Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel Senshi Saga ❯ Dark Amber - Part 2 ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Author's note:
This part takes place shortly after the end of SM R.

Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon
Jewel Senshi
By Sakura
Part Twelve: Dark Amber - Part 2

"Happy Birthday, Bright Eyes," he said handing her a small box.
She unwrapped the box. Inside was a star shaped pendant on a black choker. The pendant was made of silver and the points had moonstones set into them with a smaller moonstone in the center.
"Oh Neffy, it's simply gorgeous!" she kissed her boyfriend letting the pendant drop. Opal picked it up and passed it around so the others could see it.
"Wow Naru-chan. You're sooo lucky! Mamo-chan hasn't even given me jewelry yet," said Usagi wishing HER boyfriend would give her something like it. A huge sweatdrop appeared above Mamoru's head. <Even a rhinestone barette would be nice.> she thought as she passed it to Deana.
"It's to die for!" she said.
When they finished admiring the pendant, Mara handed it back to Naru, who'd just broke from her kiss. "My princess, allow me." said Nephrite taking the pendant from her and put it around her neck. She blushed as the others watched.
They were at Nephrite's celebrating Naru's 17th birthday. Both groups of senshi were there. She was very glad Usagi and the others had come home safely from the future.
Usagi told her and the other Jewel Senshi everything that had happened to them. Everything from what Crystal Tokyo looked like to the defeat of the Wiseman. Everyone's head, especially hers was spinning from all the information Usagi had poured out.
"Why can't you buy me things like that?" whispered Zoisite to Kunzite.
<Uh oh. I'm in real trouble now. Better think of something fast!> thought Kunz. "Well, maybe I will, if you don't use all our money on anime," he said.
"C'mon Kunzy. You know I can't help myself. Besides I've got to have something to keep me busy while you're working."
"It's really beautiful. Did you make it Nephrite?" asked Opal attempting to draw attention away from the two.
"Yes I did. I wanted to give her something special for her birthday."
"It's really good work. You ought to make some more stuff and sell it," said Mara. "Thank you," he said blushing. "But I'm not that good."
"Come on Neffy. You're one of the best. No one in the Dark Kingdom could have made better jewerly," said Zoey.
"He's got a point Neph. What about those stones on own uniforms you made for us? Who else could make stones that don't take damage in battle?" said Jadeite.
"Minna, I hate to be an old stick-in-the-mud, but it is getting late and most of you have school tomorrow," said Luna.
"Aww Luna! It's Naru's birthday for cryin' out loud!" whined Usagi and De.
"She's right Usagi, Deana. School starts tomorrow and we have to get up early," said Ami.
"You don't want your teachers to think you're a bad student, do you Odango Atama?" said Mamoru.
"Well, all right. I'll go home. See you guys tomorrow. C'mon Luna," said Usagi a she left with Luna and Mamoru.
The others left as well after saying their goodbye's and congratulating Naru. Only Neffy and Naru remained.
"Naru, there's something about that pendant you should know. I wanted to tell you when we were alone so I waited for them to leave."
"What about the pendant?" she asked losing herself in his ice blue eyes.
"Remember when I said I wanted to give you something special for today?" She nodded. "I made that pendant so I could protect you when I can't be with you. I know you can protect yourself now, but I don't want to lose you." She hugged him unable to say anything.
"Those moonstones are from what's left of the Moon Palace. They have the power to protect you from evil."
"Oh Neffy! Thank you so much! I'll never take it off!" She kissed him again. When they broke for air, he went on to explain about the pendant's other powers. "I added a little something else to it. Whenever you need me, just tell the pendant and I'll come as soon as I can."
"You mean, it's like a beeper?"
"It's more like your communicators, only one way. Since I can use the power of the stars, I made it into a star shape so I'd be able to hear you." He held her close and kissed her. "Happy Birthday, love."
After a few minutes of kissing, Naru asked, "Aren't you going to offer to take me home like you always do?"
"Do you want to go home, beloved."
"Well, not really, I was just wondering why you hadn't ask me yet." she said blushing.
"I know you always tell your mother you're staying with one the girls whenever you and I spend most of the night here." She blushed even more. "So why should I bother ask to take you home when I know you want to be with me, Naru."
"You know I told mom I was staying at Usagi's?"
"Yes."
"I'm sorry Neffy. I don't mean to lie to her. I'm still too young to stay here I know, but I love you so much." She hugged him sobbing.
"I know. I don't particularly like lying either, but if it's the only way I can spend a night with you, then so be it."
"Well, at least we won't have to wait long. Next year I'll be old enough to do what I want without Mama worrying about me." She yawned and he gently picked her up. She didn't protest this time. He wouldn't let her. He kissed her just as she opened her mouth. He carried her up the stairs to her room where he'd put her things.

