Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Bluff Master ❯ The real bluff master, part two ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I don't own the characters.
This story is inspired by one of those Bollywood movies I've been watching lately called, surprise of all surprises, 'Bluffmaster'. Although it's inspired by the movie I can assure everyone that the plot has nothing to do with it, although Haruka indeed is the master of bluff in this story, so to speak.

'Bluff' is just a different word for 'con'.

A/N : I know Japan doesn’t have a president but for this fic we’ll pretend it does.




Bluff Master
Chapter Ten
- The real Bluff Master, part #2-


Haruka took a deep breath, looking around her one last time. Ever since she and Ami had gotten out of the car she had this feelings that they were being watched. Until now she hadn't really gave it any kind of attention. This time was different ofcourse, now she was holding a back full of money. ''Get into the car.'' Haruka hissed, ignoring the other's questions as she opened the car doors.

Quickly Ami followed the blonde. She didn't really understand what was going on here but it seemed important. She didn't even have to ask again when she suddenly heard a couple of sirenes. ''Cops...'' She whispered in shock. Had Haruka know they were coming? 'She must have quite some intuition.' She was slowly starting to understand what Makoto had meant. She now understood why the brunette had warned her not to underestimate the tomboy.

It now hit her that Haruka was planning on trying to escape the police. ''Uhm..Ten'oh...'' She paused for a moment, feeling her heart race. ''I think I'd rather stay...'' She really didn't feel like being in a car that was driven by the other. And surely not with the cops chasing them.

''Don't be such a whimp.'' Haruka hissed while starting the car. There was no time for Ami to get out anymore. Before the bluenette could even object they sped off the parking lot. It didn't last long before the police cars who had been approaching them in a slow pace started to follow them in a somewhat quicker pace. Then they even switched on their sirenes, alarming the rest of the traffic to move away.

''Stop the car!'' Ami yelped, fearing her life was in danger. ''You're driving way too fast! You did nothing wrong... Just see what those officers want.''

Haruka blinked a couple of times. Was Ami just acting to be stupid or what? ''Nothing wrong? Where the fuck do you think I got all this money from?!''

Ami opened her mouth to say something but then closed it again. Haruka had a good point there. No vocal coach could ever be able to get that much money together. Then again, she already knew all about Haruka. She just had to play it save. If the blonde only suspected she knew something she was in trouble. But not only her, she would also be ruining Makoto's plan.

------

Minako paced around her bedroom. She was worried. Well, worried was an understatement. Haruka wasn't anywhere in this building, neither were Makoto, Ami or Michiru. Something had to be up. But what?

She jumped slightly when she felt someone's hand on her shoulder. Slowly she turned around to see who it was. A smile appeared on Minako's lips when Setsuna greeted her. She didn't look half as worried as Minako. ''Calm down Minako, you're making me nervous.''

''How long have you been here?'' Minako wondered out loud. She hadn't even realized Setsuna walked in.

''A couple of minutes. You were in deep thought. Want to share?'' The green haired woman asked before walking over to Minako's bed. With that she sighed and sat down on the edge of it.

''Something tells me you came here for a different reason.'' The blonde commented. She just knew Setsuna had come her out of interest. Usually the green haired advisor was too busy with her work.

Setsuna smiled. ''You got me.'' There was a slight sign of hesitation before she stood up again. ''I came her to tell you that everything is going to be alright. Don't worry. Oh and as for you... There are two girls waiting downstairs for you.''

''Who are they?'' Minako blinked a couple of times. After she quit er job as a bluff master she hadn't made any friends nor kept in contact with her old ones nor family members.

''Just go.'' Setsuna said, noticing the strange look on the blonde's face. ''You'll see who they are then.''

Minako just rolled her eyes. ''You know Sets, you should try being less mysterious some times. You might actually like it.'' With that said she started to walk towards the door. She was kind of curious herself now. Behind her she could hear Setsuna giggle a bit. It was the first time she had heard Setsuna giggle like that. In fact it was the first time Setsuna had even showed a slight sign of amusement.

----

Ami held on to her seat with all the power she had. ''You're getting us killed!'' She yelled. Haruka didn't even seem to listen. All the blonde did was focuss on the road. ''This is not some illegal street race!'' The bluenette continued. ''Plus you're not in the position to drive this fast! You're sick, what if you get another attack?!''

''Would you please stop whining!'' Haruka finally shot back, her eyes never leaving the road. Ami just blinked a couple of times as they continued to drive past the traffic at full speed. Somehow the cops had managed to keep up with them. ''Now turn around and take a good guess of the distance between us and the satsu!''

''Satsu?'' Ami raised an eyebrow.

''The cops, idiot! The cops!'' Haruka yelled in frustration. Somehow her vision had started to get blurry again. She knew she would pass out any minute. There was even a big chance of killing both of them but she didn't seem to mind this at all.

The blue haired girl turned around in her seat a bit to look at the police cars that were chasing them. ''About.....half a mile.'' Ami said, guessing.

''Good.'' A sigh escaped Haruka's lips. ''Listen Ami, there's a farm down this road. I am going to stop there. We'll dump the car and start running. Don't even think of running back to the president's mansion. If the satsu follow us there I'll lose not only my freedom but I'll lose a lot more in the progress. And so will you!''

''What?! You got me involved!'' Ami yelped. ''You kipnapped me!''

