Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Bluff Master ❯ The perfect partner ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I don't own the characters.

This story is inspired by one of those Bollywood movies I've been watching lately called, surprise of all surprises, 'Bluffmaster'. Although it's inspired by the movie I can assure everyone that the plot has nothing to do with it, although Haruka indeed is the master of bluff in this story, so to speak.

'Bluff' is just a different word for 'con'.

A/N : I know Japan doesn’t have a president but for this fic we’ll pretend it does.

Bluff Master
Chapter nine
- The perfect partner -


She didn't really know where she was but she did know that she wasn't at the hospital anymore. She could no longer hear that annoying beeping sound the monitors next to her bed made. That wasn't all she noticed. Somehow she found it impossible to open her eyes to find out where she was. She knew she wasn't alone though. Someone was watching her.

It took Haruka a few more minutes before she could finally open her eyes again. Her vision was a bit of a blur at first but after blinking a few times she could clearly see where she was. She was back in her room again. Back at the president's mansion. With that she looked up at the person who had been watching her. It was Hotaru.

The blonde tomboy sighed. She had hoped Michiru would be there when she woke up. They still had a few things to discuss. First of all, Haruka had to convince Michiru that their kiss was just a mistake. And that there wasn't going to be a second one either. Now all she had to do was convince herself of this as well. ''Good evening Mr. Ten'oh.''

''Evening?'' Haruka questioned the maid who simply nodded in reply. ''How did I get here?''

Hotaru giggled. ''The president must really like you,'' She paused for a moment. ''He made sure the nurse signed your release papers. He even personally drove you home. You've been unconscious for....About.....o-over twelve h-hhours...''

At first Haruka didn't understand what had been the cause of Hotaru's strange behaviour but when she looked down she understood. She wasn't wearing much clothing besides a bra and a pair of boxers. ''I...'' Haruka started, trying to think of a good excuse.

''It's ok.'' Hotaru quickly said as Haruka covered herself. ''I won't tell the president. I won't tell anyone. I was the one who stripped you out of your clothes so...you don't hace to worry.'' The maid's blush grew deeper. She was almost acting like a little child who had accidentally walked into her parents who were having sex or something.''

''You're cute.'' Haruka commented the black haired girl before lying down again. She slowly brought her hand up, holding her head. 'My head hurts...why am I having these attacks all of a sudden? Why now?'

''I heard about your condition...'' Hotaru went on. ''Makoto asked me to take good care of you. You should rest a lot though, that's what the doctors said.''

''Did they tell you anything about my operation in America?'' The blonde asked. She didn't really care about what the doctors were expecting of her. All she wanted right now was to get healthy again.

''Not much. They only told us how much it would cost. I don't think you'll be able to pay them.'' The black haired girl whispered, a bit ashamed over what she just had said.

''I think I can handle.''

''You must be a pretty good vocal coach then.'' Hotaru said, a bit surprised by the other's confident. ''They said it would at least cost two million dollars. Excluding the money you'll have to pay for your flight, stay and other luxery.''

Haruka smiled a bit. A vocal coach wouldn't be able to pay that but a bluff master surely could. ''How predictable. Once again the governement proves me wrong. They really do care about money. Nothing else.''

''That's a proven fact.'' Hotaru giggled. She could see right through Haruka's façade. The blonde wasn't completely over the shock. ''How are you feeling? Does your head still hurt a lot?''

Haruka nodded slightly. She didn't like to admit it but the pain was almost unbearable. ''I could use an asperine. I'd prefer a five though.''

Again a giggle escaped the other's lips. ''You're too silly. I can't give you anything to ease the pain. I am sorry. The doctor said you'd probably feel worse after taking something that's suppossed to ease the pain.''

''I feared as much. Did he also forbid morphine?''

''Sorry.'' Hotaru said. She couldn't even imagine how Haruka must be feeling right now. Before she could even say more a soft knock on the door interrupted them. Both looked up as Michiru made her way into the room.

The moment Michiru's eyes met those of Haruka a deep blush appeared on her cheeks. ''Eh..g-good evening.'' She stammered.