Sapphire was on the balcony of his apartment above an empty store in the Shinjuiku district. He had gotten the idea for a store from the Ayakashi sisters. He had seen them at their cosmetics store while walking the streets looking for Naru.
Seeing how dozens of young girls flocked to the store, he thought he'd give the idea a try. Though he'd use a different kind of store. (He knew nothing about beauty products, that was the Sisters' area.) He had decided on a combination record and anime store.
<That should draw her out of the open.> he thought looking up at the sky. He looked at the moon briefly then turned toward where he hoped Jupiter was. <If I remember what I learned of her, Queen Naru was a big music freak in her youth. Plus she was interested in anime like most kids her age.>
"Naru, my love, you will be mine or no one's." he said with great deterMinakotion. He pulled out a black crystal shard and looked at it for a few moments.
"Kurozuishou! I command you to show me the whereabouts of Queen Naru of Jupiter!"
The crystal flew out of his hand. It spun around creating a funnel of dark light. As it spun, an image of Naru and Neffy appeared. He frowned at it. <Even in this time, I have to deal with him!> Then the image of Neffy's mansion appeared. He noted the house's location then stored it in his mind for later use.
What he wanted was to lure her to him alone. He would deal with her future husband later. Naru was his top priority now. Now that he knew where she was most likely to spend most of her time, he turned to the next phase of his plan.
"Kurozuishou! I command you to create a record/anime store in the one below us. I want only the most popular anime merchandise from here and America as well as the most popular music."
<As you wish, my lord prince.> said the crystal. It vanished only to reappear in the store below them. It continued to spin and the black light filled the store. Within hours, the crystal had created a store exactly as Sapphire had wanted. Having completed its task, the crystal went back into its 'pocket.'
Sapphire went to bed since he had to 'open his store' in the morning.

