Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A New Beginning ❯ A New Beginning ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A New Beginning

By Fire Star

A full moon shinning through an open window. Stars twinkling in a clear blue sky. These are the first things I see upon awakening.

Lifting myself out of bed I feel different somehow. I don't really understand why, but I do. Then I realize I'm not in my room. The bedroom is dressed in shades of green and black like the forests at night, not at all like my room, which is colored in pastels like a garden in the sun. My room, which I slept in comfort each night waiting to greet the sun each day, but tonight I'm in a place much different than what I've become accustomed to. A place of such elegance that I've never seen.

Normally with night comes fear, but not tonight. Something about this makes me fear for myself, yet am comfortable with what might be revealed to me within the days to come. Slipping out of bed I walk toward the large paneled door hoping to find some answers. On the way I pass by a large mirror situated against the wall. Noticing it I look at my reflection for any physical signs on my body that might give clues to my current situation.

What I see before me is a translucent shadow of my once treasured beauty dressed in a nightgown of royal blue satin with silver trimmings and complemented by my hair within a French braid finished off with a royal blue bow. I lift the braid just suddenly realizing it and it's weight upon my hand unconsciously noticing that my skin seems to be paler than what I remember.

Wondering what might have happened to me during my time of unawareness I panic. My mind plays games with me digging up as many situations as possible from the recesses of my imagination. I try to shake off these feelings of fear and dread conjured up by my overactive imagination, but with no luck. Quickly moving to avoid any more dreadful ideas to form within my mind I run toward the door hoping for an escape forgetting my state of dress and ignoring the cold of the marble floor slamming against my feet.

Arriving at the door I quickly yank it open to be confronted by a man poised with a tray in one hand and the other ready to knock. I stand there stunned with a scream upon my lips, but no sound arrives.

The man strikes me to be familiar, but a stranger at the same time. He stands there a bit surprised, but with a smile tugging at the edge of his lips. Then smirking he asks to be let into the room. I agree to his intrusion by sidestepping out of his way while closing my mouth.

I slowly follow him back to the room that I recently slept in to the dinning area near the window, which I missed earlier. The dinning area consisted of a small table and two simple chairs, possibly for a quiet afternoon of tea.

He sits directly in front of the moonlight with his back toward the window. I guess it's to prevent any way for my escape, since I'm now too far from the door. I sit down as calmly as possible trying to avoid any expressions to cross my face alerting him to my state of mind.

He speaks first, which surprises me yet again because his voice is much deeper than what I expected. Even though he spoke earlier to gain entrance, I was too shocked to notice. While listening, I also try analyzing him.

He's about average height, maybe 6"2', with waist length straight, grayish-white hair set loose behind him, long bangs that just about cover his right eye, shockingly green eyes set within an elegant face, long tapering fingers, and lightly tanned skin contrasting against his dark suit. I can't help but think of him as an angel with his hair tinted silver from the moonlight.

As hard as I tried to pay attention I couldn't help but be fascinated with his looks than with what he had to say. That is until I realized, he was trying to find out about my current condition and whether or not I was hungry. I blushed at not answering sooner and replied yes.

The tray, which he brought in with him, seemed to be filled with steak and red wine. Normally I avoid red meat, but for one reason or another I couldn't resist the tantalizing morsel. I finished it all in no time and was surprised to realize I used my bare hands to eat the meat instead of the utensils. I was also surprised to notice that after finishing the wine, my hands were streaked red enough that I could've sworn it was blood. But how could that be, they were clean before my meal. Then I look at him and he just smiles, sending a chill down my spine. Who is he?