Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal City:Crystal Tokyo ❯ Chapter 41

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Eternal City, Crystal Tokyo

The shaft of light glittered as the transport sphere descended, a blue globe glittering like a gem as it settled to the ground then disappeared silently. Sailor Star Fighter and Healer stepped forward first, warily watching for trouble, then Queen Kakyuu of Kinmoku stepped forward, the redhead smiling slightly.

“You don’t need to be so wary,” Kakyuu murmured to the black haired Fighter, “we’re at the palace of a close ally.”

Fighter shook her head, her long ponytail flowing as she answered, “You can never be too careful, ma’am.”

“Besides,” Healer murmured as the shorter while haired woman stayed close by her side, “we have to justify our pay somehow.”

“Healer,” Fighter frowned as Kakyuu chuckled.

“Welcome to the palace,” Queen Serenity smiled, her long white-blonde hair gleaming, “I hope the trip wasn’t too difficult?”

Kakyuu smiled as she took Serenity’s hands, “It was fine. If fact, we were even escorted in by one of your lovely ships.”

King Endymion nodded, “We sent the Nadesico in case any isolationist were foolish enough to try to intercept you.”

“To protect us?” Fighter asked.

“No, to keep them from being destroyed if they annoyed you,” Endymion teased gently as Kakyuu laughed softly.

In the crowd of dignitaries gathered on the roof to witness the ceremony, Sakura Kinomoto stood to one side, her simple dress hugging the seemingly young sorceress.

“How are the wards?” Tomoyo Daidouji asked, the black haired woman standing protectively close to her. Possessed of the powers once belonging to Yue she was Sakura’s champion and defender, not to mention her lover.

“The defenses are ready,” Sakura nodded, her brown hair flowing around her face.

“I’m a little surprised the Sailor SEnshi asked for our assistance,” Tomoyo confessed, her eyes scanning the crowd.

“The signing of the treaty between Earth and Kinmoku is important both literally and symbolically,” Sakura shrugged, “it’s just the sort of thing the isolationists hate.”

“True,” Tomoyo conceded. She smiled slightly, “Have you talked to Nadesico yet?”

Sakura chuckled warmly, “We were on the vid-phone yesterday. She seems quite taken with Fudoh, doesn’t she?”

“Oh yes,” Tomoyo agreed. Their daughter was nearly bubbling with happiness when she talked about her friend, and even had asked for advise on how to draw her out more. She frowned, “I just with Fudoh wasn’t feuding with the Senshi.”

“It does complicate matters,” Sakura admitted as they watched the Senshi each greeting the foreign queen.

“Maker,” Kakyuu smiled as the third Star SEnshi bowed to her, “you’ve done well, negotiating the treaty.”

“I’m honored to serve, my queen,” Sailor Star Maker bowed, her brown hair flowing in it’s simple ponytail.

Kakyuu looked amused as she whispered, “And what’s this I hear about you and Jupiter?”

Maker blushed, “This isn’t really the time.”

“All right,” Kakyuu conceded, “but I want to hear all about it later.”

“Yes, ma’am,” Maker sighed.

“Nice to see you getting grilled for a change,” Makoto Kino murmured to Maker after a moment, the tall brown haired woman chuckling softly.

Minako Aino paused as the blonde touched her ear, listening to the implant just under the skin there. “Near miss,” she whispered to the queen softly as photos flashed off the whole group.

“What happened?” Serenity asked as she maintained her perfect smile for the cameras.

“An Isolationist attack was intercepted by Major Motoko,” Mina revealed, keeping her own perfect smile in place, “we stopped them with no casualties.”

“We really need to take steps,” Miki Kaoru noted, the blue haired executive and government minister looking handsome in his suit.

“You’re just annoyed they took a short at Nanami,” Juri Arisugawa noted, the orange haired warrior staying close to her wife Setsuna Meiou.

“Juri,” SEtsuna chided gently as she said, “you were as upset as anyone else when you heard about that.”

“So where is the charming wife?” Touga Kiryuu asked, the red haired man smirking in his military styled garb.

“She’s a little too far along in her pregnancy to feel comfortable running around town,” Miki admitted, “though she’s monitoring us live.”

Nearby, the youngest members of the group gathered together to talk as they watched the ceremony unfold. Ran Mizuno smiled slightly, her short blue hair flowing around her face as she ask, “Why are they signing the treaty on the palace roof?”

“You have to admit it has a dramatic touch,” Usagi noted, her long pink hair gleaming as her white dress shimmered in the sun.

“But on the security end it’s a nightmare,” Ran frowned, her military training making her decidedly nervous about the situation.

“You don’t think Minako can handle it?” Hotaru Tomoe challenged, the black haired woman giving Ran a withering look.

“I’m sure Minako will do everything in her power,” Ran answered, deliberately restraining herself, “but there are a lot of things that could go wrong that are out of her hands.”

Erica Tenoh shook her head, “And there they go again.”

Hotaru paused, then sighed. “Sorry,” she admitted, “reflex.”

“You two really need to fight each other in the training room,” Usagi said, “maybe get it out of your systems.”

“I doubt even that’d do it,” Erica shook her head wryly. Silently she wished Catrine were here, but this event was for high level diplomats only.

“Incoming,” Ran warned.

Utena Tenjou and her bride Anthy finished their greeting, then the group walked towards the waiting platform with the documents. Each took turns signing pages, formally sealing a alliance between the two alliances of planets.

Queen Kakyuu smiled as she addressed the crowd, “Today marks the beginning of a new era of cooperation between our worlds, and a continuing commitment to peace in our galaxy.”

“Tell that to the League of Non-aligned worlds and Mesa,” Ran muttered under her breath.

“Hush,” Erica elbowed her in the side.

“Besides,” Hotaru noted, “the Khanite hasn’t been exactly a beacon of peace either.”

“Point,” Ran conceded.

“And,” Queen Serenity spoke after giving the band of girls a wry look, “this cements a long standing friendship between our peoples. Long may it endure.”

“Busted,” Usagi muttered as the ceremony wound down.

“We’re in trouble later?” Ran guessed.

“Probably,” Hotaru sighed.

To be continued....

Notes: Wanted to touch on Sakura and Tomoyo again, and I like the idea of Sakura being a powerful mystic.