Naru was walking with Usagi, Ariel (who had Salem dozing on her shoulder) and Deana. The girls had changed from their school uniforms to their regular clothes.
Naru was wearing a green dress with a copper shirt and her pendant. Usagi had on a pink sweater and a light blue miniskirt. Ariel wore the magenta dress she bought when Ann showed up. De was wearing a pale blue tunic with matching skirt. She had white ribbons braided in her ponytails.
The girls had decided to spend the afternoon shopping in the Shinjuku part of Tokyo. They had asked the others to come along, but they had things to do.
Rei said she had to help Jadeite at the temple. Ami had to study. Makoto was still going after Andrew ;). Minako was spending some family time with Kunzite. Mara was working on a T-shirt business idea. Opal had to practice on her violin, so it was just the four of them.
"Oh wow! 50 flavors of ice-cream!" said Usagi drooling as they passed by an ice cream parlor. "Let's go in guys!"
"Gee, I don't know Usagi-chan. I mean, we've already had a candy apple each." said Naru.
"Besides I have to keep my girlish figure." giggled Ariel.
"Oh come on you guys! You're not being fair! WAAAAAH! I'm still hungry! WAAAAAH!"
"Hey Usagi, how about if I go with you?" said De. "I could use some ice-cream too."
Sweatdrops appeared on Naru and Ariel's heads. "Thanx De! I knew you'd understand how I feel!" said Usagi and pulled her 'cousin' into the ice-cream parlor.
"You guys go on ahead. We'll catch up somehow!" called De.
"Well, I guess it's you and me kid." said Ariel winking.
"Yeah without those two, we can get something for our boyfriends," Naru said.
"Yeah, Usagi and De are murder on our allowances."
The girls walked down the street for a bit before sighting a few stores that looked promising. "I'm going in this one," said Ariel pointing to a lingerie store.
"But I thought you wanted to get Alan a present," said Naru.
"Oh I am. Don't worry," she winked and headed for the store. "I'll call you on the communicator when I'm done. You go and get Neph-kun something."
Naru waved goodbye to her friend. <Hmph. Venusians.> she thought. <She's right though. I've gotta get Neffy a present. He's already given me a ring and now this.> She fingered the hoshizuishou (star crystal) around her neck. "It's only fair I give him something in return."
She looked at various stores but couldn't think of what he would like. She passed a store that sold telescopes, but they were way beyond her allowance's reach. After searching for what felt like an eternity, she was about to give up. Then she noticed a crowd by a new store.
"What's goin' on?" she managed to push her way through the crowd and saw the sign.
'Grand Opening!'
'Everything in the store 75% off!'
<A record and anime store?! That's it! I'll get Neffy a new CD!> "Oh no, I don't know what he likes." A sweatdrop appeared over her head and she bowed her head.
"Why not get him something you like Naru?" said a voice behind her. She spun around only to see a silvery-white cat.
"Chang! What're you doin' here? You nearly gave me a heart attack!" she said picking up the cat. He leapt from her arms onto her shoulder.
"Sorry Naru, I was just checking out the city. I'm glad you're here. I was getting kind of lonely. Where're the others, by the way?"
"Oh, you know they're off doing their thing. De's at an ice-cream parlor with Usagi, and Ariel's-"
"That's nothing new," said the cat interrupting her.
"I know Those two are so much alike, that they're practically twins. Anyway Ariel's, um, getting Alan a present." Her SD Mercury pin beeped. "Speakin' of the devil. Hey Ariel! What's up?"
"Salem. He was being a weisenheimer, so I sent him to look for you. Hope you don't mind."
"Nah. I like cats even smart alecky ones."
"That's good to hear," said a black cat approaching her.
"I guess Salem just showed up," said Ariel.
"Yeah. Did you get your, um, present?" asked Naru.
"No. I just can't decide. I'm gonna be a long time so if you're done before me, you guys can go on home. I'll see you later."
"All right Ariel. See ya later." Both girls signed off and Naru turned to Salem. "All right mister. What did you do that was so bad, Ariel had to send you to me?"
"Nothing. All I did was try to help her make up her mind."
"Right," said Naru. "Um you guys better stay out here I don't think this place allows 'pets.'" Chang-O jumped down off her shoulder and started to walk off with Salem.
"Hey where're you goin'?" she asked.
"Um, to find a place that sells catnip," said Salem.
"Oh right. Just don't go too far. And don't go crazy on that stuff."
"Who me?" said the black cat as innocently as he could.
Naru groaned then went into the store to find a present for her boyfriend.

Inside, the store was mobbed. Kids were everywhere, but SHE hadn't come. The store's owner was getting impatient. <I know it's the first day, but she must have heard of this place by now.> Sapphire thought as he sold yet another anime. <At least I'll be getting plenty of energy to take over this part of Crystal Tokyo.>
He had planned to use his merchandise to drain his customers' energy when they watched the videos or listened to the CD's. He was about to give up for the day when the door chimes announced another customer. Not bothering to look up he went back to the cash register.

Naru looked at the CD's trying to think of what to get her boyfriend. <What would Neffy like? I know he wouldn't like Enka (Japanese equivalent of Country). No one in their right mind would.> She glanced over the various CD's and saw several she'd been trying to get for herself, but none she'd be sure about for Neffy.
"Gee, there's so many, I can't decide what to get him," she said pausing at a rack.

