Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Guarded Twin ❯ Death Includes Family and Friends ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Trin: how come this supposed `ending' is still going on? are you taking us for a ride?
Lady: no of course not! Would I lie to you?
Blair: *whispers* don't trust her Trin! Look at her leg twitching O_O;
Trin: …yes erm well I think that-
Lady: *gives the evil eye* you think what?
Endy: uh-oh…I'll get the straightjacket for when she goes mad k? *runs away*
Blair: yeah and you know how heavy the straightjacket is…I better go help Endy *runs away like a chicken*
Trin: he hehe…hopefully I'll still be alive to read your reviews?
Lady: *extremely bubbly* of course she will!
 
***********************
 
Chapter 11 - Death Includes Family and Friends
 
***********************
 
Serenity froze. Her life? Was her life forfeit so that the Crystal could come forth? Entrinity couldn't be saying that! But as the younger princess tried to catch her sister's eye and found that she couldn't…well…it spoke volumes to Serenity.
 
“No…I can't! I won't!”
 
“Serenity…I'm trying to tell you-“
 
“I can't leave the Senshi, even if they are intent on tearing each other apart. I can't leave my home, I can't leave you. I can't leave Endymion! Not now, not when we've only just…not when we've only just-“
 
“I know sister, I know. I don't want to take you away from life. I don't want to. I'm trying to find another way to summon it. This cannot be the only way.”
 
“Entrinity,” Serenity said softly, hugging her sister tightly. Entrinity was now truly back on her side…whatever side that was. A sudden grunt of pain distracted Serenity and had her glancing at Endymion. He'd been stabbed in the gut and was doubled over in pain.
 
“Endymion!” She yelled and was too quick for Entrinity's hands as she raced to his side.
 
“Stay back!” he roared at her. But she carried on heedless, only hampered in her movements when Malachite grabbed her arms. The man moved fast as she had seen him in her line of vision mere moments ago.
 
“No, princess! We cannot allow you to come any closer,” he reasoned softly, despite the grunts of the renewed efforts of the Generals and the cries of the Senshi fighting each other.
 
“And why not?! I can help, I know I can!”
 
“I must stress the danger of the situation. That dark bastard is seeking to take you away from Lord Endymion and he will not allow that, nor will we, the Generals of the Four Points of Earth. I swear to you.” With each word that Malachite spoke Serenity struggled less until she was utterly still and Solaris moved to take her into a warm embrace. “If you are taken away princess…well let's just say that Lord Endymion takes on more traits of his father than he'd like to think and one of them would be pushing himself to the point of exhaustion to retrieve something he lost. As his father is searching endlessly for him, Endymion will search endlessly for you.” Malachite rested a hand on the stiff princess' shoulder and smiled before entering the fray between Blair and the other Terrans.
 
Mars fighting Mercury, Jupiter warring with Venus, Uranus and Neptune trying to be diplomats, Blair damaging the Terran forces, Endymion injured and battling bravely…this was not how Serenity envisioned her future, this was not how she saw herself ruling the Moon. Everything was falling apart, slowly but surely.
 
Solaris watched as her would be friends - the Senshi - fought viciously with each other, each of them calling out an accusation and commencing upon a new torrent of attacks. The only way any of this was going to stop was if she called the Crystal but there was no way that she'd use Serenity's life for it. Never. Her mother had to be wrong. She couldn't have wanted her daughters to die; it just didn't make sense.
 
`If you do not call it now Entrinity, this shall come to pass.'
 
Right before her eyes the Temple was blown away and across the dusty plains of the Moon blood dotted its surface. The land was barren, the soil cracked and dry, devoid of life. As she walked warily, Entrinity couldn't help but feel a gripping shiver run down her spine. She knew that this was only a dream but at the same time something told her that this was too real.
 
Suddenly Mercury's battered body appeared to her left, bruised and bleeding, whether from her fight with Mars or otherwise it wasn't clear. And the bodies continued to abruptly appear, almost leading Entrinity along their bloody pathway to which she knew she'd hate to see the end of.
 
Mars.
 
Jupiter.
 
Venus.
 
Uranus.
 
Neptune.
 
Pluto.
 
Malachite.
 
Jedite.
 
Nephrite.
 
Zoisite.
 
All dead.
 
All bleeding profusely, their blood seeping into the ground and staining it, the red liquid spreading until the blood of the fallen heroes covered the Moon in a sickly layer of crimson. With each step that the elder princess took, a tear slipped down her cheek: for the friends that she never knew and yet she had lost, for the Terrans who she was so prejudiced against yet gave their lives to protect her world. The only idea that she had to comfort herself was that she hadn't seen Serenity's body yet.
 
