Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fate Can Be Cruel ❯ prolouge ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fate Can Be Cruel

It's cruel how fate can give you something and then take it away in an instant. I had a wonderful life with a fantastic boyfriend and a job that I looked forward to every day. Unlike most people who dread being within a fifty foor radius of their boss for fear of being fired on the spot, I get along great with my boss and all of my co-workers. Little did I know that was all about to be taken away from me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on move it!" I scream at the blood red porche in front of me. I honked my horn a few times for effect. "I'm going to be late." I groan as the porche in front of me still doesn't move. 'The light is green so why doesn't that moron go!' I fume.

In case you haven't guessed already, I'm not in the best mood right now. My long time boyfriend Jordan Light broke up with me this morning. I thought everything was going fine but noooooo.... Jordan called me up this morning and told me that it just wasn't working. Instead of being upset like I should have been I was (and still am) angry at him. I guess I kind of knew it had be coming, we had drifted apart lately, BUT OF ALL THE NERVE THE MAN BROKE UP WITH ME OVER THE PHONE! The phone for Pete's sake! What kind of self-respecting man does that?!

At that thought I slam my hand down on the horn blasting it until the driver of the porche finally gets the clue and moves. 'About time!'

Normally I don't worry about being ontime for work but my boss insisted that that I'd be there in time to meet the TV stations new worker AKA my new partner. 'Hmmm...I wonder what my new partner will be like?' I contemplate. 'Hopefully he or she is not some old stuck up bore that makes it impossible for anyone to get along with them because I have to work with them.

In case your wondering who "I" am and what kind of work I do let me explain. I am Serena Tskunio and am twenty-two years old. I work at a TV station where I am the leading anchorer for the news. My old partner recently got married and transfered to another station in Arizona so I'm expecting a new partner today.

What do I look like? I'm pretty (I'm not being conceited that's just what I'm always told). I have long blond hair that stops at my waist, baby blue eyes, and usually a bubly personality to go along with it but not right now. Anyway...

Eventually my black mustang found its way into the station's parking lot, still trailing behind the porche. I watch as the owner of the porche parks the veichle and out steps the most gorgeous man I have *ever* seen. With a mop of ebony hair that dips over his stormy blue eyes intact with a well chiseled features and a body to die for. The good-looking man looks over my way and gives me a wry look. 'Who is he?' I wonder as I pull my car into an empty space next to him. Catching a glimpse of the clock I gasp. 'Who ever he is he made me late!'

I hop out of my car and snatch my purse from the seat, hastily slamming the car door behind me. I break into a run and reach the meeting panting heavily. Luckily the meeting hasn't started yet. Spotting an empty chair I plop into it trying to catch my breath.

At the head of the table a stout older man stands up. *Ahem* He clears his throat a few times. The chattering around me falls silent as he begins to speak.

"The purpose for this meeting is to introduce to you a new worker. I have heard very good things about this young man and I expect for you all to show him the ropes around here if he needs it. Darien Shields will be our new anchorer working most closely with Serena. With out further delay...Darien Shields." The stout man steps aside to reveal the same ebony man I saw a few minutes ago.

My heart soars as I realize that I will be working closely with this hottie then it plumets as I also realize that he's probably not to pleased with me at the moment for yelling and honking at him this morning. 'Fate is so cruel.' I think dejectedly. If I had only known I'd be working with him I wouldn't have...no I still would have honked and yelled at him I just wouldn't do it as much as I did.

I feel myself sinking in my chair as my boss goes on. " You will be working with our top anchorer Serena Tskunio very closely..." He continues on but I tune him. I just hope he doesn't point me out right now, I don't like to be on anyone's bad side. I know sooner or later he will know who I am. I just hope it's later. 'Don't poin't at me. Don't point at me! Don't point at me!' My thoughts become more frantic as he looks in my direction.

"So which one is she?" I hear Darien ask with a grin.

"Her." My boss says pointing at me. Darien looks at me and his eyes widen.

'Awww man.......'