Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A wavering of the heart ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3

Approximately 3 weeks late in Tokyo

That morning Sun the shone brightly down upon the sleeping figure of a petit blonde as she lay sprawled out upon the bed. As the clock on the night table read 7:45am a harsh beeping emanated from the speakers causing a long pale arm to reach out from the bed and slap the snooze button.

The black cat which had been sleeping peacefully awoke and making its way to the girls head let out a blood chilling yowl! The girls blonde head flew from the pillow eyes open, mouth agape as she screamed,

"LUNA!!! do you have do that?!?!?!?"

"only when you set that infernal thing to interrupt my sleep" came the cats calm voice in answer to the high pitched sound.

"luna…" laughed the blonde "you know I had to set it earlier, I am leaving today"

"I know, and if you don't get ready and finish packing soon…" the cat began, "you'll miss that plane"

"NO! WAY!" the blonde cried in horror as she raced into the bathroom, her arms piled with warm clothes to protect her against freezing Eastern USA temperatures.

"Usagi, Usagi" came her mothers voice from the bottom of the stairs

"Coming!" cried the teenager rushing down the stairs

"your friends are here" said her mother gathering her into her arms for a hug

"I'm going to miss you mom" whispered Usagi

"I'm going to miss you too"

then Usagi ran to give both her brother and Dad a hug before dashing out the door after Makoto whom had come to get Usagi's bags.

"See ya in three weeks!" Usagi called to her family.

"have fun Usagi, and don't forget to write" her mother called after her as she leapt into Rei's car and settled herself in the back seat sandwiched between Minako and Ami.

"hi guys" she greeted them

"hi" they replied

"Odango look! We only have 15min to get to the airport, if you weren't such a lazybone we wouldn't have to worry about being late!" scolded Rei

"Rei-Chan lay off" mumbled Minako tactfully under her breath to avoid the raven haired beauties wrath.

"geez pyro, I just had to say good-bye"

"sure" Rei muttered rolling her eyes "and get enough food to last you a lifetime"

"what are you talking about?" she questioned…

"um…. I think she's referring to the smells coming from your carry on" stated Ami

"oh" Usagi mouthed vowing to search the bag later

"So Usagi, who was that hot guy at the party yesterday" questioned Minako turning to her friend

"wha'?"

"don't play dumb Usagi-Chan…"

"I don't think she has to pretend" grumbled Rei from the front seat

" you know, the tall guy… brown hair… grey eyes… "

"oh that guy" Usagi began waving her hand dismissively "I think his name was Seiya"

"oh, so what's up with you two? you looked pretty close"

"EW! Minako!" Makoto exclaimed in shock, "How could you say such a thing?"

"you know Odango can't see past the end of her nose, or Mamoru for that matter" laughed Rei

"Gomen" minako began pouting "Just you practically ignored us the whole evening"

"Sorry guys, just he was really nice and he helped me keep other guys away." Stated Usagi remembering how much fun she'd had with him.

noticing the far away look in their friends eyes Mako said,

"Come on Usagi-chan… what do you really think of him?"

"well" she started a red blush creeping over her cheeks.. "if I didn't have my Mamo-chan IthinkIwouldgooutwithhim" she finished rushing the last part

"WHOAH! Translation" requested Ami

" she said, I think I would go out with him"

"thanks Mina-chan"

"no prob. Ami"

"WHOA Odango… I think I have a little something to tell that lover boy of yours"

"hey Rei… I wouldn't say anything, or I'll just tell Chad about you and a certain blonde haired, green eyed guy"

"shut up Odango.."

"what blonde?" questioned Chad whom had been driving the whole time

"Nothing" stated Rei as the gang begged,

"Come on Rei, tell us more"

"Oh look! The airport!" stated Rei trying to evade their questions

"I'll get you later Rei" stated Usagi as Chad pulled up in front of the departures area of the airport.

The gang unloaded their suitcases from the car, as Rei said her good byes to Chad. Ami and Minako went to get luggage trolleys, and

upon their return the girls experienced some trouble trying to load eight monstrous suitcases onto the two little trolleys.

In the end they managed it and still had 10mins to check in, before they'd begin running late.

The line was enormous and seemed to stretch forever in either direction.

Spotting a group of guys she recognised from the party waiting near the middle of the line Minako hurried towards them.

"Hi, I'm Minako" she introduced herself flashing them a winning smile.

"Hi" replied one of the guys as he looked her over,

'hmm… average looking' Minako appraised him, "yes, well… my friends and I saw you here, and we were wondering if you were at that party two nights ago?" she questioned lookin up at him from under lowered lashes.

"Yes, we were" he replied mater of factly

"oh, well my friends and I saw you there…" while pointing towards the gang whom was waiting with their luggage.

As the guy looked towards them Makoto gave a little wave and a light seemed to go off in the guys head

"yeah! I remember you…" he stated "you want to wait here with us?"

"sure!" Minako piped up looking up, at him with her large baby blues letting them shine in gratitude. Minako almost laughed as she heard the guy's intake of breath.

How predictable she thought as she ran towards the gang to drag them foreword in the line.

And so our group of friends successfully bypassed more than half the line, checked in. They were still hanging with the guys as they made their way to the departure gate, and eventually got separated on the plane itself.

The plane was pact, and Usagi was instantly reminded of a cow pen, the way people were packed together, with barely enough room for their legs. To her right sat Minako and to her left was Ami. In the row behind them Rei and Makoto sat flirting shamelessly with a handsome young American in broken English.

