Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Loss ❯ Longing ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well, for those who are still reading, if any, please review this chapter too! Now, on to chapter 4!!

Chapter 4: Longing


Haruka walked out of the Burger Shop, clutching the food near her, like a new born infant. She walked quickly, wanting to get back to her love. Haruka knew better then to hope for forgiveness, but she had to try anyway. She wished that Michiru wouldn't hate her, but what could she do? She deserved it, she knew she did, but still, Michiru was being so unfair. She's done so much for her this past two weeks.

She wasn't doing this for the gratitude; she knew it wasn't going to come. She was doing it because she loved Michiru, and didn't want the one she loved to fall apart from the loss. If she did, Haruka would be there to pick up the pieces.

"Come on, hurry up!" I grabbed her again, tugging her arm.

"Sorry," Yuriko smiled. " What are you so excited about anyway? I've never seen you like this."

"Really?" I asked. To me, it had felt like one continuous happy moment since I met her. There were some bad moments, but I always had Yuriko to fall back on.

"Yeah. What happened to make you so happy?"

"Oh nothing. I just love you soooo much!"

"I love you too, baby." She squeezed my hand.

"I would kiss you so much right now, but I want to get to the park quickly."

"Oh c'mon!" She mewed. "Pwease?" She leaned towards my face. "I'm beautiful, right? You love me right?"

"Of course."

"Then kiss me! Or let me kiss you."

"Later, okay?" If all went well, I figured there'd be a lot more then kissing later on. I should've taken that kiss when I could. It would've been our last one.

"Fine." She looked at her shoes. Oh no, she probably thought I was so happy because Id found someone even better then her. Not that that's possible but.oh well I would prove her wrong later.

"Yuriko, Yuriko, come here." I put my arms around her. "I love you so much, but we don't have time now. I have a really big surprise and I'm just so excited to give it to you."

She hugged back, and pressed her face against my shoulder. "Okay, but this better be good."

I let go. "Heres the street."

She flashed me a sunny grin, and stepped into the street.

And that's when it happened. . . . . The evil green death-car came speeding down the street, plowing into Yuriko. She went limp and fell; sprawled to the ground.

I stood on the curb for a few seconds, stunned. She had to be okay, she was okay, because I love her and I couldn't stand to lose her. "Yuriko!" I ran towards her. "Yuriko, sweetie, are you okay?"

There was blood everywhere. Shed been hit hard. "Michi.ru." She gasped. "I.love.you.I." Then she spoke no more. I grabbed her shoulders and shook her.

"YURIKO!!! Say something, Yuriko, please! Yuriko, please I love you so much! YURIKO!! Oh no.noooo.Yuriko." I knew she was dead and I started to cry. My tears mixed with her blood and I held her beautiful body. The driver of the evil green car stepped out. "Oh dear God, she's dead isn't she?"

"Yes," I did not look at the driver. I didn't want to know who it was.

But she bent down and looked at me. "Michiru?"

"How do you know my name?" I growled.

"Look at me." She said, touching my face.

I obeyed. It was Haruka.

"What are you doing here?!" I shouted, suddenly angry. Now that this murderer had a face I wanted to kill her. I started to stand up but Yuriko was in my lap, and I didn't want to move her so I stayed put.

"You should get out of the street. The same thing might happen to you." Haruka said, kindly.

"Is that a threat?" I spat. "What, are you going to kill me too?"

"Of course not. Come on, I'll help you move her. Then we need to call an ambulance."

"What's the point? She's dead already."

"Do you want to take the chance that she's alive and not help her?"

"No." I hadn't even considered the possibility, and now a new hope lit up. "Lets get her out of the street fast!" I picked up her arms, and Haruka grabbed her legs, and we brought her towards a nearby bench.

"Do you have a phone?" Haruka asked.

"No. Do you?" I said bitterly.

"Yeah. I'll call, okay?" Haruka punched in the numbers.

"Fine. You do that."

"Oh God.Haruka don't come back.please don't come back." Michiru muttered into the pillow. Then, out of nowhere he started to cry. "Come back.I'm need someone now.I don't even care who it is."

Well, that's all for now! Please R&R!! I want to know what you all think!