Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Happiness ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Happiness
By: Keiko Nakamoto
Disclaimer: I . Don't . Own . Sailormoon . Or much of anything for that matter. I have a cat. A cat.
Author notes: I only got a few reviews, but since I wrote the next part for Minako, I guess I might as well post it ne? Either way, here's chapter two for anyone who cares to read it.

~*~ Story Start ~*~

"Morning!" Taiki said as Yaten walked sleepily out of her room.

"Is it?" Yaten mumbled. Taiki sighed and turned back to his newspaper. Seiya was nowhere to be seen. "Where's Seiya?"

"Dunno." Taiki said. "He got up and left before I even woke up."

Just then there was a timid knock on the door. Yaten tried to pull herself together as she went to answer it. When she opened her eyes she saw two little girls. One, with short brown hair, she recognized to be Nabiki, the other, was Kasumi.

"Hello!" Yaten smiled at them.

"Hi!" Kasumi said, beaming. Nabiki waved shyly.

"Where's your mom?" Yaten asked, leaning down.

"Mommy's at the park!" Kasumi said. "I heard her tell Daddy that you guys lived in this building."

"Does she know you're here?" Taiki called. Nabiki shook her head.

"How did you know which room was ours?" Yaten asked. Nabiki pointed at the name plate.

"We looked at all the name plates 'till we saw 'Kou' or 'Hikari' then we knocked." Kasumi said. (note: the kanji for 'Kou' can also be read as 'Hikari')

"Well, I think that your Mommy and Daddy, might be worried about you." Yaten said. "How 'bout we go find them?"

"Kay!" Kasumi smiled. "If we can be with you!"

"Well, I need to put better clothes on quick. Come in?" Yaten said. The two girls walked in. "Taiki would you watch them a minute?"

"Sure." Taiki said, eye on the girls walking around the room. Yaten disappeared into her room for less than two minutes, then she was out, leading the girls out the door. After they went down the first set of stairs, Nabiki got tired, so Yaten picked up the small girl and carried her on one hip. Kasumi was hanging onto her free hand. When they were outside, Yaten noticed Nabiki's dress. It was cute, but was obviously not picked out by the girl's high class mother.

"Nabiki!" Yaten said. "I love your dress!"

Nabiki smiled softly.

"Ah picked it out muhself." She said quietly. Yaten smiled.

"Really?" she said. "It's very pretty!"

"And I did her hair!" Kasumi said quickly, pulling on Yaten's arm. Yaten smiled at her.

"Did you really?" she asked. "It looks wonderful! So do you!"

Kasumi beamed. Then they heard shouting.

"Nabiki!" a tearful female voice called. "Kasumi! Where are you!?!"

"Nabiki! Kasumi!" a man's voice yelled. "Where are you?!"

"Please! Nabiki! Kasumi!!" the woman cried.

"Rei!" Yaten called. "Rei! Yuuichirou! Nabiki and Kasumi are here!"

The raven haired woman spun around and saw Yaten. She saw her daughters and rushed forward, taking Nabiki from Yaten's arms, and kneeling down to hug Kasumi.

"How did you find them?" she asked, hugging the girls, Yuuichirou, holding Akane, behind her.

"They found me!" Yaten said. "They came and knocked on the door, looking for me! I figured you'd be worried, so I brought them here."

"Oh, thank you!" Rei said. Then she whispered to the girls. "Don't leave like that without asking Mommy or Daddy. Okay?"

"Kay..." Nabiki said quietly.

"Sorry Mommy." Kasumi added.

"Yeah, sorry..." Nabiki said. Rei stood up, carrying Nabiki and smiled at Yaten.

"I'm sorry if they were a problem..." she said. Yaten shook her head and smiled.

"No problem whatsoever." She said. "They were perfect angels."

"I'm glad." Rei said. She turned to the girls. "We should go home. We can visit Yaten some other time."

"Kay!" Kasumi smiled. She hugged Yaten's legs quickly. "Bye!"

"Buh-bye..." Nabiki waved. Yaten smiled at them.

"Bye!" she said. "I'll come see you sometime!"

"Thanks again." Rei said. Yaten nodded. Rei turned to leave, with Kasumi following.

"Call us, we'd love to have you and Seiya over sometime." Yuuichirou said before following his wife. Yaten smiled.

"Kay." She said. As soon as the man had left, she headed back to her apartment.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Find Rei?" Taiki asked when Yaten walked in.

"Yeah, she was really worried." Yaten shook her head. "Those girls! I still can't believe they came all the way to our apartment by themselves. I promised them I visit them though, so don't let me forget to call Rei sometime this week."

Taiki nodded, turning back to the newspaper. Yaten headed toward the couch. Just as she was about to sit, the doorbell rang. She growled and walked to the door. She opened it, slightly annoyed. There was no one there. She was about to slam the door, in hopes that whoever had rang the bell would hear it, when she looked down.

"Oh!" she exclaimed in surprise. There at her feet, lay six perfect red roses. She gently picked them up, looking for the tag. She found it and opened it.

"What's it say?" Taiki asked, as Yaten closed the door.

"It says..." Yaten opened the tag. "To Yaten, just wanted to let you know that you're beautiful and that...love...sweetest person...from Seiya..."

"Aw." Taiki rolled his eyes as Yaten went all 'sparkly'. "How cute."

"He sent me roses!" Yaten giggled. "Roses!"

"Yes. That's the typical romantic flower..." Taiki sighed.

"But...they're red roses!" Yaten grinned.

"Yes." Taiki rolled his eyes. "We've established that."

"No, no, no...don't you know what red roses stand for?" Yaten blinked. "They mean eternal love!"

She giggled. Taiki sighed again, and turned back to his newspaper.

"Uh-huh." He said. Yaten stuck her tongue out at him and sat down on the couch.

"Don't ruin my fun." She said.

"Fine, fine, forget I said anything." Taiki said, waving his hand.

"Gladly." Yaten said, happily gazing at the flowers. She heard Taiki mutter something but she didn't bother to find out what. She got up and after putting the roses in a pretty vase near her bed, settled down in front of the TV. After flipping through channels for awhile, she saw Seiya. She stopped at that channel.

"Really?" the reporter was saying. "What's her name?"

"Uh...well...see, her name is Yaten..." Seiya said nervously. The reporter blinked.

"Y-Yaten?" she stammered. Yaten grinned. This would be interesting. Taiki had come over to watch.

"So he got roped into a interview already..." he said. Yaten nodded. "Wonder what he'll say."

"Do you think he'll tell that I'm a girl?" Yaten asked.

"Most likely." Taiki said. "He's an awful liar."

"Is Yaten...a girl?" the reporter asked slowly. Seiya sweatdropped.

"Well..." he said. "...no..."

"Is the Yaten you mean a girl?"

"Well...sort of..."

"Are you and Yaten, as in Three Lights Yaten, a couple?"

"Uh, yeah..."

The reporter fainted. Seiya grinned. Yaten and Taiki both laughed.

"He's so cute." Yaten grinned as the show cut to commercial. Taiki smiled and walked back to the kitchen table.

"Tell me if they continue that." He called over his shoulder.

"Okay." Yaten replied. She shook her head. So cute.

End Chapter two

*grins* Seiya _is_ so cute isn't he. Well, I know this isn't the best, but hey. I try. Review please?