Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Angel Standing By ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







ASBch1



AN: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE REVIEWS!!! I LOVED THEM!!! I WAS ECSTATIC WHEN I FOUND OUT HOW MUCH YOU GUYS LOVE THIS SO FAR!! AND IT WAS ONLY THE PROLOGUE!!! Ok, I am going to respond to some reviews, so you may want to read this.
...... Katlin Grace reviewed my story..... not only that, she LIKED me story!!!!! When I found out I got up and bounced around the room!!! I REALLY DID!!!! ..... Katlin Grace.... you asked me to read your story... I think you will be very happy to know that I'VE READ IT THREE TIMES!!! ^_^ I LOVE IT!!! AND THE SEQUEL!!!!
Also, Serenity Moon asked me to read her story, and I've read that to! Keep up the good work!!!!! You go girl!!!
.... I wanted to respond to everyone... but that would take WAY to much time. BUT IF YOU REVIEWED, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I CAN HONESTLY SAY I LOVED ALL THE REVIEWS AND THEY INSPIRED ME TO WORK ON THIS HARDER!!!
Oh, one more thing... I've started making pictures with Apple Works where there are two people from different animes. Anyone have any good romance pics of Bulma and Vegeta? I want to cut Bulma out and put in Serena. LOL! Not that I don't like Bulma.... I just like Serena with Vegeta better than Bulma with Vegeta.

Disclaimer: Hey, I had one in the prolog, why do I need one now? NYAAAAHHHH!!!!



Chapter One:

A loud beeping sound filled her head. She moaned and opened her eyes. After a moment, she registered the sound and reached for her communicator groggily.
"Moon here," she mumbled after she pressed the receive button.
"Moon! Sorry to wake you, and I know your sick, but there's a youma at the shrine! We're being beaten, and we really need your help!"
"I'll be there, Serena mumbled and cut the transmission. She stood up and transformed. The rush of power healed her somewhat, and she felt much better, though still weak. She jumped out her window and started running towards the shrine.

A shadowed figure watched her leave, it's eyes narrowed. After a moment, it started after her.

"STARLIGHT HONEYMOON THERAPY KISS!!" Sailor Moon shouted as she dusted the youma. She fell onto her knees, breathing heavily. It had been a very strong youma. She had several scratches, many bruises that she knew were going to hurt like hell the next day, and a gash on her upper arm. Her senshi were in the same, if not worse, condition. She was exhausted from the energy used for the attacks and all the running, dodging, and physical attacks she had used. Mars slowly stood up and went inside the temple, coming back out with several water bottles which she tossed to the other senshi, saving one for herself. The others gladly drank the proffered water, and slowly stood up and detransformed. As soon as Serena had, she began to feel sick again. It had been hard keeping the feeling at bay while she fought the monster, so she had tapped into the Silver Crystal's power. She was feeling weak because of this, and her head hurt more. After she had said goodbye to her senshi, (insisting several times that she was fine and didn't need to be escorted home) she started down the steps of the temple. The others stayed to talk for a few minutes, but she wanted to sleep, and besides that, she wanted to be alone.
About half-way to her house, a wave of nausea hit her. She stumbled and had to lean up against the side of a building. Her breath was coming quicker, and the toll of the fight while being sick started to take its toll. She suddenly felt very weak, and suffered a wave of vertigo. She tried to keep standing, but her fever was returning, and she collapsed.
Right before her eyes closed, she saw a dark figure over her. It leaned down, and she saw through half closed eyes that it was male, and that he had a muscular build, though she could not make out his face or features. She felt him pick her up, and she suddenly felt safe and warm. Her eyes dropped the rest of the way down, and she fell into a feverish sleep.

The man scowled down at the girl in his arms. 'Baka onna, going and fighting while recovering from that. Her fever is back. She shouldn't have fought.' But he knew she would have no matter what. Her friends had needed her, and she would never abandon her friends. He sighed as he carried her back to her house. At least he was there to protect her. 'Forever.' He jumped from the ground to her balcony, landing smoothly before the door with cat-like grace. Bringing up one knee to lean against the wall beside the door, he balanced Serena with one hand and his knee while sliding the door open with his other hand. Once inside, he gently placed her on the bed and drew the covers up. Her face showed disappointment at being separated from the warmth, and she snuggled deeper into the blankets. The man smiled slightly and brushed a lock of hair out of her face.
"I'll always be here to protect you, Tenshi." he whispered. "Always." For the second time that night, he left her in a peaceful sleep.

