Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting love ❯ Warnings ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Serena approached the living room to find Rini already sitting on Darien's lap as he pet her hair. It finally dawned on her what piece Rini played in his mind; he must think she is their daughter.
 
Even with the overwhelming compulsion she felt to stay in this house, Serena still felt conflicted about what would happen. Should she even allow this to go on after all he was some kind of spirit remaining in the house and somehow she felt that the living ant the dead should not be interacting. And what if she let Darien become the missing part of their family, it could only be for a short time. After all they would grow old, die, and their spirits would move on. It would only hurt her and Rini if she let them become attached. She should end this thing and leave the house before it went too far but she did not want to.
 
“Darling are you going to come sit with us or stare at me all evening?” Darien's deep voice broke her train of though and caused her to blush deep.
 
Very slowly she went to sit with him and he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek. Serena could not help but to decide that maybe it would be okay to stay with him for a little while.
 
So a very strange little family sat by the fire while Darien pet Rini's hair and Serena's neck. And then something happened. It was small and both Rini and Serena failed to notice. Darien placed on Serena's neck and Rini's forehead a small black mark. It stayed there for a second the seemed to be absorbed into their skin. His eyes glinted forebodingly and he smiled.
 
 
 
 
Weeks passed by and Serena became more comfortable with Darien. Several times he had made it quite clear that she was his `wife' and Rini his `daughter'. And they were both coming to accept it. She had even her Rini call him papa, which worried her because it seemed so right. In fact it all seemed to `right' but as time passed the more and more she ignored her conflicted emotions but they still remained in the back of her head until and certain incident brought them back to the fore front of her mind.
 
She had one day decide that she needed a social life with LIVING people her age because she had spent most of her time talking to a 7 year old or a ghost. She ran in to the two officers Lita and Rei and well they got to talking and began to hang out. Through them she met Mina.
 
Mina was strange. A firm believer in the supernatural and somewhat of a psychic (she had the whole I will reconnect you with you dead loved ones thing going for her). When Lita and Rei told her about Mina she had been rather curios to meet her but that may not have been the best idea for the sake of her sanity.
 
They were all going to meet Mina at the local café around lunch. She had already dropped of Rini off at school that day and would have plenty of time before she had go pick her. She did not tell Darien that she would be staying out with her friends. He acted rather strangely anytime they had to leave the house. As if he was angry that they dared leave but he never said anything about so she assumed it was her imagination.
 
Mina was nice but stared at her strangely the entire time. Anytime she was caught she would quickly look away. And when she told her where she lived it only increased the strange looks. A beeping noise caught all of there attention as Rei cell phone went of. She spoke with some one on the phone briefly before hanging up.
 
“Oh shoot sorry guys me and Lita have to split duty calls, but you guys should hand out more and get to know each other.” She said while her and Lita gathered there things than left.
 
It was quiet for a moment before Mina spoke.
 
“Not to be weird or anything but there are a lot of rumors about that house you're living in.”
“Really what kind.”
 
“That it's haunted”
 
“Yea….that's silly.”
 
“Look Serena I am just going to say this it's going to sound weird and creepy but you have to believe me. I sense a very ominous presence around you. I do not know who or what it is but its intention toward you is not good.”
 
Serena was defiantly creep out she gathered up her things to leave part of her refusing to believe that Darien could be some evil deadly phantom.
 
“Wait Serena I only want to help you please listen.”
 
“Look I don't know what you're talking about or why but you sound kind of crazy. I have too go I need to get my daughter from school.” And with that Serena quickly escapes the café and the warning bells going off in her head.