''Good evening.'' Hotaru said politely. This made Haruka wonder if Hotaru really liked her job. To Haruka it seemed hell to serve people all day long only to wake up the next day to repeat the same thing over and over again. Hotaru didn't even seem to dislike anyone, she was probably acting anyway. 'I really envy her. I wouldn't be able to smile everyday.'

''Hey.'' Haruka just said. The maid ofcourse immidiately noticed the tension between the two women and stood up.

''I'd better get going. I suddenly remembered I still have a lot of things to do. Yeah,'' And with that said she stormed out of the room. Michiru just blinked in confusion wondering what that was all about.

''So,'' Haruka paused for a moment, curious about why Michiru had come here.

''How are you feeling?'' Michiru asked instead of giving Haruka the answer to her unasked question.

''I am doing fine.'' Haruka lied, knowing that Michiru could see right though it.

''I bet you do.'' Michiru rolled her eyes before slowly walking over to the blonde's bed. When her legs touched the edge she sat down, not facing the tomboy. ''I wanted to...''

''A mistake,'' Haruka quickly said causing Michiru to look up. ''It was a mistake.'' She explained. She sounded a bit more certain of her own lie now. ''It could never work out between us. Two women aren't suppossed to kiss. You're too young for me and...'' Before the blonde could even finish her sentence she got interrupted by smack in her face.

She blinked a few times in confusion before touching the burning place on her cheek. Had Michiru just hit her? To her this pained her more than the tumour that had been haunting her ever since she fainted in her car. ''Bastard...'' Michiru hissed.

Haruka suddenly felt a wave of guilt wash over her when she saw the tears that were streaming down the other's face. If she hadn't been forcing herself to stay low she would've been holding the other closely by now, telling her and convincing her it was just a lie. 'I wish I could tell her... everything.'

''Bastard.'' Michiru repeated.

''Michiru...I,'' Haruka was cut off by the smaller girl.

''I don't care.'' She hissed. ''I came here to tell you that I am sorry about kissing you. I didn't mean to do that to you....you weren't in the state nor position to reject me or anything... I knew you were still a bit dazed by the tests they did on you and y-yet I took advantage of the situation.... But you...you're just too cruel!''

''W-what..'' Haruka didn't know what to say.

''You asked for that damn kiss to begin with! You promised me a second one! You lied to me! You are just a freaking player!'' With every word she said more tears fell down her face. ''Y-you...stupid...''

This time the taller woman decided to cut the other off. She quickly took Michiru by her shoulders and pulled her closer. Before the aqua haired girl even knew what was happening Haruka had pressed their lips together in a sweet yet innocent kiss.

At first Michiru didn't reply. She wanted to pull back. Who knew why Haruka had decided to use this approach? But then she found herself being much weaker than she had thought. With that she started to return the kiss, opening her mouth for the blonde's tongue to enter. Haruka seemed to hesitate for a moment. It wasn't her intention to make this kiss a passionate one but she couldn't stop anymore.

It was as if her body had taken over. All she could do was hold the aqua haired girl closely and kiss her.

------

Makoto yawned while looking down at the huge plate in front of her. Breakfast was over now but she hadn't eaten a thing yet. Haruka and Michiru both hadn't appeared at the table this morning. 'I hope they didn't...' She quickly shook her head. She shouldn't think those things. Not yet. 'Besides it's impossible...Haruka's too stubborn...'

''Makoto?'' Suddenly a voice asked causing the other to look up at Ami. ''Have you seen Michiru this morning?''

''Nope,'' The other replied. ''Haven't seen Ten'oh either.''

''Maybe Haruka had another attack and Michiru stayed by her side.'' Ami said, it was the most logical reason after all.

Makoto shrugged. ''I think we would've known by now. I think I am going to Haruka's room just in case. I still need to bring her something to 'drink' anyway.'' Then she focussed on her breakfast again.

The other just stood there, staring att he brunette. ''Why did you decide to....''

''Because of you.'' Makoto said, cutting the other off. She knew exactly what the other had wanted to say. She didn't turn around to face the other though, somehoe she wasn't able to do so.

