Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Alternate Millennium ❯ Uh-oh, what did you do now, Sailor Pluto? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alternate Millennium (Title in Progress)
By Chmia
 
Author's Notes: This fan-fiction takes place after Sailor Moon Stars, but it will not concern the formation of Crystal Tokyo. There will be a little bit of time-travel, but don't worry too much about that. I'll try to keep it minimal and I will always tell you what the setting is, so you know what time period you are in.
 
Chapter three will have some graphic and disturbing images and I will warn you ahead of time and provide a small summary of those scenes if you want to skip them. There should be relatively little in the way of graphic and disturbing scenes, but if I think a scene may be a problem, I'll warn you ahead of time and provide a little summary.
 
On a completely unrelated side-note, I will not be using random Japanese words in this story. I do not claim to know Japanese at all, so it would be ridiculous if I attempted to use “baka” or whatever every now and then. However, I will use the Japanese version, when I know them, of the names of the characters.
 
This chapter, chapter one, has a slightly graphic scene in the second setting. I have placed an author's note in bold before the scene in order to warn you of its approach, but I have definitely read worse in other fanfiction.
 
This fanfiction will probably only be updated about once a month, as I am very slow in writing and completing my vigorous, drawn-out proofreading.
 
~~~~~
 
Chapter One: Uh-oh, what did you do now, Sailor Pluto?
First Setting: The present in Tokyo, Japan shortly after Sailor Moon Stars.
 
 
The hot summer sun's rays were unforgiving and beat down hard upon the citizens of Tokyo. School had closed its doors for a week in order to give its students a well-deserved summer break. For some, if her academic record was of any indication, perhaps the break was less than “well-deserved.” However, academic records are often briefly forgotten about during the summer break, thus it can be of no surprise that Usagi Tsukino had decided to beat the heat with a trip to the beach with her friends.
 
If the cats had any say in the matter, neither Luna nor Artemis would be sweltering underneath an umbrella on a towel next to Ami, never without a book to read. However, when one had Minako and Usagi as your owners, it was very difficult to argue with the blondes' desires.
 
The two blondes had caught the eye of a young, amateur surfer, who was futilely trying to instruct Minako and Usagi in the art of surfing. Shrieking loudly, Usagi screamed as a wave tumbled her off the surfboard and threw her forward into Minako. Minako vainly attempted to maintain her balance for all of two seconds before she was pitched forward into the water with her friend. Usagi's surfboard flew a few meters ahead of the two and collided into the teenage girls before they reached the shore in an undignified heap.
 
Mamoru looked a little worried as the wave carried the tangle of blonde hair to the shore and dumped them in heap onto the sand. Standing next to him was Rei, who was giggling under her breath at Usagi's latest klutz attack. A hand stifled her laughter, but the twinkle in her eye betrayed her amusement. Then, scoffing under her breath, Rei placed her hands on her hips as she shook her head in disappointment.
 
“Hey, everyone!” Makoto yelled, waving her hand in an attempt to catch her group's attention. “Come join in!” It had not taken the brunette long to find a group of boys to play volleyball against. There was nothing else she enjoyed more than showing a group of boys how strong a group of “defenseless” girls could be. Also, she would never be against a good competitive sport. The fact that several of the boys were cute and attractive did not hurt either.
 
The mere mention of Minako's favorite sport encouraged her to ditch her impromptu surfing lessons, but, of course, she did invite the cute surfer boy to join in the volleyball game. Usagi, hating to be left behind, dashed forward to catch up with the others. “Hey, wait up!” She yelled, waving her arms in the air. Ami, not very interested in participating in a competitive sport, declined the offer, but assured everyone that she would be watching from the sidelines.
 
Just as Ami was getting up from her lounge chair to go watch the game, she heard loud screams and shrieks coming from the water. Placing her reading glasses and book in her bag, she stood up and peered out toward the ocean. The black feline next to Ami jumped to her feet when the swimmers in the ocean began to pour out of the water in a panicked, frenzied mass. “Ami, what is going on?” Luna asked, quite concerned.
 
The lifeguard blew his whistle frantically and told everyone to get to the shore. “Shark!” Just as the lifeguard yelled the warning, Ami's mini-computer began to buzz in her bag. Dread filled in her heart as she reached down to reach for her senshi computer. A mere shark would not cause the alarm in her mini-computer to sound. Awoken from his nap, Artemis lifted his weary head up just in time to see the shocked look on Ami's face as she looked at the computer-screen.
 