After an eternity walking she still hadn't seen her.
 
Was this an ill omen? Or was it a good sign? If she couldn't find Serenity then surely her sister must be alive and kicking and fighting against the enemy, Endymion too? Entrinity began to run, hitching up her skirts as high as possible not caring that blood seeped into her satin slippers, staining the items forever. But the longer Entrinity ran, the more she stayed in one place. The bodies of her fallen comrades raced past her several times before Entrinity abruptly stopped and screamed to the heavens.
 
“Leave me out of this!”
 
A bright light flashed from above and Entrinity found herself surrounded by white as far as her eye could see. Once again in new territory the princess inched forward slowly, gradually picking up speed when she caught the scent of something familiar.
 
Roses.
 
Serenity loved roses.
 
`Please,' Entrinity thought as she raced to what she thought was a rose garden. She breathed a sigh of relief as a patch of white roses came into view blown by a gentle breeze.
 
Serenity stood among them smiling brightly, eyes sparkling. A white gown surrounded her and beautiful wings unfolded from her back tinged gold. Entrinity thought in that moment as she embraced her sister tightly, that Serenity had never looked more beautiful.
 
“Oh, Serenity…I…what is this place? I was so worried for you-…Serenity?” Entrinity called softly, pulling back slowly to regard her sister.
 
The world suddenly went black and Serenity's presence was the only light in the void. However Serenity's eyes were hollow, the now dark blues surveying nothing, she fell limp in Entrinity's arms and one wing had been ripped mercilessly from her back, the other wing dingy with dirt and blood. The ripped off wing, Entrinity found, was covering Endymion's lifeless body, his sword in his chest, not too far away.
 
“No…” Entrinity whispered shakily, sinking to her knees with Serenity's broken body cradled in her arms. “No,” she repeated again, becoming frantic when a trickle of blood slipped from her sister's dead lips. She shook Serenity's body almost violently in an effort to wake her.
 
“NO!”
 
“NO!” Solaris broke out of her apocalyptic trance, jolted back to reality by Serenity's voice shouting out. She breathed a sigh of relief at hearing her sister but quickly sucked it back in when she saw that Serenity was within the clutches of Beryl.
 
“No!” Serenity cried again, reaching her hands out to anyone as Beryl's long fingernails covered her eyes, threatening to puncture them if she opened her lids. It didn't stop tears from slipping out however. Beryl's fingertips were pressed tightly against her temples and a cruel smile lightened the queen's features.
 
“Serenity!” Solaris yelled, making her way to Serenity with a burst of speed and strength that she had been lacking. But Serenity was in her arms mere moments ago! Had Beryl snatched her sister away when she was `dreaming'?
 
All other battles had stopped: Blair snarled at his mother and was ready to intervene if any harm came to Serenity. Endymion looked on in despair, eventually paralysed by the wound Blair administered on him, his Generals aiding him. The Senshi put aside their petty fights as they realised that Serenity was in grave danger and immediately tried pulling together, as they should have done, to help her.
 
It may have been too late.
 
“Well, it seems I have your attention. Why is it that everyone is captivated by this one female? Look at the way you all stop and look on worriedly, even you Blair you pathetic wretch.” Blair bristled at that and took a threatening step towards his mother. “Do not think to intimidate me boy! I am merely stating the truth! Serenity is nothing more than a little girl, too sheltered from the world to understand that there is a distinct order in it: heroes get ground into the dirt and the ruthless shall prevail. Perhaps I shall kill her just to prove a point?”
 
“Don't you dare!” Endymion shouted, given momentary reprieve from his paralysis as a golden glow surrounded him. He stood with no help and a bow and arrow materialised within his hands.
 
“Foolish boy! Do you not realise you will strike your beloved princess?”
 
“I will never hit Serenity,” Endymion replied calmly and released the arrow. A bright burst of golden energy flew for the dark Queen and the princess. Beryl thought to throw Serenity in the line of fire but the arrow disappeared before it could even come within arm's reach of her.
 
“What?” Beryl muttered only to screech when a burning pain erupted in her back. The sneaky bastard had shot her in the back and she didn't know how! Endymion collapsed, now totally drained but still trying to crawl towards Serenity.
 
“What a pitiful sight. Pity that you look like me,” Blair murmured.
 
“No you bastard, you look like me,” Endymion sneered a cruel grin on his lips. Blair snarled and stepped on Endymion's hand callously as the Terran prince crawled by. Endymion bit his lip to keep from crying out.
 