'They seem to be having fun' Usagi thought to herself, as the safety instructions blared out over the in cabin speakers.

Nearly an hour later the plane was in the air, and the in-flight movie, which just happened to be Sailor V began.

"this could be fun.." Usagi whispered to Minako as they watched her in the movie which had made her a star.

"yes" Minako replied nudging her as she spotted the food trolley.

Their opinion of the flight took a turn for the worst as soon as they bit into their first bites of the horrid tasting of plane food.

***********

Meanwhile in the US

Darien had found himself in a state of inner turmoil. He found himself thinking more and more about Melanie. He knew that they were just friends, but he couldn't help wondering if they could be something more. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your point of view, that was always when a picture of his Usako entered his brain and banished the thought from his mind. That is when he got a real picture of his beloved at all, and not some screwed up half and half that looked like some kids colouring book where the kid could match the head to the body.

"hey Dare. How's is going?" asked Melanie as she ran to catch up with him

"not too bad" he replied slowing his pace.

"great! Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go to that party with me on Saturday." As Darien eyed her suspiciously she finished "just as friends. I don't want to go alone"

"ok… I'll check with Kevin… and call you later"

"k" said Melanie smiling sweetly as she turned to go, but was really thinking… 'damn! Kevin is too suspicious, I can't put operation Darien into affect with him around!"

*****

Back with the scouts

They landed in the California right on schedule and managed to get through customs with out a glitch. Usagi was near bouncing in delight as the group entered the arrivals zone and began to look for Usagi's aunt.

Spotting her Usagi rushed ahead calling, "Hi Auntie!"

"hello Usagi, are these your friends?" her aunt responded giving her niece a hug.

"yup!" then introducing them continued, "this is Minako, Rei, Ami, and Makoto!"

"nice to meet you!" they greeted her, and with the pleasantries over everyone followed her out to her car, and once again encountered the problems that arise when trying to pack eight massive suitcases into a specific area.

"Usagi… I thought you said your aunt lived outside New York?" questioned Minako as they finally left the airport with two suitcases on the roof of the van.

"Oh, that's her other house" whispered Usagi in reply

"so what do you want to do first?" asked Usagi's aunt

"um, Auntie, can we go to Stanford? I want to surprise Mamoru!"

smiling at her her aunt said,

"why not, it is on the way home!"

"YEAH!" Usagi cheered in reply as her friends chuckled in amusement, some things just never changed.

****

Back at the University

Mamoru was heading back to his dorm to find Kevin, when Melanie caught up to him for the second time that day.

"Hello Melanie"

"Hi Darien" she said leaning close

"What's up?"

"oh… nothing much" she responded, Standing on tiptoe to whisper in his ear "I was wondering if you'd like to come see Oceans 11 with me"

"um ok…" he responded shivers running down his spine from her warm breath

"great!" she exclaimed grabbing his hand and preparing to lead him down the halls when a voice cried in another language,

"Mamo-chan!.... Mamo-chan!" then as the footsteps came to a stop near him

"what are you doing? Who is that?"

Darien turned at the sound of that familiar beloved voice, to see the disapproving face of his Usako staring up at him. A hurt expression in her eyes

"who is that?" she questioned Melanie (in English) looking from the petit blonde beauty to her friends face.

"Usako…" he breathed drinking in her beauty

then in two long strides he closed the distance between them and scooped her up into his arms. While Melanie looked on an expression of jealousy marring her pretty features, going unnoticed by everyone, but Makoto whom had been eyeing her closely through out the exchange.

"Mamo-chan who is that?" whispered Usagi (in Japanese) from the safety of his arms

"a friend he responded" silencing her next question with a kiss

"Darien!" Melanie's voice came from behind them "who are these people?" She questioned as he broke off his kiss with the little blonde

Answering her in English he said,

"this is my girlfriend Usagi, and her friends."

"what are they doing here?" she demanded making the mistake and thinking that they did not know English

"we came to see him…" said Ami in perfect English

"you speak English?"

"of course!" stated Usagi glaring at her, she had the funny feeling that there was more between them than meet the eye.

"oh!" then turning to Darien, "your still going to come to the party with me aren't you?" she questioned with a slightly hurt expression that made his heart melt down into a pile of mush.

"I guess so… since I already said I would"

"yeah!" she exclaimed a giant smile gracing her features as a smaller one to appeared on Darien's.

In japanese

"mamo-chan, can we come too?" asked Usagi, looking at him with her large innocent eyes and hopeful expression.

If his heart was mush before now it was totally melted and lying in her hands along with the rest of him.

"yes usako, I'll take you" he replied

Usagi squealed in delight and launched herself into his arms, giving him a kiss.

Mamoru sighed happily against her lips as he felt that special feeling that only she could cause course through him, and as they broke apart he smiled whole-heartedly down at her thinking,

'usagi… really is the only one for me…'

"Well, why don't you come meet my room mate" Mamoru stated before leading Usagi with her friends in tow towards his dorm to meet his room mate.

Melanie tactfully caught Usagi's eye as the blonde studied her, and with a look she told usagi all she needed to know which was,

"you better watch him 'cause I know he likes me, and I could twist him around my little finger if I wanted to"

Usagi, taking a second glance at her tightened her grip on her beloved, suddenly afraid that maybe Melanie was telling the truth.