The next morning, Serena woke feeling refreshed. She noticed that for the first time in several days, she actually felt hungry! Her fever was gone. Smiling to herself, she went to take a shower.
As she shampooed her hair, she thought about the feelings she had been having the past few days. She had felt she was being watched- but not in a bad way. Almost as if there was someone watching over her, looking out for her. So far it had just been a feeling and no proof, so she had brushed it aside. But then there were the dreams...
All she could see was a faint outline of a man. He had a muscular build, and his hair was tall and- pointy? The dream hadn't been anymore than that until last night. She had heard the man say that he would always be there for, to protect her. He had called her Tenshi.
And then there was what had happened last night. She had collapsed on the way home, and seen the same outline of the man in her dreams standing over her. When she awoke that morning, she was in her bed. And feeling much better as well. After thinking about it, she decided that she must have made it home on her own but been too out of it to remember. The man she saw must have been another dream. Still, she thought as she stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself, she couldn't help but feel...
She was pulled out of her thoughts when Luna called to her from her room. Serena went in and Luna immediately pounced on her, wanting to tell her every detail of her vacation. Serena laughed and listened as she got dressed. She went down to make breakfast, taking Luna with her who was still chattering away. Luna didn't finish until long after Serena was done eating. They chatted for a another hour about what had been going on while Luna was gone, the youma the inners had fought, and various other things. Serena was glad she could talk to Luna like this. She had always been very close to Luna, but she had always been more like a mentor. Now she was more like a close friend or a sister. After all, as a human, Luna was 20, only three years older than Serena.
Still, Serena couldn't bring herself to tell Luna about her feelings for Darien. What would she think? Would she try to force Serena into marrying Darien because she thought it was best for the world? Would she say that it was just a phase? Would she say Serena was just imagining the whole thing? That it was just a rough spot in the relationship? Whatever she said, Serena wasn't sure she would want to hear it. And she definitely didn't want things to change between her and Luna. She liked things the way they were.
After awhile, Luna left to see Artemis again. Why, Serena didn't know; she had just been with Artemis for nearly an entire week. 'I guess it's one of those things that people in love do,' She thought. When she realized what she had just thought, she laughed bitterly. She should be able to understand; she was in love to. Wasn't she? She already knew the answer to that.
No, she wasn't.
She sighed and went to start her day of rest and recuperation in front of the tv.


"So Darien, what do you want to do today?" Serena asked. They were sitting on a park bench.
Darien shrugged. "Whatever you want to do." Serena was unperturbed by his lack of input; she was used to it. She looked up into the sky and watched the clouds drifting lazily by. After a moment she looked back at Darien.
"How about a movie?" she asked.
"I don't think they're showing any new ones," came the reply. Serena looked at her hands, trying to think of something to do. She couldn't just leave; they were on a date.
"Ok... how about a picnic?" No response. Serena turned back to Darien. He seemed to be watching something. "Darien?"
"Huh?" He said, not really paying attention as he watched a group of high school girls walk by. He seemed to be totally focused on them, or their looks, anyway. Serena made an exasperated noise and stood up. Darien looked back at her, surprised, as she began to walk off.
"Where are you going?" he asked.
"I'm not feeling so well. I'm going home." Serena told him without turning around. He didn't try to stop her or say anything else.


