a smirk to form on the face of Bakura as he stated, “Human, he is; divine, he is not.” That was all she got out of him before they left the tent and mounted their horses along with Bakura's other followers.

“Pharaoh Atem, sightings of the thief, Bakura, and his group has been reported at the southern gate.” A guard stated as he knelt on one knee before his Pharaoh, Atem.Said person sat upon his throne silent for a moment before standing up to his regal height, “Have the guards ready.” He ordered before he thought, `hasty; definitely not your style, Bakura. What are you up to?'
“Something wrong?” a voice questioned interrupting his train of thoughts.
Atem looked up to find his trusted friend, Marik, before he replied, “The King of Thieves strikes again, but don't you find it odd that his attack is so… open?”
Taking this into consideration, Marik nodded. “Yeah, that it is weird.”

“Bakura! Behind you!” Hotaru shouted as she avoided another punch and brought her glaive up to strike the man down. “Child's play.”
Thanks to Hotaru's warning, Bakura was able to evade in time. “Heh, don't tell me that this is the best that the Pharaoh has to offer.” The rest of the thieves were also faring well, until… “BAKURA!” As if that was enough, every single one of them stopped to find Atem on his horse glaring at their leader who only smirked.
At that point, Atem jumped off his horse and drew his sword. Bakura, with his sword already drawn, scoffed, “I highly doubt a spoiled brat could beat me.” To this, Atem said nothing and the battle had begun. Hotaru stood there in silence; though she did not show it, she was worried for Bakura. What would happen if he lost; well, besides the obvious?
As Atem made an attempt to…cut off Bakura's head, said thief blocked it with his sword, but when he did that, Atem kicked Bakura in the stomach. Bakura fell back some steps and barely made it out with his head still on his shoulders as Atem did not hesitate to continue. Then an oppertunity struck as Bakura let an opening occur. He didn't know what happened until he dropped his swored and immediately placed his hand on his side feeling the warm crimson liquid soak through. After that, Bakura was knocked to the ground. Atem stood over him with a glare that held no look of triumph, only a look of anger and hatred.
Just when he was about to finish Bakura off for good, a dagger was thrown his way causing him to step back. Then another one was thrown with precise accuracy towards him causing him to take another step back. Once he and his men were a good distance away, he looked up to find that it was someone dressed in entirely black, which must've been uncomfortable considering the weather, standing beside the fallen form of Bakura. Others behind whoever this was made their way towards Bakura and slung him over their shoulders as they whispered something to the cloaked figure.
They turned and were starting to retreat. Just then, Atem notice that the black clad being was running at a slower pace than the others. Marik also took notice of this and ran after whoever it was. It didn't take to long to figure this out, so the mysterious being shouted, “Go on without me!” From the sound of it, they deduced that it had to be a female.
With that being said, those who were carrying Bakura nodded and picked up the pace leaving Hotaru behind. She was soon tripped by Marik and fell to the ground. Atem made his way to the girl followed by his guards who were weary of the female. Excluding Bakura, she was the one who was able to take out a good portion of their men. Another guard assisted Marik in holding the girl still.
Atem walked up to her and pulled the hood off her head. He scowled at her and through clenched teeth, questioned, “Who are you?” When the being wouldn't answer, he picked up one of the daggers that SHE used and held it close to her throat. He asked again, “Who are you?”
“I suggest you answer him.” Marik spat. The girl continued to glare at him for a few moments before she whispered, “Hotaru.”
Without taking his eyes off of her, he slowly pulled the dagger back and turned. He motioned the guards to follow him after they bound Hotaru's wrist behind her and placed her on the horse. One of the guards made a move to keep her in place on the horse until Atem shook his head. The guard instinctively moved back as if Hotaru was poison. He sat behind Hotaru and with hands on the reigns; he had her trapped in his arms as they made their way back to the castle.

Bakura had opened his eyes. As he sat up, his hand instinctively went to his side to find that it was still slightly bleeding, `Looks like that spoiled brat was better than I thought.'
“Hotaru?” He asked to find that there was no answer. He looked around tent which he resided in only to find he was alone, “Adofo!”
Just then, the entrance to his tent was lifted as a man came into the room clad in sandy brown shirt with loose black pants. Around his shoulders was a black cape that hid one of his arms while the other was hanging limply by his side. His black hair was kept neatly with the use of a white band. Emerald green eyes stared sadly at Bakura, “What is it?”“What do you mean, `What is it?' Where's Hotaru?” Bakura questioned with an annoyed expression.
Outside, the men were either feeding their horses or helping themselves to food when a voice that could've been heard across the desert cried out, “WHAT!”
Back in the tent, Bakura seemed to be rummaging through the satchels and boxes for swords, daggers, and whatever else he could find before he would go back to the palace and rescue Hotaru. `If I had listened to her, she wouldn't be in this mess.'

The room was dark. The only source of light was the moonlight shining through the barred window. Her weapons were taken from her as she sat there in a cell contemplating an escape plan. `A guard is stationed at every entrance, if I—'Just then, the sound of a door opening disrupted her thoughts as she turned her head to find eyes of amethyst staring back into her own violet orbs, “Can I help you?” It appeared as though the Pharaoh was alone.
“Perhaps; you could start by telling me why someone like you is with someone like Bakura.” He replied ignoring the way the moonlight gave her pallid complexion an ethereal appearance. Knowing that she had no weapons with her, he slowly opened the door and entered the cell and knelt in front of her.
She raised an eyebrow before replying, “That is not your concern.”
With that being said, she turned her head and looked out the window. Refusing to leave it at that, he cupped her chin and forced her to look at him, “It is when Bakura is involved. You should know that he has committed high crimes.”
To that, she did the one thing he never expected; she smirked, “I know of his crimes. I know better than anyone for I was the one who stood by his side as he committed them.”
He gave her a look of disgust decided that there was nothing else he could do, unless…
Hotaru saw the look that crossed his eyes and was actually nervous. Just then, the same dagger she had used was now brought out in his hands.
“Give me your arm.”
“What?” She had all but screamed at him. The only reason he would want her arm as he held that dagger in his hand was… Atem did not even grace her with a response as he took her right arm and at first stared at her wrist. Then, his eyes worked their way up until he reached the area below her shoulder.
“You trust me as a servant? How stupid are you?” Hotaru yelled as she struggled, but could not fight his grip on her arm.
Atem moved closer to her face until his forehead was pressed against her forehead mixing the colors of gold and black. He whispered dangerously, “I don't trust you.”
With that being said, he knocked her out and held her unconscious form against him. Now he could continue. Taking the dagger in his hand once again, he etched the symbol of the Millennium Eye on the spot where he had been staring at. Her arm, of course, was bleeding so he pressed a cloth against it.
He took the time to examine his newly acquired property. She was stunning, he'd give her that. However, she was an associate of Bakura. At least this way, he had more of a reason to keep an eye on her. As a prisoner, his time with her would be limited. As a servant, however, she would have to stay close. And he wouldn't worry about her leaving him anytime soon. The reason for etching the symbol was to open a bond between the two; a slave bond.
End of Flashback
Hotaru sat out in the courtyard. `Where are you, Bakura?'


Saturn's Spawn
: I know, I made Yami a jerk, but I did warn you that this wasn't going to have a happy beginning and it kinda gets worse before it gets better.