Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal City:Crystal Tokyo ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters from Sailor Moon or any of the other series featured here.

Eternal City, Crystal Tokyo: Part OneSailor Moon raised up her scepter, her costume shifting to become the princess gown that she wore in times of greatest need. "Moon Cosmic Power," she cried out in ringing tones, the crestent moon on her brow blazing.A second scepter was crossed with the first, and Prince Endymion raised his voice along with her's, "Earth Cosmic Power!"Then a sword was raised along with those two weapons, and a great power swelled up around the three of them as Tenjou Utena cried out, "The Power to Revolutionize the World!"The school teacher shut down a series of images along with the file she had been reading from and looked up at her room full of students. With a little smile she asked, "Now, why is it that most citizens believe that Neo-Queen Serenity alone was the one who fought off the ice age?"The students began to offer various theories, ranging from it becoming a folk tale to rumors to some kind of conspiracy from the crown. She let them debate it amoung themselves for awhile, then gestured them to silence."I want you all to research the issue," she smiled as she began to shut down her files, "and we'll talk about it again tomorrow."There was a soft chorus of groans, and the students began to file out of the room. A boyish looking, dark haired student followed the others outside, an odd little smile on her handsome face. She politely turned down invitations from her fellow students, seperating from the pack.'If they only knew,' Erica Tenoh thought to herself with a smile on her face. She pushed her short black hair out of her eyes as she ran for the maglev to the palace.She took off her pack, settled into a seat and looked out the window at the varried city that passed her by. Shining crystal towers appeared one moment, restored brick buildings another, and even a few old style wooden buildings made up the jigsaw puzzle of Crystal Tokyo. The latest in inovations and some of the oldest traditions of this world still lived here, though Erica often wondered if that was always a good thing.The Palace soon loomed above them, and they slid gently to a stop. Along with a few minor bureaucrats and officials Erica left the maglev, taking a moment to make sure none of her school friends were around to see her. She didn't know what they'd do if they found out she was the daughter of two of the Senshi, and she really didn't want to find out.Erica took the lift up to the residential levels, and her palm print opened up the family's apartment. "I'm home," she called out."Welcome back," she was almost surprised to hear an answer. Erica followed the voice to find Lady Neptune preparing some dinner for three. Michiru smiled at her daughter and asked, "So how was school today, dear?""Hey, Mom." Erica waved. "We actually got asked a question sort of about the Senshi," she leaned on the counter with a smile."What about?" Michiru asked her daughter curiously."Why more people don't know about Utena helping prevent the ice age," Erica reached over the counter to pick up a carrot slice.Absent mindedly Michiru whapped Erica's hand with a spoon, "Sorry, that's for our dinner." She tapped her chin and chuckled softly, "From what I remember, Utena didn't want anyone to know that she was involved.""Really?" Erica asked disbelievingly."Yep," another voice came from behind Erica. She turned to see her other mother, Lady Uranus, standing there with a grin."Haruka," Michiru reached across the counter to take her husband's hand. She pretended to frown, "You're late."With a florish Haruka produced a boquet of flowers from behind her back, "Sorry, I had to detour to pick these up."The two cuddled, and a blushing Erica made a face. "Excuse me," she waved 'bye, and headed off into the living room. She flopped down on the couch, 'Wonder if Chibi-Usa or Hotaru are around? They're always fun.'After a moment of thought Erica sat forward, "Computer, datafiles. Subject: Tenjou Utena, the primary possesor of the power of Dios."It took a moment, then a series of images appeared on the wall as the computer's cool, feminine voice spoke, "Tenjou Utena, born 1985, old calendar.""She's that old?" Erica squeaked. She looked at the noble pink haired woman's face displayed on the wall, "She sure looks good for her age.""Acquired the Power of Dios approximate date 2000, began to operate publically as a heroine in 2003. Became an ally of the Senshi soon after, along with several of those who carried fragments of the Power of Dios," the computer continued.Erica leaned forward curiously, "List those that carry the Power of Dios, not including Utena.""Arisugawa Juri, Kaoru Miki, Kiryuu Touga, Kiryuu Nanami, Saionji Kyouichi are those that possess fragments of the Power of Dios," the computer reported."And now the five of them stand be the Senshi as their Generals in this era," Erica murmured to herself."That is correct," the computer agreed."That was a rhetorical comment," she shot back. She frowned and asked, "So why did Utena break up the power?""That... is not in my records," the computer answered."So this is for a school project?" Haruka asked, walking in with Michiru at her side."Sort of," Erica smiled back at her mothers, "I guess I'm just curious. I see the Generals all the time at Court, but I don't remember even seeing her there.""Utena doesn't enjoy being in the public eye much," Michiru noted. "It doesn't help that she doesn't transform the same way we do," she added."What do you mean?" Erica asked."Our transformation keeps ordinary people from realizing our civilian identities," Haruka explained, "but Utena and her allies don't have that protection." She took Michiru's hand, "It's because of that you can go to school and not be recognized as our daughter.""So she likes to keep her privacy," Erica nodded. "Does she ever come to court?" she asked."Sometimes, but she uses a disguise pen Luna gave her," Michiru said."So I might have even met her, and not know it," Erica shook her head, adding, "That sucks."