Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Haruka Tenoh to Michiru Kaioh ❯ Part II ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]




Part II



Part II

Michiru ate quietly under a tree while her friends looked out for Haruka. Their anxious eyes scanned every boy that passed by. They looked down with disappointment every time they realized it wasn't Haruka. Namie sighed and put her hands on her hips.

"He's late!" she said as she pouted.

"Namie-chan it's only been two minutes." Michiru said gently. Namie crossed her arms and glared at Michiru.

"Be quiet Michiru!" was all she could say.

"HE'S COMING!!!" Shizuka screamed. Michiru saw they were mistaken once again and she sighed as they stared at the approaching boy. Michiru felt something on her shoulder. She turned and saw Haruka smiling warmly.

"Kaioh-san." He said gently as he stared into her eyes.

"You found out my name…" she said.

"Of course…" he whispered.
Just then the girls turned around and gasped. They ran to him and they all started talking at once. He greeted each one as he looked at Michiru from the corner of his eye.
She turned her face to hide her red cheeks.

Shizuka smiled proudly as Haruka praised her mother's cooking.

"I can cook too, you know. I'll bring you something tomorrow." She said shyly. Haruka nodded and smiled. She blushed and her friends laughed, including Michiru. Haruka put more food into his mouth.

"So Haruka," Namie began, "Why did you move to Tokyo?"
Haruka swallowed and looked at Namie.

"I race cars and since most of my tournaments are here, I decided it would be easier to just move here instead of traveling back and forth from Kyoto all the time."
Hikaru gasped.

"That's right! My ex-boyfriend and I saw you racing once!"
They all stared at Hikaru.

"You went to a car race for a date!?!" Shizuka exclaimed.
Hikaru nodded.

"Kind of weird huh? He was obsessed with cars. I think he forgot he had a date with me that day and was going by himself because he bought my ticket when we got there."
She frowned as she remembered her ex.

"Did he win first place?" Namie said as she pointed at Haruka.

"I don't remember…" she blushed and her friends thought of what she might have been doing at the time. They snickered evilly. Haruka grinned.

"Anyway," she said as she covered her right cheek. "Are you racing any time soon?" she said turning to Haruka. He shook his head no.

"But you can come to see me practice whenever you like." Their eyes widened and they beamed.

"We don't want to cause you any inconvenience…" Michiru said seriously.
Haruka laughed.

"Not at all. I always enjoy good company..." He said softly.

Michiru's friends squealed with delight but she growled with disgust.

"I don't even want to know what that meant." She mumbled.
Haruka looked puzzled and Michiru stood up.

"I didn't mean it the way you're thinking. I was just joking." He said earnestly. Michiru huffed and was about to leave but Haruka grabbed her hand.

Her friends gasped. Michiru glared at Haruka and freed her hand from his grasp.

"Kaioh-san, please don't take things the wrong way. Besides, I already found someone I like, and I would never do anything…inappropriate with any of you."

"Even if we told you you could?" Namie asked. Hikaru, Shizuka and Haruka laughed but Michiru remained silent. She felt a small ache in her heart after hearing Haruka's words. She felt disgusted and quickly tried pushing it away.

"So who do you like?" Hikaru asked with a little disappointment. Shizuka and Namie leaned closer to hear the name of the lucky one that had caught Haruka's eye.

Haruka chuckled and shook his head no.

"It's a secret." He said coyly.

"Aw, come on!" Namie urged.
The bell rang and Haruka picked up his jacket and stood up.

"We'd better get going." He said quickly and walked away.

"Idiot." Michiru muttered as she stared at him. Haruka turned just then and winked.

She looked at her friends but they were busy cleaning up and thinking about what girl Haruka might have liked. She looked back at Haruka.

He was still standing there. He had one hand in his pocket while the other gripped the jacket resting on his shoulder. He was smiling at her.
And she knew.