Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Damsel in Distress ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 2

The fair maiden referred to in chapter one walked about the small dark room. The walls seemed to be made out of fog itself, but she knew if was useless to try and penetrate them, for Queen Beryl would not have been stupid enough to not put a barrier around her. Her attention was brought to the sound of yelling outside her door, and the clatter of well-polished steel.

"Was that the voice of my love?" she asked out loud, clutching her excited hands to her slightly voluptuous chest. The clattering stopped, and for a few moments, there was a deadly silence. Tears started to well up in the frightened Princess' eyes at the thought that her one true love could be laying there, bleeding, dying, or already dead from the morbid wounds inflicted upon him. The door rattled, making her jump back in alarmed surprise.

"Who's there?" she cried out. There was a thud upon the well built door that sounded as though someone was trying to break it down. "My Love, is that you?" she called out, taking a step to the door.

"Mff, fm hnm nn. Nn Whmm fphlhhlm dmn nph!" came back a slightly muffled reply.

She peered at the door, perplexed. "I'm sorry, I did not hear what you said. Could you please speak up?"

"MFF FM HNM NN. NN WHMM FPHLHHLM DMN NPH!" came a still muffled reply.

"I really can't understand a word you're sa-" she was cut off as the battle-weary Endymion stepped through the wall, the fog allowing him easy entry.

"I said, 'Yes, it is I! I shall rescue you now!'" Serenity gave a girlish squeal of joy and crashed into her beloved, WHAM, sending them both flying backward to land upon the well-positioned bed. He hugged her tightly, relieved that she was up to this point unharmed.

"How ever did you find me?" she asked urgently. He leaned back a little so that he could look upon her gentle face.

"It was not too difficult. First of all you told me which castle it was, then I simply walked through walls wandering around until I found a room that was being guarded. Unfortunately, once I defeated the guards there, the Princess in that room said her name was Cinderella, and then she told me I was not Prince Charming and refused to come with me. So I wandered around again, mysteriously unseen, until I came here."

Serenity stared up into the eyes of her saviour, not listening to a word he was saying. "Oh Endymion, now we can escape this place and be forever rid of that wretched Beryl!"

Endymion smiled at the girl he had just managed to find, and was planning to rescue. He stood up and grabbed her hand, yanking her to the nearest wall.

"Do you know how to find your way out?" she asked, her voice hushed.

The dashing prince shrugged his muscular shoulders. "I thought that we would walk around, and eventually we'll find our way out."

Serenity beamed at him. "That sounds like such a wonderful plan!" Thus they tried it out. After a series of walls, they came into a dark room.

"I don't think this is the way. Let us go back, fair maiden, and search elsewhere." Endymion said, and turned around to lead the beautiful Serenity back through the wall which they had just come through.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the strikingly handsome Endymion and the wretchedly beautiful Serenity," came a loud voice. Both of our heros spun around at the sound of the voice.

"Beryl!" they both cried in alarm. The queen sat upon her ornate throne, a slightly violet spotlight upon her now.

"Yes, who did you think was here, Jedite again?" she asked, a sneer on her face.

A quited cough caught their attention. "Actually, My Queen, I am here." Jedite stepped from the shadows into the spotlight.

Beryl rolled her eyes. "Oh yes, I suppose you are. Now get out of my spotlight, find your own." Jedite shrugged and motioned for the Villain Ltd. tech crew to point a spotlight on him as well, and then he stepped out of the violet glow. Beryl returned her attention to Endymion and Serenity, but gave a frustrated sigh.

"I can't see them!" she said impatiently, so within seconds they had a soft white glow surrounding them. Beryl's hands circled around her hovering purple orb, and an evil smile played on her lips. "I had not expected to have the two of you in my presence so soon. How did you manage to find the princess and help her escape?" she asked evilly, as though she was testing them.

Endymion placed his large hand gently upon Selenity and pushed her behind him a little. "It was easy, all I had to do was walk around until I found her, your walls of fog are easy to walk through."

Beryl's smile froze as she snapped her head in Jedite's direction. "You didn't put up the barrier fog walls? You put up just the decorative fog walls?" she asked.

Jedite went pale. "Far be it from me to point out my innocence, but I believe it was you who put up the decorative fog walls last night for your 47th birth-" Beryl cut him off.

"I know which party it was!" she snapped, then sighed. "Why did you not remind me then to put the right ones up?" she asked impatiently through gritted teeth. He looked like he was about to reply but she cut him off again. "Never mind Jedite, I do not wish to hear your excuses. I grow impatient with you. Bring me the Imperium Silver Crystal, and do not fail me again!"

There was a silence as everyone stared at Beryl. She looked back and forth between our two heros and Jedite. "What? Have I said something that you find odd?" she asked slowly, as though she was actually unsure of herself.

Jedite stared at his Queen. "My Lady, I…I have brought you the Imperium Silver Crystal. Princess Serenity posses it, and she stands before you."

For the first time in history, Beryl blushed. "Never mind. Well done Jedite, go and…..annoy Malachite or something, I will address you later." Jedite bowed and walked away, the spotlight turning off. They heard his retreating footsteps and then a BANG and a series of choice curses as Jedite exited the door he had just run into. Beryl rolled her eyes. "Incompetent fool…." she muttered to herself as she turned her attention back to Serenity and Endymion.

"I win, little Princess, hand over the Crystal, and I will consider sparing your lives," she said, a triumphant smile on her lips.

Serenity sighed. "You already know that I am going to refuse," she said.

Beryl blinked at her in surprise, then a wave of dark energy shot out from her hovering orb at Endymion. He fell to the ground. Serenity screamed, and kneeled beside Endymion.