“Youma,” she whispered, urgently looking toward the water.
 
The girls and boys had just started their first round of volleyball when Rei cried out and pointed toward the water. Emerging from the water was a large, reptilian youma. It stumbled awkwardly out of the water and fell on its knees onto the sand. Looking up in shock, it glanced around the beach at the commotion it had caused. At first, it appeared confused and disoriented, but the loud sounds of chaos quickly jerked it out of its stupor. A gleam in its eye appeared as the youma stood up and shouted in glee. “Give me your energy for the empire!”
 
The chaos provided an excellent cover for the girls and Mamoru to flee and transform without being noticed. Moments later, the sailor senshi appeared for the first time in months. The time of peace was over. “I'm the beautiful sailor-suited soldier, Sailor Moon, and in the name of the moon, you will be punished!” Sailor Moon held her wand outstretched toward the youma as the other senshi and Tuxedo Kamen gathered behind her.
 
The youma took one look at Sailor Moon and her senshi and laughed loudly. Pointing a clawed finger at the senshi and slapping a hand against a thigh, the youma said, “Are you going to try to give me a nosebleed with that ridiculous outfit?” The laughter turned into shrill, reptilian shrieks.
 
Sailor Moon gasped loudly as she looked down at her outfit in outraged dismay. “There's nothing wrong with my outfit!” Even as she defended her outfit, she blushed and unconsciously pulled her short skirt down with her hands. Something was tugging at the back of her memory the longer she looked at the reptilian youma. Sailor Moon's face lit up in surprised recognition and she began to bounce up and down as she pointed a finger at the youma. “Oh my god, I remember you! You're one of the first youma I fought against.” Confusion glazed over her eyes as a logical conclusion slowly formed in her mind. “But, I already defeated you.”
 
Sailor Mars reached forward and slapped her leader's shoulder from behind, “Hey, Sailor Moon. We don't have time for reunions.” Sailor Mars scolded her leader with a stern look.
 
The blonde yelped in surprise, and than was overcome by a fit of exaggerated anger. Sailor Moon turned around with her hands on her hips and yelled, “I'm getting to it!” Apparently, she wasn't moving fast enough, because Sailor Venus had already taken advantage of the youma's lapse in concentration for her to cast her attack, “Venus Love-Me Chain Encircle!”
 
The youma was taken by surprise and was unable to move fast enough to dodge the chain. Shrieking in anger, it thrashed wildly, but the wink chain was too strong to be broken or loosened by the youma's paucity of strength. Bound tightly by Sailor Venus' attack, the youma was unable to move as Sailor Jupiter barreled forward with a ball of tightly compressed lighting held in her hands. She threw it forward and slammed the attack forcefully into the reptilian youma. Another shriek of pain and surprise escaped the youma's throat just before it was thrown forward through the air. The wink chain was jerked out of Sailor Venus' hands as the weight of the flying youma caused her to fall forward on her face in the sand.
 
Tuxedo Kamen yelled a warning, “Look out, Sailor Moon!” as he dashed forward to save his moon princess from the impending collision.
 
Sailor Moon's next attack dissipated as she froze in fear and waited for the painful impact. Tuxedo Kamen was not nearly fast enough to prevent the youma from colliding into his terrified moon princess. The wink chain disappeared and re-appeared in Sailor Venus' out-stretched hands just as the youma and Sailor Moon hit the sea wall with a sickening crack. The destroyed concrete crumbled and fell on top of the two before the dust from the impact could disappear.
 
Neither the mysterious appearance nor the defeat of the youma concerned any of the senshi or Tuxedo Kamen. Sailor Venus, spitting sand, pushed herself up and quickly rushed forward with the rest of the senshi toward their fallen comrade. Tuxedo Kamen gathered Sailor Moon in his arms and shook her gently, “Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon.” Luna perched her front paws on Tuxedo Kamen's legs and gently licked Sailor Moon's cheek. There was no response from the unconscious girl. “Wake up, Sailor Moon,” Tuxedo Kamen pleaded. She had taken so many worse attacks throughout her years as a sailor senshi; surely this would not kill her?
 
Luna's face fell when her charge showed no immediate signs of recovery. Looking desperately toward Sailor Mercury, the feline asked for a medical analysis. The senshi of water did not need her computer to confirm what she could tell by a quick glance with keen eyes and medical experience.
 
“It is alright, she's just unconscious. We need to get her away from here before the authorities come.”
 
If the senshi of water or any of the other senshi had not been so concerned about Sailor Moon, perhaps they would have noticed that the youma, already previously acquainted with the unconscious senshi, had disappeared in a crackling of light. Sailor Mercury's computer screen saved the information and went blank with a beep as the youma, what the computer had locked onto for the readings, vanished.
 
