Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Iyari's Story ❯ Starius' Rejoice and Sacrifice ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Aphrodite leaned softly against her father's chest, hearing the comfort of his gentle voice.

"She is always in your heart Aphrodite, she will be in the spirit of the young children you will soon bear." Starius told the weeping girl, wiping her sparkling tears away with his thumb.

"I am always here for you, even after I am long gone." Aphrodite looked at him with angry tears, stamping her foot.

"I don't want you die! Never, never, never!" She screamed, running back towards her chambers and throwing herself down. She hit the bed with a light thump, ignoring the now searing pain in her stomach.

"Aphrodite, don't make things harder for me. I loved your mother too." Starius told her, caressing her dark black hair and saw the blood seeping onto the sheets.

"Oh dear lord." Starius whispered in disbelief and turned Aphrodite onto her back.

"Aphrodite, you're bleeding. We need to deliver these babies now. If you feel like pushing then push." Starius told her calmly, holding her hand tight in his.

Aphrodite stared at her brave father and smiled her bewitching smile.

He let out a heavy breath of relief and told her to push hard. Aphrodite cried out in agony and pushed as hard as she could, her small face going red.

Minutes later, loud cries were heard as she laid back panting. She felt so weak she could barely lift her arms.

"Two girls Aphrodite. Both of them are perfect." Starius carefully cleaned them with a clear sheet.

Aphrodite spoke quietly in a faint voice as she named them.

"India-Rose …. Emily-Beth."

Aphrodite closed her eyes, the darkness drawing her in like a moth to a flame.

"Aphrodite! Don't die on me! Star Crystal Power! I will do anything, just save my daughter!" Starius shouted, holding out his necklace.

"Even death?" A silvery voice whispered, a shadow of a lady standing before him.

"Are you willing to live a half-life? To risk your immortality to save your daughter who has done her duty? Well, are you?" The voice demanded in a rage.

"Yes." Starius spoke in a voice not his own. "Take my immortality." Harsh black light covered him, his cries of agony heard to bear as Aphrodite slowly awoke.

"Daddy?" Starius laid on all fours, resting heavily on his hands as he panted.

His body felt drained, half empty as Aphrodite rested a hand on his shoulder.

"You go rest, daddy. It's been a long day."

Starius bowed his head humbly and dragged himself step by step to bed. His last thoughts were of Iyari and the three girls, their happy faces beckoning to sleep.

Iyari sat outside in the gardens, watching. She felt more alive with the boost of immortality, her skin forever a golden glow.

"I will come back one day to reclaim you Starius." She whispered with closed eyes, tears falling onto the empty ground as she disappeared.

"Remember me, my daughters."

Aphrodite shivered in the new wind, hearing the faint voice of her mother and smiled softly. She returned her eyes back to the letter she had just received.

"King Artemis and Princess Matitia formally invite you and your partner to the christening of
Selenity, Jessica and Alyssa on

28th June.
At
The Moon Palace.

R.V.S.P"

Dropping the invitation on her bed, she called for Magicia.

"Magicia! Can you sort out a night bag for my daughters and me? We're going to visit Matitia!" Aphrodite told the small purple haired woman. Magicia looked up at her best friend, the gold star fluttering on her forehead in the light. Her light purple dress rustled as she went to the cupboard and pulled out the bags.


Magicia put them on the floor beside the bed and looked at Aphrodite.

"Everything's packed already Aphrodite. Your father told me yesterday you was going when he got the invite."

Aphrodite nodded and hugged the young girl.

"Come with me Magicia."