Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions of a Goddess ❯ Broken Hearts ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"So it's over?"
"Yes. I... I'm sorry Darien."
He leaned over to kiss her one last time, and Serina let him.
"I want to go home please." Serina said. A tear slid down her cheek.
Darien drove slowly to her house and didn't say a word to us. When we got to her house, she ran inside, went up to her room and shut out the light.
Darien began to drive back to his house.
"Mina, do you want to stay over tonight?"
"Ok. I can tell my parents I was at the Temple."
"Thanks Mina. I don't want to do anything stupid. I should have known. She's young. I shouldn't have held her so close."
"Darien, I'm so sorry. If you ever need to talk, I'm here."
"Ok. I'll remember that."
* * * * * * * * * * * *
"I'll sleep out here on the couch and you can sleep in my bedroom if you want." He offered.
"Are you sure? I could sleep out here too..." I replied.
"Nah. It's ok. You sleep in there."
"Ok. I think I'm going to go to sleep then ok? I'm super tired." I said.
"Yeah. Goodnight Mina. Wake me up if you need anything ok?"
"Yep. Goodnight Darien." I sad as I closed the bedroom door behind me.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
This isn't so bad. I can go for Mina now. If Serina can see other guys, I can see other girls too.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Darien, it's going to be ok. Ah.... I really like you. I should wait to say anything though; you are probably not ready to get back into a relationship.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
"Darien... I love you..." I said as Prince Darien gave me a soft kiss on the lips.
"Mina... you are all I ever wanted..." He replied as he laid me back onto the bed.
He kissed me softly then deeply.
"Oh my God! Mina. ... What are you doing?" I heard a high pitched voice yell.
I looked up and saw Princess Serenity standing in the doorway looking like she just found out Luna had died.
"Darien! Of all people! WHY!" She yelled.
"Serenity, this isn't what it looks like... nothing happened!" I cried. Then she charged at me with a knife. But Prince Darien took it for me. He fell into my lap.
"Darien! Oh God..." I said as he looked up me. He took his one last breath as he told me he loved me. Serenity glared at me with flames in her eyes.
"You were my best friend... I trusted you! And here you are sneaking around behind my back with my HUSBAND!?" Mina, what the hell is wrong with you?" She screamed. I felt so bad now that I knew I had hurt her. She took the knife once more and stabbed herself right in the heart.
"NOOOO!" I yelled as I sat straight up in Darien's bed. I had cold sweat all over my body. Darien came running into the room.
"Mina, are you ok? What was all the screaming for?" He asked as he sat next to me and then took me in his arms. I hugged him and cried on his shoulder.
"I... I... I love you Darien. And I dreamt about it... that we were kissing on the bed in the Moon Kingdom, and Princess Serenity walked in. She tried to kill me, but you took the stab for me. We argued for a bit then she took her own life. I'm sorry. I really am sorry..." I said as I ran out of the bedroom. I ran the rest of the way home.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
I wiped away the tears from my eyes and Artemis jumped up on my bed next to me.
"What's wrong Mina? Where were you?" He asked.
"I was with Darien and Serina... we went to pick up Serina and her... and Darien... broke up..."
"Mina this is so not good! Why did they break up?" He asked as I went to sit on my window bay couch. I didn't want to tell him. He would tell Luna and then it would be all over.
"I can't tell you. Serina just kept something from Darien and he was mad... and she just... blew up at him and yeah. I feel bad. She told me not to tell him... but I couldn't sleep over it."
"Mina, why can't you tell me? I have to protect you and you have to protect them. Please tell me."
"I can't ok?! ... I'm just so pissed at myself... well... I'm mad... at her... for doing that to Darien. And now she will never talk to me. What am I supposed to do? I can't fight by her side! She'll be screaming her head off at me and then nothing will get done! What am I supposed to do?" I said as I hit my head on the window.
"Mina... ... ...I don't know. You can't leave the scouts. You're their leader and guardian. You have to handle this maturely. It's going to be okay, just chill." Artemis replied. I started to cry again.
"I have NO ONE to confide in! If I tell one person, all four know! I'm sick of it Artemis! I'm just sick of it!" I stood up and headed for the door.
"Where are you going?" Artemis asked as he followed me.
"No where that you are welcome." I replied as I walked out and slammed the door.
I started walking down the street towards the park. I needed someone to talk to and no one was there. I had no clue of what to do and no one could help me. Darien knew how I felt about him. He probably hates me now, I thought to myself. Once I got to the park, I sat on a swing and looked up at the stars. I wanted to yell out, but them someone would probably call the police. So I just cried silently into the darkness.
* * * * *The Next Day* * * * * * *
"God you guys! I'm so mad at her. She betrayed me and went behind my back and told Darien! And now we broke up and he cried and I really don't feel sorry for him. He would never listen to me anyway. I think it's good we broke up. Now I have other hotties to chase after." Serina explained to Lita, Rae, and Ami.
"Serina, How could you be mad at her? I mean, he did have a right to know and you would have never told him until it was time for the baby to come. Mina has a good head on her shoulders; she did the right thing. I think you should try to see it from her point of view." Lita said. She brought in a tray of her famous cooking.
"I think she's a backstabber. She didn't have a right to tell him. She should have let it be." Rae said. She looked at Lita and gave her a nasty look.
"You guys really need to chill. If you really wanted to take a break Serina, you should have just told Darien the nice way instead of just telling him its over. He did love you. He wouldn't have been mad if you just told him about the baby. I really don't want to choose sides with this... wither way I'd be someone's enemy." Ami said. She took a sip of her green tea.
Serina laid back and started crying and screaming. "It's all her fault! I told her not to tell! God! I'm going to get her so bad... She is going to be so sorry."
* * * * * * * * * * * *
I saw Lita heading towards me, with the rest of the scouts behind her. I got up and began walking towards them, and they all just walked right on by me.
"Ok then! At least I'm trying to be mature and willing to talk about it. I guess I'm not good enough for you. I was just trying to help. So much for being a friend." I said.
"You know what Mina? I'm really sick of you. You are just a big goody-goody who only cares about herself! You never even liked up! From the first day we met, it's always been you, you, you, you, you! And I won't take it anymore! I say we have a battle. Whoever loses... is off the squad. Fair enough?" Serina yelled in my direction as she grabbed her brooch.
"Fine... but you know I really don't want to do this. I never meant to hurt you Serina." I said and I took out my transformation pen.
"Moon Crisis Make Up!" Serina yelled and she began to transform.
"Venus Crystal Make Up!" I yelled as I began to transform.
"You ready to lose Sailor Venus?"