~~~~~
Second Setting: Fall of the Silver Millennium on the moon.
 
Her eyes slowly opened and a tight-lipped groan escaped her lips as Sailor Moon shakily pushed herself up into a sitting position. Holding her head with a hand, she felt sore, but otherwise she felt surprisingly good after having a youma slam her through a concrete seawall. In fact, looking down at her body, Sailor Moon was surprised not to see many scratches or wounds. More surprising was that the neither the beach nor the senshi were anywhere in sight. She wasn't even at anyone's house or the senshi command center, not unless they recently repaved with a really rocky and uneven floor. “Everyone?” She asked, standing up to look around. It sort of smelled funny, sour and metallic with tinges of gunpowder.
 
“Oh god,” she held her slender hands up to her delicate, paling face. Strewn across the ground in disorganized heaps were dead human bodies. Lying, forgotten and ignored, were soldiers dressed in light, metal armor, stained with blood and pierced by swords and arrows. The burnt smell of flesh was pungent and violating Sailor Moon's delicate senses as she took in the horrifying sight. Not knowing what had happened, she just wanted to get away from the corpses. She was growing nauseous as the scene became more imprinted in her mind and the stronger the smell became.
 
“Oh god,” she whispered again and her voice grew more shrill. “Oh god!” Sailor Moon slowly took a few steps backwards, than turned on her heels and ran as fast she could. The terrified teenager was only able to run a few feet before she almost stumbled over one of the corpses. Shrieking, she jumped to the side.
 
“Please, senshi, help me.”
 
Terrified, Sailor Moon whirled around when she heard the strangled, faint voice that gasped for help. She was afraid to speak, even to ask who had just spoken to her. Whoever or whatever had brutally killed all these people could still be around and she could be next! The only people she had seen so far were dead. Briefly, pictures of the latest zombie horror movies flitted through Sailor Moon's mind. A whimper escaped her lips and she wrapped her arms around herself as she shivered involuntarily.
 
“Please, senshi.”
 
There was that voice again! Sailor Moon frantically searched for the source of the voice, if anything only so she could flee from it. Something brushed against her foot, causing her to squeal in terror and leap away. She stood poised with her wand in mid-spin for an attack, but froze when she saw that a dying soldier had reached out to touch her. A weapon had torn through his side and the wound had already begun to bleed heavily. Gasping, she covered her mouth with one hand when she saw the internal organs oozing out of the wound. Smaller wounds littered his body and his chest armor, cut by a mighty blade, was hanging to the side. Most of his chest was covered by the armor, but it looked oddly caved in, as if someone had brutally stomped on his ribcage and punctured a lung.
 
Wheezing, the soldier's body futilely tried to clear its punctured lungs by coughing up blood. He did not have enough strength to turn his head, so the blood splattered and bubbled over his mouth, falling back onto his face and neck. The soldier looked up at Sailor Moon with pleading eyes, not to be healed, but to die quickly.
 
She did not know what to do! Collapsing on her knees, she gently touched the soldier's face with her hand and whispered to him, “Shh, don't speak.” Tears began to fall from her eyes as she tried to unburden the soldier from his armor, but doing so caused him even more pain. “Sorry!” She gasped, choking back another sob. She had not meant to cause him any pain, only to ease it! Ripping off a bit of her skirt, she gently dabbed at his mouth until the blood was cleaned away.
 
At this point, it would be too difficult to use her crystal, so Sailor Moon gently took the soldier's head in her lap and soothed him with a tender hand and words of a better place until he had passed. She mourned for the unknown soldier and all those lying in the battlefield around her.
 
After his passing, Sailor Moon tried to put him in a more peaceful position, but she couldn't bring herself to look at or go near his gorged side. After a few moments, she could not be near the carnage anymore and Sailor Moon fled blindly as far away as she could. The heroine was disappointed in herself, for not being able to do more for the soldier.
It was hard to ignore the bloody scenes around her, but the tears in her eyes helped to blur her vision. After she found a relatively isolated part of the battlefield, she sank onto her knees and buried her face in her hands as she cried quietly. Her eyes were drawn to the sky and a familiar sight haunted her into an even more dreadful realization than the fresh battlefield. “I'm on the moon,” she breathlessly whispered.
 
