Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Future Senshi ❯ Chapter 9: True Colors ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 9: True Colors


(Katsumi’s hide out same day Haruka was attack)


Katsumi sat on a bench staring at a painting Haruko was painting while Michiyo sat on the other side of her but her canvas was blank the paints and brushes hadn’t been touched. Haruko was painting a picture of Sailor Uranus. She picked up a brush and started to dip it into the yellow paint but Katsumi stopped her. “Are you sure you want to use yellow?” She asked.


“Sailor Uranus has blonde hair.” Haruko said looking up at Katsumi then back at the painting thinking of her papa.


“But it’s your painting you can give her whatever color hair you want.” Katsumi said taking Haruko’s hand and leading it towards the green paint. “Here I think you should use the green.”


“Papa’s hair is blond not green!” Michiyo said turning to Katsumi a very angry look on her face. There was something about this woman that she didn’t like and she felt something strange near her especially whenever Katsumi touched her. Like her mother Michiyo could sense things but it was still something new to her and she wasn’t always able to tell what it was.


“Yes this time’s Sailor Uranus has blond hair but the future Sailor Uranus might just have green hair.” Katsumi said with her and Haruko’s hand hovering over the jar of paint.


“Like me?” Haruko asked looking down at the jar of paint as Katsumi let go of her hand.


“Yes, just like you.” Katsumi said ruffling Haruko’s hair.


“Does that mean I could be Sailor Uranus someday?” Haruko asked. Michiru and Haruka had told their children quite a bit about the Senshi and both girls knew they would someday become Senshi but it wasn’t something they were supposed to talk about with others yet Haruko felt compelled to tell Katsumi.


“Maybe would you like to be Sailor Uranus?” Katsumi asked a smile on her face as she felt the charm around Haruko growing even stronger. Next to her she felt Michiyo shift on the bench seeming to move away from her.


Haruko nodded her head, “Oh yeah I’d love to be Sailor Uranus fighting to protect the Princess and the solar system. I wanna be just like my papa.”


“Maybe some day you will Ruko but maybe you’ll protect a queen instead of a princess.” Katsumi said twirling her fingers through the hair at the base of Haruko’s neck.


“Don’t call her that!” Michiyo said. “Only family can use that name!”


“She can call me it if she wants!” Haruko said standing and pushing Michiyo.


“What’s wrong with you? Can’t you feel it? She’s doing something to you! Making you think she is a good guy!” Michiyo said pushing back while at the same time continuing to move away from Katsumi.


“Girls calm down. Michiyo why don’t you paint something?” Katsumi said trying to distract them. She reached over and touched Michiyo lightly on the shoulder urging her back towards the canvas.


Michiyo jerk feeling some kind of energy rush through her, she picked up a jar of black paint and threw it on her canvas. “There!” She said then stormed off down the hall to the room Haruko and she were staying until since they first were kidnapped. Yes, kidnapped as much as Haruko was making this out to be they weren’t on vacation Katsumi was not there to be their friend she wanted something from the she just hadn’t figured out what yet.


Katsumi watched as Michiyo walked away she feared that this one had too much good in her and couldn’t be turned. One senshi was powerful alone but two would be better. “My queen,” Tetsuji said walking into the room.


“Do you have it?” Katsumi said looking up at him.


“Perhaps we should talk in the other room away from…” Tetsuji said pointing to Haruko.


Katsumi nodded and stood walking into the other room with Tetsuji. “Well?” She asked.


“Forgive me my queen; I did not retrieve the henshin stick.” Tetsuji said bowing.


“What?” Katsumi said holding her hand out touching Tetsuji on the chest her hand glowing red and burning Tetsuji. “You’ve failed me twice now.”


“M-My Queen th-there is m-more.” Tetsuji said looking down at her hand hissing at the pain, Katsumi relaxed her hand and Tetsuji fell to the ground a hand print burned through his shirt and a burn on his chest.


“Speak quickly and pray you can say something to appease me.” Katsumi said holding her hand before him it still glowing red.


Tetsuji knelt on the ground taking deep breaths. “The extra senshi at the zoo I know who they are.”


“Who?” Katsumi ordered.


“Uranus and Neptune,” Tetsuji said hoping this information would please his Queen.


“Idiot of course Uranus and Neptune were there they were the target!” Katsumi said reaching towards Tetsuji to burn him again.


“No my queen, that Uranus and Neptune!” Tetsuji said pointing to the room Haruko was in.


“Explain.” Katsumi said pulling her hand back but all it would take was a flick of her wrist to burn him again.


“When I attacked Uranus today I had her. I was inches away from bringing her to you when two Senshi appeared. When Uranus and Neptune appeared, the Uranus and Neptune from the future.” Tetsuji said his eyes glued to her hand.


“Are you sure?” Katsumi asked the glow on her hand dying down.


“I felt Neptune’s attack and Uranus’ blade.” Tetsuji said. “Neptune was in the stands when I left there was no way she could have made it to me in the time she was there and Uranus was lying on the ground unconscious. Their hair colors were reversed like the twins. My queen they had to be from the future it’s the only way.”