''Don't say such things.'' Ami shook her head. With that she turned around, wanting to walk away again.

''No more walking away.'' Makoto hissed in frustration. She quickly jumped up and ran after her former lover. ''I love you Ami. I've missed you a lot since we...since you walked away. I stopped being a freaking bluff master in order to...''

''It's too late for that Makoto. You've lied to me for all those years. You made me believe you were a damned cook. I never would've guessed you went around conning innocent people.''

''It's not like they would ever miss what we steal.'' Makoto defended herself. ''I was afraid to tell you. Not because I thought you wouldn't approve. I just didn't want to put you in any kind of danger.''

Ami turned around again. Tears were streaming down her cheeks like little waterfalls. ''How could you! Now! You can't just come and fuck up my life. I was over you! I am over you!''

''This little break up of yours is missing one thing.'' Makoto said, calming down a bit. ''Tell me you don't love me anymore. Tell me. If you do I'll finish this con and leave afterwards. You'll never see or hear from me again.''

''Makoto...''

''SAY IT!'' The brunette yelled. She knew Ami would never be able to say it. The bluenette still loved her.

''No...'' Ami cried. ''I can't....''

''Because you'd be lying?'' Makoto questioned the other as she took a few steps closer to the bluenette. ''Please Ami, give me one more chance. No more lies. No more nothing....''

''Makoto....just...'' Ami took a few steps backwards. She didn't know what to do or say anymore. ''Just leave me alone....'' And without any further warning she ran out of the dinning room. Makoto just stood there. She wasn't going to chase after her. She knew it would be better to leave Ami alone for a while. She had to give the smaller girl some time to think.

----

''Haruka?'' Michiru asked, pulling the blonde closer to her. They were still lying on Haruka's bed.

''Mmhh?'' Haruka murmured. It was clear that she wasn't fully awake yet.

Michiru blushed, wondering if Haruka was aware of the fact they were both naked. Last night had been quite a night. They had yelled at each other, kissed, made love, yelled some more and eventually they had fallen asleep together. ''Do you like me?''

''No.'' Haruka lied. She had given in to temptation one time too many. She couldn't afford making the same mistake now.

''Then why did you kiss me? Why did we...'' Michiru paused for a moment. She was pretty sure Haruka was lying. She just couldn't figure out why Haruka kept lying about her feelings for her.

''Mistake...'' Haruka muttered although the tone in her voice didn't sound too convincing at all.

Michiru sighed. ''I thought so.'' With that she rest her head against the blonde's chest, listening to her heart beat. ''If it makes any difference.. I do like you Haruka.'' Then she closed her eyes again. She was sure wheter it was her mind playing games with her but she could've swore that she heard Haruka whispered that she liked her too.

A smile appeared on her face. But the moment her smile had appeared was also the moment it disappeared. ''Put on some clothes...'' A voice commanded. At first she feared that it was her father but after giving it a second thought she knew it couldn't have been him. The voice sounded too feminine to be a man's.

Slowly she turned around, blinking a few times upon seeing Makoto who was pointing her gun at her. ''I am serious Michiru....put on some clothes. Don't you dare to wake Haruka up or I'll put a bullet through her head as well...''

In fear Michiru nodded and slowly got up as Makoto turned away for a moment. She knew she had all the chances to knock the brunette out with something right now but she decided to do otherwise. She couldn't risk harming Haruka. 'What's going on anyway?' That wasn't even the main thing that was bothering her. Somehow she didn't even feel scared about losing her own life. It was as if she knew Makoto wasn't going to hurt her. On the other hand, she couldn't be sure.

When she finally had gotten dressed she cleared her throat making it clear for the other that she could turn around again. Makoto smirked a bit. ''I am impressed.'' She said with an honest smile on her lips. ''You managed to crack Ruka.''

''What do you want?'' Michiru hissed in a whispering tone.

Makoto didn't reply and just took Michiru's arm in her hand. With that she started to pull the smaller girl out of the bedroom. ''I want to see.... how much she cares.'' She finally replied.

To Be Continued...