Shining above her was the Earth, such a warm, wonderful comfort in contrast to the desolate and bloody rock she was sitting on. Reaching out with a hand, as if to touch the Earth, she said, “I don't understand. What's happened?”
 
Something shimmered in the distance. Sailor Moon peered closer, trying to see what was shining and then her eyes widened when more shimmering lights appeared. Coming to stand on her feet, she began to run toward the shimmering lights ahead. The closer she ran toward them, the more that appeared. They were oh so beautiful! If only, she could grab one and float away with it.
 
Finally, Sailor Moon's tired legs carried her close enough to see that the shimmering lights were not lights, but bubbles. What had seemed so inviting and comforting, at first, seemed slightly ridiculous, now, but such feelings were about to change. After seeing all that she had seen on the moon, the last thing that Sailor Moon wanted to recognize were people inside of the bubbles.
 
Eyes widening in shock, she turned around just as a bubble flew past her and into the black, sky of space. There was not a person in there but, “Artemis!” The blonde cried, running after the fleeing bubble. Waving her arms in an attempt to be seen, Sailor Moon called loudly for Artemis. The white feline flew upward inside of the bubble with not a glance toward the blonde, not even an ear twitch. From further away, another bubble flew upward to join Artemis. “Luna! Luna!”
 
Sailor Moon's heart fell when she did not get a response from either cat. Could they not hear her or even see her? She felt so lost, frightened, and confused. It was not a comfort to know that she was on the moon when all she could see was bloody carnage everywhere she looked! “Rei!” Where were the senshi and why had Artemis and Luna been stuck inside of a bubble flying toward the Earth. Last she had remember, they had all been on the beach enjoy a beautiful summer day. So much had happened and she didn't remember anything.
 
“Minako!” She had been to the moon before and it had been pristine with the ruins of the moon kingdom dotting its surface. There had been no dead people. “Ami!” It had been restored, but Sailor Moon had never been up here since. Surely, no one had come to live on the moon in the restored moon palace? She would have known if that had happened. “Makoto!” How could so many people get to the moon and why were they all slaughtered mercilessly? Something new must have invaded the solar system and she could find none of her friends. “Mamoru! Mamoru!” What if something had happened to them and they were among the deceased?
 
She wanted to shriek and cry in frustration, but something was telling her to move away from this scene. Pulling her eyes away from the black sky of space, Sailor Moon looked toward the horizon behind her. What she saw did not make any sense to her already confused mind. The ruins of the moon palace were not far away. If it had been restored, than it had been destroyed during whatever event had already taken place. Gathering up her strength and unsure of what she would find, the senshi of the moon sprinted toward the ruins.
 
It would have taken less time to simply travel straight ahead, but that path would have taken her through another area of the battlefield. Oh, how she wished she could have helped the wounded soldiers, but so many had suffered a brutal death already. The soldiers were too far gone and to be near them wounded her heart. She could do nothing for them; not even the crystal could help them now. The first soldier had recognized that she was a senshi, a symbol of hope and love, but she wasn't able to do anything to help them. By not helping them, it felt as if their blood stained her hands.
 
Caught up in her heart's torment, Sailor Moon nearly stumbled into the stone entrance to the ruins. Her breath halted in her throat as she braced herself against the stonewall and memories forced entrance into her mind.
 
The clean, purified water sprouted forth from the marble fountain and highlighted the beautiful stones at the bottom. A slender hand gently traced the surface of the water and gazed upon herself. A young girl, just entering her womanhood, with long, shimmering, golden tresses, putting the sun to shame, placed a white flower in the strands of her hair. Even one as young as she had already had her love promised to another man, one that she had yet to set her own eyes upon.
 
Love was not a familiar subject and it was frightening to become so intimate with “love” in only a matter of years. Previous encounters with “love” had been vastly limited to watching the soldiers from afar and gossiping with the ladies of her court about the young nobles. Ever since she had been given a book of romance by the lady of her court from Venus, “love” had filled her dreams. In her dreams, “love” seemed so marvelous and breath taking. This, reality, was not how she had dreamed it!
 
“Princess Serenity” The soothing voice calling to her untimely interrupted the young girl's worries. As if she had been caught in the throes of wrongdoing, she hastily plucked the flower from her hair and let it fall into the fountain to float forgotten. Princess Serenity went to greet her mother.
 
