Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Into the Darkness ❯ Into the Darkness ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ok new chapter, I know I have several stories out there waiting for me to write, but this idea popped into my head at work and I just had to attempt it. Hope you like it, and I have little idea where this is going, so input is welcome. Thank You to Zpan Sven who is my proofreader.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Into the Darkness

Chapter 1.

The rain kept on falling, never seeming to end. She walked on for hours? days? Who new? All she new was that she felt numb on the inside, her wary legs kept on walking in no particular direction. How could her most trusted adviser do this to her? How could her so-called one and only love do this to her? Of course she had loved others, but she had never betrayed the trust Mamoru had in her. She had stayed pure for him, never letting the deep friendship turn into love as a man loves a women (sorry just had to put that in).

Yet here was Mamoru having sex with Trista, and who knows whom else. I had trusted Trista so completely I missed all the looks they gave each other. When we were fighting with the Black Moon Family, Trista would look at Mamoru with what I thought was respect and loyalty. But I guess that I was being naive. Because they exchanged those looks more and more often. And then there is the case with Chibi-Usa, she shares my hairstyle and the crestant moon mark but that is where the similarities end. Her personality matches Mamoru, and her eyes and facial features match Trista.

Tears course down my face as I finally see the truth; Chibi-Usa is the child of Mamoru and Trista, not Mamoru and me. And yet another blow to my heart was added, when we first met the outer Senshi they thought me as a weak enemy, and as time went by they confronted Mamoru not me to voice their objectives. They see Mamoru as their prince someone they can fallow and not me their princess who they sworn loyalty to. They have shown more loyalty to Mamoru then to herself. That was one reason why she could not confront Mamoru about his relationship with Trista, the outers would support him.

The inners were another matter all together. She new she could not trust Rei because Rei always supported Mamoru. In all the time that she had known Rei there was only two times that Rei ever offered her support, and even then there was an insult added to the comfort. The others Ami, Miniko, and Makoto it was hard to say. Would they stand with her agenst Rei, Mamoru, and the outers?

She was so confused, what should she do? Their were so many pieces of her heart that were lost could she ever put her shattered heart back together? On and on she walked and the rain never stopped.

It was a while later, when her legs felt like jelly from walking so far. She heard faint mewing, going to check it out Usagi came across a cat whose foot was caught in a trap. The light lavender cat looked to be in great pain, the cat looked at Usagi wide intelligent eyes silently asking for help, but at the same time not trusting her to help. Usagi bent down and inspected the trap and after a moment was able to free the cat. It mewed and tried to limp away but because of its injury couldn't go far, it soon slump to the ground in a large puddle.

Usagi once again bent down and scooped up the cat. This time Usagi didn't let go, she walked over to a covered area to inspect the little cat's injuries better. She saw the cat had a pretty nasty cut on her front right paw. Usagi looked at herself looking for something to tend to the cats injury with, eyeing her bow she took it off. She tore the blue bow into ribbons and began to rap it around the cat's paw, then up its leg to give it a little more support. When she was finished she set the cat on the ground, it tried to take a few steps but still it collapse. Seeing how the cat was in no shape to walk, Usagi picked it up and once again began her mindless walk to oblivion.

The cat looked at Usagi, `I can see the sadness in her eyes. Why did she help me not once but twice? She has honor, though she looks so sad Shampoo will find out why blond girl is so sad.' Thought Shampoo. Shampoo then knowtest that they were going the wrong way, if she couldn't communicate to her blond savior soon they would be far from her Nerma home. She began to wiggle and mew trying to move the blond stranger into the right direction.

"Hey little kitty don't move so much I might drop you" said a struggling Usagi. But the cat kept on struggling as if it were trying to tell her something. Usagi looked down at the cat's intelligent eyes and had a sudden idea, her mother queen Serenity was known to give intelligent animals the gift of speech just look at Luna and Atriums. She decided to do the same with this cat if only just temporary.

Usagi looked straight into the cat's eyes and with two fingers pressed them to the cat's forehead. She then whispered in a long forgotten language and after a few moments a light flashed and a dim outline of a golden upturned crescent moon appeared on the cat's forehead. Usagi's own crescent moon mark appeared and they both shinned insinc with each other.

Shampoo felt weird for a moment, a strange energy warmed her forehead, and then it was gone. "What happened?" she asked herself.

"I gave you the gift of speech, it's only temporary a few days maybe, but long enough to tell me where your home is" said Usagi.

"Why do you help Shampoo?" said the cat.

"Shampoo is that your name? Why did I help you? I helped you because I could not just turn around and walk away"

"Why not? most people would walk away" said the purple cat.

"I looked into your eyes and could not walk away. It was automatic you might say, you needed help I helped you" said Usagi.

"That is three times you have helped me, one was when you freed me from that trap. Two was when you bandaged my injury, and three was just now when you freed up my tongue while in cat form."

"Cat form? Do you have other forms? Are you a shape shifter?"

"Yes I do have one other form, but that will have to wait my great-grandmother will be worried about me can you take me home and I will explain to you?" asked the cat. While silently thinking to herself `blond girl is so nice, it will be good to have a friend again. That moon symbol is familiar maybe great-grandmother will know about it'.

"Alright just give me directions and we'll head to your home". So the strange duo headed words the `Cat café' in Nerma, nether knowing what lay before them but both silently hopeful for a new friend.

It was some time later, maybe half an hour, when they found themselves in front of a wooden building. The sign read `Cat Café'. Usagi sighed then walked in some how knowing she was walking into a new life. On the inside of the two-story building the ground floor was, of course the restrant and the second story was the living quarters. It was simple in design but it added to its uniqueness.

In response to the doorbell an old short women came out to greet her customers.

"Welcome to the Cat Café, how can I help you?" asked the old lady.

"I found this cat outside in the rain a few miles back and brought it to it's home", stated Usagi.

"How do you know it's mine?" asked the women.

"Because I told her so great-grandmother," stated the cat. The old women looked at them both for a moment then said one word "Princess".