Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting love ❯ someone in the house ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Serena woke with a start; she looked over at the clock to see it was one in morning. Rini was knocked out beside her, still playing in her dreamland. She didn't know what had woken her up; it felt like something had kissed her. And now she had the strange sensation of being watched.
 
She looked around the room but no one was there. Serena made her way to the bathroom to wash her face. She still couldn't shake the feeling of someone watching her every move.
 
She looked out into the hallway. She looked down to her left then to the right and her heart jumped into her chest as the door to the study closed. And the light was peeking from under the door.
 
Her legs were glued to the spot and she didn't know what to do. It took her a few seconds but finally she went back onto the master bedroom and locked the door she called the police on her cell phone and told them there was an intruder in the house.
 
It took the police about an hour to get to the secluded spot. Two female officers stepped out of the car and called Serena back on her cell phone and instructed her to quickly come let them in.
 
Serena locked Rini in the master bedroom and almost ran down stairs to let the officers in.
 
“Hi, I am officer Raye and this Lita, we understand there was an intruder in your home.” Said the officer with long black hair, the other was a brunette.
 
“Yes someone is in the study upstairs I think they are still there.” Serena replied, still scared out of her mind. She took the two officers to the study and the searched the room.
 
And they found nothing.
 
“Are you sure you saw someone in here.” Ask Lita.
“Yes I am positive there was someone in here.”
“Well they are not anymore, could you descried them.”
“I only saw an out line.” Serena said as they walked out the study Serena turned off the light and looked the door behind them.
“Well you are out here by yourself with just your daughter and maybe you got a little spooked” said Raye. They continued to walk down the hallway and Serena looked back at the Study, and stopped in her tracks.
“Are you alright” asked Lita and she in Raye turned to look at what Serena was seeing. They both froze too.
 
The light to the study was back on and someone walked across the door.