Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting love ❯ Hello ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Raye took out her gun and kicked the door the door open. No one was there. They searched the room again but nothing had changed expect for the light was back on.
 
“The intruder must have left, why don't me and Lita stay a few nights and see if he comes back.” Said Raye, a scared look on her face.
“Okay” replied Serena.
 
A few nights passed and with no sign of the intruder they gave up the search. Raye and Lita left and gave Serena a private number and case he came back. Serena felt better with no sign of the intruder so she assured them she would be okay but still took the number.
 
A day later after taking Rini to school, Serena decided to explore the study. She was looking in the desk and spotted a journal with the name Darien shields within on the cover. She recognized the name as that of the original owner of the house. She read the last entry and it made her cry.
 
He had been alone. He never had a family, the poor thing. She dried her eyes and turned to the beginning of the journal and read the entire thing.
 
 
 
He had built the house in 1905, intending to raise a family in it. When he tried to find a wife all of them were selfish gold diggers only wanting him for his body and looks. He had wanted a kind, sweet, and beautiful wife he could love.
 
Several years after living alone in the house he built he came down with a mysterious sickness. There was no cure at the time. For several months he was in agonizing pain and rarely found monuments of relief.
 
Serena wished she could have met him, and given him the family he always wanted or at least a hug. She dried her eyes again and went to pick up Rini from school.
 
Later that night Serena woke up and went down stairs to get a glass of water. On her way back up she saw light coming for the sitting room and went to investigate. What she saw scared and amazed her.
 
The fireplace was lit and roaring. Sitting in the armchair across from it was a man. Not just any man but he man from all the portraits all over the house, it was him the original owner of the house. Or at least a ghost of him.
 
He was sitting staring into the fire with a glass of wine in his hand, swirling it around before taking a sip.
Serena dropped her glass alerted the figure of her presence. His head turned towards her and he smiled. She was glued to the spot and the he spoke.
 
“Well hello my darling, come to join me.”
 
 
She was frozen. Was she dreaming? That was the only logical explanation. Or there was a weird freak in her home. But that theory was blown out of the water when the glass she had dropped and broken picked itself up and disappeared.
 
“Are you alright love?” came is deep, smooth voice.
 
Was he talking to her? She heard words but her brain was not functioning. Her fear prevented her from moving of thinking. Her mind had gone completely blank and even if she wanted to run, her legs were numb.
 
With no answer from her he stood up and began towards her. That got a reaction Serena did the first thing that popped into her mind; she ran. All the way back up to the master bedroom and into bed intent on believing that she was having a very strange dream. When she peaked from the covers he was right there sitting on the edge of the bed leaning over her, his face close to hers.
 
She began to scream but he covered her mouth.
 
“Shh, you'll wake Rini. Now darling tell me what is wrong you're acting strange?” he said removing his hand from her mouth and placing it on her forehead.
 
“Darling?” Serena repeated in a whisper confused.
“Yes?” he answered.
“No I mean why are you calling me darling?”
“Don't I always love, you should sleep, you must not be feeling well.”
 
Serena thought she must have been dreaming now. She had spent too much time reading that journal and now she was dreaming of him. She pinched her self, but didn't wake up. And while this seemed like some very strange dream she couldn't get out of some one beside her was waking from there dream world.
 
Rini heard voices; her mother's and a man's. She woke up facing the portrait and her eyes widened. The portrait was no different from before except that it was missing the main part; Darien.
 
“Oh dear we have awakened her.” She heard a deep voice say and turned towards it. And there he was the man from the portrait leaning over her mother.