Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting love ❯ Prelude: all I wanted was a family ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dear Journal,
 
 
My days are numbered; I seem to have come down with a terrible sickness that there is no cure for. People say it's tragic because I only thirty but that' not what bothers me. All I ever wanted my entire life was a family to call my own. When I built this house, I wanted to fill it with laughter and love. A wife and a child was all I ever ask for, but it would seem that I am asking too much. Everyday I get weaker and weaker. I can see all my dreams drifting further and further out of my grasp. I will never be able to have my family in this beautiful house. Every room was built for the family I dreamed of, but now I realize that they were just dreams. All I can do is hope that one day this house will be filled with the laughter and love I intended it for.
 
Darien Shields, July 7 1905
 
Darien closed his journal and sighed. He had nothing left. He had no family, do the house would be left to his most trusted friend Andrew. He looked outside at the gardens. He had wanted to see his children play in them while he and his wife watch them for near by. He had neater a wife or children. It was not fair. All his life he never had any type of family. His parents died when he was six and he had no brothers or sisters so he was left with his parent's fortune. Know he had no one to share it with.
 
Angry tears fell from his eyes as he crumbled over his desk. Nothing in this life was fair. He just wanted love, but maybe that was too much to ask for.
 
Two months later Lord Darien Shields died in his bed. The house was given to Andrew who soon sold it. Though out the years the House was sold and resold. No ever stayed long. Nor did they change anything in the house, like taking Darien's portraits of the wall. There were also many claims that there was a ghost in the house.
 
In 2003 the house came to a man named Robbie Tsukino. He was old and didn't stay at the house but he owned it. A year later he died and left the house to his niece Serena Tsukino and her adopted daughter Rini.