Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Duty to the Princess ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

An Alt SailorMoon Fanfic: Duty to the Princess

By Adyen (senranda@yahoo.ca)

Author's Note: Ok, I lied when I said I'd start with RMMW. I re-read Duty and found that I left it at a very interesting part, and decided to give some juice to this story first. I WILL be finishing the re-write for RMMW, just not first…
__________________________________________________________ ______________

Everyone has been worrying over the kidnapping for over three months now. The police, and everyone else, has theorized that the kidnappings happen every month or so, maybe for some sort of ritual or something, but there was no solid evidence as no body was ever found.

The fourth month started off with Uranus and Neptune calling a meeting, post haste. So, everyone was seated in their house, waiting for those who were farthest from the place to arrive. Interestingly enough, it was Minako who had the most trouble arriving, as she had to either change buses three times, or get a ride from Haruka.

When the final member arrived, everyone seated themselves and waited to see why this meeting was called.

Michiru glanced at Haruka and then at Usagi. Seeing her princess' questioning look, she started, "We were returning from shopping in a nearby district," (the agreed upon alibi) "when we thought we saw one of the girls who were kidnapped."

Usagi's face paled while the others leaned in. "Did you know who it was?" Minako asked, not noticing her princess' reaction. That doesn't mean Pluto, Neptune, or Uranus didn't notice.

Shaking her head, Haruka said, "No. By the time we started chasing after her, she had disappeared."

Makoto slammed her right fist into her left palm, and suggested, "Why don't we go check tonight? The police think that the kidnappings happen around once each month, so maybe we'd even catch the kidnapper while he's there!"

Everyone nodded except Usagi, who was going to say something when she noticed Setsuna looking at her like there was something on her face. Usagi bit her tongue and reluctantly said, "I guess you're right. But we can't all go, especially now, since the finals are approaching."

Everyone boggled at Usagi using *school* as an excuse to not do senshi stuff, but Setsuna agreed. "She's right. While catching the kidnapper is important, your schooling is quite important as well. Here's what we'll do: Two Inners with two Outers each day; Mars and Venus, Jupiter and Mercury; Uranus and Neptune, me and Saturn." She turned to her princess and asked, "Would it be alright if you went on every three days? You'll rotate with each group, just in case we actually need you to stop the kidnapper. Of course, if it was only a normal human, we should be able to capture him or her easily, but..."

Usagi slowly nodded and said, "Alright. Who's going first?"

"Me and Saturn with Mercury's group. Do you wish to join us today, or with Uranus tomorrow?"

Usagi closed her eye for a moment, thinking, then opened them again. "Tomorrow. I need to get home soon, so I rather not get yelled at by mother."

Everyone hid a small smile as Setsuna nodded. "Haruka will drive those of you going home back. I think you'd want to use the phone, Ami."

Everyone started moving when Minako asked Usagi, "Where's Luna? I haven't seen her for quite some time now."

A startled Usagi turned back to Minako and stammered, "Uh... She's been sleeping a lot lately. Every time I get home, the lazy cat was sleeping!"

A somewhat awkward silence appeared between them for a few seconds before Minako giggled and said, "Sometimes, cats are just like that."

Usagi weakly laughed before leaving quickly to Haruka's car.

Minako frowned and watched as Usagi retreated. Something was very wrong, and she intended to find out what.

That night, the kidnapper struck again… on the other side of town.