“Hmm perhaps was there anything else?” Katsumi asked dropping her hand to her side and walking away from Tetsuji wondering if she could use this to her advantage.


“I believe Uranus recognized me and I believe your charms on her are working. She could have easily killed me but she hesitated.” Tetsuji said remembering how he thought he was getting through to Neo Uranus.


“And Neptune?” Katsumi asked turning back around a smile on her face thinking she had proof that her charm was working on the older twin.


“I fear it has not.” Tetsuji said cringing that his Queen would take her anger on him.


“I’m beginning to think the same, bring me the files on the inner senshi. They may not be as powerful as Neptune but would still be better than only one.” Katsumi said as she turned and walked down the hallway to her throne room.


Michiyo stood in the hallway listening to the two of them talk. She saw Tetsuji come her way and ran down the hallway to Haruko. “Ruko we have to get out of here I knew she was bad!”


“Chiyo what are you talking about?” Haruko said not looking up from her painting she had just finished painting Sailor Uranus’ hair green and was starting on the sword in her hand. Instead of a curved blade Haruko had drawn a long broadsword.


“Katsumi I heard her and that man talking they are trying to kill mama and papa!” Michiyo said finally understanding the strange feelings she had been getting from Katsumi.


“Why would she do that?” Haruko said barely looking over her shoulder at Michiyo then back at the painting continuing to draw the sword.


“She wants their henshin sticks.” Michiyo said her eight year old mind piecing together what was going on. Both girls had always been quite bright and were at the head of their class the only student ahead of them was Urawa Kimiko who even though was a year younger then them had been skipped ahead a grade.


“Why she can’t use them only those of the blood of Uranus and Neptune can use them.” Haruko said remembering being told that the powers of a Senshi could only be used by people with the blood of the Planet in them. Neither Michiru nor Haruka were sure which child would inherit which henshin stick and Setsuna was being quiet on it saying something about the Laws of Time.


“That’s it that’s why she kidnapped us she’s trying to brainwash us into protecting her!” Michiyo said she knew without a doubt that every time Katsumi touched them she was putting a spell on them on.


“Stop talking nonsense.” Haruko said as she turned completely back to the painting her eyes glowing red though Michiyo couldn’t see it.


Michiyo threw her hands up in frustration then headed back to their room bumping into Tetsuji in the hallway. “So you figured it out have you? I had a feeling you would. It’s pointless to try to convince your sister she belongs to the queen now.” Tetsuji grabbed Michiyo by the collar and with one hand dragged her into the throne room with Katsumi in his other he held a folder.


“Tetsuji what are you doing let go of her.” Katsumi said standing up from her throne.


“She knows my queen.” Tetsuji said looking down at the child then back up at Katsumi.


“I heard everything mama and papa aren’t going to let you get away with this!” Michiyo said stomping down on Tetsuji’s foot getting him to let go of her. She ran down the hall towards the one place she hadn’t been yet. The hall was long and dark but at the end there were stairs. She climbed them and found herself in a courtyard looking around. She was on an island there on the shore were several boats. She quickly ran to one and pushed it off the shore dropping its sail. Thank the gods she knew how to sail it was something her mother enjoyed and the family often went sailing sometimes inviting the Inner Senshi. Judging by the size of the mainland she was quite far from it. She turned and looked back to see Tetsuji and Katsumi run out flanked by several other guards.


“Let her go. She’ll never make it back to the mainland in that storm.” Katsumi said pointing to the clouds above them. “She’s no use to me anyhow.” Katsumi turned and walked back down the stairs taking the folder from Tetsuji on her way. She made it back to the room and sat down at the table opening the folder. She flipped past several pictures a young infant with pink hair worn in buns labeled ‘Chiba Usagi’ another with a girl that had long brown haired pulled into a ponytail labeled ‘Furuhata Iyona’, a dark haired girl labeled ‘Kumada Reiko’. “Let’s see Chibi Moon is far too young, Jupiter too loyal like her mother, Mars fiery but doesn’t get along with Uranus. No children yet for Venus wait what is this?” Katsumi said turning the page to a young blue haired girl labeled ‘Urawa Kimiko’. “Mercury, daughter of Urawa Ami MD, child prodigy attends Juban Municipal Elementary School is close friends with Kaiou Haruko. Excellent Tetsuji forget any plans you have to attack Neptune and focus on kidnapping the young Mercury. I’m going to want Uranus and Mercury’s henshin sticks.”


“Yes my queen.” Tetsuji said.


(Time Gate 30th Century)


Pluto stood at the gate watching the scenes of this time everywhere she looked there was war, people fighting and people dying. From what she could gather the Queen had locked herself in Crystal Tokyo while her Senshi fought the forces of Queen Katsumi. Pluto was pulled away from the gate as a portal opened and two girls jumped through she raised her staff, they were Senshi. Mars and Mercury both looked like hell. Mercury leaned on Mars as they staggered forward. “Stand down Pluto it’s us” Mars said leaning Mercury against a wall. She glanced up at Pluto who still stood on guard not sure what to make of the two. “Who are you?” Mars asked sensing something odd from Pluto.