“Do not interfere!” Beryl called to her son and swept him away with one hand into a column. He landed with a resounding crash, threatening to cave in the already weak domed roof of the Temple. He had the distinct impression his mother was hiding important pieces of information, about that Terran Prince and possibly himself. He had no idea why he only got the impression now: what was Beryl truly about? That's when Blair knew that the end of the battle was in sight: glancing up at the Dark Queen, Beryl's pupils had been reduced to slits and green lines of power pulsed along her body with every irregular heartbeat in her chest. Her true power would be unleashed soon.
 
“You,” she hissed, curling her hand tightly into a fist, one hand still caging Serenity's head, and pulled her fist towards her. Endymion clutched his chest and felt himself being dragged towards the raging queen. Serenity heard his struggles and his weak protests, trying to bite her way out from behind Beryl's claws.
 
“Endymion! Get away!”
 
“I…can't Serenity,” Endymion replied, relieved when the pressure stopped and he knelt before the two. Try as the others might, neither the Senshi nor the Generals could get to him. It seemed the Dark Queen had erected a barrier within which were Serenity, Solaris and the weakened Endymion.
 
“Now how shall we play out the final scene of this story?” Beryl said nonchalantly, tapping one claw against Serenity's forehead.
 
`Use it!' Queen Serenity's voice whispered through Solaris' head.
 
“No! I will not!” the Senshi replied and she proceeded to charge for Beryl only to be repelled backwards with amazing force landing her next to Endymion.
 
“'No' what you little bitch? You do not tell someone like me no: it spells certain death. But how about we take a look inside that mind of yours?” Beryl snarled, her eyes going black and lightening crackling along her limbs.
 
Solaris screamed, her winded body arching off the ground, twisting in agony as she clutched her head. Something was moving around in there! It was tearing apart her brain, clawing through her thoughts trying to find something that it shouldn't
.
“Ah ha,” Beryl murmured, eyes changing back to slits. “The Imperial Solar Crystal? I remember something of the Sun King wielding it…”
 
“The Sun King? He existed?” Serenity whispered momentarily forgetting she was within the clutches of evil.
 
“No matter! I shall wield it now and save all lives worth saving and destroy ones such as yours!” Solaris stuttered out still gasping for breath while trying to battle the receding pain.
 
“Yes, but the Crystal was his to begin with. One of the three legendary crystals of the universe: The Imperial Silver Crystal, The Imperial Golden Crystal and the elusive Imperial Silver Solar Crystal. That man was a demon with that gem: no enemy could escape him alive when he wielded it. Perhaps it is where you-“
 
“I'm tired of you Beryl!” Solaris shouted. Serenity was now unmoving under Beryl's hands, still unable to see what was going on but she decided to bide her time and escape at the right moment.
 
“Well, you see I'm telling you of the greatest ruler that ever lived. Such a handsome man, a spectacular monarch of the Sun, a glorious fighter. Oh, I knew him all too well, as does your mother, especially in the last stages of his life…why I believe the darling Prince Endymion knew him too…”
 
“What are you talking about?” Endymion whispered darkly, trying to rise to his feet. Beryl's fingers began to press harder into Serenity's temples and black gas seeped out from under the pressure. Serenity began to moan in discomfort as did Endymion and Solaris.
 
“Look into my memories now. Look back to the time when the King of the Sun died fighting outside of this universe. After this you won't want to save the life of this Terran prince, one who you think is worthy of saving.”
 
“I do not see how this Sun King bares any relevance to us at all. And furthermore…Endymion will always be worth saving,” Solaris ground out under the mental pain, looking to Endymion with a small smile, who returned it. Serenity smiled also, happy that her sister finally accepted the prince. Although happiness now was coming through thinly.
 
“Hear what I have to say before you decide.”
 
“What would that be?” Serenity asked icily. Suddenly Beryl's claws lifted from her eyes and Serenity was greeted with the sight of a man's mutilated body half covered with dirt. A dark figure stood over the body, blood dripping from his fingers and his unsheathed sword. Head hung low, dark hair covering his face. Why did those hands and that silver blade look so familiar? The sheen of that hair? The structure of that shadowed face?
 
“Look back to the time when Prince Endymion Theodore of Earth slaughtered the Lord of the Universe and King of the Sun Rosphan Sol, Royal Consort of the Moon, father of the twin daughters of Queen Serenity.”
 
************
Trin: unfortunately the next chapter is the last chapter
Lady, Blair and Endy: *sniffle*
Trin: wow…we uh…omg…Lady you take over…its too much for me! *pulls out giant hankie and blows* here Blair…*hands to unsuspecting muse*
Blair: gee…thanks…
Lady: *is speechless*
Trin: well that helps doesn't it?! *pulls out infamous foam mallet* you break out of that speechless stage right now missy! You can not give in to the depression. Fight it woman, fight it!
Lady: *makes a lame punch at the air*
Trin: *sigh* please read and review!