Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Duty to the Princess ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

An Alt SailorMoon Fanfic:

Duty to the Princess

By Adyen (senranda@yahoo.ca)

Author¡¦s notes: To those who are interested in my other fics, I can honestly tell you that I¡¦ll continue them¡K one day. I even have the next chapter of one of the other story done, but it¡¦s so *bad* that I¡¦m going to post two chapters for that in a row, just so you can skip one and read the other.


A word of caution. This fic can potentially go Dark if I can¡¦t think of a good ending for it except for what I have. The story starts after the end of the series, and it doesn¡¦t matter if you read the manga or watched the anime. There will be very little reflecting to that except general knowledge. It¡¦s a pretty transparent plot, really, but it¡¦s just an idea.

_________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Osaka Naru waved good bye to her friends as she walked towards the Crown Center. After two years of sudden break-off, her ex-best friend, Tsukino Usagi had approached her one day and asked for her forgiveness. She warily forgave her, but their friendship is still shaky, as Naru felt that Usagi had betrayed her when she suddenly broke off all contact and fell into a group with a few of the other students.

However, that was nearly a month ago, and they decided that they should have a small get together and find out what has changed with each other. Never mind that Naru would be early and if Usagi was par on the course, she¡¦ll be late.

As she turned a corner, she thought she saw something¡K a streak of gold, flash into a nearby alleyway. Curiosity got the best of her, and knowing that she would only be waiting for Usagi when she got to Crown, she turned down the alley, out of sight, and alone.

There was no scream.

_________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

The police calmly nodded to the girl sitting on the couch. It had been two days since the disappearance of one Osaka Naru, and those who last saw her have been given ¡¥the Talk¡¦ from the police. All that¡¦s left is to talk with one Tsukino Usagi.

¡§¡K we just got back together so I asked Naru-chan to meet me at the Crown Arcade, you know where it is, right?¡¨ She barely whispered, looking at the two officers, who nodded and encouraged her to continue. ¡§We, when I got there, I asked Motoki-kun, you know, Furubata Motoki? The newly promoted manager of the place?¡¨ The two men nodded again. ¡§Well, I asked him if Naru-chan arrived yet, and he said no, so I waited. I mean, normally I¡¦m the one who¡¦s late, so I thought I¡¦d wait for her and maybe joke about me getting there before she did, but then she never came and so I phoned Mrs. Osaka, but she said Naru-chan wasn¡¦t at home nor did she phone home, so I panicked and went around looking for her but I couldn¡¦t find her¡K¡¨ At this point, Usagi had started sobbing while covering her face with her hands. ¡§If only I wasn¡¦t always so late Naru-chan would be alright~~~¡¨ She wailed between her hands.

The two policemen calmly tried to inform her that it wasn¡¦t likely because of her lateness that caused Naru to be kidnapped, but they might as well tried to push the planet into the sun.

If only they knew.

_________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

A week after what happened to Naru, Setsuna got a surprise visitor.

¡§Usagi-hime! Come in!¡¨ Meioh Setsuna said to her princess, who was standing at the front door of the condominium the Outers owned.

Usagi nodded and said, ¡§Thank you¡¨ before entering their home.

Once inside, Setsuna poured Usagi a cup of tea, and asked, ¡§So, what brings you over, hime?¡¨

Semi-flinching at the title, she gingerly played with her drink for a few minutes before asking, ¡§Why do you Outers protect me, or Serenity?¡¨

Blinking, Setsuna mentally shakes off her surprise by answering, ¡§Well, we all love you, Usagi-hime. We can¡¦t bare the thought of you getting hurt.¡¨

Usagi blinked and turned to face the senshi of time. ¡§Is that why? It has nothing to do with me being Princess Serenity?¡¨ She pressed.

¡§Well¡K¡¨ the elder senshi drawled, ¡§of course, we all have our duties to the Princess, but you have to understand that we were born with that duty. We choose to protect *you*, and we would even if you weren¡¦t the Princess.¡¨

Usagi seemed to be daydreaming, her lips silently repeating something that Setsuna couldn¡¦t make out. Then suddenly, she seemed to blink out of it, and turned to her host. ¡§Thank you Setsuna. I won¡¦t bother you anymore.¡¨

With that, she got up, bowed, and before Setsuna could say anything more, was out of the lot and out on the streets.

¡§Weird.¡¨ Setsuna muttered, not seeing nor hearing Usagi repeat, ¡§Duty to the Princess¡K¡¨

_________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

That night, another kidnapping happened. This time, it was a friend of Naru, who had decided to go out for some reason around 6PM, and never returned home.

_________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Well, please review on this. I think it¡¦s a pretty simple start and could branch into a lot of different things¡K Comments of any sort is always welcome, but I¡¦d prefer it if you just leave a review on FF.net. My yahoo email account is getting kinda full¡K ^_^;;;;