Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Juuban High Tennis ❯ Chapter 03: Mina's birthday ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Juuban High Tennis
By Blue Dreamer

Chapter 03: Mina's birthday.

The next few days of training were going off at a stable pace.

Serena was actually managing to get to her school on time avoiding Darien as she was taking another route. She hated having to pick the balls for the so called advanced group. Beryl and her click were making it difficult for Serena.

Darien Shied of course was bullying the girl and making Serena loose her temper whenever possible. Andrew had already come to her rescue once or twice in less than a week.

-"Come on man, do you have to be so mean with that poor girl?" Andrew asked Darien.

-"I just can't help myself" Darien grinned.

-"She's quite good for a beginner, so I thing she'll become an asset to her team in a near future" Andrew continued.

-"Let me handle her, ok?" Darien ended the conversation between the two of them.


Lunch break

-"Hey Mina, so at what time are we coming tonight?" Lita asked her friend.

-"You can all come anytime after 7:00pm. I have a surprise as well to announce" she giggled.

-"What have you been hiding from us" Serena asked her friend.

-"Just wait and see" Mina winked.

Amy, Lita and Serena were trying to guess what this surprise could be.

-"It cannot be a boyfriend because Mina would not be able to wait without telling us... Cannot be a new video game as she has them all... Cannot be..."


At tennis nearing 6o'clock in the evening

-"Serena, until you get 50 balls over the net, you will have to stay here" Darien told her firmly.

-"But I have to go today..." Serena started.

-"So then hurry up... and in any case I'm sure everyone's quite used to the late meatball head." He answered back in an annoyed tone.

When Serena managed to finish, it was 7:00pm. She had to rush to Mina's ...

-"You are a jerk Mr Shield" she said to Darien.

-"From you that's a compliment" he laughed. "Wherever you're going, remember that you have to be here tomorrow morning ON TIME" Darien insisted on his last words.

-"How kind of you" Serena grumbled and left the tennis court.

Serena quickly changed into a simple blue dress and was off to Mina's. As she came out of her changing room, Darien was nowhere to be seen...


At Mina's

-"I'm so sorry but I had a problem with my tennis coach" Serena excused herself in front of Mina.

-"That's ok Serena. But I want you to meet my boyfriend Andrew," she smiled while tapping on a boy's shoulder to get his attention.

-"Mina, I already know Serena" Andrew answered while holding Mina by her waist.

-"Mina, how could you have hidden this fact from us?" Serena insisted "And where did the two of you meet, and when?"

-"Inquisitive friend you have Mina," said another voice.

Serena became white.

-"Mina, please don't tell me you've invited my coach?" Serena pleaded.

-"Is Darien your coach?" Mina asked.

-"Unfortunately yes", Serena answered.

-"You mean unfortunately for me" Darien mocked "You are probably the lamest of my students and always late!"

-"How did you get to know this JERK", Serena whined at Mina.

-"Well, I met Andrew and Darien at the same time two weeks ago..." Mina started and then grinned "...And I fell for Andrew."

-"Well baby, you only fell for the best" Andrew smiled and this made Serena laugh.

-"Anyways, no one would be interested in someone so annoying. Serena continued.

Darien did not answer her but pulled on her pigtails.

-"One thing sure is that this child has to first grow up before trying to get any attention." Darien mocked.

-"Why are you all the time teasing this young lady?" Andrew turned to ask Darien

-"Are you referring to Meatball as a lady?" Darien laughed "Gosh Andrew, you are really in love with her best friend"

-"He probably likes her and does not want to admit his feelings" Mina intervened and continued "I am sure the two will date soon enough"

-"Mina, for your information, this man is the NASTIEST man in this planet." Serena insisted "I think, well I definitely prefer Ms Haruna."

-"So Meatball head, I you trying to say that you have a crush on me" Darien laughed and then walked off towards the kitchen to get himself a drink.

-"Mina, please don't you even think about putting the two of us together. I hate the man." Serena said in a serious tone.

-"Mina, just let the two of them handle their own business" Andrew told Mina before she said anything. "We have our business to take care off" Andrew then kissed Mina.

Serena decided to go and talk to her other friends.

