Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Athena Hope ❯ Athena ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
This was written in a moment of feelings. I was feeling very lyrical when I wrote this. It’s my first drabble. This drabble is from Usagi’s point of view on her 2 week old preemie daughter.

~*~

Athena Hope

Athena Hope, my little girl. How fragile you are at this moment. Here in your incubator with your life being sustained by machines.

My little Hope, how I wish I could hold you right now. But your frail body might crumble within my very hands.

How it hurts me that there is nothing I can do to help you. Setsuna says it would be irresponsible of me to heal you.

Oh my precious baby, how I wish for once I could use the Silver Crystal selfishly. Use it to save your body and soul.

Oh how my heart weeps to see you as you are right now . See the life I carried only but five and a half months within my body.

Your father, bless his soul, is holding it together for both our sakes. I hear him weep at night as we sleep.

We both shed tears at the thought you might not live, and might parish within your frail little 2-week-old body, that is no longer than a pen.

I am sorry, little Athena that your grandparents have not come to see you. But they can’t stand to see their only granddaughter so helpless.

I hear you cry and know inside there dwells a spirit. Setsuna says you are a fighter. Otherwise, you would have not surpassed the doctor’s one-week prediction that we would lose you, yet you continue to hold onto life.

Setsuna knows something she is not telling me. Oh how I wish I could make her tell me the secrets she hides within herself about you.

Oh, Athena Hope, I hope you know your mommy and daddy love you oh so very much. We look forward to a time when we can hold and love you.