Mercury reached up touching her earring causing her computer to appear in front of her. Mercury coughed, “She’s Pluto but her energy signal is wrong. She’s Pluto but not our Pluto.”


Mars nodded, “Are you from the future or the past?”


Pluto stood quiet for a minute her future self hadn’t told her what to do if anyone came to the gate. “You’re past, what happened?”


Mars looked down at Mercury, “I have to get back will you be ok?”


Mercury nodded and the portal opened then closed after Mars jumped through it. “Uranus’ army is attacking the palace. The Princess ordered Mars to bring me here after I was injured.” Mercury said holding her side. Pluto knelt down next to Mercury as she transformed back into her civilian clothes. “There is a first aid kit in the pouch on my belt.”


Pluto nodded then took out several bandages a thread and a needle. “Ami what is happening? Uranus is attacking the palace?” Pluto asked looking at the girl thinking that Ami’s hair had grown quite a bit.


“I’m not Ami, my mother died many years ago. I’m Kimi.” Kimi said as she winced while Pluto began stitching up her side. She reached down into her pouch pulling out a small bottle and took a drink. “We have been fighting Uranus for centuries. She claims that Queen Katsumi is the rightful queen not Serenity.”


“Katsumi of the Golden Sun?” Pluto asked as she pulled another stitch seeing that whatever Kimi had drunk had lessened the pain some. “Haruko told me that was who killed Haruka and Michiru.”


“You never should have let them go to the past.” Kimi said having a strange memory of Haruko and Michiyo in the woods outside of the Crystal Palace using a Time Key to travel in time. It felt like it had been a dream but at the same time Kimi felt it was a memory.


“You knew?” Pluto asked wondering if Haruko and Kimi were as close as Haruko said and if Haruko had told her of her plans.


“Yes, I saw them use a Time Key. Or I think I saw them. I have memories of a life I never lived. A life where Haruko and I were…” Kimi said pausing, a blush coming to her face as she thought of several other strange memories where she and Haruko were being intimate.


“Lovers,” Pluto said finishing for her as she finished wrapping the wound with a bandage. “It part of the time paradox. Haruko and Michiyo saved their parents but their younger selves were kidnapped.”


“I know I remember that. Pluto we have to do something to stop this. Haruko is under Katsumi’s spell she will betray the Senshi and when she does Haruka, Michiru, Minako, Rei and my mom will die. When this happened there weren’t enough Senshi to stop her. Someone has to warn them.” Kimi said standing but she was a little unstable. “You have to send me back.”


“You are hurt.” Pluto said even though she helped Kimi stand up.


“In your time Saturn is still alive she can heal me.” Kimi said. “Please send me back I have to stop this I want to know the life I lived with Haruko a life without war.” Pluto nodded and opened the gate to past letting Kimi step through.


(Several hours after young Michiyo stole the boat)


Michiyo sat on the boat the sail wrapped around her to keep her warm she was soaking wet from the storm. The boat had been tossed all over the place she had dropped the sail and anchor but the winds and broke the rope on the anchor. She had no idea where she was and she was stuck the mast had broke as well in the storm. She was dead in the water floating hoping for a miracle. In front of her on the boat a bright light appeared causing Michiyo to squint her eyes when it faded Pluto stood on the bow of the boat. “Setsuna-mama!” Michiyo yelled and wrapped her arms around her waist. Pluto stood there for a minute holding the young girl a young girl that was nothing like the Michiyo she knew. The Michiyo of her time was a harsh battle worn woman not a loving child. “Setsuna-mama, can we go home?”


“Yes, Chiyo we can go home.” Pluto said least now Michiyo wouldn’t have to have memory of being stranded at sea for a week.


(Back at the Kaiou/Ten’ou Manor)


Haruka sat in a chair as Michiru dabbed at her forehead with a rag causing her to wince as Michiru touched the alcohol soaked rag to a cut on her forehead. “Hold still you big baby.” Michiru said.


“That hurts.” Haruka said in her fight with Tetsuji she hadn’t been injured badly just a few cuts and bruises.


“I can heal it for you papa.” Hotaru said standing behind Michiru helping her whenever she could.


“No Hime-chan your father can live with this it’s not that bad.” Michiru said dapping at the wound again.


“Another attack and still we are no closer to finding out where she took us.” Michiyo said from the couch. “Haruko do you have any idea what that guy was talking about when he said you knew?”


“Not a clue.” Haruko lied slowly memories were coming back to her. Memories that told her these people her family were not her allies. She had to get back to Queen Katsumi but she didn’t know where all she saw in her mind was an island.


“Mama, where is Setsuna-mama?” Hotaru asked, the Time Guardian had left several hours ago no really saying what was going on just that she had to go to the Time Gate.


“I don’t know she went to the Time Gate to check on it.” Michiru said remembering the worried look she had seen on Setsuna’s face when she left.


The room was engulfed in a bright light of a portal. They all thought it was Setsuna coming back but when the light was gone a teenage girl with long blue hair fell to the ground. Haruko stared at the girl for a second like everyone else then ran to her picking the girl up in her arms. “Kimiko!”


To be continued….