When Mina broke the kiss she was still thinking of the two young people. Darien and Serena are in love... they just don't know how to express their feelings... She had to do something about that.


Few hours later

-"I got you the new Sailor V game" Serena handed her the box which was not wrapped up "I was not given TIME to wrap it up" Serena apologised and gave a nasty look to Darien "His fault".

-"Of course this girl does not want to take any responsibilities for her actions..." Darien informed and then gave Mina a bag "Happy birthday"

-"Thanks a lot Darien" Mina hugged Darien. Inside the bag was an exclusive perfume

Amy handed her a delicately wrapped dress.

-"Thank you Amy for this dress... I had been drooling in front of the shop for so long" Mina was highly exited.

-"Best would be you try it on" Amy answered.

-"I will after getting a piece for your cake Lita" Mina told.

As Serena was taking another share of cake, she wondered what Andrew had given Mina

-"So Andrew what have you given Mina?" Serena asked him.

-"Well, look at this" Mina presented her hand.

There was a beautiful gold ring with a lovely topaz on top of it. After the girls drooling over it Mina turned to Lita.

-"Lita thanks so much for the cake. It is so delicious" Mina thanked her friend who had baked the best chocolate cake ever.

-"Hey Baby how about you try on the dress Amy has got you" Andrew asked Mina.

-"I'll be right back" The girl answered and ran into her room to change.

Serena was feeling hot inside and decided to go to the balcony. She loved it as it was a full moon day.

Darien saw her going out and decided to follow her to annoy her but with the slight wind and the moonlight she was just glowing...

-"Beautiful" he whispered.

This voice made the girl shiver.

Serena looked up to this person. It happened to be Darien looking at her intensely.

-"I was talking about the moon" He said.

-"What is it about the moon?" Serena asked confused.

-"I was talking about the moon being beautiful" Darien clarified.

Serena looked up at the moon.

-"It was absurd clarifying." Serena was nearly in tears.

Darien was taken aback as he had expected her to fight back.

-"I'm sorry Serena" he told after a few minutes.

-"Why are you all the time teasing and annoying me like this." Serena was still crying. "All this because I accidentally knocked you down"

-"How about a truce for this evening" Darien suggested "For one night let us be friends"

Serena just nodded and Darien grinned.

The two of them walked back inside as Mina was coming back to the hall in her black dress.

-"You are looking gorgeous" Andrew told his girlfriend.

-"Thanks sweetheart" Mina answered and then looked at Serena and Darien who had just come in as well. "And where were the two of you?"

-"Decided on a truce for your birthday Mina" Darien grinned and winked at Serena.

-"Love is in the air..."Mina started to sing which made the others laugh.

With that Lita put the music on and all started dancing. When it came towards the end of the party the girls helped to arrange the mess.

Amy and Lita were staying in the opposite direction from Serena's house. Darien told the girls that he could drop them all. Serena was thrilled not having to walk home alone.

-"Drew, are you coming or are you staying here?" Darien asked his friend

-"Get out now all of you" Andrew pushed the invitees out.

-"Just had to tell us" Darien laughed and the whole group left.

Darien dropped off Lita and then Amy. Serena was in the front seat next to Darien.

-"Darien, why can't you always be like this" she asked him.

-"Hey Meatball head, it was only at Mina's" The man answered back un-expectantly and stopped the car as they were in front of Serena's house.

-"You were so nice at Mina's" Serena did not know whether to get angry and cry. "Just wished you would be nice a little longer"

She got off the car and Darien followed her to her doorstep.

-"Goodnight Darien" Serena told softly before getting her keys out of her bag.

-"Serena", Darien grabbed her wrist and made her turn to face him.

-"Yes Darien?", Serena was staring into his midnight blue eyes.

Darien let his right hand caress her cheek. He then brought his lips to hers and kissed her. After a few seconds of astonishments, Serena answered to his kisses. They pulled out minutes later panting. Darien kissed her again before whispering.

-"Good night Meatball Head, don't be late for the training."

With those last words he went back to his car and drove off leaving Serena dumb fooled.

-"Mr Darien Shield, I just don't understand you."

And she went inside.