Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Changing Times ❯ Movie Mania ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon. If I did I think I would let Diamond win in Sailor Moon R. I mean, he's better than Tux Boy, who can only throw roses, and he's more eloquent. But I don't, so Tux Boy gets to stay. (Pout)

A/N: First off, thanks for the reviews. They are very appreciated, and I hope to get more. Not sure who's going to end up with who, but I guess that I'll figure that out eventually. I'm open to anyone's ideas, so on with the story!

Chapter 2:

Chick flicks. Hmph. What a jip. You think that if they were written for girls, then they would portray girls the way they actually are. Do they? No. Every chick flick involves some girl crying her eyes out after being dumped by a guy, doing drastic stunts to get his attention, which never works, and screaming very loudly when he decides to come crawling back into her, in her mind, very plump arms. What a jip. Girls don't do that. Well, some do, but not all. Sure, we cry about our ex-guys, but we don't go into endless hysterics that only end when someone presents us with a gallon of ice cream. Now, for me, it only takes a pint. You'd think that they'd know that, but no, those directors are too obsessed with portraying us as pathetic little balls of fluff that fall apart at the first sign of trouble. I swear, they must all be guys, because only a guy could think of us girls like that. It's the invention of the high heel all over again, because we all know that only a guy could have invented such an instrument of torture. Again. What a jip.

And with how I feel about chick flicks I can't believe I'm sitting here watching one. Well, laying actually. Laying on a mound of pillows, several comics, a phone, which I think is mine, some chips, a slightly squashed muffin, which is really good when its not squashed, my transformation locket, and a few things I don't even want to think about. I should move, really I should, but I'm just too comfortable. Some girls can deal with laying in what can only be thought of as a chaotic mess and some can't. I happen to be a proud member of the first group, and from the way Ami is glaring at me, it seems that she is a member of the second. Like I didn't know that before. Still, I stay where I am. Watching a chick flick. With the entire Sailor Senshi force laying in certain other parts of the room, either crying their eyes out or talking with somebody next to them. The chick flick is horrible. This guy has just told the girl that he's getting married to another woman, who looks like Beryl on dope, not that she wasn't always on crack, but still…and of course, this girl is in hysterics on the floor, and she seriously looks like she is about to have a nervous breakdown.

Nervous breakdown. Now that is so not cool. That girl has no right to have a nervous breakdown. Please. The most she has to deal with is who ate the last of the key lime pie ice cream (yummy), and whether or not she broke a nail. She doesn't have to continually fight bad guy after bad guy after bad guy. She doesn't have to have the weight of the whole world, never mind the whole universe, on her shoulders. And she definitely doesn't have to deal with youmas that look like fashion rejects who got drunk in the middle of the night and decided that they were lonely. And I'm not even going to start about the various bad guys that seriously didn't get enough hugs from their parents when they were little. That girl doesn't have to deal with that, and she has the nerve to have a nervous breakdown???


So, I'm watching the flick, in my comfortable mound of yuck. Not that I care. A lot of the girls are talking. I know that Mina is talking about clothes. She always is, and I know that Ami is probably talking about tonight. No surprise there. Now what is Lita doing? Oh, she is crying over the movie. Yeah, the whole "looks like my boyfriend thing." And, Rei is sniffling, kinda, and talking to Mina about the next shopping expedition. K. Now, the Outers are…Setsuna is talking, Amara is glaring at something that is completely out of my line of sight and I definitely am too lazy to look, Hotaru is asleep, and Michiru is talking to Setsuna. Okay. That takes care of everything, and….Yes!! The chick flick is over!!! I knew I could waste my time efficiently! Yeah! Now I can get some sanity. It would be great if we could watch an action movie. Those are awesome. I like Rush Hour. Now, that rocks. Hmmm… I wonder if I could convince anyone to watch it again. Not the first one, they would kill me if I even tried to ask, but the second one…They've only seen that once, so maybe I'm good there. I watch as the others start to move around a little to get more comfortable and stop talking. Rei gets up and takes the DVD out and puts it in its case. It's great that she finally got the DVD player. Before she did, we had to suffer watching what was on cable, and what they have nowadays is just horrifying. Sitcoms that consist of a bunch of people sitting around and telling each other what they did that day. Sounds like marriage. And if that is what marriage is like I am definitely staying single. No ifs, ands, or buts. I'm not going to have a life of boredom where I tell everybody what my day was like. And what's worse it telling somebody that when they have spent the day with you. Pathetic. And besides sitcoms, there are more chick flicks, some cheesy action films, and soap operas that make you want to scream in horror instead of cry. I mean, who cares if Penelope's second brother's cousin's twin's sister's best friend's brother was getting married to her best friend and not to her? It is way too confusing. So, of course, it is much better now that Rei has her DVD player and we have our DVDs.

"Rei?" I smile slightly as she looks up at me, an eyebrow already arched as if to ask what I've done this time. "Yes, Serena?" I grin hesitantly and lift up my new fave DVD, "Do you mind if we watch this next, we haven't seen it in TWO months, and I swear it's not the first one." All chatter stops as she considers it, and everyone hold's their breath until finally…. "Okay." Awesome. I'm going to watch my movie! I'm going to watch my movie! I jump up and practically shove it into her arms. I'm so happy I can't stand it. I turn away and am heading back to my seat when I notice something. The reason for Amara's glare. Mamoru. My grin fades. Now what does he want?

End of Chapter 2!!!

R

E

V

I

E

W

A review causes another chapter, which causes a better story, which causes a happy reader, which causes another review. See how this all comes full circle? Cause and effect, readers. Cause and effect.