Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Faith in Sincerity ❯ Faith in Sincerity ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer (I'm so tired of writing these already): I do not own Sailor Moon or the characters within the story. They are the sole possession of Takeuchi Naoko.

Author's notes: This is not a stand-alone story. I am relying on the readers' expected knowledge of the characters' appearances and general dispositions. This fic is a reflection of Mizuno Ami's thoughts upon meeting Makoto/Jupiter in episode 25 (although, her personality is a mix of Ami in the manga and anime). Creative license was taken. :points to the sign: Thank you for not flaming me.

A site with the pictures that inspired this fic (the pictures will help you better understand the fic, if you have trouble remembering the episode):
http://www.tam.ne.jp/~heyan/wma/wma_01.htm

Having said that, on with the show...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------< br />
Faith in Sincerity
by Monikku


Rei-chan and I entered the Crown Game Center looking for Usagi-chan. It was customary for Usagi-chan to waste much of her afternoons there. I understood the desire to relieve the stresses of life. Between school and senshi business, our lives were very hectic. I, however, never quite understood Usagi-chan, I still don't. Afterall, the best relief of stress is to finish your duties!

In a bit of a daze, I sensed Rei-chan stop abruptly. Brushing against her, I felt her arm tense up. As I swiveled my head forward, I saw the source of Rei-chan's surprise. My eyes widened at the sight.

The amazon girl! ...With Usagi-chan??

I had never been one to take heart to rumours, but as I looked at her... the sheer size of her, the relentlessness of her undaunting, fearless gaze... I realised the gossip was true. It left me wondering what other rumours might have been correct.

Usagi-chan is too trusting, Rei-chan had always said that. What was she doing with such a stranger? With someone so well known for a violent temper?

Completely lost in my thoughts, confirming accusations, I never noticed the introductions made. I never noticed the large girl inching towards me, bending down to eye level with me... until she was right in my face.

The fear took root inside my belly. That feral, intimidating girl, less than a foot away...

Smiling brightly and giggling?

It took a moment to register that she was petting Luna. It took even less than that for my cheeks to flush. I had been an utter fool.

She was luminescent, caressing Luna with a careful touch. Surely that glowing face, full of affection... that sweet, gentle girl... could not be the menacing and hateful wretch everyone said she was. Watching her being so playful, so kind...

I let out a wistful sigh, involuntarily, unconsciously.

After realising what I had done, my cheeks then blushed a furiously radiant red.

In my heart, a spark was kindled for the beauty behind the fierce "beast."


Fin