Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Just keep rockin` ❯ Sing and confess ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7: Sing and confess.
 
Darien walked into the penthouse, very upset, but at the same time feeling very guilty. He grabbed his guitar and sat on the balcony, trying to focus everything he felt in a song. He began to play a tune, adding the words in the way.
 
It's excruciating
I know you need to know where we stand
Is there harm in waiting?
Is this my only chance to take your hand?
 
I'm torn in two
By what I should
Or should not do
Torn, torn in two
Will you wait for me?
If I run from you?
 
Serena told the taxi driver to leave her at the hotel. It was so late, that the reception guy was nearly falling asleep, so she pretended to be a guest and head straight to the elevators. She pressed the button for the penthouse floor and waited while it began to move. She had only one idea in her mind: apologizing. Malachite had told her to go home, but she knew that if she didnt do something fast, she wouldnt get a decent night of sleep, feeling guilty of all she had done. The elevator doors opened and she began to walk towards the door. When she was about to knock, she heard music coming from the inside and Dariens voice singing:
 
I really must confess
It feels like there's a war in me.
I'm one of those who ever last
But is this really where I need to be?
 
I'm torn in two
By what I should
Or should not do
Torn, torn in two
Will you wait for me?
If I run from you?
 
She hadnt noticed that the guy was such a good singer. Well, maybe you could have noticed in the concert if you werent sulking against the poor guy. She kept on listening, but since he was on the other side of the room, she opened the door a little to hear better.
 
Over this, I'm loosing rest.
I can barely turn away
If I try a second guess
Oh, I'll give it all away
Oh, I'm torn
 
Torn, torn in two
Will you wait for me?
Should I run from you?
I'm torn
 
The music died, and tears were running down Serenas eyes. The guy had a heart after all, and she was the responsible of those words.
 
“Im sorry.”
 
She looked up, and saw him standing in front of her. She cleaned the tears away and shook her head.
 
“No, I am the one who should be apologizing. You were so nice to me, but I treated you like crap from the beginning.”
“But I made you cry. That makes me a worse person.”
“No it doesnt! I was crying because your song made me realize what kind of jerk I was being to you. Believe me, Im not normally such a bad girl.”
“Yeah, but I didnt give you much of a choice.”
“What do you mean?”
“I pulled out conclusions fast and treated you like you were a stalking fan.”
“Let me tell ya, I looked like one.”
“Yeah, but you didnt wanted to do so. Your friends forced you.”
“Yeah, some of them have special techniques to make me, you know, puppy dog-eyes and stuff.”
“You are lucky to have good friends.”
“You have Malachite, dont cha?”
“Yeah, sometime I feel he is the only one I can trust.”
“You know what you need?”
“What”
“You need to have some fun. Get out and stuff. It seems to me that you are stuck in here all day long. Do you ever do something more than just giving a show and come back home?”
“No, not really. That is pretty much all the fun I have had recently. I guess tomorrow will be the same. What a way to spend my birthday”
“ Oh, tomorrow is your birthday? Ok, I know what your present is gonna be! I am gonna teach you the best way to have fun! I will be here tomorrow at noon, so dont try to get away this time!”
“What are we gonna do?”
“I wont tell ya! Otherwise, youll find a way to spoil the fun!”
“Great, now I am a fun-spoiler.”
“No, I was just saying that is better if you dont know where I am taking you. So I will be here tomorrow at 12 sharp!”
“You havent asked if I had work to do. What if I have something really important to do tomorrow? Darien said with a grin in his face.
“Yeah? Like what?”
“Dunno. Saving the world, maybe I am an undercover CIA agent, or a superhero!”
“You dont look like any of those. And the world will have to wait. Tomorrow is your day and I am gonna make sure you have the best birthday ever! See ya! Gotta do a lot of planning for tomorrow!”
 
Serena ran outside the door, thinking about what they should do. Meanwhile, Darien closed the door, smiling at the perspective of spending the whole afternoon with Serena. What a best birthday gift than that? Even if he havent admit it, he was starting to fall fo her.