"Gee, there's so many, I can't decide what to get him," said a girl with a familiar accent to her voice.
Sapphire looked up from his 'work' and saw, <NARU! She's here!> he couldn't believe his luck. His plan had worked; he had her in his store, ALONE. He walked up to her trying his best to keep himself from grabbing her outright.
"Can I help you miss?" he said.
"No. Thank you. I'm just trying to decide what to get my boyfriend," she said. A dagger went through his heart when she said this.
<Damn him!> he thought. "Well, maybe some Celine Dion then. She seems to be popular with couples these days," he suggested.
"I don't know. I was thinking of something less popular something special."
"Well, there's always The Moody Blues or perhaps this one," he said handing her a CD of The Police's 'Syncronicity' album. "There's a lot of great songs on this one. Why not buy it. If he doesn't like it, he can come back and exchange it."
"I guess, I can give it a try. It's the thought that counts right?"
"Absolutely. Why not let me hold that for you while you look around some more. Everything's 75% off today."
"Sure, I've been meaning to get my brother some decent anime."
"I'll be up front if you need anything. I'm Daniel, by the way." He took the CD and walked back to the cash register.
Naru went to the anime section and searched through the various merchandise. She giggled at the Sailor Moon and Sailor V products. But when she saw they had the X movie, her eyes lit up. She'd been waiting for that for months! She quickly grabbed the last copy and returned to the front of the store.

He watched her as she went to his anime section. He heard her giggle and smiled. <She must be enjoying herself in there.> he thought as he prepared Naru's CD. He pulled out the kurozuishou and a beam of light shot from it to the CD. It glowed for a second, then faded. He put away the crystal and smiled an evil smile. <Now, Naru, my love, I'll be able to find you anywhere you go as long as you carry this disk.>
After a few minutes, he saw Naru return with a movie. "I see you've found something," he said taking the movie from her.
"I sure did. I've been waiting for that to come out for months."
"It sure is a popular item. In fact it's my most popular one. I must have sold almost every copy I have."
"Well, I guess you just ran out. That's the last one."
"Too bad. I would've liked to keep a copy for myself. Well, maybe next time, ne? Listen, I wasn't going to tell anyone this, but I've got some brand new stuff upstairs that no one else has. Since you seem like a nice girl, how about if I invite you to a private showing?"
"I don't know. I have a boyfriend and I don't think he'd like it if I went on a date with someone else."
"The jealous type is he?"
"Not really, he just worries a lot."
He handed her the package when she finished paying for her presents. She looked at him. He had short dark blue hair. So dark it could pass for black. And had eyes to match. <Too bad I've got Neffy. This guy's cute.>
He looked at her. She had the same fiery red hair and sea-green eyes that sparkled when the light hit them. He stared into her eyes. His black moon mark appeared and changed into a third eye. Naru felt her mind being frozen and her eyes changed to a darker shade of green-blue. She couldn't bring herself to look away from him. She began to feel a strange desire for him; she wanted to go with him, be with him.
"Forget about him. Come with me," he said. She wanted to, but couldn't something was stopping her. She felt a warmth at her throat as the hoshizuishou began to glow. The glow struck him in his eyes and forced him to look away. Free of Sapphire's spell, Naru picked up her package and started to leave.
"Sorry, I've gotta go now."
"Well, think about it. You can come tomorrow if you like, say seven-thirty." He smiled, for he knew his spell had taken hold of her. Maybe not completely, but it was there, in the back of her mind. Next time he'd be prepared. Next time she'd be his completely. He smiled as he waited for closing time.

Naru didn't call Ariel or the others like she planned. Instead she went straight home, in a slight daze. Sapphire's spell had done something to her. She could no longer keep her thoughts straight. She had planned to call her friends and tell them she'd be going to Nephrite's after she wrapped his present, but now the strange young man she met at the record/anime store kept interrupting her thoughts. She kept thinking of him and his offer to show her some new anime. The more she thought about him the more she began to burn with the desire she felt earlier.
When she got home, she fixed herself dinner without even bothering to check on her mother. After dinner, she took out the CD and wrapped it. Why? She'd even forgotten even why she'd bought it in the first place. Sapphire was all she could think about now.
"ITAI!! Something's burnin' me!" she cried looking down to see her pendant glowing again. She quickly tore it from her neck, breaking the chain. Once off, the burning sensation stopped. She put it on her nightstand failing to notice the shine of the stones and silver slowly fading.

