Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ After The Battle ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
After the Battle by Katrina Kadabra

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon. All characters belong to Naoko Takeuchi, with the exception of any original characters inserted by myself and others.

Rating: PG

Summary: The Sailor Star Seeds allow the senshi to be reborn again and again. But what happens when that power finally runs dry? It is now the era of Lady Serenity, and the children of the Sailor senshi are longing for answers as to why their parents disappeared...

Warnings: Contains spoilers from the StarS manga. If you have not read Sailor StarS through to the end, read the prologue more carefully, since it contains much of the information you'll need to know. Pairings in this story include: Usagi/Mamoru, Chibiusa/Helios, Ami/Urawa (Greg), Rei/Yuuichiro (Chad), Minako/Asai (Jamie), Makoto/Shinozaki (Ken), Hotaru/Elias (new character), Setsuna/Hallen (new character), Haruka/Taylor (new character), and Michiru/Nathan (new character.)

Credits: The author wishes to thank the following people for their wonderful character creations and allowing me to use their characters in this story: Ribo, Otakugirl_au, JK Secret, Burban83, and Krystal Earth. I hope the story is everything you wanted it to be.


Prolouge

A long time ago, I was a soldier known as Sailor Moon. I fought alongside my allies to protect my beloved planet from any evil invaders.

Time after time we were victorious. Though it seemed like every time, our enemies powers grew a little bit stronger. Until finally one day, there came an enemy I could not defeat on my own. That was Sailor Chaos.

Chaos was a wretched being, full of rage and hate for everybody. At first, he did his work through Sailor Galaxia, who sought to capture the most powerful star in the galaxy for herself. But when Galaxia no longer became useful to him, Chaos threw her to the side as well. I was led to battle with Chaos at the Galaxy Cauldron by Galaxia. That place in the galaxy from which all stars are born.

I almost lost everything in that battle. Each of my friends had been burned to dust before my eyes, only to be reborn as ghosts controlled by Galaxia's will, then hurled with their precious Star Seeds into the blackness that was the Galaxy Cauldron. Even my love, my precious Endymion, was gone in a single brief flash. I thought all hope was lost at that moment, my reason to fight was gone. But then I was visited by someone I never expected. My future self, in the form of a small child, came to me. Her name was Chibi Chibi.

I soon learned that Chaos had bonded with the Cauldron. Because of this, Chibi Chibi told me that I should destroy the Cauldron, there while I had the chance. I could end it all, stop the suffering I had seen so many times. But I couldn't do it. I guess I was just weak. But even if I had done it, the future would be the same. If this Cauldron was destroyed, another would be born somewhere. No one could destroy the place where stars were born.

So I gave everything, my all there. I called upon the power of my friends. Though I had heard their sorrowed cries as their bodies were reduced to nothing, and seen their Star Seeds melt into the sea of the giant cauldron, still I knew I could always call on their strength. No, there would not be an end to the fighting. It would go on for as long as stars shined. I gave every drop of energy in my spirit to forcing Chaos down, to trap him in the Cauldron for all eternity.

And I held my own. At the last moment, I felt my body being snapped away from the darkness. I was alive. And as look around me to see that my dreams had come true. My friends stood by my side. And my precious Endymion, he was there as well. Oh, how wonderful it felt to be held in his arms again. All I wanted to do was hold him, caress him, and tell him never to leave my side again. My friends celebrated my happiness, as they always had. We were together - we had each other once more.

At that moment, a new figure appeared to us. A small fairy, who introduced herself as the guardian of the Galaxy Cauldron. And she offered us a choice... do we throw ourselves into the Cauldron and start a new star's history? Or do we wish to live as we are? As we are, was my answer. No matter how tough this life, I want to live it. Together with my love and my precious friends. We will always pull through. The guardian seemed to agree and with a nod of her head, her staff glowed with power, surrounding us with a bright light, sending us to the future, to Crystal Tokyo.

And yes, after that, we experienced a time of peace. My beloved Endymion and I were wed that same night. As we kissed, I felt a warm feeling, a new star soon to be born. My daughter, Small Lady Serenity. It did not occur to me at this time, intoxicated as I was with pure happiness, that soon each of my friends would share in this joy, of being wed, of settling down to a family of their own, after all our hard battles. Nor would I have reasoned that not long after that, everything would come crashing down.

-Sailor Cosmos