Endymion blinked at her in surprise. "That didn't hurt very much," he remarked. Serenity stood up and looked at the Queen.

Beryl's eyebrows rose as she examined her orb. "Zoicite must have been fidiling with this again, it's set to stun……" she mumbled as she fiddled with it some more. Serenity had tears running down her face.

"How dare you try and hurt Endymion," she whispered. Beryl glanced up at her.

"Calm down, I didn't even hurt him yet," she replied coolly.

Serenity would not take this though. "I am a fighter for love and justice, and even if you did not hurt him, your intentions were clear to everyone in this room, even if it is just the three of us, as well as to each person reading this story. They will each review just to spite you, and they will let their anger be known at your actions. It is not right that you have the power to hurt the innocent, even if you do have a purpose to fulfill. Your heart is filled with darkness and evil, and you are jealous of those who have something that you do not. You are pitiful! You don't even have Generals that can pull off a proper evil laugh on the first try!" she yelled.

Beryl stared at her. "I knew Jedite was still young but…." she started, but Serenity cut her off.

"I am not finished ranting! I cannot just stand by and watch you hurt those that I love, or at least attempt to do so. Your hands are already stained with blood of the innocent, and I will not allow you to do that any more. I will make sure that the universe is rid of you forever and ever and ever, so that your evil deeds can no longer do any harm. You may be stunning for your age, and I'm not sure if you use Herbal essances or not since your hair looks very soft, but I cannot allow you to exist even for you hair!"

Beryl stared at her. "You're starting to sound evil yourself-" she was once again cut off.

"I am NOT done! Please let me finish my Heroine speech! You don’t even have enough respect to hear someone out when they have something to say. Isn't that right Endymion?" she asked and looked down at the man still sitting at her feet. He was looking off into space, so she nudged him with her foot. He yelped and looked up at her. "RIGHT?" she snapped.

He quickly nodded his head. "Yes, of course, whatever you say my love," he said hastily. Serenity brought her glare back up to Beryl, who was toying with her orb absentmindedly. She looked up at the glaring Princess.

"Oh, are you finished?" she asked. Serenity sighed and nodded her head. Beryl straitened up.

"Good now I can-" she was cut off by the sound of a series of crashes, and the sound of voices.

"You will not harm them-ahhh!"

"In the name of Mars you will-OW!"

"Venus love ch-whoops! Sorry Mercury!"

"Princess we've come to- hey watch where you stick your foot!"

Serenity, Endymion, and Beryl all stared in the general direction of the noise. Beryl sighed and glanced up, signaling for yet another spotlight. A beam of light fell upon a dog pile of arms and legs and short skirts. Serenity stared at the Senshi as they tried to get up. "Uhhh……"

Mars was the first to actually get up. "Why do you keep it so dark here, we tripped all over ourselves as soon as we stepped through the wall!"

Beryl had an amused look on her face as she watched the Senshi slowly regain their composure.

Endymion finally stood up too, al though a little reluctantly. "How did you know to come and find us?" he asked.

Jupiter lifted her hand and opened her mouth to speak, but paused, and turned around to look at the rest of the girls. "How did we know to come here?" she asked. All of the Senshi looked at her blankly. Ami started typing at her computer furiously, but after a while stopped.

"I don't know. According to all calculations,logic, probability, and possibility of sheer luck, we should not have known that they were even missing, never mind knowing where to come and look for them and actually finding them," she said.

Venus rolled her eyes. "Well, we're here, so we might as well help!" The girls turned to face Serenity and Endymion, who in turn faced Beryl.

Beryl sighed. "Well for one thing I was not expecting all of you, and I have given half the youma a day off, so I don't know how well a fight would go. On top of that, that imbecile Zoicite messed around with my globe, and it is now stuck on 'stun' so there is really nothing I can do but send you all back. Do you mind if we reschedule this fight of the century for some other time?"

Serenity pondered this. "I suppose. Mama will be furious that I've been gone as long as I have, so it would be nice to get back early."

Venus nodded. "That would be nice actually. I have this ball to go to with this cute prince…."

Mercury smiled. "I really should not be missing tonight's tutoring session…"

Mars sighed. "I need to be catching up on my beauty sleep."

Jupiter shrugged. "I was hoping for a workout, but the trainer father just hired is really hot, so I would rather work out with him……"

Endymion nodded. "I really need to get a head start of running from my life from Serenity's mother once she finds out we were spending time together again, so it would really work out for me too……"

Beryl nodded. "Very well. My schedule is pretty full right now, so I'll let you know when I’m free." Everyone nodded, and in a flash of light, Serenity and Endymion found themselves back in the garden where Jedite had first abducted Serenity.

Serenity smiled up at Endymion. "I'm so happy that we're back," she said, leaning against him.

Endymion nodded. "I suppose we will have to wait until next time to defeat Beryl." Serenity nodded her head.

"My Hero," she sighed. Not one to back out of being given credit, Endymion smiled. He then stepped back.

"Well, I should start running," he said. Serenity nodded, and waved to him as he started off.

"Goodbye my love….until next time….so long!" and with those words, her prince disappeared into the setting sun, singing his hair a little in the process.

THE END
………………………R 30;…………………………&# 8230;………………………… ..
A/N: Ok, there you go, the end. I hope you liked it and that it made you smile. Oh, you might as well listen to Serenity and review, just to spite BerylI would really appreciate reviews on this story, since I've never written anything like it and I don't know how it or funny, lame or laughable...tell me anything! Anja.

Cinderella : Hello, I'm still waiting here!!
Anja: Sorry, some other story.
Cinderella :*grumbling* I'm not like Sleeping Beauty you know, I can't be beautiful after a hundred years! I need to be rescued NOW…
Anja : *sweat drop*