Sailor Moon stood still next to the stone wall with a far-away look as she clung to the brief memory of her mother from the Silver Millennium. Truly, she knew so little of her mother. Memories were far and few between and the meeting, with a hologram, had never satisfied her yearnings for more knowledge. As the years went by, Luna's memory had improved and the feline had told her charge everything that the blonde wished to know of her life during the Silver Millennium. Nothing was ever enough.
 
Yes, she had begun to remember so much more, but… It was her life, a past life, which she could not remember clearly and it felt as if she couldn't remember a part of herself. Than, there was the future that she had glimpsed. It was just as equally frustrating to have her future existence, one she knew little about, paraded in front of her as the glory of the world.
 
Shoving herself away from the stone wall, Sailor Moon went further into the ruins in search for an answer to her plight. The destruction was not nearly as gruesome inside of the ruins. It seemed that the collapse of the building had caused most of the destruction inside of the ruins rather than the brutal fighting that had taken place outside. Flashes of memories assaulted her as she traveled through the ruins. None of the flashes of memories were as substantial as when she first entered. They were more like snapshots from a camera.
 
Not far away, Sailor Moon could see the destroyed outline of what once had been a large, slender tower made of marble. As soon as her eyes recognized what it was, she knew that was where she needed to go. The distance was not terribly far, perhaps a couple hundred feet, but still she sprinted. The fear in her heart began to settle as she neared the tower, for she knew with confidence that this was where she needed to be. All her questions would be answered at the tower of marble.
 
When Sailor Moon reached the tower, her heart, burdened with grief, fell and all of her emotions flooded and overwhelmed her. “Queen Selenity!” She cried, dashing forward to kneel at the queen's side. Lying on the ground in a heap was the queen of the Silver Millennium.
 
Her heart had been so certain that this tower had held the answers and the hope that she so desperately needed, but now she regretted ever laying eyes on the wretched thing. Gathering the unconscious woman in her arms, Sailor Moon urgently whispered to the mother of her past to wake and speak. “Please, Queen Selenity, wake up.” The pieces of the puzzle were beginning to fall into place in Sailor Moon's mind, but the conclusion was not something she wanted to think of. The woman lying in her arms was far from a hologram.
 
Queen Selenity's breathing escaped in ragged gasps for air from her pale, slender throat. Her hand clutched an ornate wand tightly to her chest, as if protecting an infant from harm. Indeed, it did look like she had been put in harm's way. The white, formal dress she wore was ragged and no longer clung to her frame, and bruises and scrapes marred her pale skin. The distress done to her paled in comparison when one thought of the soldiers surrounding the ruined city, but still, for the queen to have suffered such damage was significant and hinted at many tales and horrors.
 
Sailor Moon marveled at the wand that Queen Selenity was clutching, for it was the same wand that had been given to her when she was younger. Hesitantly, her fingers went to touch it gently in fond remembrance. The gentle touch stirred the wand against the queen's breast and her eyes fluttered open. “Oh!” She gasped, twisting to get out of Sailor Moon's arms. The queen was far too weak to struggle. Cloudy, cerulean blue eyes gazed up to look at who was gently restraining her and a gentle, relieved smile crossed her face when she saw who it was.
 
“Oh my daughter, Princess Serenity. How beautiful you have become on your wedding day.”
 
Confusion quickly swept across Sailor Moon's face when she heard Queen Selenity's statement. It was understandable for Sailor Moon to be mistaken as Princess Serenity. After all, she was the reincarnation of the moon princess. However, this was not what confused her. “My wedding day?” She questioned, quietly, so as not to startle the woman in her arms. Unfortunately, Queen Selenity ignored the younger girl's question.
 
“Despite all the hardships it has created, I've never regretted choosing Prince Endymion as your future spouse.” The queen reached out with an unsteady hand to cup Sailor Moon's cheek. Startled, Sailor Moon placed her hand over the queen's hand as tears began to spill over the teenager's cheeks.
 
“Daughter, never forget what love is to you. Cherish it.” Her words were growing softer and her eyelids were struggling to hold open, finally she closed them as she whispered. “Please, never …”
 
“Yes, mother?” Sailor Moon whispered, feeling a tightening in her chest as she gripped her mother's trembling hand tightly. Her eyes widened in horror as the hand in hers ceased trembling and the breathing quietly quelled. Panic struck the blonde quickly as she began to gently shake Queen Selenity. “No, Queen Selenity! Please, mother…”
 
Overcome with grief, Sailor Moon held her mother of a past life tightly in her arms as she sobbed in great heaves. Ever since she had arrived on the moon, her emotions had been thrown around like a rag doll. Finally, when it seemed as if she had found a source of comfort and an answer to everything, Queen Selenity had died in her arms without realizing that Sailor Moon was even with her. Sailor Moon didn't know why she was here and what had happened to cause all of this death.
 
