Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ BowSong: The diary of the Star Archer ❯ Homeward Bound... aka Revelations ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
BowSong: Diary of the Star Archer part 6

~~~Flashback~~~
Amidst the flame and wreckage of a collapsing ship, Rubeus calls out, in anguish, "My plans have failed again! I'm dead for sure this time." No sooner had he said this, than a dark, cold voice speaks to him, in a slow, even tone. "You don't have to die now. Join with me, and I will rescue you from this ship of fools." Rubeus couldn't help but hesitate for a second, before he agreed, desperately. "Anything! Anything to get me out of here! I will join you! Anything! Just get me out of here!" A split second later, a deserted ship explodes in space...
~~~End Flashback~~~

As I returned home from the battle on my battered, damaged, nearly destroyed bike, I instinctively drive a farmiliar route. Swing through and get some sort of food, stop at the arcade, blow an hour or two there bantering with the operator as I crush him thoroughly in various games, and slowly returning home, doing a little bit of last-minute random impulse shopping. (A/N: The greatest thing known to mankind, and the only type of shopping either Gary or myself likes.) I pulled into my driveway, parked my bike, and went inside. I dropped my impulse purchases into the basement, and headed for the second floor, my sanctuary and my prison.

I suppose I should describe my house, then. Typical two-story house with a basement, or so everyone thinks at first glimpse. Then, they see the inside, and their opinion changes.

You enter my house to a hallway with lots of doors down both sides. The first door on the right is a closet. Then, going forward, down the right, there's a few more doors. In the order you pass them, they lead to the living room, my bedroom, and the dining room. Forward, the hallway stops, and opens to a modest, but well-kept kitchen. The kitchen has a door, leading to the basement, and another door, leading to the dining room. An interesting fact about my basement is that it is my curio closet, basically. It also has a room in it that I have kept sealed off for many years. Maybe later, if I deem it neccecary to do so, I will break the seal. Going back to the front door, passing the bathroom on what would have been the left, I go to the last door in the house. Withdrawing a key from my pocket, and opening the deadbolt and knob locks, I enter the door, to the stairs up.

At the top of the stairs is a second door. No one except me has ever passed through this door. Written in ancient Romanian script, are the phrases 'Abandon all hope, ye who enter here,' and a quote from the book Dracula, by Bram Stoker. 'Come freely. Go safely. And leave something of the happiness you bring.' Etched into the doorknob is the phrase 'Enter freely, and of your own free will.' Unlocking this door, and throwing it wide open, I step boldly into the room.

The whole floor is two rooms. One is a fully-equipped bathroom. The other, spanning most of my well-sized second floor, I refer to quite often as my lair. The entire floor is covered in hardwood, painted black, with a silver Spanish circle. (A/N it's a Fencing discipline/school and training) The celing is painted as a very accurate map of the night sky, with the twelve Zodiac signs highlighted. The light fixtures are set in the places of the brightest stars. And then, there's the walls. They're my favorite part.

The walls are lined with rack after rack of medieval weaponry. Just about every weapon known to man, except guns, (I hate guns) has a representative in this room. One wall has an almost bare panel. Written on there, in a sprawling script, are the lyrics to Metallica's 'Sanitarium.' This panel also pulls down to reveal a bed. I pull this down and flop onto the bed, falling asleep almost instantly. And starting to dream soon after that.

Another night, another dream. This one, again from the Silver Millenium. Although, I can safely say this was in the same place as my last dream... I think. This must have been before that dream, though, since this visit seems to be under much happier circumstances. There was no battle, no distress, just... tranquility. Frankly, I was a little bored though. Something needed to happen, and happen it did.

I seemed to be entering a grand building, a palace in the truest sense of the word. The only thought going into my head, and it was an annoying thought, was that 'Where there's a palace like this, there has to be royalty. So where are they?' I soon found out, as they came out to greet me. I must have been important, as it looked like the King and Queen, and maybe their kids. The queen looked kindly at me, and spoke in a calm, even voice, which belied the true fire inside it.

"Gareth Usar, representative of the Moon kingdom and court, we welcome you to our kingdom. I am Queen Dawn, this is my husband, King Solaris, and these our our children, Dawn and Oryan. Our other daughter, Clair, should be here soon." And with that, they turned to leave. The kids seemed nice enough, almost friendly. But, I haven't seen the third one yet. And then I saw her face, now I'm a believer.

Seriously, I did see her face then. And I did believe that I had just lucked out by getting to meet her. Her hair, like her sisters', was flame red. Her eyes were a bright, shining green, similar to the Star Tear. She stood about half a foot shorter than me. I knew this because she had been running to meet me, and just happened to run into me. Literally.

While I managed to maintain my position of being on my feet, she... erm... bounced off of me. Offering a hand, in the fashion of a true gentleman, I introduced myself, probably sounding as corny as humanly possible, without even trying. "I'm sorry, miss. Let me help you to your feet. My name is Gareth. Gareth Usar. And you are?" She smiled, took my hand, and said, while standing "Clair. Princess Clair of Gemini." Wait... Princess?!?! There go my chances with her. "You're Gary, from the Moon, right? I was coming down to meet you, and it seems I have. Well, thank you for the hand, I must be off, then."

A fair amount of time passed in the dream. Probably a couple of weeks. Clair and I drifted into a relationship, I'm still not sure how, and Oryan and Solaris had left to go do something. I never quite caught what it was. A few days passed since they left, and we got horrible news. They had been killed. This was devastating to both myself, and Clair. This was only the start.

The dream continued on, eventually leading up to where my previous dream occurred, as I was forced through that torment again. And, once again, I woke up screaming. I tried to sleep again, but it wouldn't come. All the tragic memories of my past came flooding back, and would rekindle in my head as soon as I would close my eyes. So, I did what came natural when sleep did not. I practiced with my weapons. Often when I sleep here, I relive bad memories. Thus, this is why my lair is my prison. It is also my sanctuary, as I can escape my problems, keep them at bay with the flash of steel as I practice.

Author's Note and Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon, or the Solar Kingdom. The Solar Kingdom belongs to Tes-sama, and Sailor Moon belongs to Naoko Takeuchi. As far as author's notes goes, this took awhile and was tough to do. I don't want to hear any of you people piss and moan about the length or anything like that, I did what I was comfortable with, okay? ^_^ Now, as far as flames go, I don't really care anymore. They can be deleted quite easily. So, flame on if you must. Until next time,, Ciao.

Gryff