Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Devil's Cry ❯ The Hunt, Part 2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Cry
Chapter 3: The Hunt, Part 2

The big man held his hand out and fired an energy blast. For the first time since coming to Tokyo the man in blue used right arm. He brought his hand up and crushed the energy blast. His fist was covered in smoke as it dropped to his side. The big man took his chance and threw Asteroid at the man in blue. The man in blue side stepped and fired.

The man in blue missed. The big man leapt into the air and was gone. The man in blue turned when he heard people running at him. Sailor Love had caught Asteroid before he hit the ground. The other Titans were now rushing to back her up. The Titans squared off with the man as he reloaded his revolver.

The man in blue looked to the sky and mumbled something. He put the revolver away and his hands glowed for a moment. When the glow faded he was wearing clawed guantlets that shimmered like a rainbow. A pair of grieves covered his ankles and shins. On the sides a pair of serrated wheels were mounted. What looked like a rocket dropped from the guantlets as the man in blue made a fist.

He slammed the ground sending chunks concrete and earth twisting all around. It felt like an earthquake to everyone around. The man in blue went for the wall around the park. He made it, but felt a pain in his leg. He looked down as he ran to his motorcycle. He’d been shot. He swore as he rode after the big man. The big man was now jumping from roof to roof and it was making it hard for the man in blue to keep up.

Eventually the man in blue lost him. With his leg getting worse the man in blue had no choice but to go to the hospital. There a woman with short blue hair treated him. He felt weird without his sword or gun, but the big man wouldn’t come to him. The doctor wanted to give him some antibiotics after she pulled the bullet it out but the man in blue left before she could.

To make matters worse the doctor’s name was Ami Mizuno. When he tried to leave security guards and the police stopped him. They tried at least. The man in blue would twist and turn and lean this way and that. It kept the police from getting cuffs on him. In the end they had to try and club him. That didn’t work so they pulled the tazers. That didn’t work so they had to pull their guns. That had them staring down their own weapons.

The man dropped the guns and walked for the door. The Titans showed up and the man sighed before leaping at them. He wheeled into a flurry of kicks and punches. The Titans were all caught so off guard by the sudden attack that they couldn’t stop him when he rode off on his motorcycle.

The man in blue cranked the throttle as high as it could go. He was pratically flying down the street towards the airport. He could feel the big man was there and he had to hurry. The man in blue was too late no matter how fast he went. He rode onto the runway and reached for the plane.

He slowed to a stop and roared. He turned around and rode back towards the large tower at the center of Tokyo. Once there he walked inside and stopped at the security guard desk. He wasn’t carrying his sword but the guards still jumped to their feet.

He pointed at the two guards, the same ones from the other night and said, “Sit.”

The man in blue rode the elevator to the top floor and walked into the queen’s office. There was no one there so he sat down and waited, in the queen’ chair. He turned the queen’s chair so he was looking out the windows over the city. He didn’t have to wait too long for the double doors to open. He heard the queen and several people talking about some pointless issue.

“I love this chair,” he said as he turned the chair and smiled at the queen, “Take a seat we need to have a talk.”

The Serenity catiously sat into one of the chairs on the other side of her desk.

“And what is it you wish to talk to me about?” she asked the man in blue.

“Well first we need to introduce ourselves. You of course are Neo-queen Serenity, a-k-a the infamous Sailor Moon. I have no name, but feel free to call me hunter,” the man in blue leaned forward and smiled, supporting his weight on the desk, “What we need to talk about is rather simple. The people in this city who must answer to you, through some means, have been getting in my way. You see I’m a bounty hunter of sorts. The man that came here for you the other night, he’s my latest mark, and thanks to your people he’s gotten beyond my reach.”

“And?”

“Well here’s the problem. My mark is attempting to unleash a group of devils who don’t follow the dark lord willingly. If they get loose they’ll bring about an early apocolypse. And it won’t be one that you recover from…ever.”

“That’s a rather threatening statement.”

“Yeah, well,” the man in blue leaned back in the chair, “Your people dug this grave. As queen your going to have to be the one who sleeps in it first.”

Reuisu Luvhaug chimed in, “I’d say it’s your problem more than ours.”

The man in blue stood, “I believe I’ve been in your chair this whole time. You’ll have to excuse me as I have a little chat with him.”

The man in blue smiled as he walked towards Reuisu. He placed a hand on Reuisu’s shoulder and smiled at him.

The man in blue noticed the familiar face of Rei Hino, “Well that’s a familiar, and pretty face.”

“Um, well, thank you,” Rei was startled by the complament.

By the time she’d thanked the man in blue he’d thrown Reuisu. Reuisu collided with the window behind Serenity cracking the glass. The man rushed Reuisu and punched him in the chest. Reuisu went straight through the glass and was dangled by the man in blue.

“I just had that window replaced!” Serenity shouted.

The man smiled evilly as Reuisu clawed at his hand, “Now listen close you little punk. All I care about is my mark. Any other demons that show up are your fault and I expect you to take care of your mess. Do I make myself clear?”

Reuisu nodded as best he could and said, “Yes.”

“Good. Now get back in here,” The man in blue threw Reuisu back into the room, then turned to Serenity, “Your highness. I’ll expect the full cooperation of all the uniformed men and women of this fine city to allow me to walk the streets unmolested. Regardless of what I may be wearing.”

“I suppose I can allow that.”

There were numerous protests from all present in the room, excluding the man in blue. With a wave of her hand the queen silenced all protests. The man in blue bowed and walked out of the tower with Reuisu following close behind.

“I don’t know what you’re planning,” Reuisu glared at the man, “But you won’t get away with it.”

“The only thing I’m planning Micky,” the man in blue said, “Is to get my mark and go back to hell.”

“Hell? What do you mean ‘go back to hell?’”

“Get the rest of your idiot friends together and I’ll explain everything.”

It took only about an hour to gather all the Titans together. Chris had been released from the hospital after having his injure dealt with. With everyone sitting on the couch looking at him the man in blue smiled. He was sitting backwards in a chair.

“Well aren’t I just the popular one,” the man in blue started, “Well to keep Micky here from getting anymore pissy then he already is I’ll begin. Once upon a time there was a girl. This girl met a boy and the boy thought she was the most beautiful thing he’d ever seen. After several years the boy was preparing to ask the girl to spend the rest of her life with him, but something happened. They were mugged. The man had been without a fix in god only knows how long. Anyway, the man shot the boy. The bullet nicked the boys heart and he bleed out in his beloved’s arms as she begged through tears for him not to leave her.
“The boy waited but there was no light to shuffle him off to the next world. Instead there was the dark lord of chaos…”

“He met Lucifer?” Tyrael and Davros asked at the same time.

The man in blue sighed, “Yes now shut up. The boy met the dark lord of chaos, who offered him a job. If the boy would accept the job he would be given extra time to his life span. The boy argued for a year to his life per mark he brought back. There was already a mark lined up. What the boy didn’t know, was that all the time he’d spent stuck in Hell bargaining, was equal to nearly three years here on Earth. Needless to say the girl managed to move on and found someone who made her happier.”

“What’s that have to do with you?” Reuisu asked glaring at the man.

The man in blue sighed and pulled his hood back, “The boy, he had silver hair and grey eyes. He was six feet tall. Was born under the name of Francis Dunkin. Social Security number 333-25-4965(not a real SS#). Anything else you want to know?”

The all just stared in shock.

To be continued…