Sapphire had finally closed the store and returned to his upstairs apartment to relax and wait. He knew it was a matter of time before his spell had taken over Naru's mind completely. He could feel it growing stronger by the hour.
He took out his black crystal shard and commanded it to show him Naru. An image of her sleeping on her bed, still wearing her dress appeared above the spinning crystal. On her nightstand he noticed the pendant she was wearing earlier. The one thing that prevented the spell from taking full effect. He smiled when he noticed it longer shone as bright as before. Now it looked as though she'd been wearing it for weeks.
"Soon those stones' luster will fade and she will be mine forever!" he said laughing maniacally.

He appeared in her bedroom. Thanks to the homing spell he put on the CD she bought, he was able to find her apartment with no trouble at all. Sapphire picked her up gently, and she began to stir.
"Nephrite," she murmurred, putting her arms around his neck. She smiled as she went back to sleep.
"So you still dream of him, little queen. But not for long, my spell grows stronger by the minute now you're no longer wearing that damned talisman. Soon you'll forget all of your life here. Soon, you'll belong to me," he said and kissed her lips.
She stirred again but did not wake. She put her hand on his head caressing it. He teleported with her in his arms, still kissing.

Back at his apartment, Sapphire gently laid the girl on his bed. He chuckled when he remembered he had done, will do, the same thing 1,000 years into the future. He went into the living room and grabbed a chair. He carried the chair into his room and placed it beside the bed.
He sat in the chair and concentrated on Naru. His black moon became a third eye again and he went into a trance.

On the astral plane, Sapphire saw he was surrounded by trees of every color imaginable. He marvelled at the forest, but he had no time to waste. If he was to claim her, he had to do it now. He walked through the forest until he came to a clearing.
Naru was sleeping on purple moss, ringed by flowers of as many colors as the trees. She was wearing a pale blue dress and her hair was down. At her throat was the hoshizuishou. She resembled a sleeping faery princess.
<Even in her astral form she's beautiful.> he said awestruck by her beauty.
He carefully approached the sleeping girl and entered the ring of flowers. He bent down and kissed her on the lips again. She woke, her eyes changing quickly from sea-green to the darker shade they had earlier at the store.
She looked at him and smiled. He smiled back at her. <I love you.> he said to her. Her eyes went blank then changed back to their normal color when she remembered someone. The man she really loved, Nephrite.
<Get away from me! I don't know who you are, but I love Nephrite!> she shot up off the moss and ran from the ring of flowers.
He chased her through the forest until she came to a wall of thorns. The thorns surrounded her and she was trapped. He appeared before her. <Naughty, naughty Naru-chan. Mustn't run away from your lover like that.> he said grabbing hold of her.
<Let me go! You're not my lover. You'll never be my lover!> she shouted and the pendant glowed enveloping her in a blinding silver light.
<Hah! Two can play at that game Naru-chan.> He brought out the kurozuishou shard. <Kurozuishou, I beg you lend me your power. Give me the power to take what is rightfully mine!> The dark crystal flared covering him with an equally powerful light.
<Naru-chan, listen to me. Please. Your mind's been messed with by that Moon witch. Don't you remember how much I love you. How much you love me. How much you desired me?> he said.
Tendrils of his darkness reached out and poked holes in her silver light. The tendrils began to stroke her, caress her as he would. She tried to fight them off, but the darkness deep in her mind reached out for the tendrils and gave them strength. The silver light faded and then disappeared, so did the light surrounding Sapphire.
The two were now in a ballroom. Couples were dancing, talking, and laughing. All there were wearing masks. Some resembling animals, some resembling goblins. (For an idea see the movie Labyrinth) He was wearing his dark blue suit and she was wearing a sapphire blue gown that trailed behind her. He bowed to her.
<Princess, may I have this dance?> he asked her.
<I'd be honored.> she said taking his arm.
He led her to the dance floor and they began to dance a waltz. He leaned closer to her and she smiled knowing what came next. She tilted her head and allowed him to kiss her. This time she returned the kiss giving into her desire.

He awoke from his trance, smiling. He looked at his captive and noticed a subtle change about her. He gently stroked her brow pushing away the bangs and saw the inverted black crescent moon on her forehead. He had succeeded! Naru was his, completely!
He got up from the chair and sat on the bed next to her. He placed his hand on her cheek and kissed her. She woke up and began to kiss him back wrapping her arms around him.