''Oh give up. But if you are so sure of yourself....go home then. If your beloved uncle finds out his daughter is kipnapped do you think the kipnapper will keep Michiru alive?''

Ami blinked a couple more times before taking a deep breath. Haruka was right. She had no other option but to come a long. 'Makoto had been right. Haruka was exactly acting as planned.'

----
Michiru closed her eyes for a moment. For a few minutes Makoto had been trying to get her to drink something but she simply refused. She knew Makoto was capable of doing a lot of things to her. Maybe she even poisoned the water. ''No thanks.'' She hissed.

The brunette sighed and finally, after what seemed to be an endless time of darkness she switched on a light. Michiru finally could see where she was now although she needed some time to adjust her eyes to the light. She had been right. They were in a basement but much to her surprise she recognized this place. She used to come here whenever she was trying to get out of her father's dinner parties. ''W-where...'' She paused for a moment.

Makoto simply nodded. ''We never left the president's, or in this case, your mansion.''

''B-but...'' The aqua haired girl really didn't understand what was going on here. Why would Makoto kipnap her without taking the trouble to escape out of the building. With all the tricks she had pulled off it would probably be a piece of cake to get Michiru out of the building. ''Why?''

''Like I said Michiru, I want Haruka to find you. What will you do if she finds you?''

At first Michiru had no intention of answering that questions. Simply on the ground of not knowing the answer but she answered anyway. ''I don't know.''

''Are you going to be mad at her for lying?''

''Lying?'' Michiru repeated. ''Not that Bluff Master thing again...''

Makoto smiled a bit. ''You still have that much faith in her? Do you think this is a joke? Just because I didn't take you far away from protection doesn't mean you're not in danger anymore. Surely this story knows no bad guys but, don't mistake me for someone who could easily be talked into letting you go.'' She knew for a fact that Michiru had only started this conversation because of that very reason.

''You just want me to get angry with her.'' Michiru hissed although she knew that if Haruka was indeed going to find her that she was going to do a lot of yelling.

''I can see it in your eyes Michiru.'' Makoto hesitated for a moment. ''You admitted to love her before. She didn't reply to your words of affection, did she?'' Michiru shook her head. She didn't want to hear this. ''At first you didn't like Haruka, that was how it was suppossed to be. But she got interested in you. And slowly she lost interest in the money we were here to claim. She still is planning on stealing your father's money but...''

''Stop it.''

Makoto obeyed. ''As you wish. I don't think I need to tell you anything else anyway. You already know the rest.''

'Bluff Master?' Michiru shook her head in confusion. That simply couldn't be the truth.

-----

Haruka stopped the car in front of an old looking house. A farm, just like she had said. Ami didn't even bother to ask about it anymore. This place was as deserted as the desert itself. How were they going to hide here? ''Listen,'' Haruka started. ''This is one of my back up plans so get your mind out of the gutter. In the dinning room under the big red rug you will find a hatch. It's not big but it'll be enough to hide in. At least until the satsu, for your comfort, the cops are gone. Alright?''

Ami nodded although she didn't like the idea at all. With that she followed Haruka out of the car and into the old and abandoned house. In the background she could already hear the sirens. They were in deep trouble. This was something Makoto hadn't told her.

The moment she stepped into the house and after Haruka closed the door she suddenly found herself pushed against the wall. ''Alright, Mizuno...'' Haruka hissed. ''Who's behind this and why are you helping them?''

Ami went wide eyed upon hearing this. Haruka was on to her? How was that possible? ''W-what are you talking about.''

''You can't fool me that easily. I make a living out of fooling people myself.'' Haruka replied. ''I know you are behind that kipnapping. The thing is, are you the messanger or the brain behind this thing.''

''Y-you're crazy. It must be that tumor...'' Ami tried but Haruka cut her off.

''That tumor has nothing to do with this. Where is Michiru!'' Haruka yelled. Ami was now getting scared of the other.

''H-haruka, I don't k-know... I honestly don't.'' She was now on the verge of crying. Haruka had been pushing her against the wall too hard. She could feel something sharp in her back.

''Don't lie. Where is she?!'' The blonde put more force in her attack causing Ami to yelp in pain.

''Stop it. You're hurting me....'' She begged.

''Where.is.Michiru.'' This time Haruka's voice betrayed that she had no intention on letting the other go until she got her answer.

''Basement.'' Ami finally cried out after a couple of minutes.

Haruka released Ami a bit but didn't let go of her completely. ''What basement?''

Ami gazed down at the ground. ''Home...''

''Home..'' Haruka repeated, Ami's words slowly sinking in. And just when she was about to ask more a sudden pain in her head appeared once again. ''Fuck..'' Haruka hissed, falling down on her knees while holding her head.

''Haruka...'' Ami wanted to help the other but Haruka just pushed her back against the wall.

''Who's behind this?!'' She could slowly feel her headache disappear again much to her relieve. She couldn't really use this right now.

''I can't tell you.'' Ami whispered. ''I can't, please...''

She was interrupted by voices that came from outside. ''The cops?'' Ami asked.

Haruka nodded. She had to admit that she was surprised. The cops had been something unexpected for Ami as well. Could it be she was really caught? ''Hatch.'' She managed to say as she finally let Ami help her to get up.

To Be Continued.