“Sailor Moon.”
 
Surprised, Sailor Moon's tears were choked back as she whirled her head to look above her. The dim eyes regained a hopeful twinkle as she saw who stood above her. Her face lit up and she exclaimed happily, “Sailor Pluto!” Queen Selenity's body was gently placed on the ground before Sailor Moon leapt up and wrapped her arms tightly around the senshi of time. If anyone would be able to explain to her what had gone wrong, than it would be Sailor Pluto. At the very least, even if the senshi of time refused to tell Sailor Moon anything, at least she could take comfort in having a dear friend by her side.
 
Sailor Moon did not notice that it took a few moments for Sailor Pluto to warmly return the hug. The hug was brief, but it provided the younger senshi with much needed comfort and reassurance. Ending the hug and taking a step back, she looked expectantly at Sailor Pluto for answers, “Sailor Pluto, what has happened!” Kneeling back on the ground, she lovingly pushed back a loose strand of Queen Selenity's hair and straightened the top of her dress. Looking back toward Pluto, she tried to explain her story.
 
“The youma are back, but I don't know where I am or where the other senshi are. I'm on the moon and everyone is dead! No one is even supposed to be living up here, anymore.” Her tone of voice was frantic and upset as she did some exaggerated hand motions, than admitted defeat and placed her hands in her lap while she looked down at Sailor Pluto's feet. “Queen Selenity is … dead. I don't know why she's here.” The switch in her tone, from defeated to angry, was sudden. “I should have known she was alive!”
 
The senshi of time allowed the distraught Sailor Moon to explain her story, even when she began to grow slightly hysterical, switching her emotions quickly. When the younger senshi appeared to be finished, Sailor Pluto motioned for her to stand. “There is much to tell you, Sailor Moon. Listen to me.”
 
Sailor Moon's mouth opened slightly, but she quickly closed it and quietly stood to her feet. Pluto motioned with her hand for the younger senshi to follow her. Sailor Moon was a little hesitant at first, because she knew very well that bloody carnage was around every corner. She didn't feel as if her heart or stomach could take much more of it. However, she was very eager to hear an explanation. Resolving her will, Sailor Moon took in a deep breath before following the senshi of time. “But, can I at least make sure my mother is buried properly?” She asked, holding a hand to her breast as she looked back toward the body lying on the ground.
 
Sighing, the senshi of time stopped, but did not turn around to look into the other's eyes. Her hand tightened on her staff before she firmly shook her head. “You are not to interfere.” Sailor Moon looked at Pluto in shock before she firmly denied that she would go any further until Queen Selenity was buried.
 
Turning away from Pluto without waiting to hear a word, the blonde knelt on her hands and knees and began to push away the dust. The elder senshi did not turn around or look at Sailor Moon until the other senshi was standing by her side. Brushing the dust away from her uniform, she took in a deep, shaky breath before saying, “thank you.”
 
She found it very uncomfortable that Sailor Pluto did not speak at first, but she wasn't about to question the senshi of time. After a minute or so of walking, Sailor Pluto had led her to an area of the moon that had not suffered any visible damage or at least nothing involving blood and corpses. For the first time since she had arrived, Sailor Moon allowed herself to relax a little. “Sailor Moon, I never meant for you to see any of this. This time was not meant for you.”
 
Regret was abound, but in truth, there was no one else that would be able to make things right, despite what Pluto had said. The time was not supposed to have happened, but Sailor Moon was needed to correct the wrongs. “I don't understand, Pluto.”
 
“This,” Sailor Pluto said, indicating the wide expanse around them with her hand, “is the end of the Silver Millennium.”
 
End Chapter One
 
~~~~~
 
Author's Notes: Unfortunately, I can't say too much about the story ahead, but I will tell you that I have wanted to write this for quite awhile. At first, I was going to make it into a Sailor Moon RPG, but there were too many specific things that needed to happen. It would be harder to control the plot and storyline in an RPG.
 
There will be some custom characters in this story, but none of them will be senshi or have extraordinary powers. In fact, I have plans for a few custom characters to truly be important to the storyline or to Usagi's development as a character. I find it rather annoying when such characters are introduced, although I am guilty of doing such in the past. Don't worry, the canon characters are still a major part of this story and you should see all of the senshi, at one point or another.