Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal City:Crystal Tokyo ❯ Chapter 16

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Eternal City, Crystal Tokyo: Part Sixteen

"Erica's got a girlfriend?" Hotaru looked mildly surprised at hearing that piece of news.

"Shh!" Usagi shushed her lover, her pink hair flowing past her shoulders. "I'm not sure," she admitted, "but she actually had a girl walk home with her from school."

"Which is a major step forward for our shy Erica," the black haired woman smiled wryly. Hotaru leaned forward, "Have we met her before?"

"Her name is Catrine," Usagi eagerly reported, "she's a blue haired girl who we saw at the Memory observances up at the Palace. Apparently she's also a classmate of Erica's."

"Well, isn't that interesting?" Hotaru mused. She frowned slightly, "I wonder if I should check her out, make sure she's right for my little sister?"

"If we try something like that, Erica will be really upset," Usagi observed, but there was an excited tone to her voice. "We'd need some Disguise Pens, though."

Hotaru gave her a sly smile, "I know where we can get them." She paused thoughtfully before adding, "Though we might have to bring someone else along with us."

"Well, the more the merrier," Usagi shrugged before asking her curiously, "so who do we have to go see for the Pens?"

"You'll see," Hotaru grinned, getting up off of the couch.

A few minutes later they were standing in an office, and Hotaru finished explaining to the woman sitting behind the desk. "I'll lend you the disguise pens," Minako said with a smile, "but I want to come along, too."

"Told you." Hotaru grinned at Usagi.

Minako stuck her tongue out at Hotaru. "You have to admit, it could be fun. Besides, how often do I get to dress up as a school girl again?" the beautiful blonde asked.

"Gee, I would have thought that Motoko might.." Usagi smirked, then yelped softly as Hotaru pinched her in the side.

"Ohh, bad girl," Minako walked over to the wall, tapping it a certain sequence and causing a panel to slide aside. From a compartment there she drew out three disguise pens, passing them out to the other two girls.

As Hotaru took her pen she softly said, "From what I've seen, you and Motoko are doing well." A gentle smile, "I'm glad."

"Thanks," Minako blushed slightly.

"So," Usagi bounced the little pen up and down in her palm, "do these work just like the old Disguise Pen did?"

"Luna pretty much insisted," Minako said with a impish smile, "hold the pen above your head, call 'Disguise Power' and then say what you want to become."

"Simple enough," Hotaru agreed.

"When do we want to do this?" Usagi asked the others curiously.

"Erica and Catrine should be in classes tomorrow," Minako offered, "we can let Erica go to school first, then slip into the school later on."

"That should work," Hotaru agreed.

"Simple plans usually are best," Usagi agreed.

"Then excuse me for a moment," Minako went to her door, sticking her head out to smile at her secretary, "Nuku Nuku?"

"Hai?" the perky redhead beamed before correcting, "I mean, yes?"

"Clear my appointments for tomorrow," Minako ordered her, "I should be back by the afternoon, but.."

"Yes, ma'am," Nuku Nuku said in her perky way.

Usagi looked up curiously as Minako came back inside and closed the door behind her. "I always wondered why you chose her for your personal secretary, rather than some of the other applicants," she mused.

"She's cute, good natured and handles the paperwork well," Minako said to them mildly. She smiled wickedly, "Also she's superstrong and nearly invulnerable, so if anyone tries something, they'll badly regret it."

Hotaru chuckled softly. "So, we'll see you tomorrow," she smiled as Usagi took her hand and they left the office together.

Early the next morning Erica rode the maglev to school, and without being aware of it she was followed. "When do you think we should use the Pens?" Usagi asked softly, the three riding a few cars back from Erica.

"Let's wait until we reach the school itself," Minako offered. "That way we can make sure we blend in better by copying a girl's uniform."

"Erica does look good in the boy's uniform," Usagi noted.

"True," Minako agreed, "but I doubt any of us could carry it off." She paused thoughtfully, "Well, maybe Hotaru, but not Usagi and I."

"You think so?" Hotaru blinked.

"Hmm," Usagi nodded slightly, "you've got the pale coloring to go with the black uniform. Add in the dark hair, and it really works."

Hotaru smiled slightly, "Then maybe I'll try it." She dropped her voice, leaning towards the pink haired girl, "Maybe when we're alone.."

"We're there," Minako reminded the girls with a slight smirk.

"Ah, right," they jerked apart, both women blushing slightly. The three got off the train together, walking towards the school where they saw several of the school girls walking to their classes. "Let's change, then," Usagi grinned.

Ducking into an alley they held the three pens up and cried, "Disguise power! Transform us into school girls!"

The three school girls were smiling slightly as they emerged from the alley, adjusting their sailor suits. "Not bad," Hotaru adjusted her skirt, noting the black trim.

Usagi bounced up and down, her own suit with the pink trim. "I've missed this," she noted, "it's been too long since I was in school."

"Considering your marks, I'd be happy I was out of school," Minako noted.

"Minako!" Usagi protested, "That's not fair."

Hotaru rolled her eyes. To head off any further debate she mildly offered, "Why don't we go in and see if we can find Erica and her new friend?"

"Good idea," Usagi beamed.

The three moved with the crowds, slipping through the hallways together while they searched for their target. "There she is," Minako murmured, spotting Erica in front of her locker.

The dark haired teen ran a hand through her short black hair, hesitating before finally opening her locker. Before Erica could grab at them a small pile of love letters fluttered down to lay there around her shoes. Sighing, the girl in the boys uniform collected then, tying them up into a bundle that she put in her school bag.

"Popular, isn't she?" Hotaru noted.

"There's that girl I mentioned!" Usagi piped up as a blue haired young woman walked up to Erica. She was a bit shorter than Erica, the blue hair reaching her slim shoulders. "Look at her face," she murmured softly, the girl gazing up at Erica happily.

"Erica," Catrine looked up at her schoolmate, "you've got the oddest look on your face."

"This itch between my shoulder blades," Erica frowned, "almost as if I was being followed."

Catrine took a look around, then her eyes widened. "There are three girls watching you over there," she whispered, "and I don't recognize them."

Erica took a careful look, watching all three girls trying to look casual. "I think I recognize them," Erica sighed, "their family, more or less."

"Eh?" Catrine blinked.

"Come on," Erica gently took her friend's arm to walk over to the trio.

"Busted," Minako realized as Erica walked towards them. Once they got near enough she said in her perkiest voice, "Erica! Fancy meeting you here."

"Everybody, meet Catrine," Erica sighed, "Catrine, I'd like you to meet my Aunt Minako, sister Hotaru and best friend Usagi."

"Hi," Catrine blinked, looking at them oddly.

"How did you recognize us?" Usagi blinked.

"I've known you all for years," Erica said dryly, "I very much doubt that a Disguise Pen is going to hide you from me."

"It's very nice to meet you," Hotaru smiled at Catrine, noting that the blue haired girl had the oddest look on her face.

"Hotaru.. Usagi.. Minako," Catrine's face was pale. "You're senshi?!"

"Here we go again," Erica sighed. She softly advised Catrine, "Breathe, please. We don't want you to faint."

"Hai.." Catrine managed weakly.

To be continued..