When she got home she went up to her room and slammed the door. She started pacing.
"God, he is so aggravating!! " she yelled.
"Who?" asked Luna, who had just come in through the window.
"Darien!" Serena exclaimed. She sighed. "Sit down Luna, I have to tell you something."
Serena told Luna exactly how she had been feeling. She no longer cared what Luna thought; Luna couldn't make her do anything, and not telling anyone was driving her crazy! But surprisingly enough, Luna wasn't too upset. She agreed with Serena about Rini still being born, and she also said that she had noticed Serena wasn't very happy around Darien.
"I don't think you should be forced into marriage," Luna said slowly, "Especially if you do not love him. What you felt on the moon could have changed, and from what I've noticed and you've told me, it has. I think you need some space from each other. Crystal Tokyo doesn't have to happen. Once I thought it did, but when I saw you so upset, I had to stop and think about it. No one knows what will happen if Crystal Tokyo does not exist; maybe it will be ok, or even better! No one knows. And no one should. To know your own future is to give up your freedom."
After more talking, Serena felt much better. She was finally able to come to a decision; she would break up with Darien. With no restrictions, she could do whatever she wanted with her life. And that meant that she could be in a relationship that she wanted, and end a relationship if she wanted. She didn't have to worry anymore. A great burden had been lifted from her, and she was very grateful. For once, she felt like she could make her own destiny.

Serena gasped in pain. Her whole body screamed as she tried drag herself to a phone, to a house, anywhere where she could get help. Blood leaked sluggishly from a gash on her forehead. There were burn marks all over her body, though her arms and legs were also frostbitten. Gashes and scratches covered her body where razor-sharp leaves had cut into her. There were white heart-shaped marks all attached like a chain, the edges bleeding slightly when the weapon had pierced her skin. But what hurt the most was the pain inflicted on her heart.
Apparently Darien had wanted to be king more than she had thought. She had gone to his apartment to break up with him. First he refused to let her leave, and told her that he would force her to stay with him. He had hit her, and she had felt despair- before rage had taken it's place. She had run out the door after giving him a punch in the stomach, thankful that she had kept her strength a secret from him and the other scouts. She had run blindly, somehow making her way to the park. What was she going to do?
Unfortunately she had no time to decide. Darien had contacted the scouts, convincing them that she wasn't Serena, but a youma in disguise. They believed this because they believed that Serena was very much in love with Darien. She wouldn't just break up with him. They thought that an enemy was trying to split them apart to stop Crystal Tokyo. They also didn't think that Serena had enough strength to fight Darien and get away.
Darien had followed Serena, using a Cell Phone to contact the scouts. They had arrived in only a few minutes. If only Amy had used her computer to scan Serena, she would have found that she was human and had the right DNA. If only Serena had had time to bring out the crystal, but she was attacked to fast. If only the scouts hadn't rushed into the battle before asking questions. They didn't even insist that she take them to the real Serena, but that was probably because they knew youmas would never cooperate. When a Mercury Aqua Rhapsody had sent Serena flying into the woods, she had given up all hope. She heard the scouts trying to find her, and she knew it was only a matter of time. She could not speak; she was hurting to much. She could not move.
Jupiter had walked right by her, but seemed not to see her. Serena wondered if she was already dead and she was seeing the world as a spirit. But then why was she in so much pain? After a little while, she heard the scouts leave.
And now here she was. She didn't know why the scouts had attacked her, for they had said nothing. She thought she had been betrayed. She was broken and bruised and bleeding heavily. She was alone struggling to keep conscious. She could barely move.
A dark shadow fell over her. She squinted up, trying to make out the shape. She could not see it, but could feel that this was the one who had been protecting her. The same one who had taken her home when she had collapsed after the battle. The figure knelt down beside her.
"Tenshi," whispered a hoarse voice, as if he was struggling not to cry. "Forgive me. I couldn't protect you." Serena just looked at him through half closed eyes, not knowing if he was part of her imagination or real. The pain was unbearable, and everything was hazy. Reality and imaginary began to merge. "Don't worry, I'll take you a way from here. I'll keep you safe and I'll take care of you. It won't hurt much longer," she thought she heard him whisper as she was overcome with darkness. She thought she felt him pick her up, but she was too far under to know.
If this was death, she didn't care anymore.

END CHAPTER TWO

AN: I know, this probably wasn't as good a chapter. It will get better, I PROMISE!!! I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone!!! *sniff* AGAIN, PLEASE REVIEW!!!!! Please?!?!?